Company Mafia - Day 5 End - Won by the Workers

Ok, things have NOT changed much, other than manav95 being an idiot. In fact, Walrein's LACK of aggressiveness has only been made more apparant IMO, and we are not close to majority.

##Vote Walrein

Push us close to or over majority at your own peril.

Again, sorry for the triple post.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Can we get Walrein to L-1 so we can see his defense

Actually, Walrein claim please.

If walrein claims something that makes sense, can we please lynch pokemonrocks? I mean what the fuck are his posts, they legitimately make me wince.

OH MY GOD I JUST READ THE LAST PAGE

MANAV95

WHAT THE FUCK.

i would like to remind everyone that dp67 still has not posted and i really want to see him post something substantial

i also want to point out that the problem with this survey orcinus is that the questions are very easy for a scum to simply c/p from other people. I think that it is useless at this point to conintue answering the questions.

manav being an idiot i think i expected that one, and i dont think there is enough with shinyskarmory's post that really warrants being read into, but with that being said that brings up an interesting post afterwards. Rediamond immediately posts after ss and votes him, which you know is pretty normal for d1. The odd thing i found was that he didnt address any of Paperblade's points and ignored any of the earlier discussion surrounding walrein. It seemed to me he was trying to almost appear helpful while avoiding the topic at hand (walrein rediamond scumbuddies anyone?) just some food for thought

My apologies for that post. I'd been asleep up until that point, and was in a short car ride reading through the events that occured while I was asleep. I found that to be annoying on his part and a joking way to correct him before I got ninja'd by Ullar. I hadn't had time to go over my thoughts or the time to post them.

Now, I've had both.

I view the Walrein bandwagon as pointless, even if this does further Jalmont's theory. Namely because this early in an NOC game, it would be incredibly easy for him to slip out of any pressure we put on him. The fact that he hasn't done so is odd, but we have much better targtes that are likelier to crack, as I said earlier. If we have an inspector/vig, looking into/killing him tonight might be the better course of action, as it would be nearly impossible to pin a somewhat experienced user this early in the game.

Which is why I support going after inactive newer users who haven't contributed anything and have slipped beneath the radar to a degree. While he isn't beneath the radar, I believe that one user is the likeliest to crack, the least helpful possible vanillager, and the least likely to have a village power role.

##Unvote
##Vote pokemonrocks777

Could you please elaborate on your opinions on users Walrein, Orcinus Duo, and Paperblade?

These are some of the users that are the most controversial, or that have quite a few posts to draw an opinion from. This should be simple enough. While this question is directed at the target of my vote, any one may answer these to get a discussion going.

Rediamond the problem i have with calling out those types of users is that (no offense to pkrocks) i do not believe that BT or most hosts for that matter would assign those users to be mafia. Especially with pkrocks's past history in mafia (see red panda mafia) I certainly would not put pkrocks on the mafia team. I think that questioning these sort of users is a complete waste of time. I also dont see how more experienced users will "slip" out of the pressure being put on them. If you could elaborate there I would appreciate it. Right now I honestly feel that you are almost trying to move the pressure off walrein onto someone like pkmnrocks who we probably wont get a lot of info from. Is rediamond buddying walrein? I dont know but he might be.

right now if i had to compose a list of the mafia i would probably say they are:
walrein
rediamond
darkpenguin67
itchni/aura_guardian
dle/capefeather

this is based off posts so far, and who i would put on the mafia given this player base. i think AG has come off as generally village to me but based on reputation/experience i would not be suprised if bt put him on the mafia.

also if i offended anyone in this post i apologize as that is not my intention

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
O:

Jalmont says something not inane!

I'm not sure I agree with the list of suspected mafia atm, but (no offense...well maybe a little) pr is a bit too incompetent to be mafia. But I think the lynch on walrein should go through, as I think Red just might be buddying Walrein.

Red please respond to or at least acknowledge what I said to you earlier, it looks bad when you ignore what people say to you.

Walrein is at L-3 unless we have a mayor in there.

1). Is it a better strategy to be bold or to be a coward in NOC games, and what strategy will you adopt?
Bold because otherwise we will get nowhere.
2). What are your thoughts on having a "town innocent child"?
I'd be a little suspicious but for the most part I'd trust him.
3). What do you think game setup is?
I'd assume 14 village with 4 mafia/1 wolf or 5 mafia.

##vote Walrein for now.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
1). Is it a better strategy to be bold or to be a coward in NOC games, and what strategy will you adopt?
Bold's better for other people to be able to get a read on you, which helps the town. I'm usually a relatively bold player, unless I'm neutral or really busy. Then I lurk hard. I'll be pretty bold this game as well.

2). What are your thoughts on having a "town innocent child"?
I believe it; it's a very easy target for the mafia or any third party roles for an assured town kill, as well as serves a way of giving a smogon town a clear, which are notoriously pretty bad except for that one game I kicked ass ;). Trust it for now; we'll see if that trust needs to change.

