RoA Speed CCAT - [DONE]

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Step 4: Teammates, Moltres, and Gengar refining

Pocket 5
Remedy 1
There wasn't a lot of votes :( but, moving on~ Here's what we have so far:

Moltres @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
- Sunny Day
- Morning Sun

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 188 HP / 160 Atk / 160 SpA
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fire
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion

Gengar @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Explosion
- Hypnosis / Will-O-Wisp / Hidden Power [Water] / Focus Punch

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly or Adamant
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Aerial Ace

Playstyle: Offense

Gonna keep chugging along~~~ Submit either 1 or 2 Pokemon~ Also feel free to re-submit an edited version of Moltres, as long as it's only minor edit(s)! We're revisting Moltres for this step as well :) Also, I see that Gengar's fourth move consist of slashes; do nominate the fourth move for Gengar as well if you can decide what fits with the teammates you're submitting. If not, we can do that in the next step. This step lasts ~48 hours. Thanks! :)

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ahm, well, let's try again.

First, I think we should just take Sir's EVs on Dugtrio.
For Gengar we must change those EVs, first because Gengar does not need to run max speed, especially for the role Pocket gave him. I don't have my 3rd gen calculator available right now, so I may propose a different later, but I bet some people will have a better spread already. Iirc, you need around two hundreds EVs in Atk to not miss crucial KOs.

I'm gonna be lazy, and nominate this :

Celebi @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
240 HP / 224 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Giga Drain / HP Grass
It has a great defensive synergy with everything here, moreover CMPass Celebi gives a lot of tempo to offensive teams. It works wonder with trappers, and can give to Gengar the boost he needs to sweep since he will be investing in Atk. Thus, Gengar will attract Blissey perfectly, and force the Special Sponge to come out.
You boost along with Bulky Water, blabla... Works great with Moltres and can pass boosts etc...

I believe Hypnosis could be the best last move on Gengar, and it would be also cool to fit WillOWisp somewhere on Moltres.

Moltres @ Leftovers
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sunny Day
- Morning Sun

In Triangles' words, it beats non-Rest Lax, cripples Tyranitar and Aero and still useful against Mence.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fire
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion

Gengar @ Leftovers
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Explosion
- Hypnosis

Clearly the best option, and pairs well with Dugtrio. I don't know if the EV spread can be improved.

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly or Adamant
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Aerial Ace

Standard EV spread, it isn't?
Ok, here is my suggestion:

Heracross @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide
- Sleep Talk / Focus Punch

At this point this team needs something that threatens CurseLax and Bulky Waters without losing offensive power. Otherwise this team depends on Explosion to kill these Pokemon, and that's pretty risky. Heracross does it with ease and Moltres helps a lot because he can burn things such as Salamence or Gyarados. Plus, when the sun is up he is not afraid of things like offensive Cune, thanks to his pseudo-resistance.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Step 4: Teammates, Moltres, and Gengar refining Voting

D: Let's move on then :c

Ahm, well, let's try again.

First, I think we should just take Sir's EVs on Dugtrio.
For Gengar we must change those EVs, first because Gengar does not need to run max speed, especially for the role Pocket gave him. I don't have my 3rd gen calculator available right now, so I may propose a different later, but I bet some people will have a better spread already. Iirc, you need around two hundreds EVs in Atk to not miss crucial KOs.

I'm gonna be lazy, and nominate this :

It has a great defensive synergy with everything here, moreover CMPass Celebi gives a lot of tempo to offensive teams. It works wonder with trappers, and can give to Gengar the boost he needs to sweep since he will be investing in Atk. Thus, Gengar will attract Blissey perfectly, and force the Special Sponge to come out.
You boost along with Bulky Water, blabla... Works great with Moltres and can pass boosts etc...

