Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Mark 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So besides Kid Icarus, MK7, and the OoT remake..what games would you guys recommend for the 3DS?

Action/Adventure, Fighting games, and RPGs are what i tend to play.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, will in two days be the reason to own a 3DS. I am buying one just for this game. Kid Icarus will be a nice bonus though.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Fuck the fact that ZE:VLR is unavailable at my local Gamestop until tomorrow. They text me yesterday saying it was already in and now I find out that it isn't coming in until tomorrow's shipment. >:(

Who wants to pay $15 to have their shitty Unova Dex upgraded to a National Dex? Me neither. In other news: The 3DS has done absolutely nothing in the past year to interest me or try to convince me that it was worth buying

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
My daughter loves the Unova Dex. Its a great way to introduce her to pokemon. I'll definitely be getting the National Dex ASAP.

The only thing my 3DS was good for was Kid Icarus and the ambassador games (Fire Emblem and Yoshi's Island mainly).

Agreeing that the pokedex is fairly useless when you can access all of the information far more easily and quickly on (almost) any mobile device. Maybe if the UI was a bit nicer, and if the 3DS supported running apps in the background it would be usable. At least the Dream radar isn't too boring, but it's really just a way to waste time in order to get the legendaries.

I'm SO PUMPED for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate. I'm hoping that the next main-series pokemon game is also 3DS exclusive, so that they could actually use the pretty models in the pokedex.

Acklow

So I finally got my copy. Apparently someone at my local gamestop botched the preorder and it actually did come in the other day... Now to enjoy hours upon hours of gameplay (this game has 24 possible endings iirc)... :D

Since I'm probably not going to cash in my leftover $15 from Dream Radar, what games do you recommend in that price range? I was thinking Cave Story since I heard it was good, but idk much about that.

I think I have like $10 too, but I'm holding on to my (hopefully not misguided) dream that they're eventually going to put GBA virtual console games, even if only the ambassador's program ones, on the e-shop.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
anyone looking for a new 3ds game should check out style savvy: trendsetters (style boutique in europe (girls mode in japan))

[youtube]pPhJPwFPlOo[/youtube]

it starts off a bit slow, you start working at a shop and it teaches you all the basics but then the owner gives you the shop and can stock it with whatever clothing style you want :3 i havent made it too far into the game yet but you will eventually get to do contests (the game demo is based on it) and men's fashion. you can get it through retail or through the eshop

For the people who are playing Zero Escape: VLR, are experiencing any bugs are glitches? The game froze on me once, and people on gamefaqs and gamespot said there's a corrupt save data bug. Though thankfully I've heard Aksys and Nintendo are working for patch for it, but it really sucks since it's almost game breaking.

For the people who are playing Zero Escape: VLR, are experiencing any bugs are glitches? The game froze on me once, and people on gamefaqs and gamespot said there's a corrupt save data bug. Though thankfully I've heard Aksys and Nintendo are working for patch for it, but it really sucks since it's almost game breaking.
i've had the save corruption file bug from saving in a puzzle, my 3ds acts up a lot so i have to turn it off and on sometimes, ended up saving in gaulem bay and got the black screen when i tried to load it up. people are saying that it happens most in the pressure exchange chamber and crew quarters. in fact it is considered unsafe to even save during the novel portion of pec

otherwise ive had some lag here and there.

For those of you with Virtue's Last Reward. how are you liking it? I'm thinking about picking it up, but I've never played 999. It was $9.99 on Amazon the other day but sold out before I got the chance to buy it. :/

i've had the save corruption file bug from saving in a puzzle, my 3ds acts up a lot so i have to turn it off and on sometimes, ended up saving in gaulem bay and got the black screen when i tried to load it up. people are saying that it happens most in the pressure exchange chamber and crew quarters. in fact it is considered unsafe to even save during the novel portion of pec

The freeze happen to me in the crew quarters, but other than that, I haven't I had anymore problems, though I haven't through the pec yet. Though I've only been saving during novel sections so yeah.
For those of you with Virtue's Last Reward. how are you liking it? I'm thinking about picking it up, but I've never played 999. It was $9.99 on Amazon the other day but sold out before I got the chance to buy it. :/
So far, it been fantastic, though I've only gotten 1 good ending, I think 3 bad ending, and I have a couple of To Be Continues right now. The puzzles are really, and they can be difficult, and somethings in the game could be hard for some people to understand. I can already tell the story is very complex and I seriously think you need at least a high school education to understand it, maybe even higher. I will warn you though, most of the time you'll just be reading the story.

I find it very ironic that the price of it was $9.99. lol

Acklow

No problems for me. It worked as clean as a whistle.

Nope, no lag for me either. I suppose I'm really lucky.

Play 999. Don't play VLR without playing 999. I. AM. NOT. KIDDING. YOU. You will not understand many things in VLR if you haven't played 999. I have beaten the game in around 30 hours and if it wasn't for my knowledge of how things run in 999, I probably would've been stuck on many a puzzles/riddles/parts for a loooooong time. (by the way, getting gold files is easy peasy).

The freeze happen to me in the crew quarters, but other than that, I haven't I had anymore problems, though I haven't through the pec yet. Though I've only been saving during novel sections so yeah.

So far, it been fantastic, though I've only gotten 1 good ending, I think 3 bad ending, and I have a couple of To Be Continues right now. The puzzles are really, and they can be difficult, and somethings in the game could be hard for some people to understand. I can already tell the story is very complex and I seriously think you need at least a high school education to understand it, maybe even higher. I will warn you though, most of the time you'll just be reading the story.

I find it very ironic that the price of it was $9.99. lol
Meh, I thought the puzzles were easy. But that's just me. Anyways, I won't spoil it for anyone but here's what I told Lightwolf:

Of the players in ZE:VLR, 2 are from 999.

No problems for me. It worked as clean as a whistle.

Nope, no lag for me either. I suppose I'm really lucky.
I didn't have any big problems either, just a little lag on the second dice game, but other than that it worked perfectly (3DS by the way).

Play 999. Don't play VLR without playing 999. I. AM. NOT. KIDDING. YOU. You will not understand many things in VLR if you haven't played 999. I have beaten the game in around 30 hours and if it wasn't for my knowledge of how things run in 999, I probably would've been stuck on many a puzzles/riddles/parts for a loooooong time. (by the way, getting gold files is easy peasy).
I think I'm going to second this. I didn't play 999 nor did I look at a summary of that game's plot. I feel like I followed the story with no problem, even most of the 999 stuff (Not the best with cameo mentions). I've seen many people saying that things will go over your head in relation to 999, but they do give enough information throughout the game to have no trouble with understanding, just the emotional impact isn't nearly as strong.

Also it spoils 999 to death, so yeah... I still very much plan on getting 999, but I had VLR (red LED watch) and wasn't getting 999 in the foreseeable future, so I went ahead and played it. It was still a fantastic game. I clocked in ~30 hours for everything I think...

I didn't have trouble with most of the puzzles. I think one or two gold files took a bit (though a majority of them seem easier than the regular answer), and maybe two puzzles that I struggled with.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Paper Mario: Sticker Star is live on the e-shop! DLing it now because I'm cozy in bed and don't want to drive to the store. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)