Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. This mega thing looks absolutely ridiculous. Overkill much? I mean come on, this is just absolutely unnecessary.

What I don't get is, why not just make a 4th evolutionary line, with unique designs? Why just staple cotton threads onto a Pokemon and add Mega to its name?

something about these just don't sit right with me

too many wobbly lines and random junk spewing out everywhere

and then Mewtwo's new Megaforme looks nothing like the other Megaformes

they'll probably grow on me anyway though

Because it's already too late. The bar for pokemon evolution was only 3. One pokemon line could only evolve twice, that's just how it was. But people have been asking "Why not 4?" So instead of making a brand evolution this was the best alternative.

Because it's already too late. The bar for pokemon evolution was only 3. One pokemon line could only evolve twice, that's just how it was. But people have been asking "Why not 4?" So instead of making a brand evolution this was the best alternative.
I just dont get why Pokemon like Mawile and Absol (single staged Pokemon with lackluster stats) didn't just get ACTUAL evolutions

I'm very interested to see where this goes. As of right now I find Mega evolutions completely unexpected and intriguing. Plus I like the designs so far. Absol has wings?

I just dont get why Pokemon like Mawile and Absol (single staged Pokemon with lackluster stats) didn't just get ACTUAL evolutions
I assume it's because Gamefreak sees them as a single stage forever pokemon. Like Kangaskhan, they see the pokemon as already fully developed. So apparently Mega evolution was the best way to go. ps what do you bet Absol is dark and fairy?

I'm very interested to see where this goes. As of right now I find Mega evolutions completely unexpected and intriguing. Plus I like the designs so far. Absol has wings?
but oddly doesn't get a flying typing or levitate

By the way, in case it escaped notice, the bunny is one of the leaked/trademarked names. Though I think we assumed it was a bee, ha ha.
So the other 13 or so are legit, most likely!

Okay gotta stop thinking about MegaForms (I was ok with them 5 minutes ago and now I totally hate them and something inside my head screams "MegaAbsol has Garurumon legs THIS IS DIGIMON!" in frustration xD). The new fairy looks like Raichu with rounded ears... It's the first leak that makes me disappointed.

MegaAmpharos is Electric/Dragon and has the ability Mold Breaker
Well regardless of what I think of the actual forms/evolutions, at least they're interesting from a battling perspective

Looking at Serebii's posts on the forums, it seems that MegaAmpharos is now Electric/Dragon with Mold Breaker!? So in addition to new abilities and possibly new stats, potential new TYPINGS may be a thing.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Guess I just completely missed that haha.

Oh my god. These mega-evolutions make me a little scared, because I don't want to see Pokémon becoming Digimon-like. I really hope these evolutions will not be actual ones and these Mega forms will be referenced by the Pokédex as the same species as the original ones, because I'm sorry but overdesign a Pokémon and adding "Mega" in its name isn't enough to consifer it as an actual evolution. I also hope these mega evolution will always have the same base stat total as their regular forms, but reorganized. I wonder if gen VI Pokémon and not only older gens Pokémon will get Mega forms. I also hope Pokémon with mega evolutions/forms will not be able to get Eviolite boost, actually I think this method of "evolution" was included in these games to avoid Eviolite issues (Mawile not getting Eviolite boost in gen V but getting it is Gen VI).

About designs, the only Mega form I quite like is Blaziken's, it looks fine IMO, but I don't like the other Mega design, theye are just uglier, overdesigned versions of regular Pokémon (the worst being Ampharos). Every gen that included a new Eeveelution also included a new member to Electabuzz, Magmar and Porygon families, so I expect a mega form for Electivire, Magmortar and Porygon-Z, but I hope some of my favourite Pokémon like Skarmory and Terrakion will not get terrible-looking mega forms.

Why give pokemon that are obviously strong another evolution? Why not give pokemon that are left in the dust, like dunsparce, girafarig, and stantler, a REGULAR evolution first?

Okay, so, what does everyone think about the actually new pokemon that were leaked? GO GO FAILED SUBJECT CHANGE!

I also read somewhere that Combusken evolves into MegaBlaziken while holding the Blaziken Knight item? If that is the case how do 1 stagers work? New pre-evos? Mewtwo?

Pokejungle's translation implies that these aren't referred to as either evolutions or forms but "supercharged" versions

i wonder if they're temporary

The real response of a 10 year old girl: "Did they run out of ideas?"

Temporary, eh? That... is a bit more interesting. Short lasting super forms might not forever ruin these pokemon in my eyes. Just ruin them every time they go super Saiyan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)