Complain about your stupid and probably insignificant problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
considering leaving tumblr because that entire site thinks that white men are the devil and are going to oppress everyone

have these people even stepped outside

While that person you are following is obviously wrong, there are in fact a large amount of active raciest in the world. Just only a few generations ago racist was rampant in the first world, and those people are still around, heck my grandparents are significantly racist. Not only that, but there are political movements in the Unites States to disenfranchise minority groups by making it harder for them to vote by any means or to even make their votes count less.

So yeah, not all white people want to oppress everyone, but there are still certainly those who do.

good point. totally didn't put it in perspective. pot called the kettle black orz

it's sad, though, that the paranoia of oppression still exists in this nation, and so profoundly. but such is life

School must die. That is all I can say. I'm so close to freedom! So close!

Oh, I'm also upset with smeargle's studio a bit.... Basically, I put a lot of effort into my drawings, and I'll barely get feedback from somebody, then, I turn around and see a guy who's doing microsoft paint stuff for the lols, and his friends are all ranting about how amazing it is and such. And it just makes me depressed because I want feedback, and a lot of other threads get tons of feedback, but I feel as if mine almost never does, which hurts.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hate the new title of this thread.

EDIT: Thank you Box. You've captured most of RMT's complaints in your little post.

There's a better place for you called Afghanistan
Afghanistan has the same pyramid scheme, the chain of command is a bit shorter (basically it's pay the nearest warlord instead of the obfuscated money funnel to the top .01% of people or thereabouts we have in the 'civilised' world) and a bit less friendly, but it's the same general principle.

i'm a white man and i honestly don't trust white men

you have to make the distinction between general personality archetypes and "hey i haven't been fucked in the ass yet; ergo these complaints are bullshit"

i wouldn't argue that basically white guys are ambitious and insensitive. and my attitude as one is basically: society gives me all the good stuff. i can do whatever i want. my identity is never an issue. why should i complain? and if i were a minority: what's wrong with being paranoid? do white people seriously have the right to be loved by everyone; to ask for trust from everyone?

idk devaluing the opinions of teenagers especially those who feel they are being treated unfairly and not listened to in the course of their real life seems to just compound the problem. i'd be the first to admit that there is some overdramatization but the core of the movement, not the fringes, focuses (hopefully) on acceptance. i do believe in human dignity but i possess the kind of masochistic sensibility that makes me shrug if other people don't necessarily think i deserve it because i'm biologically an asshole -- i don't begrudge people who have been hurt their ways of dealing with people who they think might hurt them. remember, you can walk away from any single encounter with your sense of self-worth, with your opportunities. others dont have that luxury

( i realize this argument is made to a straw white person )

phantom

Banned deucer.
There's a lot of nice people here, but there are some that are just plain cunts. I'm getting sick of a lot of the bullshit that's coming my way. As callous as I can be, I try my best to be polite and considerate, I expect the same.

Afghanistan has the same pyramid scheme, the chain of command is a bit shorter (basically it's pay the nearest warlord instead of the obfuscated money funnel to the top .01% of people or thereabouts we have in the 'civilised' world) and a bit less friendly, but it's the same general principle.
no, the boss gets everything

there's not really much you can do about racism but being all "i can't trust white people" will only make it worse imo. a person's race has no impact on their credibility or disposition or worth as a person whatsoever so you probably shouldn't just trust everyone you happen to meet but if they prove their salt as a good person then they're a good person no matter how much you they need to "check their privilege" or whatever for having the "misfortune" of white parents. that's seriously what racial comments are about. who your parents are. what the fuck.

yes there are racist assholes that are white. there are those that are black, too. and asian. and probably others, too. who cares? these people are idiotic cancers on the face of the earth but you can't just use an extremist as an example for the norm of everyone else. don't put up with their bullshit and don't let them bully people whenever you can avoid it, certainly, but these dumbfucks probably won't change their minds, and may or may not enjoy making a scene. don't put up with their shit, but there's no point in making a huge uproar either.

idk. my two cents. my mum's racist, though not violently, so i'm used to this crap. a lot of people like this are the old people of the baby boomers and beyond that're dying anyway.

tl;dr I'm starting to dislike people who proclaim their depression online and act self-entitled to gain sympathy or possibly attention (And yes, even though I'm not actually referring to people on Showdown who think going there is a good way to make good friends daily, it also applies).
Well, that's life. Looks like you just needed somewhere to vent. AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOU FOUND IT! ;)

jajaja

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, that's life. Looks like you just needed somewhere to vent. AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOU FOUND IT! ;)

jajaja
Hahaha

Anyhow, just witnessed another share of online drama just a few minutes ago.

I'm 18. You're 22. And I find your situation regarding your sensitivity towards online relationships utterly ridiculous. You should't have to react to "heartbreaking truths" that involve people faraway. When I'm alone, I don't mind, but damn, do people really take it this bad?

On an unrelated note, I can't see Box's link so I have no idea how hilarious the situation is :(

The Pokemon Showdown! main chat is full of idiots, with the exception of the moderators and people I know fairly well. Why is the chat this way? I have no idea. We clearly need more people who actually know what they're doing instead of idiots.
because teenagers

They don't care that much about my anxiety, but some kid's learning problems bevause of absymal parenting.
There's so much wrong with this... I mean sure, there's a case to be made about being suspicious of the pharmaceutical companies' involvement with matters of mental health. At the end of the day, though, these are real people who are suffering and would otherwise be just as much contributors to society as any of us could be.

because teenagers

There's so much wrong with this... I mean sure, there's a case to be made about being suspicious of the pharmaceutical companies' involvement with matters of mental health. At the end of the day, though, these are real people who are suffering and would otherwise be just as much contributors to society as any of us could be.
Well, his WHOLE family is in special ed. I can see he can be good, but I kind of worry for him even though he's barely close to me. It just seems like parenting, as I see his parents unattentive to him. I don't feel the true people who need help are not help as much as needed, as some people just don't need special ed. If someone has true special needs, such as down syndrome, I can mostly justify that over a person who has no problems and doesn't really think for his future.

nurrrr

this girl who i am friends with is really aggressive (she's not legitimately a bitch, she just can be really snide and cynical and puts me down for the stupider shit i do) but also quite intelligent and one of the few people in the grade i can have an honest conversation with. talking to her is basically jekyll and hyde. or, it's how much marrow can you extract from the poisonous jellyfish before it stings you.

anyway she always gives me shit whenever i try to get help from her or anyone in regards to schoolwork and tells me to stfu and figure it out on my own --i usually just ignore her because i hate confrontations -- and the annoying part is she sometimes asks me for help

a few days ago i asked her for some solution to a physics lab that her class had sworn her to secrecy about (but come on, who gives a shit, my own classmate eventually explained it to me in like 5 seconds) and she said something like "why don't you use your head and try to actually figure it out for yourself?" /w disdain. later in the day she asked me for an answer to a separate problem in the set and i called her a hypocrite and said i wouldn't help her if she wouldn't help me and i was done letting her walk all over me. i was really pissed, all the anger of the past year or so..

anyway she hasn't spoken to me in fucking days now (which is ridiculous, because i stomach her bullshit all the time) and i've lost a friend/one of the few people i find tolerable (when she's in a good mood)

i'm aware that the answer should be "you shouldn't be friends with toxic people, even if they're not that way all the time; quit the friendship and find someone who treats you better" blah blah blah but i don't have that option and it's annoying losing someone to talk to especially in classes filled with boors

confront her and i come off like an angry dickhead, do nothing and i'm a doormat (and yes you basically have to yell to get across to her because she's rude)

fuck teenagers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)