Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a sec, the cotton candy pokemon makes sure allied pokemon don't fall asleep in battle?

Wow.
Yes but it probably works like Victini's Victory Star, so you cannot just throw it to party. It has to been active in battle. Anyway we DO NOT know if this is case.

That sure is odd, but it can possibly be explained. Assuming that the Pokebeach rumour is true Sycamore gives you one of the Kanto starters, thus "entrusts you and your friends with Pokémon". Or there may be another professor (Patrice?). A third alternative is that Tierno allready has met Sycamore and has been given the task of giving you your starter Pokemon.

I think the newer generation rivals are much more inferior to the original rivals. Gary became freakin champion and Silver stole a Pokemon. They definition of rivals to Gamefreak is now friends. Rivals are supposed to match your skills or just act cool but newer rivals treat you like friends and not competitors
You're mistaken about the definition of "rival." And they definitely do treat you as a competitor as well as a friend. I mean, some don't, but Barry, Cheren, and Hugh definitely do. I think if they just made every rival a Blue clone, it would get really old.

One thing I'm excited to see is how they're going to be able to deal with a group of five characters in relation to starter Pokemon. Will some double up? Will some receive nonstarter Pokemon? Really just some answers I'm getting antsy about. Hype hits hard.

One thing I'm excited to see is how they're going to be able to deal with a group of five characters in relation to starter Pokemon. Will some double up? Will some receive nonstarter Pokemon? Really just some answers I'm getting antsy about. Hype hits hard.
Most likely they're going to receive non starter Pokemon. The question is... Which will they receive? I could see Tierno with a Pancham

Ok, new Pokemon. I don't remember all of their names, sorry.

Pangoro: looks pretty awesome, though I would have preferred it to have visible eyes instead of just being completely black. Definitely looks like something I would use on my team!

Fairy bird: The one that's exclusive to Y. It looks ok, will probably evolve. Not something I would use.

Fairy cotton candy mon: Exclusive to X, I don't like the design at all but maybe it will have a cool evolution. I don't think I'd use it.

Dark/Psychic Squids: Now these are what I call Pokemon. I think they look great, something cool we've never really seen before. Their typing is also interesting; one 4x weakness to Bug, and an immunity to Psychic. I hope they're available early on because I want to use this on my team.

Oorotto: Very disappointed, I wish they would have been more creative with this Grass/Ghost typing. Doesn't look like it'll evolve but it might have a prevo.

As for the new info we got, I've got mixed feelings. I don't like the Professor's name (or how he looks lol, kind of creepy) and the fact that Team Flare's only objective is to make money seems like they won't be as exciting as Team Rocket, Magma/Aqua, Galactic, or even Plasma. But on the other hand, I'm really glad that Xerneas is a Fairy type. That news reinforces my choice to get Pokemon X on release because I'm really curious about this new type! Also, the abilities of Xerneas and Ylveltal make me think that they're going to make quite a splash in Ubers (especially Xerneas, being a Fairy type in a tier where Dragons rule).

Ok, new Pokemon. I don't remember all of their names, sorry.

Pangoro: looks pretty awesome, though I would have preferred it to have visible eyes instead of just being completely black. Definitely looks like something I would use on my team!

Fairy bird: The one that's exclusive to Y. It looks ok, will probably evolve. Not something I would use.

Fairy cotton candy mon: Exclusive to X, I don't like the design at all but maybe it will have a cool evolution. I don't think I'd use it.

Dark/Psychic Squids: Now these are what I call Pokemon. I think they look great, something cool we've never really seen before. Their typing is also interesting; one 4x weakness to Bug, and an immunity to Psychic. I hope they're available early on because I want to use this on my team.

Oorotto: Very disappointed, I wish they would have been more creative with this Grass/Ghost typing. Doesn't look like it'll evolve but it might have a prevo.

