Friend Safari IRC Channel and Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys IDK where to put this, but I caught a DW Drowzee off someone's Friend Safari, and it's apparently gaining boosted EXP now for whatever reason even though it doesn't have a Lucky Egg attached AND the OT's mine. WTF?

EDIT1: Tested for a non-DW Illumise caught off the Safari. No boosted EXP. Gonna test with an Infiltrator Inkay now.

EDIT2: The Inkay didn't gain boosted EXP. Not sure if the Drowzee's a fluke or what. Gonna try again.

EDIT3: Drowzee gained boosted EXP. Again I swear there's nothing wrong other than the fact that I caught this Drowzee an hour ago. WTF????????????

EDIT4: One IRC chat session and a Scraggy horde later I noticed that Drowzee's EXP bonus is 1.2 instead of the usual 1.5 you'd expect (I've got an IGT Ralts that's well, 1.5x)
If you've been playing Pokemon-Amie with it, it will gain the boosted experience that you are describing (after 2 affection hearts? roughly).

Edit: Possibly an O-Power? >_>

Last edited:
If you've been playing Pokemon-Amie with it, it will gain the boosted experience that you are describing (after 2 affection hearts? roughly).
I think I mentioned this on IRC, but just to mention again

i did not touch the drowzee in poke-amie at all (in fact I don't think I did poke-amie at all in this run save for my talonflame... who still has normal exp)

as a note i tested with the illumise, the inkay, a quilladin and a noibat. all four gained normal exp. only drowzee gained the 1.2x exp.

edit: exp share was off. if it helps, that is
edit2: no o powers involved. drowzee has gained exp with my other mons, so you can see the distinction.

Last edited:

i did not touch the drowzee in poke-amie at all (in fact I don't think I did poke-amie at all in this run save for my talonflame... who still has normal exp)

as a note i tested with the illumise, the inkay, a quilladin and a noibat. all four gained normal exp. only drowzee gained the 1.2x exp.

Same with me, my caterpie had this also for no reason.

I'm giving out Tangela, Swadloon, and Quilladin.
Let me know if you wanna add me. Also, I'm eager to find someone with staters, Ditto, and Eevee.
FC:4828 - 4137 - 9567. Ingame name: Marisa♪

Unconfirmed Safari Rules:

1. Each Trainer has a Safari with 2 different mons of the same type. These will be the same for everyone who adds you.
2. A third mon will be added when you beat the Elite Four.
3. Supposedly, Hidden Abilities will only occur when you and the Safari's owner are online.
From what I know you need the owner and yourself to be online to encounter the 3rd mon. Not sure about hidden abilities tho

From what I know you need the owner and yourself to be online to encounter the 3rd mon. Not sure about hidden abilities tho
May be sheer luck, but I actually looked for a Gooey Sliggoo for over an hour. When I logged it, the Safari's owner also happened to be online. Less than 5 encounters later, I found what I was looking for.

The owner and yourself need to be online at the same time to unlock the third Pokemon and hidden ability. After that, you can freely access them without either of you being online.

edit2: no o powers involved. drowzee has gained exp with my other mons, so you can see the distinction.
If you leave a Pokemon unevolved past its evolution level, it gets a boost in EXP.

Reactions: PoJ
You're correct about the 3rd poke. I'll cover everything

Until you defeat the E4 you only have 2 pokemon, afterwards you have 3 but the unlock the 3rd u both have to be online fterwards its always here
according to serebii Hidden abilitys are only available while the player is online.
Friend safari pokes have a minimum of 2 max IV's

I'm done alot of farming already in this game. While new to the competitive scene. Using the friend safari for egg groups with a guaranteed 2 max IV's is pretty juicy. What's more if he pokemon you're acctually looking for is there breeding a Ralts with the nature your after and using synchronize makes it much easier, caught 9 abra's and 1 had max HP/Satk/Spd IV's

I'm still struggling to understand how to breed 3 IV's with nature properly. I understand it all but getting 2 IV's and a nature on 1 while only being able to use 1 Power item and everstone. Sorry went off topic :P

Last edited:
Supposedly, the Friend Safari also has an increased Shiny rate. Idk, but I've encountered 2 shinies so far (Butterfree and Gabite) within 48 hours. Encountered none outside the Safari, btw.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Once again, do not post your FC in this topic. Use the IRC channel or the spreadsheet and PMs to exchange friend codes or to find someone with the appropriate Pokémon.

You're correct about the 3rd poke. I'll cover everything

Until you defeat the E4 you only have 2 pokemon, afterwards you have 3 but the unlock the 3rd u both have to be online fterwards its always here
according to serebii Hidden abilitys are only available while the player is online.
Friend safari pokes have a minimum of 2 max IV's

I'm done alot of farming already in this game. While new to the competitive scene. Using the friend safari for egg groups with a guaranteed 2 max IV's is pretty juicy. What's more if he pokemon you're acctually looking for is there breeding a Ralts with the nature your after and using synchronize makes it much easier, caught 9 abra's and 1 had max HP/Satk/Spd IV's

I'm still struggling to understand how to breed 3 IV's with nature properly. I understand it all but getting 2 IV's and a nature on 1 while only being able to use 1 Power item and everstone. Sorry went off topic :P

I've been seeing both hidden abilities and third pokemon from off-line people. But I dunno. Feels like I'm looking into some sort of mysterious hidden box. Blah.

I can confirm that you don't both need to be online to get the third Pokemon or hidden abilities. As long as you've both been online at the same time once before, you're good.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Just to let you guys know, please double check who you are adding on the spreadsheet!

Someone has sorted names and types SEPERATELY so now the first column DOES NOT LINE UP with the rest of the spreadsheet! I think the second line onwards is fine regarding to type, but the smogon names are now not aligned with the names of people ingame... PLEASE BE AWARE.

Just to let you guys know, please double check who you are adding on the spreadsheet!

Someone has sorted names and types SEPERATELY so now the first column DOES NOT LINE UP with the rest of the spreadsheet! I think the second line onwards is fine regarding to type, but the smogon names are now not aligned with the names of people ingame... PLEASE BE AWARE.
So all we have to do is to change the smogon name to ours?

Got a question about the 3rd poke.

If a friend is my friend, but does not have pokemon, can I put a catridge into his 3DS that has beaten the elite 4, go online at the same time as him and from then on have his 3rd unlocked?

I noticed in the locked thread, if you wipe your 3ds to get a new code, you can double up with yourself, I assume this could work then, but has anyone tried it?

Got a question about the 3rd poke.

If a friend is my friend, but does not have pokemon, can I put a catridge into his 3DS that has beaten the elite 4, go online at the same time as him and from then on have his 3rd unlocked?

I noticed in the locked thread, if you wipe your 3ds to get a new code, you can double up with yourself, I assume this could work then, but has anyone tried it?
Yes you can, as long as you're using two carts that are both post-E4.

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just posting this here in case this guy comes into the channel again... (he used a pre-generated nick from the web irc client)

If someone with the DS name of "vivi" initiates a trade with you, you'll likely get duped. Gave him a 5x 31 IV Gastly for some really low IV'd breeding trash.

Just posting this here in case this guy comes into the channel again... (he used a pre-generated nick from the web irc client)

If someone with the DS name of "vivi" initiates a trade with you, you'll likely get duped. Gave him a 5x 31 IV Gastly for some really low IV'd breeding trash.
What were you doing trading a quint-flawless Pokemon to a random stranger in the first place?

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What were you doing trading a quint-flawless Pokemon to a random stranger in the first place?
Have plenty to spare. Also, everyone up until now has been really honest, so I jump at the chance to trade my breeding leftovers for someone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)