Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I haven't seen anything indicating that those rumours are 100% true yet.

Anyway, if Fairy is a genuine new type, well if it is SE against Dragon then won't that make Ice types pretty much useless?

I mean, the fact that Ice is currently the only type SE against Dragon (other than Dragon itself) kind of makes up for the fact that it has loads of weaknesses and generally poor defences; its cons are balanced out by pros. If the rumours about Fairy are all true, then we have a type with those same pros but without any of those major cons, which essentially makes Ice a completely pointless type.

A new type could have finally fully balanced out the type chart, but IF these rumours are true then it will just create more imbalance, which will annoy me -.-

Or, maybe I'm wrong and I'm missing something; if so, point out what please. :)
Normal Type is also inferior to Dragon in almost every aspect - and you still use them.

Dragon itself is not particualry strong (only SE vs. one type), its just that most Dragon Pokémons are BST 600 while there is no Ice Pokémon of 600 (except for regiice IIRC) which makes them pretty sucky in the long run.

I think nerfing an IMBA type is better than creating a new under balanced Type.

Just my two coins.

Normal Type is also inferior to Dragon in almost every aspect - and you still use them.

Dragon itself is not particualry strong (only SE vs. one type), its just that most Dragon Pokémons are BST 600 while there is no Ice Pokémon of 600 (except for regiice IIRC) which makes them pretty sucky in the long run.

I think not so, at least on the competitive metagame since many Dragon-types are 4x weak to Ice, and Ice would thus hit them harder than Fairy. So unless Fairy hits another common type for super-effective damage (such as Water, Steel or Fighting) or hits another type that Ice-type hits for super-effective damage, Fairy will not outclass Ice as a coverage type.
Those are both good points about the Ice type (although I actually DON'T use Normal types, so...).

Also, something I didn't think of earlier, is that Fairy's use would also depend on how widely distributed it was, and whether many Fairy types are competitively viable or not.

I guess I'm just worrying too much about a new type (IF it happens) turning the whole type chart into a biased, lopsided mess.

Dragon also has the benefit of resisting multiple types in fire grass water electric while only being hit super effectively by 2. It was a great defensive type and given the rarity of its first weakness dragon vs dragon was the best real option, thus making it a central type

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Also, if there is indeed a new type, whether it be Fairy or something else, what would happen with Hidden Power? Are the combinations of the type of the Hidden Power going to be changed, or is it perhaps impossible to get Hidden Power [New type]? It would suck if your RNG'ed Hidden Power [Ice] Raikou from Gen V gets a suckish Hidden Power in Gen VI....

Been a while so im gonna post my 2 cents
It is possible that ice might get buffs-gf "fixed" the poison-bug issue in gen2. So ice could get some resistances this gen, but im not holding my breath.
The kalos map looks NOTHING like past gen maps. I rather like this cartoonish map with nearly invisible routes. U look at the map & it feels like u can explore every part of the region.
Also if p. charge hits all mons on the field imagine it in triple battle wth 5 liquid ooze tentacruels. :D

^Standard sets change every gen.
Of course they do. But still, a lot of pokemon have used Hidden Power [Ice/Fighting/Grass] for more than one generation, and changing the way HP is calculated can create some problems for these 'mons. RNGing in Gen VI is rather unlikely as of now, so it can create some problems for wifi teams or whatever.

Also, if there is indeed a new type, whether it be Fairy or something else, what would happen with Hidden Power? Are the combinations of the type of the Hidden Power going to be changed, or is it perhaps impossible to get Hidden Power [New type]? It would suck if your RNG'ed Hidden Power [Ice] Raikou from Gen V gets a suckish Hidden Power in Gen VI....
They could always replace IVs with something else to make HP for all types possible.

Also if p. charge hits all mons on the field imagine it in triple battle wth 5 liquid ooze tentacruels. :D
LOL :D

Of course they do. But still, a lot of pokemon have used Hidden Power [Ice/Fighting/Grass] for more than one generation, and changing the way HP is calculated can create some problems for these 'mons. RNGing in Gen VI is rather unlikely as of now, so it can create some problems for wifi teams or whatever.
Then RNG them to have the new required IVs in a Gen where RNGing is easier and then bring them forward? I can hardly imagine that this is the first time a people have had to redo their Legendary's sets.

