Friend Safari IRC Channel and Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Enter your Safari data: http://goo.my/safari [FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!] | Safari data list: http://goo.my/fclist

Only enter your information if you know all of it (type/all three Pokémon). Make sure you follow the directions regarding formatting.

Do not post your FC in this topic. Use the IRC channel or the spreadsheet and PMs to exchange friend codes or to find someone with the appropriate Pokémon.

Once you have exchanged FCs with someone who has used the safari:
1. The zone has an increased chance of spawning Shiny Pokémon.
2. The zone has an additional Pokémon added to it.
3. The zone has a chance of spawning Pokémon with hidden abilities.

Friend Safari Pokemon have at least two perfect IVs.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
If you add Stellar in this fashion, you can get Moody Smeargles. Sounds good yet? ;)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I am confirming that Xatu returns with Magic Bounce :o

Also: I give out Bergmite, Spheal and Cloyster apparently.

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I put my Friend Code there (none of my IRL friends play lol) so someone can check what my Safari yields.

Edit: I have Abra, Espurr, and Girafarig'

Edit2: Looks like Pyroar gets Moxie.

Edit3: And Swirlix gets Unburden.

Edit4: Pancham gets Scrappy.

Last edited:
I only found plus, if you throw a staticmon and get a electric safari you can keep searching, but that was like 30 dedenne

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just so you guys know, we are trading codes constantly in real time in IRC (link in the OP). Much easier that way!

I just need some clarification here:

Other than beating the E4 and visiting the safari, what exactly needs to happen in order to be able to find hidden abilities? Do both me and the other person need to be online and playing at the same time like Serebii implies, or is it really as simple as "I add them, they add me, both beat E4 and visited Friend Safari"?

Nah it's as easy as I add them they add me etc. You get hidden abilities/DW abilities from them visiting your zone (unlocking theirs), you don't need to both be online together doing it at the same time. Once you unlock all 3 mons of a Safari, the abilities will also be unlocked.

The best way to go about the FS is to catch yourself a Pokemon with Entrainment (primarily Audino) so it makes it easier to read their ability. She also comes with Nature Power which also packs the chance to put them to sleep.

Nah it's as easy as I add them they add me etc. You get hidden abilities/DW abilities from them visiting your zone (unlocking theirs), you don't need to both be online together doing it at the same time. Once you unlock all 3 mons of a Safari, the abilities will also be unlocked.
As far as I could tell from last night, the other person does need to be online at the same time, but only once, so that your game knows that they beat the E4 and visited the zone.

Also, I added my FC to the googledoc. Please PM me or add a note if you added, and I will add back.
My FC is 4828-3983-7061.
My Pokemon are Lapras, Delibird, Beartic; so nothing too special sadly.

The best way to go about the FS is to catch yourself a Pokemon with Entrainment (primarily Audino) so it makes it easier to read their ability. She also comes with Nature Power which also packs the chance to put them to sleep.
Trace is quicker, ralts can be found in route 4 and a smoke ball in the lost hotel on route 15

Guys IDK where to put this, but I caught a DW Drowzee off someone's Friend Safari, and it's apparently gaining boosted EXP now for whatever reason even though it doesn't have a Lucky Egg attached AND the OT's mine. WTF?

EDIT1: Tested for a non-DW Illumise caught off the Safari. No boosted EXP. Gonna test with an Infiltrator Inkay now.

EDIT2: The Inkay didn't gain boosted EXP. Not sure if the Drowzee's a fluke or what. Gonna try again.

EDIT3: Drowzee gained boosted EXP. Again I swear there's nothing wrong other than the fact that I caught this Drowzee an hour ago. WTF????????????

EDIT4: One IRC chat session and a Scraggy horde later I noticed that Drowzee's EXP bonus is 1.2 instead of the usual 1.5 you'd expect (I've got an IGT Ralts that's well, 1.5x)

Last edited:
Is there any reasoning as too the coloured box of the flavour text in the pokedex?
Do they signify hidden ablilties or am I just reading this too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)