Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Actually, you can say something like "IF Fire Blast is issued A1, AND Flamethrower is issued A2, THEN use Rain Dance A1, pushing actions back.", & it would still count as 1 Substitution - AND is a clause that forces the substitution to be more specific in the way it is triggered, that is, just using the first move mentioned & not doing anything else stipulated in the substitution will not trigger the substitution.

So i assume "If Politoed uses Surf OR Scald,use Protect and push-back" Isnt allowed?

Thanks for the help,it sucks to be a newbie :P

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
AND & NOT are the only "Logical Operators" allowed before the THEN (According to SDS).

"IF Surf OR Scald is issued, THEN use Protect, pushing actions back." is basically an illegal way of saying...

"IF Surf is issued, THEN use Protect, pushing actions back."
"IF Scald is issued, THEN use Protect, pushing actions back."

I have a quick question. I'm reffing a 1 vs. 1 match, but one of the players sent me two 'mons. Should I PM him and tell him to choose only one? Let him send out and only use one in the thread? Or should I just decide for him with a coinflip?

@ Sound,

Players are allowed to PM up to 3 mons in a 1v1 or 2v2 battle. Only the mons that get sent out get counters.

The order of sending out goes

Person who was seeking match in tower sends out first
Person who accepted sends out second and issues actions
Person who was seeking battle in tower issues actions
You then ref

*facepalm* Now that I think about it, I believe I read something to the effect of that in the battle tower. Well, thanks for responding so quickly, SubwayJ.

*SNIP*​

Also
NOTE to Eternal Drifter:
I know it doesn't say so in the DAT but there is a rule (I have been influenced by it) that states you only get the CC bonus if you win the battle.​
Is this true? If it is, then my plan for cash is heading towards the drain...

Data Audit Thread MkII said:
Pay Day: The Pokemon summons energy packets and throws them at the opponent. The energy turn into coins after impact. Each use of Pay Day nets the trainer 1 TC. If the Pokemon has Amulet Coin attached, it gains two TC each use. A maximum of 3 TC can be gained this way in any given battle.

Attack Power: 4 | Accuracy: 100% | Energy Cost: 2 | Attack Type: Physical | Effect Chance: -- | Contact: No | Typing: Normal | Priority: 0 | CT: Passive

Confirming it was decided upon as part of the hot fix, and probably should've been fixed by now. There was some debate over it a while back when it was becoming highly problematic.

What happens if:

A slower pokemon uses Substitute and ,next action,uses Dig while the faster opponent uses Dig as well?

I was thinking it over during my current battle and this got my interest,anyone knows what happens? Will the faster opponent`s Dig hit the Substitute? Or will it miss entirely like in the official games?

Just noticed i posted that in the wrong thread.....

The attack would miss, imagine the slower pokemon takes the substitute with it, even monsters like their little Rhydon doll

Hum....

when you combine a physical with a special move,how is the damage calculated?

During a move combo,assuming both moves are differently typed,i assume the stronger`s move type is used? If said move only becomes stronger due to STAB,is there a difference?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Hum....

when you combine a physical with a special move,how is the damage calculated?

During a move combo,assuming both moves are differently typed,i assume the stronger`s move type is used? If said move only becomes stronger due to STAB,is there a difference?
Combining Physical and Special attacks:

Ever though Work Up and Growth were kind of useless? Well, the good news is that as difficult as it is to pull off, you can use both attack types at once in a combination. Here's how to calculate:

Example: Brave Torterra Razor Leaf + Leaf Storm w/ +1 Atk/SpA, in a Double Battle against Starmie and Archeops.[/Hide]

Razor Leaf: The Pokemon fires a blast of razor-sharp leaves at its opponent. The extreme sharpness of the leaves make the attack more likely to result in a critical hit. This move targets up to three (3) adjacent opponents in a multi-battle.

Attack Power: 6 | Accuracy: 95% | Energy Cost: 4 | Effect Chance: -- | Typing: Grass | Priority: 0 | CT: Elemental

Leaf Storm: Several parts of the Pokemon's body start to glow as it charges up. The Pokemon then launches a huge cyclone of wind and razor-sharp leaves at the foe. The attack is so exhausting that it lowers the user's Special Attack stat by two (2) stages.

Attack Power: 14 | Accuracy: 90% | Energy Cost: 9 | Effect Chance: -- | Typing: Grass | Priority: 0 | CT: Force

First combine the Base Attack Power of the two attacks, then split it in half. One will calculate using Physical Attack and the other will calculate using Special Attack. Apply STAB before the split. 6 + 14 + 3 = 23, split in half is 11.5. The accuracy if the attack will be 92.5%. In a double battle, Razor Leaf hits all foes, and Leaf Storm lowers Special Attack two stages after use. The Energy cost is (4 + 9 - 1 = 12) * 1.5 = 18.

Physical Calc:
Starmie: (8.625 (11.5 *0.75) + 3 [Star Difference] = 11.625) * 1.5 = 17.4375 + 1.75 = 19.1875
Archeops: (8.625 (11.5 * 0.75) + 3) [Star Difference] = 11.625) * 1 = 11.625 + 1.75 = 13.375

Special Calc:
Starmie (8.625 (11.5 * 0.75) + 0 [Star Difference] * 1.5 = 12.9375 + 1.75 = 14.6875
Archeops (8.625 (11.5*0.75) + 0 [Star Difference] * 1 = 8.625 + 1.75 = 10.375

Total Damage: 34 Starmie, 24 Archeops, 18 Energy, -2 SpA.

If Counter is used on a double battle and is hit by a physical move from both opponents,will it affect both of then? Or can it only counter one opponent?

If Counter is used on a double battle and is hit by a physical move from both opponents,will it affect both of then? Or can it only counter one opponent?
It will affect the last Pokemon to hit it with a physical attack, but it will factor in total damage taken from physical attacks that action.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
It will affect the last Pokemon to hit it with a physical attack, but it will factor in total damage taken from physical attacks that action.
Wrong.

Confirmed on PO, Counter will attack the last Pokemon to hit it with a physical attack and deal damage based on the last physical attack that hit it, not all physical attacks. The only attack that factors in total damage is Bide.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
How does Double Team interact with No Guard? When a pokemon with No Guard uses Double Team, is it still a 100% hit?

Anyone knows where i can find a list with the stat listing of every pokemon? The one at the Registration tower only lists for starter pokemon.

Frosty

=_=
I still didn't manage catch up to all the changes, so I need to ask:

Say I use a pokemon on a RP (Battle Hall or Battle Subway to be more specific). Can I also use it on battles or not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)