Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hmm... as far as I can tell, the version differences are reaching an all-time low this time around. I mean, it's not like we expect the versions to be two different games, but a whooping total of 6-10 exclusive Pokémon (out of 450) separating the two? That's quite little, almost back to G/S levels of equality. Actually, G/S had remarkably different sprites for most Pokémon, so somehow it would be even less (well, D/P was quite bad in this regard too if I recall correctly).

I'm considering buying X after I finish Y, but if Y offers no different experience at all, I might as well just trade over from a friend's game. All I'd miss would be Xerneas and possibly a couple of Mega Stones.

Then again, there might be some version-exclusive locations or significant aesthetics we haven't discovered yet. Either way, I suspect the follow-up game(s) to offer a sufficiently different experience. Might buy both of those instead, if GameFreak make a pair again.

EDIT: Also a little bit on legendaries, so this post isn't wholly a pointless rant.

We've had Event Legendaries since Gen. I. They got integrated story plots in Gen. II (Japanese Celebi in Crystal), and their own little locations in Gen. III. I'll do some simplification here, and define the term "Event Legendary" as "A Legendary Pokémon that requires some external input to the game to be found legally".

Gen. III introduced two Event Legendaries, Jirachi and Deoxys. Note that Deoxys has four Formes, bringing the amount of technically different creatures up to 5.

Gen. IV gave us four and a half. Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus and Manaphy. Phione came "bundled" with Manaphy, if you got Manaphy you could get Phione too. Additionally, Shaymin got two Formes, adding up to 6 significantly different Pokémon. If you want to count all the Arceus Formes, we hit 22.

In Gen. V, there were four again. Victini, Genesect, Meloetta and Keldeo. Keldeo later got an aesthetic Forme, and Meloetta has two Formes but one can only be accessed in battle. Genesect technically has 5 formes too, but all they do is changing the type of one move. I'd say they add up to 5 significantly different ones (Meloettas two being counted).

If presendence is to be followed, we can expect between 2 and 5 Event Legendaries in Gen. VI, which could add between 2 and 8 significantly different Pokémon. Again according to presedence, at least one of them is a "flat-100" pixie, and another is a sinister badass with dubious origins. The remaining ones could span from "creator of the universe" to "Random muse who really likes to sing and dance, but is otherwise not that spectacular". In other words, save for a Pixie and a Monster, we could get anything. But I'm quite sure we'll get something. It will be exciting to see what. In the meantime, fakemon artists are going to have a field day. "Leaks" all year 'round, boo yay.

Last edited:
I think the chances of any more exciting leaks being revealed are down the drain. It's at the point where it's up to us to play the games in 4 days to find out anything else that could be potentially hidden. If the 3 blank spots in the pokedex above Xerneas are the legendary trio of this gen, wouldn't they have been found by now? Or are they simply the legendary birds & the leaker just haven't seen them yet because their roaming? (That'll be a serious troll move. Can't complain though, I guess.) Since all that's left is the story, it might be best for those who don't want the story spoiled or discussed to stop lurking and commenting on this thread. Or maybe the mods can create a separate thread. One for Pokemon leaks, one for story leaks. But it sorta wouldn't make sense at this point seeing as the games will be released in 4 days...

I was just wondering... This 'new-old' expshare will work as gen 1, spreading the exp throughout the party. Will it spread ev's too? This will make EV training even more boring, having to store all pokemon you don't want to get ev's in the box....

I was just wondering... This 'new-old' expshare will work as gen 1, spreading the exp throughout the party. Will it spread ev's too? This will make EV training even more boring, having to store all pokemon you don't want to get ev's in the box....
Honestly, I doubt it.

One thing I've been wondering about this new exp-share is that does it take Lucky Egg to account?
Like in:
Lead Pokémon has an EXP Share as held item and beats lvl 6900 Magikarp and gets 9001 exp
One of your teams Pokémon has Lucky Egg, others don't. Others get ~4500 exp.
Does the one with Lucky Egg get full 9001?