I believe Hypnosis could be the best last move on Gengar, and it would be also cool to fit WillOWisp somewhere on Moltres.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
240 HP / 224 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Giga Drain / HP Grass

Heracross @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide
- Sleep Talk / Focus Punch

At this point this team needs something that threatens CurseLax and Bulky Waters without losing offensive power. Otherwise this team depends on Explosion to kill these Pokemon, and that's pretty risky. Heracross does it with ease and Moltres helps a lot because he can burn things such as Salamence or Gyarados. Plus, when the sun is up he is not afraid of things like offensive Cune, thanks to his pseudo-resistance.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 128 Def / 140 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind

I agree that Calm Mind Baton Pass Celebi should be on this team. However, I don't like the set that Reymedy suggests. We have Dugtrio to to trap Tyranitar so Psychic is without a doubt the better option if we're going for a Recover Baton Pass Celebi.

I feel this Celebi works for our team since it doesn't make us Spikes weak. If we're not Spikes weak, then we don't have to waste a teamslot on something like a Rapid Spinner. Enough Speed to outspeed Heracross and the rest in HP and Defense. Passing Calm Minds to Mixed Metagross, Gengar, and Moltres, are obviously all good. Getting a free switch to Dug is good too.

Both have made the same changes to Gengar and Moltres :o Dugtrio will have Sir's EV spread. Gengar's fourth move will therefore be Hypnosis. However, I'm going to let Toxic and Hidden Power Grass slide in as submissions as well. For the teammate vote:
Remedy
Ryanor
For Moltres's move:
Will-O-Wisp
Toxic
Hidden Power Grass

Voting will last ~24 hours. Let us complete this guys! :)

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Remedy EDIT: assuming we can use Psychic > Grass move. Mostly because I feel like, without another decent answer to opposing Gengar, this team can struggle. I'm a bit more worried about that than letting Skarm/Forr in to Spike, hence why I'm sticking with this over Sir's.

Will-O-Wisp for Moltres's move.

I agree that Calm Mind Baton Pass Celebi should be on this team. However, I don't like the set that Reymedy suggests. We have Dugtrio to to trap Tyranitar so Psychic is without a doubt the better option if we're going for a Recover Baton Pass Celebi.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind

I feel this Celebi works for our team since it doesn't make us Spikes weak. If we're not Spikes weak, then we don't have to waste a teamslot on something like a Rapid Spinner. Enough Speed to outspeed Heracross and the rest in HP and Defense. Passing Calm Minds to Mixed Metagross, Gengar, and Moltres, are obviously all good. Getting a free switch to Dug is good too.

sandshrewz

POTATO
Added in Sir's submission since it wasn't too late. Jorgen / Hyperbeem feel free to change your votes if you want to~

Lavos

Banned deucer.
that's what i said. or remove sunny day and put it somewhere else which frees up 2 attacks + status + recovery for moltres n_n

sandshrewz

POTATO
Step 5: Final Teammate

Sir and Will-O-Wisp!! Here's what we have again!

Moltres @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
- Sunny Day
- Morning Sun
>Will-O-Wisp somewhere

Metagross @ Leftovers
Brave Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fire
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion

Gengar @ Leftovers
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Explosion
- Hypnosis

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
EVs: 8 HP / 208 Atk / 40 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly or Adamant
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Aerial Ace

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind

Nominate the 6th and final teammate! We'll vote the move to change on Moltres along with the final teammate. This step lasts ~48 hours! Don't forget we can refine a bit after the 6th teammate if need be :) We're finishing!!

Looking at our team so far we're weak to Dragon Dance Mence(can set up on celebi and dugtrio), Gengar(we have nothing to take status or its attacks), and having another Dragon Dance Tyranitar answer is necessary. I don't have a suggestion yet but I'm sure we can think of something

reserving defensive p2

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SAtk
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

This seems to be the best fit for our team. Beats Mence, paralyzes tyranitar, and is a okay check to gengar, especially in tandem with Lum Berry METAGROS OOPS.

I also think that Will-O-Wisp > Morning Sun.

sandshrewz

POTATO
ahhhhh. I need at least one more submission or a general consensus on Sir's post. Also feel free to discuss the lead Pokemon and whether a minor change is needed for it! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)