[WIN7] How do you host a PS server?

I am currently running a 64-bit operation system on Windows 7, and I was wondering how do you make a PS server? I got the source files, but all the instructions are in Apple. Please help asap! :D

I installed node.js and npm (by default) but the node command doesnt work on Command Prompt or Node.js. :(

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Well, I don't have a very good idea of what to do, then. Try opening app.js with Node?

Hey zarel, I was looking at the link and it looked like it was made for Linux, would I be right in making that assumption? That those instructions work well for Linux distros also?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Hey zarel, I was looking at the link and it looked like it was made for Linux, would I be right in making that assumption? That those instructions work well for Linux distros also?
As I said: the instructions are for POSIX.

POSIX is a family of operating systems that includes Linux, Mac OS X, BSD, Unix, etc...

Perfect.
However when i do npm install in terminal it gives me several errors.

Edit: I fixed some of the errors however where would I find and set up SockJS?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
SockJS should be automatically installed when you run npm install.

The error message you PMed me makes me believe there's something wrong with npm's servers; it should work if you try again tomorrow.

Help

I keep getting this error help

> D:/Pokemon/app.js
SyntaxError: Invalid flags supplied to RegExp constructor 'app'
at new RegExp (unknown source)
at repl:1:1
at REPLServer.self.eval (repl.js:109:21)
at rli.on.self.bufferedCmd (repl.js:258:20)
at REPLServer.self.eval (repl.js:116:5)
at Interface.<anonymous> (repl.js:248:12)
at Interface.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:96:17)
at Interface._onLine (readline.js:200:10)
at Interface._line (readline.js:518:8)
at Interface._ttyWrite (readline.js:736:14)
>

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
when i put in node app.js i get ... and then i put npm install and it keeps going ...
im i doing something wroung?
Where are you typing that in? o_O

You should be typing it into a commandline with Pokemon Showdown's directory as its working directory.

Also, npm install goes first. :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)