I wonder if the Poké Radar is going to make a return. Some of the best moments I had in Gen 4 was hunting shinies.

Honestly, I doubt it.

One thing I've been wondering about this new exp-share is that does it take Lucky Egg to account?
Like in:
Lead Pokémon has an EXP Share as held item and beats lvl 6900 Magikarp and gets 9001 exp
Probably. That's the effect of the item Lucky egg, unless they change its mechanics. When you start a battle with a pokemon holding the LEgg, and then you switch it out and win the battle with another, the first will get the boosted experience.

But the one with the lucky egg wouldn't get the full 9001 in this case anyway. It'd get 1,5x 4500 which would be ~ 6750....

Honestly, I doubt it.

Like in:
Lucky Egg is a 50% gain. Essentially all experience modifiers in the Pokemon Games are straight up multiplicative, but take place after dividing the Base EXP among actual participants. You don't need to do any dividing if Experience Share is on.

You're battling against a level 50 Z, who grants a same-level opponent 100 EXP.
Pokemon A Lv. 50 &Nothing, gets 100 EXP.
Pokemon B Lv. 50 &Lucky Egg, gets 75 EXP.
Pokemon C Lv. 50 &Lucky Egg (Traded), gets 112.5 EXP.
Pokemon D Lv. 50 &Lucky Egg (Traded, France) gets 127.5 EXP.
Pokemon E Lv. 25 &Lucky Egg (Traded) gets 225 EXP.
Pokemon F Lv. 50 @Nothing gets 50 EXP.

Above section of post in doubt and needs verification.

Last edited:
What we're not sure about at all:
  • Amount of Pokemon participating. Exp. Share was a flat 50% tax on the Pokemon actually fighting, and all other calculations happened after that. Most likely, Exp. All will remain the same, but it could instead give all team members a "share" of the experience as if they collectively represented one pokemon in the battle.
  • Multiple pokemon with Exp. Alls participating in the same fight.
Exp. Share is now a key item, so there's no "multiple Pokémon with them" - it applies to the whole team while active. All participating Pokémon get 100% of the experience dealt out (this is regardless of Exp. Share).

Hmm... as far as I can tell, the version differences are reaching an all-time low this time around. I mean, it's not like we expect the versions to be two different games, but a whooping total of 6-10 exclusive Pokémon (out of 450) separating the two? That's quite little, almost back to G/S levels of equality. Actually, G/S had remarkably different sprites for most Pokémon, so somehow it would be even less (well, D/P was quite bad in this regard too if I recall correctly).
There should be more than 6-10 version exclusives if there are old gen exclusives in each game. 6-10 sounds like you're only counting new mons + megas, whereas (for example) Skarmory might be exclusive to X and Mantine exclusive to Y. It just seems that no one has cared to document past gen exclusives yet, if they exist.

Speaking of version differences, it'd be pretty cool if they had some routes and cities slightly changed like they did in BW1/2. I definitely appreciated that when I played Black 2 (hard mode) after beating White 2.

Exp. Share is now a key item, so there's no "multiple Pokémon with them" - it applies to the whole team while active. All participating Pokémon get 100% of the experience dealt out (this is regardless of Exp. Share).
Is that from Kanpachi? The initial reports from the press about Exp. All conflict with what you said.

• The item Exp. Share will revert to Exp. All as in Generation I, where when one Pokémon holding this item participates in battle, all other Pokémon in the team receive experience as well. Unlike in Generation I, the experience is not split but rather received by all Pokémon. This means that the participating Pokémon receives 100% experience, while non-participating Pokémon gain 50% experience.
Variations of this were littered about the web after an interview.

Good to know, thanks, as always! Will update prior post.

EDIT: Are you sure that it's ONE HUNDRED percent, and not 50%? Because... uhm. That would mean Exp. Share is a 500% increase in EXP gain, and it was ridiculous sounding enough as a 200% increase. If there are literally no downsides to having Exp. Share on at all, I think that thing is going off permanently until it becomes time to fill my PokeDex.