3). What do you think game setup is?
13 village, 4 mafia or 13 village, 3 mafia and a neutral of some sort. Leaning towards the latter for being more interesting, but the former might make sense given how bad at NOC smogon usually is.

4). Bank account and pin?
99% bro, who needs banksters

Jalmont said:
dle is maf
Oh hey dle is so mafia from the random voting stage.

No you.

But why are you apologizing for some reads you have on the 2nd or 3rd page? And why do you have the reads that you do?

Oh hey dle is so mafia from the random voting stage.

No you.

But why are you apologizing for some reads you have on the 2nd or 3rd page? And why do you have the reads that you do?
Jalmont said:
this is based off posts so far, and who i would put on the mafia given this player base.
I am not apologizing for my reads. Basically i dont think pkrocks is mafia because his past games show that it might be unwise to put him on a team for fear of something like red panda happening.

my list of mafia was based not only off posts but people i think bt would be likely to put on mafia

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Jalmont, I believe going after dp is chancy at best. Keep the vote on Walrein, but don't let it go to majority. He needs a chance to explain himself, scum or not.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I am not apologizing for my reads. Basically i dont think pkrocks is mafia because his past games show that it might be unwise to put him on a team for fear of something like red panda happening.
I guess if we take past games into consideration I would end up being the cleanest player here
CLAIM TO ME

we can still go after dp and have walrein explain himself???
dp claims a bold strategy yet has posted nothing but a gl post and answered the survey with replica answers from previous users.

he has also ignored most of the conversation regarding walrein and rediamond (scumbuddies anyone?)

Sorry, eating lunch/other things.

What I meant by slipping out is that simply put, its very easy to find an excuse to even the most scummy behavior in NOC that will sway quite a few people. For instance, Walrein could claim that by lying low he was luring scum into thinking he was inevitably going to get lynched while he used his power role freely. He could claim that he was a vanlliger and extremely busy due to irl. To top it off, I highly doubt that scum would continue to be evasive in this kind of a dire circumstance unless they really wanted to die. And if they can afford to play a risky strategy like that, there must be quite a few of them and this will be an incredibly tough game to win if the village really has as few power roles as I think it does.

As far as the Walrein/Rediamond scumbuddy theory goes, why would I make a post directing attention away from Walrein immediately after you posted that theory? If one of us were to get lynched and flip scum, it would basically confirm the other one was scum as well. There is no reason a good scum player, or even a decent one, would ever put themselves in that kind of a position right after someone made a post calling them out.

As far as denial goes, what do you want me to say? I'm not scum and I've held the newer user view since my first serious post? That all of my actions clearly have a distinct, plausible origin? If you've been following the thread, you should be able to figure that out yourself.

That said, Walrein seriously needs to start contributing if he's going to be of any use to the village. I would also suggest rotating asking opinions on certain users instead of the questions. This will allow us to build a network of connections that will prove useful a little later in the game. The three I listed are a good starting place, as they have some of the most/most scummy posts.

also AG was that directed at me?
Yes, yes it was.

Also, assuming dp = Darkpenguin67. I *have not* checked whether he claimed a bold strategy or not, but if he answered it, he did, since everyone claimed that. Which means if we don't lynch Walrein, I think that / agree with any sentiments that Darkpenguin67 should be next on the block. (I poorly phrased that last thing, but I can't think of another way to say it, sorry).

I really want to lynch Jalmont right now. creating a mafia list in the blind vote stage is incredibly stupid. I haven't been in any mafia game where people were stupid/trollish/joking in the first round and then got serious.

This is a completely random vote. Honestly I wanna vote you but getting this round over is a priority of mine so people don't do stupider and stupider things.

Lets just bandwagon Walrein to death.

it took you 1 hour to post that?
I was not completely focus on that post for an entire hour, I was doing other stuff as well. I was also trying to get some reads (pretty unsuccessfully). I generally think its hard to read people on Day 1. I decided to vote Walrein because he should probably explain himself ASAP. Also minor correction to my former post is that its probably 13 village 4 maf. Not sure why I though there was 19 people.

I really want to lynch Jalmont right now. creating a mafia list in the blind vote stage is incredibly stupid. I haven't been in any mafia game where people were stupid/trollish/joking in the first round and then got serious.

This is a completely random vote. Honestly I wanna vote you but getting this round over is a priority of mine so people don't do stupider and stupider things.

Lets just bandwagon Walrein to death.
im just getting started

As much as Jalmont's been annoying, lynching him would be a bad strategy as lynching active users early could lead to an incredibly inactive game later, which generally leads to a scum win as the town is unable to actually gain relevant information. Jalmont/Paperblade/Ullar are the three lynches that would be completely be out of the village's best interest to perform today, and anyone without a seriously good reason as to why we should do it should be viewed with caution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)