Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real response of a 10 year old girl: "Did they run out of ideas?"

Temporary, eh? That... is a bit more interesting. Short lasting super forms might not forever ruin these pokemon in my eyes. Just ruin them every time they go super Saiyan.
Oh please note that's just my speculation based on wording of translations that can vary wildly

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Anyone else getting a big Reshiram/Giratina vibe from MegaBlaziken/MegaLucario respectively?
I also read somewhere that Combusken evolves into MegaBlaziken while holding the Blaziken Knight item? If that is the case how do 1 stagers work? New pre-evos? Mewtwo?
But... my W2 Ampharos :(

Do you guys think that these new MegaPokes are going to create a new tier? I mean Amphoras is NU or RU so maybe it could just go to OU or something.

I know the metagame changes everytime a new game is released, but almost all of these "mega-evolution" are uber worthy imo. Especially if there are no downsides to this. Maybe they even get stat boosts? An even more offensive metagame seems likely...

just my speculation
I understand, but until anything is confirmed I'm going to hop on with the speculation that best helps me sleep at night.

Anyone else getting a big Reshiram/Giratina vibe from MegaBlaziken/MegaLucario respectively?
Only a lot.

The funniest part? Mega Mawile/Absol don't sound OU viable just based on their abilities. If these don't come with stat boosts, I can't see them moving any higher than UU MAYBE.

"WHAT IS THIS?! WHAT IS MY LIFE?!"

Jesus Christ Game Freak, giving "Mega evos" to some pokémon may me cool, but WHY Blaziken and Lucario?! Just look at them! this is the first I actually thought "are those digimon?" seeing a pokémon design.
At least Mawile finally got her deserved evolution (in case that this info isn't fake), but why Blaziken?! ARGH, I CAN'T GET OVER IT!

Mega evolutions are only accessible during battle. - pokejungle
Im pissed, but at least it is not so bad if they are not permanent... So every fully evolved pokemon might get one....

I understand, but until anything is confirmed I'm going to hop on with the speculation that best helps me sleep at night.

Only a lot.

The funniest part? Mega Mawile/Absol don't sound OU viable just based on their abilities. If these don't come with stat boosts, I can't see them moving any higher than UU MAYBE.
An Adamant Mega-Mawile will have an attack stat of 590. It gains a Fairy type, it already has Sucker Punch and it will probably learn a lot of new moves this gen. Life's pretty good for Mawile I think, and besides, not everything is destined to be OU. Mawile gains the boost it deserves, I'm just sad that it had to be in the form of a "mega evolution" and not an ordinary evolution.

Don't know about Absol though. Magic Bounce is awesome, but Super Luck is a bit better for him.

hmmmm yeah y'know I wonder if these megapokemon like "get" their power from legendaries or something. Like as some dudes have mentioned some of the megadudes have things that sorta match the vibe of some legendaries. I mean the theme of the game is DNA or genes or something so this could be that thing. Probably is no shit. And I want to say that I do see the X and Y on Blaziken and Lucario but it seems a little out there. But then again there's fucking megapokemans so anything goes I guess.

Wait they're battle only uuuhhhh well if they are then I guess everything is fine. But in that case I don't think they should call them megaevolutions if they are more like Power-up forms.

Maybe they work like Zen Mode. Form Change under certain circumstances. Or take up a moveslot while holding an item. That would at least be digestible.

Maybe they work like Zen Mode. Form Change under certain circumstances. Or take up a moveslot while holding an item. That would at least be digestible.
I really hope this. Then again what is point of mega stone? Maybe you are required to hold it on Pokemon so it can change form in battle under certain circumstances (30% HP or lower maybe?)

Just noticed in the facebook comments someone mentioned Blaziken having Kyurem's design, Lucario to Giratina and Mawile to Darkrai...interesting...

AZ

But still. Dragon Ampharos pissed me off the most. It's a sheep. A freakin sheep.
The thing that pissed me off more than that is the type of Mega-Absol. It is pure Dark type, and it has angel wings and it is a mystical pokemon. GAMEFREAK, WHY DIDN'T YOU GAVE (MEGA) ABSOL THE FAIRY TYPING?

Mega-Absol looks cool though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)