Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry if this has already been suggested but here it goes

can we have an auto spam infraction system
so when a user sends 3 posts in x amount of seconds the server either gives them a short ban , mute them or kicks them to the rules page

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just noting that the above existed on PO main and still exists in a certain form today. The feature doesn't really do much and is only a pain in the ass for everyone.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
can we have an auto spam infraction system
so when a user sends 3 posts in x amount of seconds the server either gives them a short ban , mute them or kicks them to the rules page
you do realize that some of us type pretty fast, and post in multiple lines..

it's just flat out annoying.

I even find the unique character thing annoying.

I've brought this up on IRC and a lot of people agreed that it would be nice if there was a command to reset an alt.

have you been suggested to make user being able to create another lobby for their own group? (just like channel in PO?)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
It would be nice if people didn't make alts and all and just played the damn game but maybe that's just me. Let's face it, 99% of the time you people are just trying to game the ladder instead of "test new ideas without ruining rating" (which is still gaming the ladder in some sense) or hide from friends or whatever other less nefarious purposes.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
have you been suggested to make user being able to create another lobby for their own group? (just like channel in PO?)
Channels have been suggested many times for over a year now I'm sure. They're coming eventually. Not sure about regular users having the ability to create their own channels, that'll be decided after channels are implemented I'm sure.

Banning someone should hide any links they've posted from the chat. (There's been a spate of shock site spam recently; that's Twitch's solution and it works quite well.)

Also, the server should just ignore comments (including ! triggers) if they're identical to the previous comment by the same user or have been spoken in the last few lines. This would both avoid accidental spam when many voices try to do !rules or the like simultaneously, and make life a bit harder for spammers.

I would like to see an option in the teambuilder and battles where you can look up a pokemon, then go to their respective Smogon article. It's really annoying have to open new tabs every minute of my life so I can see sets. Thanks!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I would like to see an option in the teambuilder and battles where you can look up a pokemon, then go to their respective Smogon article. It's really annoying have to open new tabs every minute of my life so I can see sets. Thanks!
Use the command /analysis _______, where _______ is the Pokemon/item/move/ability you want to look up. /smogdex works as well.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Banning someone should hide any links they've posted from the chat. (There's been a spate of shock site spam recently; that's Twitch's solution and it works quite well.)
While it's not particularly relevant to your purpose here, Twitch simply deletes all chat messages from a given user if they are banned. It doesn't merely remove weblinks they may have posted. Just to clarify.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Although the new Showdown brought about several MAJOR improvements to the simulator, I still think Teambuilder can easily be enhanced.

Right now it simply lists teams, and this can be cumbersome for people who have numerous teams in various tiers. It would enhance the navigation of the system and be much less of an eyesore, if Teambuilder can group teams based on Format that the teams were designed to play.

Ideally, Teambuilder would allow players to make their own custom groups / folders, and let them group their teams as necessary, but I think grouping teams based on format is the easiest and most practical.

Also, is it possible to assign more than one format for each team? It's annoying that I must re-assign my Ubers team to Ubers Suspect when I want to select these teams during a suspect test and vice versa. It would be more conveneint if I can select an Ubers team to be selected for both Ubers and Ubers Suspect. If my original team has an element that is banned from the suspect meta, then the ladder would simply inform me this.

Ubers Ladder

The Ubers ladder is referred to as garbage and trash, and oftentimes rightfully so. The Ubers tier is especially notorious for awful players with low skill levels and horrendous teams often consisting of their favorite low-tier Pokemon (I'm looking at you Eeveelutions, and too, Charizard) mixed in with maybe Mewtwo or some other legendary. Ubers is one of the more popular tiers for new players, considering the influx of new players due to the accessibility of Pokemon Showdown, as the prospect of using powerful legendaries is rather enticing, and so the quality of the Ubers ladder suffers heavily as a result. Hopefully, I don't come across as arrogant or rude, and to be honest, I'm a fairly mediocre player, but these are just some things I've noticed.

I'm suggesting that perhaps we could have two Ubers ladders (and this would probably apply just to Ubers, as other tiers don't suffer from as many noobs), one for everybody, and another for players with ACRE/GXE/Glicko2 ratings higher than a certain threshold value. I don't know if this would be possible to implement or how difficult it would be to do so, but it's just a suggestion. This way, usage statistics, ladder rankings, suspect tests, etc. would all be more reliable and / or accurate. Players could more accurately estimate skill levels on the ladder, and better quality matches on the ladder promotes higher skill levels and better players.

Would this be possible?

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
On firefox (not sure about other browsers) when viewing another tab, it used to turn the ps tab yellow or similar when a battle was found. This was a great feature when you are trying to find a match on a less played ladder and I'm not sure why it is no longer in this version.

Also, the server should just ignore comments (including ! triggers) if they're identical to the previous comment by the same user or have been spoken in the last few lines. This would both avoid accidental spam when many voices try to do !rules or the like simultaneously, and make life a bit harder for spammers.
A cooldown command similar to what you recommended in the second half of your post has been suggested in the past and may very well be implemented in the near future.

As for the banning suggestion, I think that's a cool idea as well. I just don't know how easy it would be to program. At any rate, thank you for the suggestions!

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
I don't know if it has been brought up (it probably has) but i'd really, really love to have a team builder for each gen. It might be complicated honestly i don't know but its kind of annoying to check out which moves are legal and all that stuff when teambuilding for example a gen 1 team.
Just a suggestion.

Watching games between the best players is always fun. Unfortunately, when you go to the 'Watch Battles' button, even with the tier sorting, it only gives a list of battles, I think in order of when they started. I would love an option that ranked the games by a metric like avg(rating a, rating b) or by max(rating a, rating b), or if the players' ratings and/or rankings were displayed next to their names on the battles. This would allow you to more easily watch higher quality battles and learn from good players.

This is a bit of a minor complaint, but the watched battles pull down list for tiers is way to touchy. It seems to be on some sort of timer that has it automatically close after like one second making it impossible to choose any tier options at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)