Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What i wonder is, if they mega evolve, wil it be for the whole battle? Cus they did evolve. If so, and they keep form after loosing item in battle, trick will be amazing in doubles. One poke evolves, one,tricks Cb to pkmn, other evolves. Or singles when one switches in on a trick pokemon.

Edit: can't we use ME for short? Typing out mega evolution every time is a pain on mobile phone xd.

I think people are going too far already assuming with 100% certainty that Megas have to hold their item to use mega form.

We know that some items are a part of the process. That's literally it. Let's not go making up mechanics and using them like facts.

It's been confirmed that pokemon have to be holding the mega stone to megavolve. Unless it's been mistranslated.

From Serebii -
"Following yesterdays reveal of the new Pokémon, and the Mega Evolutions, some clear images have surfaced which showcase some of these Pokémon in battle. It also provides a few further bits of information. First, Pokémon can only Mega Evolve when they are holding a Mega Stone. Mega Stones are a type of item like Evolutionary Stones and include specific items such as the Blazikenite that the event Torchic holds. The Blazikenite is not found within normal gameplay. It also confirms that Mega Evolutions are temporary, being only in battle."

Mega stones are a CATEGORY of item. INCLUDING Blazikenite. There will probably be a unique megastone for every pokemon who megavolves.

Now that I think about it the Mega-evolutions are very similar to the Pokemon Lv. X TCG cards from the DPP era. Has anyone else thought of this?

It's been confirmed that pokemon have to be holding the mega stone to megavolve. Unless it's been mistranslated.

From Serebii -
"Following yesterdays reveal of the new Pokémon, and the Mega Evolutions, some clear images have surfaced which showcase some of these Pokémon in battle. It also provides a few further bits of information. First, Pokémon can only Mega Evolve when they are holding a Mega Stone. Mega Stones are a type of item like Evolutionary Stones and include specific items such as the Blazikenite that the event Torchic holds. The Blazikenite is not found within normal gameplay. It also confirms that Mega Evolutions are temporary, being only in battle."

Mega stones are a CATEGORY of item. INCLUDING Blazikenite. There will probably be a unique megastone for every pokemon who megavolves.
I told you remenber......
And i see pokemons with knock off, knockoff everywhere

Last edited:
you guys are completely neglecting the fact that mega formes won't be able to use held items by default.
Assuming their base stats are not horrifically overblown (and something tells me they won't be) just how effective will they be compared to their old selves holding...say...life orb?
You are forgetting something too. Items like life orbs and choice band have their drawbacks, e.g. taking away health, locking you into a move. Pokemon that dig-- excuse me, megavolve are confirmed to having their stats increased, which makes up for the inability to hold items while also having no other drawbacks. Even if the total BST do not increase it won't matter much because Pokemon like Alakazam if it were to megavolve, will probably have less atk more sp. atk and/or speed. Plus with new ability like mold breaker and magic bounce and adaptability, I will be more than willing to give up on locking myself into one move (choice items) or taking damage every time I attack (life orb). Not to mention, gaining new type such as dragon can make a whole lot of differences. Also, there may be a separate item slot for mega stones so you never know.

Do I think digivolved mons will be stronger than their pre-evolved forms? Of course! What's the purpose of digivolution if not for getting stronger?!

Does anyone have a slight idea when PO and PS will be able to feature gen 6?

Also, what about the old rumour that mewtwo gets two new forms?

You are forgetting something too. Items like life orbs and choice band have their drawbacks, e.g. taking away health, locking you into a move. Pokemon that dig-- excuse me, megavolve are confirmed to having their stats increased, which makes up for the inability to hold items while also having no other drawbacks. Even if the total BST do not increase it won't matter much because Pokemon like Alakazam if it were to megavolve, will probably have less atk more sp. atk and/or speed. Plus with new ability like mold breaker and magic bounce and adaptability, I will be more than willing to give up on locking myself into one move (choice items) or taking damage every time I attack (life orb). Not to mention, gaining new type such as dragon can make a whole lot of differences. Also, there may be a separate item slot for mega stones so you never know.

Do I think digivolved mons will be stronger than their pre-evolved forms? Of course! What's the purpose of digivolution if not for getting stronger?!
No I'm not. That was only using the most basic examples, but how are you going to compensate for the benefits granted by...say...Leftovers, Focus Sash, Strategic type-reduction berry, Salacc berry, Lum, etc. with raw stats?

These things are barred from utilising an entire layer of strategy. Items can make or break a Pokemon. When you see a mega form evo go off, you know you're going to be able hit it with thunder wave or Spore next chance you get and it'll be crippled because there's no need to guess if it's holding a preventative item. And that's not even taking Choice Scarf speed tiers into consideration.

I seriously doubt they'll introduce a second item slot, unless every pokemon gets the ability to hold two items. In which case Megas are still gimped compared to regular pokemon because they only get to hold one item instead of two.

Anyone else see the Pikachu sprite on the Super Training picture? It confirms our suspicions that Pokemon will be getting revamped box and party sprites. The new Pikachu seems to be longer and skinnier.

Also, starting off with a Torchic again :D

Players can have their Pokémon participate in Super Training, activities that will increase a Pokémon’s base stats, the underlying values that define its HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed stats.
Wat.

"To use a Mega Stone, give it to your Pokémon to hold. Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution will gain access to their potential only if they first carry a Mega Stone into battle. Other things are needed for Mega Evolution to succeed, and those secrets will be explained later!" - http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/mega_evolution/

Suddenly MegaEvolutions may not even be competitive useable at all.

With extra focus provided through Mega Evolution, Mega Mewtwo's Sp. Atkk is sure to overwhelm other Pokemon. It will probably be unstoppable.
lel Sucker Punch.

Hmm.. Dark Type gym leader?

Suddenly MegaEvolutions may not even be competitive useable at all.
Maybe they'll make a new Tier for Mega Pokemon and insert a new clause.

"Players can have their Pokémon participate in Super Training, activities that will increase a Pokémon’s base stats, the underlying values that define its HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed stats."
Wat.
It's EVs.
"These base stats could be increased using items and other methods in previous Pokémon titles, but in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, you'll be able to raise them far more easily than ever before, thanks to Super Training. "

It's EVs.
"These base stats could be increased using items and other methods in previous Pokémon titles, but in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, you'll be able to raise them far more easily than ever before, thanks to Super Training. "
I don't know where the huge paragraph about S.T. on Serebii came from but they need to rework it because they use the term "base stats" repeatedly which comes way before EVs even matter.

Not to mention "the underlying value that define HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed stats" is exactly what an actual "base stat" does. The way this is worded absolutely does not sound like EV's at all. I'm hoping its poor grammar/improper usage because if it's not then we've got something way way way bigger than Megalutions to worry about.

It's EVs.
Serebii said:
Finally, it also confirms that Super Training will increase Pokémon's "Kiso" Points. This is what EVs are commonly called in Japan.
It's in the post right under the newest one on Serebii.

Also Skiddo sounds like a terrible name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)