Media Yu-Gi-Oh discussion

I will say this about DN:

People seem to ragequit a lot when their field of xyz's are going on the offense and they attack my face-down Morphing Jar #2 >_>

With any hope it means less rabbit decks, I am sick of them.

Its just that feeling as soon as you see it, that deep feeling of dispair as you realise its going to be one of THOSE games.
Rabbit and TGU are only being Semi'd.

Rabbit Decks will be around still.

People will likely add some Tour Buses to their decks in place of the 3rd TGU.

Personally i'm gonna run 1 Tour Bus.

That or DW, idk yet.

Rabbit and TGU are only being Semi'd.

Rabbit Decks will be around still.

People will likely add some Tour Buses to their decks in place of the 3rd TGU.

Personally i'm gonna run 1 Tour Bus.

That or DW, idk yet.
Tour bus is one of the worst cards to have in your hand.... like ever.

I personally cant wait for the september ban list. My hieratic deck is still very strong and it's even more fun without the otk because I'm not instantly winning every one of my duels.

Chaos Dragons.....are dead.... they just are. Metal and Scorcerer are limited. It makes me sad.

Dark World will probably rule the day with hero decks in second place. Dark World is broken and Grapha REALLY needs to be limited.

Tour bus is one of the worst cards to have in your hand.... like ever.

I personally cant wait for the september ban list. My hieratic deck is still very strong and it's even more fun without the otk because I'm not instantly winning every one of my duels.

Chaos Dragons.....are dead.... they just are. Metal and Scorcerer are limited. It makes me sad.

Dark World will probably rule the day with hero decks in second place. Dark World is broken and Grapha REALLY needs to be limited.
REDMD being limited made me sad..i personally think banning Future Fusion and putting it @1 is a bit much.

I'm not actually sure what i'm gonna run in place of the 3rd TGU. other than a lone Tour Bus.

As for decks..likely DW/Heros/Rabbit will be the most dominant.

Wow I just checked the new banlist and my favorite deck got killed.

I mean with one Hornet and one Dragonfly, the deck really isn't worth running anymore. I'll probably still try but I don't see it working too well.

Probably time to start playing Heroes or Dark World

Wow I just checked the new banlist and my favorite deck got killed.

I mean with one Hornet and one Dragonfly, the deck really isn't worth running anymore. I'll probably still try but I don't see it working too well.

Probably time to start playing Heroes or Dark World
Dark World is probably the more consistent one.

I'm still surprised that Gates/Grapha/Snoww didn't get nailed by the banlist.

lol wow a yugioh thread awsome also i do agree there alot of rage quiters on DN...i barely even on because of that...im still waiting to see the new banned list...i hear that brionac is getting banned now too...i swear there really pushing to xyz now i noticed...

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
It's a good list overall, despite the Sorcerer hit. Seriously, they should have banned BLS instead.

Glad they brought back old favorites (Earth, Kalut, Debris, Spore, and Tsukuyomi). Barring Tsuk, those cards might actually be somewhat relevant.

I'm gonna have fun with Chaos Agents this format.

list is ok, psychics are really good

overdrive gets veilered, chain time escaper, effect resolves, next turn overdrive comes back and you can use his effect again

psi blocker is also really cool but dont use him on dueling network because nobody knows how he works and theyll argue with you (i dont really blame them, disallowing the 'use' of a card is vague at best)

testing out miracle synchro because its kind of cute but im probably going to cut it for a third crow, dark world is zzz

deck overdrives t1 or t2 most games, then depending on your hand you make either bounzer or barkion/stardust, then you have the mini avarice things to fish into more hand traps, or if you go second you can just otk

if youre playing vs dark world and you go first and open e tele + any monster you normally win because they cant deal with t1 naturia beast

Since Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow got put to 2, I figured I would try out Blackwings. Hasn't done too badly so far, went 5-1 at a small swiss tournament.