I'd hope that was confirmed when we saw the protagonist skating in the original trailer
You never know, they could have only used that as a placeholder for travelling in doubletime back in January, only to later decide to implement bikes again. I'm glad that this is not the case, since I personally grew up as a rollerblader :D

The supposed new news from Pokébeach

Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro's type is Fighting/Dark.

A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up. Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic.

A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr evolves into Meowstick. (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)

Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.

Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can't ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.

HMs still exist but there's a lot less of them.

Players will be able to see their Pokemon's EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).

A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.

Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.

If the first forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo's original design, the second form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew's design.

In case you missed the correction from the other day, the Starters' final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

The evolving methods are very weird and sound a bit fake imo, so don't think of this leak as completely legit yet.
Also, a rival giving away his/her fully evolved starter? wth

The supposed new news from Pokébeach

Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro's type is Fighting/Dark.

A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up. Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic.

A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr evolves into Meowstick. (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)

Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.

Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can't ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.

HMs still exist but there's a lot less of them.

Players will be able to see their Pokemon's EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).

A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.

Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.

If the first forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo's original design, the second form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew's design.

In case you missed the correction from the other day, the Starters' final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
ELL. OH. ELL. at all of these. especially

"A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up. Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic."

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well... at least, it's interesting...

And it will be proven/disproven easily enough. In the meantime, it provides plenty of good speculation.

Okay having some correct information like the names aside, the source has to be trolling us

ELL. OH. ELL. at all of these. especially

"A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up. Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic."
Yeah this does sound a bit unorthodox, but I can see it being possible. No doubt GF would somehow want to incorporate the 3DS' technology as a means to add more interesting tidbits to the game.

At least he told us to take it with a grain of salt. Not like I'd have believed him anyways, with stuff like holding the 3DS upside down, or "Meowstick".

* This just in *

New pokemon named beardog which has 2 evolutions, one is a normal type through regular leveling up The second evolution is Fire type, it involves setting your 3ds on fire.

wow just read the whole thing.
how the hell.....what the fuck................wh-wh-wh-..........what?!
few things that seem fishy about this whole thing.
1) evolution while holding you 3DS upside down? whaaaaa-?
2) your rival giving you their starter? hmmmm seems maybe plausible, but there better be some good reason behind that, otherwise, that's just dumb
3) Meowstick? LOL WHAT?! that's as bad as Meowth XD

I mean the evolution method is possible, I guess, if they REALLY want to use the 3ds' gyro sensor

but it's just so goofy and I can't think as to why that would cause it to evolve

I mean the evolution method is possible, I guess, if they REALLY want to use the 3ds' gyro sensor

but it's just so goofy and I can't think as to why that would cause it to evolve
Maybe they'll retcon hitmontop so it evolves the same way. You know, if the "leak" is real. Which it probably isn't.

Okay having some correct information like the names aside, the source has to be trolling us
I wouldn't be so sure. Near the end of the Pokemon Direct back in January, Iwata said, "The Pokemon series has always offered new styles of gameplay to coincide with the new Nintendo handheld hardware. Features enabled by the Nintendo 3DS will be incorporated in the game..." I guess he was being more literal than one would expect. The 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope built-in like an iPhone, so it actually can tell when it's being held upside down or sideways.

I kinda like these evolution ideas, actually. If this is true, I would expect Malimar to be a flipped or upside-down version of Inkay (with other changes in its design of course). And it looks like Pancham would evolve when it has a teammate that's a bad influence on it.

I wouldn't be so sure. Near the end of the Pokemon Direct back in January, Iwata said, "The Pokemon series has always offered new styles of gameplay to coincide with the new Nintendo handheld hardware. Features enabled by the Nintendo 3DS will be incorporated in the game..." I guess he was being more literal than one would expect. The 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope built-in like an iPhone, so it actually can tell when it's being held upside down or sideways.

I kinda like these evolution ideas, actually. If this is true, I would expect Malimar to be a flipped or upside-down version of Inkay (with other changes in its design of course). And it looks like Pancham would evolve when it has a teammate that's a bad influence on it.
I dunno. Given that this is, y'know, pokemon, he was probably talking about the social features, like streetpass.

I don't think France is a good place for a Pokemon game. It doesnt have the more common taste that other countries have. Maybe Germany would have been a better country to have this game in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)