Shirley's Atelier

Thanks - gijinkas are a bit of a strange niche.

Aggron... Haxorus. Let's see. I could try an Aggron, mainly because Hax looks really plain - not much for me to work with.

Both share the same body type - for convenience let's just say they both have the "Dinosaur" body type. Challenging to convert... but I'll see what I can do.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
secretly want to request a ginjika of one of my 3 lolifakemons but it's okay if you don't want to do it ;;

My painting speed, due to the studio I emulate and the finishing i want to achieve, is really slow!

However I can brownline a rough frame very quickly.

What is a lolifaekmonz yilx ;w;

Lemme have a look at them, and I'll see what I can do. I'm at home on medical leave so I can spend some time doing random drawings :D

Yilx

Sad
My painting speed, due to the studio I emulate and the finishing i want to achieve, is really slow!

However I can brownline a rough frame very quickly.

What is a lolifaekmonz yilx ;w;

Lemme have a look at them, and I'll see what I can do. I'm at home on medical leave so I can spend some time doing random drawings :D
lol you dont have to do it its alright they're these ones though...

also i REALLY like that reuniclus ginjika lol

Thanks! I tend to throw in silly elements from here and there. Reuniclus' large arm things were really just asking for it, the whole thing just came together on its own.

I added the swimsuit to mess with her really. Was fun doing that.

That being said, how does one Gijinkarize that which is already humanoid?

I could try my hand at Voltinne - I can see the design already. With the other two girls it's just me turning them into hyoomanz - although I could easily turn Amorpha into a futuristic space-hippie. PLANTS.

Carmilith is essentially human already, though, I'd just give her flaming pants and she'd become a stereotypical Monk-type character, so it'd be a tossup between squidgirl Voltinne-musume and Amorpha, colony ship ecosystem administrator.

Let me think about it as this fever roasts my brain. I'm sure I'll get something in my mind's eye in the mornin'.

Yilx

Sad
Thanks! I tend to throw in silly elements from here and there. Reuniclus' large arm things were really just asking for it, the whole thing just came together on its own.

I added the swimsuit to mess with her really. Was fun doing that.

That being said, how does one Gijinkarize that which is already humanoid?

I could try my hand at Voltinne - I can see the design already. With the other two girls it's just me turning them into hyoomanz - although I could easily turn Amorpha into a futuristic space-hippie. PLANTS.

Carmilith is essentially human already, though, I'd just give her flaming pants and she'd become a stereotypical Monk-type character, so it'd be a tossup between squidgirl Voltinne-musume and Amorpha, colony ship ecosystem administrator.

Let me think about it as this fever roasts my brain. I'm sure I'll get something in my mind's eye in the mornin'.
Oh my god I hope you get better soon. I thought it'd be the same as making a ginjika out of Gardevoir or something that's already humanoid, sorry :justin:

Yilx > After a night's of sleep I'm... a little better. The problem with fever is that it attacks the joints - a you know it's very hard to grip ANYTHING when your joints are frozen, but it's not as bad now so I should be fine.

The thing about gardevoir and friends is that they are "humanoid" in shape, but they're not very human just yet. The whole concept of gijinka, or at least the japanese angle of viewing it, is to basically take something (anything from a candy bar to a bus card) and make them human.

The common way of doing it is to turn their wrapper or basic colours/ basic "logo" (for things like bus cards) into a dress. Gardevoir sees a LOT of gijinka because she has an almost human-like face, and a general shape (stickman-esq), but not well-defined limbs, and no hands.

It'd be difficult to, say, gijinka a Machamp or even a machoke because they'd just become a muscular person. Once a pokemon crosses a certain design line threshold, the gijinka version of it really just involves turning it into a human "cosplay" version, which is why I find working with the more non-human ones more interesting - it gives me space to actually take random bits of the design and splice it with a human one.

With that being said I think I'll try my hand at Amorpha.

Andrew > I am okay with Aggron, if you read what I said above I prefer the more "Challenging" ones. Certain pokemon, like MUK for example, would be REALLY hard for me to do, but I can still put a nice twist around it (I have one in mind already).

I'll try and see if I come up with anything nice for Aggron, if not I can always do Aerodactyl. I actually like Aerodactyl quite a lot. If I had one I'd ride it to work every day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)