Last edited:
Pretty sure. Lemme go comb through his posts for his actual words.

On the topic of easy xp though, I don't think the Exp. Share splits experience anymore -- it just grants a reduced portion to Pokemon that didn't see battle. The point still gets max xp for the fight (I think).

e: Pokemon benefitting from Exp. Share also seem to gain the relevant EVs for the battle. EVs are pretty much completely visible now which is nice.
(asked "how exactly does it work")
Gives all your benchwarmers a portion of battle xp (not sure how much) but doesn't penalize the point Pokemon's xp at all. It's great.
I think I read the 100%-for-all-participants elsewhere, but off the top of my head I can't think where. Definitely a reliable source, though, not like some random idiot on NeoGAF or something. I'll ask Kanpachi to factcheck anyway, since he's just appeared.

Pretty sure. Lemme go comb through his posts for his actual words.

(asked "how exactly does it work")

I think I read the 100%-for-all-participants elsewhere, but off the top of my head I can't think where. Definitely a reliable source, though, not like some random idiot on NeoGAF or something.
Appreciated. I think we can start with the assumption that it produces 50% Base EXP for each pokemon in your party, since it'd be a decent sandwich between what was officially stated about it and the way it seems to actually work. Which would mean you're still basically gaining about 250% extra EXP you wouldn't otherwise - still a lot, but more in lines with what I was expecting.

I am really excited to see how difficult the game might be without it.

If it really is 100% for everyone, then Nuzlocke might not even need to be a thing anymore, comparatively.

Been lurking here for the past week, hungry for leaks.. Just wanted to throw you guys a pointed question.

If Aegislash uses King's Shield, would a Pokemon using Feint be able to get past it? (This is assuming that said Pokemon has already used Foresight or something to that effect.) Would the same likely be true for Spiky Shield or the other new Protects? Just wondering in case I ever come up against an Aegislash in game and don't have a hard counter to it.

ooh, I'm a Darmanitan.

No one's sure of that yet Roku, but I son't see why they'll take that away from Feint.

I've got a couple of questions:
1- Where is Ditto? Is it available in-game at all?

2- I want to have a file that has all available Megastones, I'm willing to buy another game and replay it to collect all of them, but here's the deal: I do not wanna play it a million times -.-
I've heard that you recieve your Kanto starter stone WITH the starter, and that you can purchase the stone of the starter WEAK to yours in a single file. That means I can choose Blast, buy Char X, then choose Char (Y) and buy Venus. But can anyone confirm where can you purchase said stone if it's even available in the first place? (And what about the Mewtwonite? Any clues on it's whereabouts?)

A Poison legendary just after Zygarde would be awesome, though! Like... a Poison/Electric or a Poison/Rock. Something that is supereffective against Xerneas and Yveltal. To counteract Zygarde not affecting either of them. I can really imagine a Poison/Electric chaos representative.
The thing is, Zygarde's ability says it "reverses aura effects".
Their 1.5x multiplier for Dark/Fairy moves becomes -1.5x, they may be hitting it with STAB moves and Super Effective moves, but by all means, Zygarde is only going to get hit half as hard, someone can do the maths here.

Furthermore, looking at this image; http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2013/277/2/b/yveltal_stats_by_krocf4-d6p7jyh.png
It says, "Powers up each Pokemon's Dark/Fairy type moves".
Whether this is a party-wide effect (on both yourself and the opponent) should you have Xerneas/Yveltal in your party hasn't been stated, or whether it only applies to Xerneas/Yveltal (in play) and it's opponent (in play).

Should Dark/Fairy Aura apply to every member of the party/parties should a Xerneas or Yveltal be present in the party, then that means that Zygarde's ability could cripple any team using Dark/Fairy Aura, reducing them to a dribbling mess.

