Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragalge is a rare case of a dual typed pokemon changing type via evolution. The only others I can think of that do this are Scyther -> Scizor, Onix -> Steelix, and Kirlia -> Gallade (with the addition of fairy to the Gardevoir line)

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Rough estimates for Dragalge incoming! (btw really cool to see its poison/dragon)

32-79/46-93/45-97/53-101/92-139/22-69

It was pretty hard to make out the nature at first, but taking a closer look it seems to be naughty or at the very least something with a minus special defense nature. That being said, stats are pretty decent all around bar Hp and Speed, with HP most likely being decent and Speed being pretty low, the only thing that seems to stand out though is that Special bulk though, 139 max is pretty high o_O.

This is the generation of bulkyness. Mostly slow but powerful pokemons with some very nice type combinations.

Actually it's a good thing imo. There are already enough great sweepers.

Rough estimates for Dragalge incoming! (btw really cool to see its poison/dragon)

32-79/46-93/45-97/53-101/92-139/22-69

It was pretty hard to make out the nature at first, but taking a closer look it seems to be naughty or at the very least something with a minus special defense nature. That being said, stats are pretty decent all around bar Hp and Speed, with HP most likely being decent and Speed being pretty low, the only thing that seems to stand out though is that Special bulk though, 139 max is pretty high o_O.
A LOT of slow mons this generation... a LOT...

So Dragalge is a slow, specially defensive with less than desirable HP...

I want to believe it's going to be strong, but defensive pokemon with low HP and Speed are often not nearly as bulky as their defensive stats would have them appear. I was hoping it was a strong special attacker personally.

I'll still try to find a use for it either way, because I love its design. So classy.

With good bulk but low speed (as per XY standards) Dragalge seems like a solid addition to the lower tiers. Good to see other metagames being enriched.

As much as I want Zygarde to get a more powerful forme, I also think it would be cool to use in OU if it turns out to be this gen's Kyurem.
Zygarde is a staller maybe cuz of his stats idk acctually but I'm still gonna use him cuz he is one AWESOME pokemon :D

I'm still waiting for a 3rd one with Drizzle (regarding Charizard Y), simply to get rid of that pain Politoed is. Also, hail got its Mega, but where are the other inducers? // Gamefreak doesn't work that out in sheer numbers, I know, but some more would be great.

I'm curious to see if contact abilities like poison point or static have been buffed at all. Any news about them proccing more regularly?

30% is ok but still pretty unreliable as a 'perk', considering it only affects physical contact moves. Contact abilities usually only ever get used if the pokemon has no other abilities worth using.

I would much rather they procced when the pokemon with the ability itself lands contact moves.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
One thing that really surprises me, is the number of Pokémon without evolutionary relatives this generation. Out of all the officially revealed ones, only Furfrou and Dedenne are standalone Pokémon. Among the leaked ones, there are Carbink, Hawlucha and Klefki. Even counting Legendary Pokémon, of which only three are confirmed, it's a surprisingly low number.

Don't forget Dragalgae, as a former water type, has a good chance of learning Scald. Steel-types don't exactly like it. Then again nothing without Hydration or Water absorb like Scald.
Its also a dragon without water typing so odds are it can learn flamethrower or something similar

Speaking of Electric Terrain teams, do we have any more info on what it actually does? And does it stack with rain? I'm drooling at the prospect of a Dry Skin Heliolisk in the rain with Electric Terrain present.

I'm guessing.

Boosts Electric attacks 1.5. Lowers Flying attacks 1.5. Also abilities will raise speed and power while it's active. You know the drill.

Earlier in the thread it was said to have automatically caused effects like volt absorb and motor drive to activate. Will have to ask leakers for more info/confirmation.

I'm happy to see that Dragalgae turned out to be Poison/Dragon.
Anyways,guys just 5 days left for the release!
Can anyone link me to the pictures of the Elite 4 and Champion?Thanks.

Speaking of Electric Terrain teams, do we have any more info on what it actually does? And does it stack with rain? I'm drooling at the prospect of a Dry Skin Heliolisk in the rain with Electric Terrain present.
If Electric Terrain turns out to be real, it could possibly become the become the new go-to counter for rain teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)