Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone noticed this kinda pattern w/ Nintendo? Generation 1,3, and 5 introduce new pokemon while 2,4, and 6 introduce newly evolved lines to old pokemon. Gen 3 did bring Azurill and Wynaut, but they're pre-evolved and they might've been meant for gen 2, but were late on the deadlines. Anyone agree?
a lot of people agree (on the 246 having new evos, not the stupid "meant for gen 2" thing) and have been expecting a slew of evolutions/pre-evolutions this gen.
And so did I buuuut I think it's a little weird that we our only evolution so far has been Slyveon (& a forme for mewtwo). If we don't get another evo shown soon I'm going to start to think that maybe Slyveon will be our only new evolution to an old line (so it could show off fairy type)

Though it would be kind of neat if they just hid all the new evos for you to find yourself

a lot of people agree (on the 246 having new evos, not the stupid "meant for gen 2" thing) and have been expecting a slew of evolutions/pre-evolutions this gen.
And so did I buuuut I think it's a little weird that we our only evolution so far has been Slyveon (& a forme for mewtwo). If we don't get another evo shown soon I'm going to start to think that maybe Slyveon will be our only new evolution to an old line (so it could show off fairy type)

Though it would be kind of neat if they just hid all the new evos for you to find yourself

Well, think about this real quick - Generation 4 by this time (around 6 months in) had only hinted at three prevos: Munchlax, Bonsly, and Mime Jr. The only other ones to get mentioned were Happiny, Weavile, Mantyke, Budew, and Roserade, with the latter two not getting shown until about a month before. We may not have as many evos as Generation 4, but I'm almost certain we'll have some new ones. We just need to play the waiting game, and Mewtwo getting a new forme means that Game Freak is definitely going to cater to the previous generations.

In fact, with Newtwo, I wouldn't think about us only having one evolution so far - think of it as two Pokemon with ties to previous generations so far.

EDIT: I totally forgot Electivire when thinking of old gen Pokemon that got some new relatives.

Gen I introduced 3 Eeveelutions, so I wouldn't just assume that pattern will be followed.
That doesn't matter. Gen. I was the first generation of Pokemon. GF probably didn't know what it was going to do with Eevee in the coming gens. With Gen. II, they probably decided, ok how about we introduce two new Eeveelutions every other generation from now on, and the pattern began. Gen. I is irrelevant because the beginning of the pattern is Gen. II.

But I could be entirely wrong! All I'm saying is, I think it is safe to assume that there will be another Eeveelution this gen. We'll know soon enough, though :D

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Or we can just ignore a pattern that seems otherwise completely arbitrary (not to mention singular, since the "pattern" was done in one instance) and keep our expectations afloat.

Also, most things up until Syoomai seemed plausible. I guess fifth generation (with its new Pokemon and all) didn't give the developers a chance to give Shellos a branching evolution, but still...

Is a shellos split evo REALLY that much more ridiculous than Snorunt getting a female only ghost evolution, Gloom turning into a hula dancer, or Scizor in general

That is...the most convincing written leak to be revealed publically before official information comes out this generation, purely based on its formatting. I'm not saying I believe it, but it's a good rebound for "leakers" after that fake leak that came after June's CoroCoro that tried explaining Pangoro. Thank you, mystery Japanese leaker, for giving me something to critically contemplate.

That is...the most convincing written leak to be revealed publically before official information comes out this generation, purely based on its formatting. I'm not saying I believe it, but it's a good rebound for "leakers" after that fake leak that came after June's CoroCoro that tried explaining Pangoro. Thank you, mystery Japanese leaker, for giving me something to critically contemplate.
What makes it convincing, exactly
Name - type -description of pokemon has been a constant in corocoro "leaks" for ages

Honestly the fact that Honedge is listed makes me suspicious. I think the only pokemon from the e3 bonanza in corocoro was Vivillon and that was because Scatterbug & Spewpa were revealed.

That Shellos evo seems VERY possible with the beta Gastrodon stuff and all

maybe it'll be green and shaped like this :/

That Shellos evo seems VERY possible with the beta Gastrodon stuff and all

maybe it'll be green and shaped like this :/
Water/Bug Gastro alone won't make him enough to make Gastro stand out (other than the obvious counter Rotom crap which it wouldn't be able to do anymore) so I hope they buff the stats on this new evolution, maybe a lot more physically bulky but now like Slowpoke speed and slightly worse Sp.D? That could possibly work. I think new Gastro would also get a new bug move because lolsignalbeam and I don't think any other bug move even makes sense for a slug/snail to have, which makes me a bit skeptical about this whole thing.