__

By all means, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the idea that I pull from Zygarde's ability saying "reverses", and Yveltal/Xerneas' abilities saying "each Pokemon".

All of that depends on whether you're using Xerneas and/or Yveltal. And whether you have way too much dark or fairy-type moves. Aura Break seems really easy to get around as is, just use a non-dark or a non-fairy type move! :0

But yeah I was mostly talking thematically. Like, Zygarde is the pokemon of order, and balances out life and death in a neutral way by not affecting either of them, but putting them in check with its ability. Chaos pokemon, on the other hand, would most likely be strong against either of them while having an ability that either makes it easy to be taken advantage of or serves only to support itself. Or so that's my theory, anyways.

Their 1.5x multiplier for Dark/Fairy moves becomes -1.5x, they may be hitting it with STAB moves and Super Effective moves, but by all means, Zygarde is only going to get hit half as hard, someone can do the maths here.

Furthermore, looking at this image; http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2013/277/2/b/yveltal_stats_by_krocf4-d6p7jyh.png
It says, "Powers up each Pokemon's Dark/Fairy type moves".
Whether this is a party-wide effect (on both yourself and the opponent) should you have Xerneas/Yveltal in your party hasn't been stated, or whether it only applies to Xerneas/Yveltal (in play) and it's opponent (in play).

Should Dark/Fairy Aura apply to every member of the party/parties should a Xerneas or Yveltal be present in the party, then that means that Zygarde's ability could cripple any team using Dark/Fairy Aura, reducing them to a dribbling mess.

__

By all means, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the idea that I pull from Zygarde's ability saying "reverses", and Yveltal/Xerneas' abilities saying "each Pokemon".
  • I don't believe we know the multiplier for Fairy Aura.
  • It could be a reverse addition (subtraction), which would be -50%, sure. It could also be a reversed (or rather, inversed) multiplier, which be -33% instead. Game Freak usually prefers multipliers over adding another term, but that's not absolutely.

Correct me if I'm wrong here. Assuming the auras have a 1.5x boost:
Regular Super Effective = 2x damage
Regular STAB Super Effective -> 1.5 x 2 = 3x damage
Aura Boosted STAB Super Effective -> 1.5 x 1.5 x 2 = 4.5x damage
Aura Reversed Super Effective -> 2 / 1.5 = 1.3x damage
Aura Reversed STAB Super Effective -> 1.5 x 2 / 1.5 = 2x damage (which is what a non-STAB move would normally do.)

So assuming Zygarde's ability reverses the auras, Xerneas and Yveltal just lose STAB against Zygarde, would still probably hurt. Assuming this applies to everyone in the party, basically anything that uses Fairy/Dark STAB just loses it. This would only really affect anything that isn't a Fairy/Dark type using moves of those types.

I'm assuming that when either X/Y or Z dies, everything should go back to normal though.

Slurpuff staaaaats!

:c :c :c

Who knows it could secretly be awesome. Like uh...

a Pokemon that looks very underwhelming but actually has powerful stats!

(help me out here)
Magic Guard/Magic Bounce, anyone? Also, to me, they really should have given you a normal exp share in the middle of the game and waited until later to give you the exp. all one. I think no exp. share or mega stones will become almost mandatory nuzlocke rules this gen.

Been lurking here for the past week, hungry for leaks.. Just wanted to throw you guys a pointed question.

If Aegislash uses King's Shield, would a Pokemon using Feint be able to get past it? (This is assuming that said Pokemon has already used Foresight or something to that effect.) Would the same likely be true for Spiky Shield or the other new Protects? Just wondering in case I ever come up against an Aegislash in game and don't have a hard counter to it.

ooh, I'm a Darmanitan.
Guess they weren't kidding when they said things were going to be more viable. Still, Feint is a bit dangerous if the effects still activate (harsh Attack decrease or Spiky Shield damage), so it may be less viable depending on what actually happens with the attacks. More information will be needed to see the viability for Feint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)