As for the new info we got, I've got mixed feelings. I don't like the Professor's name (or how he looks lol, kind of creepy) and the fact that Team Flare's only objective is to make money seems like they won't be as exciting as Team Rocket, Magma/Aqua, Galactic, or even Plasma. But on the other hand, I'm really glad that Xerneas is a Fairy type. That news reinforces my choice to get Pokemon X on release because I'm really curious about this new type! Also, the abilities of Xerneas and Ylveltal make me think that they're going to make quite a splash in Ubers (especially Xerneas, being a Fairy type in a tier where Dragons rule).
Wait, you found Plasma to be the most boring team out of the first 5 gens? That's... interesting...

I would wait until we know more about Flare before casting judgement. For all we know, they want that money for something.

Well, I remember Team Rocket was hunting for fossils in Mt. Moon for similar reasons. I bet they have something underlying, besides money - maybe it has to do with the sun? Like harnessing it's power? (like from solar flares)

They just seem to outrageously dressed to just be focused on money. My bet is on something with the sun.

I don't think it's anything past money in my honest opinion. I think that their team name is only referring to their general style (team, F-LARRRE~~~~ *jazz hands). Maybe they're in HOT pursuit of money (heheh) to fund their outrageous fashion habits?

WPM put it on his site...no wait, Serebii had it stated...Bulbanews? One of the big news sources totally had it up earlier today/last night.

I'm not trolling, don't hurt me ;-;
Nobody confirmed it as ghost/grass

people are assuming this because it looks like a creepy tree

My apologies for accidentally posting inaccurate information

Here's a healthy constant. We have five item slots in our bag again (and the Froakie pocket sprite is super cute!)

can someone explain to me why we're getting a bunch of dark/ghost types all of a sudden

i mean besides the fact that the games'll be released near halloween

I don't think it's anything past money in my honest opinion. I think that their team name is only referring to their general style (team, F-LARRRE~~~~ *jazz hands). Maybe they're in HOT pursuit of money (heheh) to fund their outrageous fashion habits?
i thought it was them dressing extravagantly to show that they had a buttload of money?
&& ew those menu sprites look awful. :c
too lacking in substance/deformed imo.

can someone explain to me why we're getting a bunch of dark/ghost types all of a sudden

i mean besides the fact that the games'll be released near halloween
Well, in terms of confirmed Dark and/or Ghost types, we have ...
Pangoro (but not Pancham)
Inkay and Malamar
Honedge

There's no more representation than, say, Fire. Even if you count "leaked" or "suspected" Ghost and/or Dark types we only add Chespin-evos and Orroto.

&& ew those menu sprites look awful. :c
too lacking in substance/deformed imo.
Yeah I don't like how they look either. I think they would look better if they were more simple, and got rid of the shadows/highlights on the buttons. Make them look flat.

It looks like the pocket sprites are being redone for every Pokemon. Pikachu's pocket sprite looks different, even if it's just a little different.

Orroto could be either dark/grass 40% and ghost/grass 60%. I love how they are having more variety of Pokemon types but still no grass/fire type

Pangoro is probably definitely on 99% percent of teams now because he looks awesome and probably is the first Overused pokemon we've got, plus everybody loves pandas.

Litleo's evolution will be to die for it will be the first lion pokemon

I think Trevor having Inkay, Tierno Pancham, Shauna Spritizee X and Swirlix Y and Calem/Serena having opposite starter.

The colored picture makes me think Orotto evolves from Sudowoodo. Grass / Ghost seems like a cool typing, though.

Also, this guy convinces me even more that this gen is based on Norse mythology. First Xerneas and Yveltal and now we got a Yggdrasil mon. :)
It has been discussed that Orotto may be based on a rotting/haunted tree, and while giving Sudowoodo a spookeh evolution would be fun, some people don't see it like; they're going to associate petrified wood with the trees from Snow White.
I mean seriously.

I still like the mini sprites, I think they're better than the mug shots used in Colosseum and XD. I didn't play Battle Revolution, but I get the feeling that the party screen had 2d images of the 3d renders of your Pokémon's faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)