5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Can I RNG Shiny Stationary Pokemon? I Tried Earlier On A Reshiram And It Gave Me The Correct IV's But Not Shiny. I Really Want The Kyurem To Be Shiny Though. Help Me If You Can Answer

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Can I RNG Shiny Stationary Pokemon? I Tried Earlier On A Reshiram And It Gave Me The Correct IV's But Not Shiny. I Really Want The Kyurem To Be Shiny Though. Help Me If You Can Answer
You can, the only problem here is that Reshiram is part of a small group of pokemon that have a Shiny check. Kyurem can still be shiny though, iirc

Anyone else getting a different VCount and Timer0 combo? I'm postive that I have hit a different VCount-Timer0 combo. The first VC-T0 combo I got was AD-1675 (getting WC Genesect), next was AC-1673 (TID/SID abuse), and now AC-1671 (been consistently hit for a while now while calibrating). I'm not sure if this is a problem with my cartridge or my console. =/

Other weird parameters I've hit while calibrating...

AD - 1676
AD - 1677
AD - 1679

Please help me to choose what I should really use =/
Anyone?

You can, the only problem here is that Reshiram is part of a small group of pokemon that have a Shiny check. Kyurem can still be shiny though, iirc
Thanks. I Knew That It Couldnt Be Shiny In The Last Game But I Wasnt Sure If They Changed That. That Being Said, Is RNGing A Stationary Pokemon The Same As In Black?

Hmm, I've been using Eontimer so when I input 30 it gives me 28.xx seconds. Not sure if that's right or not.

Also when I watched Youtube vids people tend to get a lot of results in time finder. I don't always get that many results, and sometimes I get none when I want it to be ALL 31/31/31/31/31/31 and a certain slot. Is this normal??
Oh, Eon Timer. Honestly, if you're using a DS Lite/Phat, which have the clock with the minute and seconds hand, you don't really need Eon Timer. It's for people using a DSi/3DS. I suggest trying to use the clock instead of Eon Timer, and taking the 1 second offset into account.

Yes, that's normal. The more you restrict your search criteria (like flawless IVs, min/max frame both set to one, etc. etc.) you get less results.

Edit@above post: Yes, it's pretty much the same, just that you can hit more timer0s in B2/W2.

So aside from the known issue with expanded Timer0s (meaning I have to do more testing for recalibration, which will be a pain in lower-level areas), are there any notable changes to the V2 process? I thought I saw something about Memory Link?

Hey guys, if I'm breeding eggs, but my parents are different species do I need to click any box?
There's ditto, international, and Nidoran/Volbeat boxes (WTF IS THAT!?).

If, say, I'm breeding a skitty and a wailord from the same game, do I need to click any boxes?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ditto box is if you're using a Ditto, Everstone is obviously if you're using an Everstone, and international is for international parents. Leave the Volbeat/Nidoran box alone unless you're breeding one of those.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hey guys, if I'm breeding eggs, but my parents are different species do I need to click any box?
There's ditto, international, and Nidoran/Volbeat boxes (WTF IS THAT!?).

If, say, I'm breeding a skitty and a wailord from the same game, do I need to click any boxes?
You click on ditto if one of the parents is well, ditto.
You click on international if the parents are from different languages
You click on Nidoran/Volbeat if you're breeding a nidoran or volbeat

Given your information the only thing you could click is international, again; only if they're from different languages

Oh, well I will be using Nidoran eventually so I'll click that. Out of curiosity, why are those different from the rest?
Just click on it when you're actually RNGing it, not now. I believe that's because they're male/female only species that can breed their counterparts, and when you're RNGing you want to know if the offspring will be female or male

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh, well I will be using Nidoran eventually so I'll click that. Out of curiosity, why are those different from the rest?
the reason they're different is because they (Nidoran-F/Illumise) can have either their own eggs OR Nidoran-M/Volbeat.

Is there any way to check adjacent seeds from the Pokemon I hatched rather than having to catch another one to do so?
And can somebody explain Chatot pitches to me? Not quite understanding how you know when you're on your frame...

I'm having some trouble actually, can somebody briefly explain the fastest way to adjust for frame advancement based off CPU movement during breeding?

So I have taken like 4 months off of Pokemon and RNGing so I am pretty ignorant as to anything new besides 9.96 being released. So I am currently trying to get my parameters and I am in the room of Victory Road were you battle your rival. I have a Foongus with me to Sweet Scent and I am doing this as I would BW1, but I can't get one timer0 constantly. Is there something I maybe missing or is this a known problem? Sorry if this has been answered before.

BW2 has variable Timer0s, up to a dozen of 'em. Try to find your most common one.

Anybody, please help me out with adjusting my chatot viewings based off NPC movement for breeding, pwetty pweeeese! I have no idea how to determine whether I'm going over my target frame and by how much.

Target Frame - Initial Frame = Chatot Flips.
First, try to hit your seed without Chatot Flippings. Determine which frame you land on immediately after starting the game and talking to your stationary pokemon. If using sweet scent, do it as well.
e.g., My target frame is 50, RNG Reporter says my Initial Frame is 40. I should be doing 10 Chatot flips. After hitting my seed, I found out that my PID Frame is in 43. Hence, I will subtract 43 from 50 and will arrive at 7 Chatot flips instead.

Now, my question...

Is there any way to hit a consistent timer0 and not just relying on luck? (DSi user here, DSLite is dead =/)

Now, my question...

Is there any way to hit a consistent timer0 and not just relying on luck? (DSi user here, DSLite is dead =/)
Not really, although after calibrating you should discover that there are two or three timer0s that you hit more than the others, so timer0 shouldn't be too much of a problem (definitely more than it was last gen, but oh well).

Determine which frame you land on immediately after starting the game and talking to your stationary pokemon. If using sweet scent, do it as well.
What is talking to your stationary Pokemon?

Do what using sweet scent? I enter my game in the grass by the daycare, sweet scent as fast as possible and catch a poke. Then what?

The thing I don't understand is HOW to check my PID frame, please elaborate!

I just bought Black 2 and I decided to RNG for a TID/SID. From reading earlier post it looks like my calibration from Black 1 wont be the same in Black 2. How far in the game do I have to get before I can reliably find my games settings so I can RNG my TID/SID?

I'm trying to RNG a perfect Terrakion in White 2 but when I try to calibrate my timer0 values are all over the place and I can never manage to get the Terrakion I want. Is there something in particular I'm getting wrong?

ok im having some issue trying to RNG my genesect wondercard.

I have calibtrated and found my range of timer0's and selected a seed that falls in there, got my chatot set up and ready to go.

so im resetting on the right time (using eon timer to manage the extra 8 second delay for my console) and then listen to chatot 16 times (to advance to frame 66 from 48 that rng reporter is giving me.) but the stats Im getting are no where in the adjacent seed tool.

any ideas what i might be doing wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)