Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
What happens if one disables a move in a combination? Does the combination fail, or does the opponent just use the other move?
Also, if one creates an arena, what are you not allowed to do?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I am a new ref and I have finished reffing my first match that has ended in DQ. My question is how to reward the players. This is the match in question:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3475887
Referee Resource Thread OP—The place NO ONE ever looks said:
Compensation for battles that end in Disqualification:

A referee shall be compensated for a match ending is disqualification based on the cumulative number of Pokemon knocked out in battle. Below is a chart:

0-1 Pokemon knocked out: 1 UC
2-3 Pokemon knocked out: 2 UC
4-5 Pokemon knocked out: 4 UC
6-7 Pokemon knocked out: 7 UC
8-9 Pokemon knocked out: 9 UC
10-11 Pokemon knocked out: 12 UC
You get 1 UC from that link.

I have some questions:
Am I allowed to battle with Pokemon that are already in another battle?
If a Pokemon with Iron Fist uses two punching moves in a combo (e.g. Shadow Punch+Drain Punch), is the BAP increase 2 or 4?
If an Electric type is hit by a Thunder Wave (without Lightningrod or Motor Drive), is the chance to paralyze 100% or 50%.
Can I change the nickname, nature, and Hidden Power type of my Pokemon at any time?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I have some questions:
Am I allowed to battle with Pokemon that are already in another battle?
Yes, unless one of your Pokémon is in an "exclusive RP" like TLR.
If a Pokemon with Iron Fist uses two punching moves in a combo (e.g. Shadow Punch+Drain Punch), is the BAP increase 2 or 4?
+2 BAP only.
If an Electric type is hit by a Thunder Wave (without Lightningrod or Motor Drive), is the chance to paralyze 100% or 50%.
50%.
Can I change the nickname, nature, and Hidden Power type of my Pokemon at any time?
Nickname, yes, but Natures & Hidden Powers require you to claim in the PCT that you are changing the Nature/Hidden Power for a certain Pokémon. This costs 7 CC, & you must show the show the stats for that Pokémon post Nature/HP-Type change.

If protect is used to block multiple moves (i.e. in doubles) is the energy cost calculated as: 7+[(A1+A2)/2.5] where A1 & A2 stand for the damage of the first and second attack?

Nickname, yes, but Natures & Hidden Powers require you to claim in the PCT that you are changing the Nature/Hidden Power for a certain Pokémon. This costs 7 CC, & you must show the show the stats for that Pokémon post Nature/HP-Type change.
Slight correction here: You don't need to post the stats of the pokemon after a Hidden Power change. However, it still costs 7 CC and you still have to say what you're changing it to, both the type and the power. With nature changes, you do have to say what the stats are after the change.

Also yeah, Protect and Detect's energy costs (sans STAB) are 7 + (total damage blocked / 2.5).

I have three questions;
  1. How are drops to accuracy calculated?
  2. How exactly do you roll for hitting a target with double team clones?
  3. How does an accuracy drop behave when the target has double team clones?

Also thank you to the repliers who answered my previous questions! :)

1. I believe the same as in-game, not quite sure though
2. Roll for hit, then roll for which target it hits
3. Again, roll to see if it hits anything, then roll to see what it hits.

The pokemon uses the other move.
I dont think there are many limitations to arena-making, but i know you cant make it give items or extra counters.

1. I am now approved, but shouldn't my starter, Unown, have the move Psychic (anime move)?
2. What is Gen.1/2 NYPC?
3. Shouldn't this thread be sticky?

1. Unfortunately Anime moves must be bought with MC after you complete a fight or two, so once it has seen battle you can purchase psychic for it.
2. They are a set of promotional moves that were on pokemon that were given away by gamefreak back in the first and second generations. They couldn't be learned in game normally, but if you got one of those Promo-mons, they could learn the move, thus allowing them to be learned by our mons here for 3 MC each.
3. Well this thread is part of a new subforum that doesn't really have many threads in it so it has no real threat of getting pushed back into the next page.

In prize claims, would a pokemon that has full EC and DC at the time of the prize claim, but not full at the start of the battle, be eligible for the extra MC? I've actually seen it done both ways...

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
If you win a match without using a Pokemon can you retroactively attach a training item to it, or only claim the basic counters?
Basic Counters only, since Training Items only work when the Pokémon is sent out. It may have been on the bench, but it technically did not "participate".

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Just a simple question: If a Flash Fire Pokemon uses Will-o-wisp and it gets Magic Coated, does Flash Fire activate?
Yes it will, since Will-O-Wisp, after all, is a Fire-Type move. Flash Fire triggers if the Pokémon is hit with a Fire-Type move, whether it be its own attack reflected by Magic Coat, or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)