Flabebe looks one of those "cute looking but comes at low BST price" it does like it'd evolve. If it does I am hoping for a Fairy/Grass dual type. Like I said before Honedge looks like a standalone Pokemon.

Regarding the rumors:
Soul Smash: this sounds like a move coming from a Fighting game or something, but if this were true it might indicate a good base powered move. (although moves like Incinerate makes me doubt this even more)
Panpura: Certainly interesting concept.
Syoomi: Hmm if it gets the "Full" shell appearance I might like it aesthetic wise and also for typing.
Myuujii: Ability seems weird. What is it some kind of random thing or in specific condition. (Not that I should be speculating much over rumors. )

Flabebe looks one of those "cute looking but comes at low BST price" it does like it'd evolve. If it does I am hoping for a Fairy/Grass dual type. Like I said before Honedge looks like a standalone Pokemon.

Regarding the rumors:
Soul Smash: this sounds like a move coming from a Fighting game or something, but if this were true it might indicate a good base powered move. (although moves like Incinerate makes me doubt this even more)
Panpura: Certainly interesting concept.
Syoomi: Hmm if it gets the "Full" shell appearance I might like it aesthetic wise and also for typing.
Myuujii: Ability seems weird. What is it some kind of random thing or in specific condition. (Not that I should be speculating much over rumors. )
Did I miss an update to the rumors that said anything about "Soul Smash"

Also I'm guessing "Battle Melody" isn't an ability. Not a single other Pokemon has had their ability shown off

Ice/Fighting seems like a poorly defensive typing.But stab ice punch or "ice hammer" will help in taking down dragon pokemon more effectively. But I don't think the pokemon is real.

What makes it convincing, exactly
Name - type -description of pokemon has been a constant in corocoro "leaks" for ages

Honestly the fact that Honedge is listed makes me suspicious. I think the only pokemon from the e3 bonanza in corocoro was Vivillon and that was because Scatterbug & Spewpa were revealed.
The implied honesty, more than anything. Many of the other supposed leaks made a grand spectacle about the information they were trying to pass off, like they wanted everyone to have complete faith in them every time they said "this/that/these/those is/are real" The wording of this supposed leak is most closely related to the explanations of Gogoat, Helioptile, Fletchling, and Pancham. It's something stronger than "the poster is following a string or formula of explanatory logic to define the Pokémon" I'm still skeptical about a couple of things, like why the only information this person had would only be Pokémon, assuming they're legitimate, but the affliction behind the writing tells me that the information was something they wanted to share, not something that they wanted notoriety for or something that they wanted to make up just to bug the entire internet.

I get the concern about Honedge, and they shouldn't really have a reason to talk more about it in the magazine having accomplished all the flavor leaking that they like to do with new Pokémon through Masuda's video, unless they like catalouging everything in the magazine. It doesn't really give or take any credibility to the "leak" in my eyes.

I just have to say that Bug/Water is a cool ass typing. One I've been waiting for. Masquarain... Why...
SURSKIT!!! Sheesh...Unless you're mad at Masquerain for losing its unique typing upon evolution??

Did I miss an update to the rumors that said anything about "Soul Smash"

Also I'm guessing "Battle Melody" isn't an ability. Not a single other Pokemon has had their ability shown off
Soul Smash is mentioned in same link from Pokejungle. Also, on battle melody yeah I guess it makes much more sense it being a move rather than an ability.

Actually, Clauncher has been hinted to have the ability Sniper, at least according to Serebii's entry for it in the prerelease Pokemon page.

Soul Smash is mentioned in same link from Pokejungle. Also, on battle melody yeah I guess it makes much more sense it being a move rather than an ability.
Ah, I think I just glanced over it because it was with Honedge

Actually, Clauncher has been hinted to have the ability Sniper, at least according to Serebii's entry for it in the prerelease Pokemon page.
Err
It uses its one oversized claw not only to seize prey but also to shoot condensed water at others as a projectile. This capability is so intense that it can crack a boulder! A Water-type Pokémon, Clauncher can also use its giant claw to crush opponents with the powerful Water-type move Crabhammer, which is more likely to land a critical hit. Critical hits against opposing Pokémon will do twice the usual damage.
no it isn't

None of the designs, save the legendaries, are all that interesting. JMHO...just not a fan of "inanimate" things being Pokemon, and yes that means I've always found voltorb and electrodes weird too.

My main hope is that the pseudo-legendary - a fairy type probably? - of this generation doesn't disappoint. I don't think we knew about hydreigon until very late though, so probably won't find out what it is for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)