Monsters: 19
3 Blackwing - Blizzard the Far North
3 Blackwing - Bora the Spear
1 Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
2 Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
3 Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame
2 Blackwing - Sirroco the Dawn
3 Blackwing - Vayu the Emblem of Honor
2 Effect Veiler
Spells: 11
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Black Whirlwind
1 Dark Hole
2 Forbidden Lance
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Pot of Duaity
Traps: 11
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Delta Crow - Anti Reverse
3 Icarus Attack
1 Mirror Force
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Warning
2 Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Blackwing - Silverwind the Ascendant
2 Blackwing Armed Wing
1 Blackwing Armor Master
1 Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth
1 Magical Android
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 T.G. Hyper Librarian
1 Void Ogre Dragon
1 Gagaga Gunman
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Number 50: Black Corn

3 Vayu looks really cloggy and unneccessary. You have a lot of ways to push for damage already.

I would probably drop two of them. Photon Thrasher, Koichi the Daybreak, Spirit Reaper, Thunder King, or BLS seem like good things you could put in instead as preference.

completely agree

3 Vayu looks really cloggy and unneccessary. You have a lot of ways to push for damage already.

I would probably drop two of them. Photon Thrasher, Koichi the Daybreak, Spirit Reaper, Thunder King, or BLS seem like good things you could put in instead as preference.

^agree. 3 vayu in regular BW is really unneccessary and sometimes just dead. I had a friend who would do that, and he would draw vayu all the time and he just hated it. In my opinion out of what the person above me said I would go with the spirit reapers.

Physics are pretty good

No seriously, I'm not sure how you can have a top decks of the format list and not put Dark Worlds. It seems like this guy just copied the 5 decks that did the best in Toronto and put them as his article. Not very impressed with the article.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In fairness although the top 5 list was primarily based on recent tourney performance he does mention a list of decks at the end of the article that he says could also do well, which does include DWs. Also not mentioning Hieratics was pretty bad. Psychics are strong though, don't hate.

Really hate that REDMD is at 1 but Atum (the real problem in the loop) is still at 3. If Konami ever releases another Lv. 10 Dragon that can be SS'd from the Deck, the loop with be back in full force. Banning Future Fusion was enough to stop Chaos Dragons, as it would no longer be very easy to get out REDMD and Lightpulsar together.

Anyway, I've been trying out Thunder Xyz and Atlantean decks and I really like them. They have so many options, even with Brionac being banned.

Me and atticus decided to nerd it up and spent all night doing some wind-up duel puzzles that we came up with. these are somewhat practical and good quick thinking exercises. they're also way harder than i would have thought because you have to realize that sometimes you wont be able to take full advantage of your wind-ups. ill post one we came up with (atticus solved it after a while, i got it a short while after that, ended up being more difficult for both of us than we anticipated.)

situation:
opponent has 10000 LP, no cards in hand or field
a wind-up rabbit is banished
you have shark shark magician in hand

win in this turn!

This is a pretty simple one but it's a pretty good thinking exercise and lets you appreciate how explosive decks can be in given situations.

Ok I changed my mind, no solution for you guys >=[. ill post it later maybe, but its a good test of ur skills

Is Rabbit banished by it's own card effect or by the opponent's card effect?

This is the most damage I can think of assuming Rabbit is banished by an opponent's card effect:
Normal Summon Wind-Up Magician -> Special Summon Wind-Up Shark
Trigger Magician Effect: Special Summon 1 Wind-Up Magician from your Deck in face-up Defense Position
Shark Effect: Level 3, Trigger Magician Effect: Special Summon 1 Wind-Up Rat from your Deck in face-up Defense Position
2 Magician into Photon Papilloperative
Detach 1 Wind-Up Magician; Change Wind-Up Rat into face-up Attack Position
Wind-Up Rat effect: Special Summon 1 Wind-Up Magician from the Graveyard
Wind-Up Shark and Wind-Up Rat into Zenmaighty
Zenmaighty Detach Shark; Special Summon Wind-Up Rat
Trigger Magician effect: Special Summon 1 Wind-Up Shark
Wind-Up Magician + Wind-Up Shark into Gem-Knight Pearl
Wind-Up Rat Special Summon Wind-Up Shark from your Graveyard
Xyz into Acid Golem

End Field:
Photon Papilloperative, Wind-Up Zenmaighty, Gem-Knight Pearl, Acid Golem

Only 9200 ):

I lose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)