Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As a note: this forum is not the place for your real time commentary of meaningless stuff in the Nintendo Direct. If anything lets wait until we have learned everything from this event.

Last edited:
1. There's a "Pokemon Bank Box", basically a PC box, but real, on the internet. You can store and download your mons on your 3DS whenever or wherever. Their idea for trading Pokemon from previous gens to X&Y. There's a "Pokemon Transporter" for the same function, and these are still in development. BUT there's an "annual fee" for the maintenance of your box.

2. You can receive the original starters later on in the game.

3. MEVOS for Original Starters!

Last edited:
New stuff: Gen 6 starters given to you by your friend. Then, one out of the Gen 1 starters given by regional prof. The Gen 1 starters have Mega Evolutions, by the use of Mega Stones and Ring

I'm most happy that the transfer has been confirmed from BW to XY. Woo! Even if it is an eShop app. Sounds like something they'd easily be able to update on a whim's notice, possibly forcing it to be online for cheat checks to ensure only clean Pokémon make it through. Just a theory.

The bundles come out on September 27th, does that mean you can get the games on the 27th if you get the bundle? (assuming the games are pre-loaded with the bundle)

Charizard and Blastoise look amazing as mega evolutions.
The bank sounds really useful as clogging up your boxes can be annoying.

Most importantly there was no delay so can't wait for October 12th :)

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
K, it's finished.

* So Pokemon Bank was Shoko's idea, since she wanted to pass down her Charizard to her grand children o___0

* Poke Mover is needed for older generation games to move Pokemon to Pokemon Bank.
Pokemon Bank has to be bought and downloaded via E-shop, at 500 yen per copy.

* PokeBeach leak is correct about you get another starter, and the second one is chosen from the 3 gen 1 starters.

* All Gen 1 starters get Mega. (and finally, some Mega's that don't look like being signed to a Shampoo advert contract :p )

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^^Source? EDIT: Ah, the official site...

Also, looks like I was wrong. We DID get evolutions of the starters. It's just that it was Mega evolutions, not regular ones, and they weren't the current generation starters. But hey, can't ask for everything, can we?

By the way, artillery Blastoise? Info on the site hints it can hit targets ten kilometres away. That's quite something when you consider it's launching blobs of water.

And it looks like Nintetales got competition now. Drought Charizard... oh my.

"If the worst were to somehow happen and you lost your copy of Pokémon X or Pokémon Y, your Pokémon would still be safe and ready to be withdrawn to a new game if they were deposited to Pokémon Bank!"

Pretty awsome :) Now you can restart you game without loosing all the pokémon. I hope you can transfer many pokémon at the same time so it doesn't take too long. As long as its not super expensive I don't mind this at all, and I'm happy I will be able to transfer over all my shinys and competive pokémon to X and Y :D

Edit: OMG! I won't need to buy another 3DS to "Trade" pokémon with myself! :D <3

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
"If the worst were to somehow happen and you lost your copy of Pokémon X or Pokémon Y, your Pokémon would still be safe and ready to be withdrawn to a new game if they were deposited to Pokémon Bank!"

Pretty awsome :) Now you can restart you game without loosing all the pokémon. I hope you can transfer many pokémon at the same time so it doesn't take too long. As long as its not super expensive I don't mind this at all, and I'm happy I will be able to transfer over all my shinys and competive pokémon to X and Y :D

Edit: OMG! I won't need to buy another 3DS to "Trade" pokémon with myself! :D <3
And we can now abuse the restart method to get nice starters, instead of breeding.

Mega Charizard gets Drought.

Mega Venusaur gets Thick Fat.

Mega Blastoise gets Mega Launcher.
Damn!!! Venusaur is going to be an ultra beast. Time to re-live the blue days! Ice beam or flamethrower all you want Thick fat is in the house!

I wonder if Pokemon Amie is linked to Mega Evolutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)