Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday i saw that some old pokemon got a small boost to one of their base stats, one of them is Nidoking, he got a +10 on his base attack. As a Nidoking user i was wondering if it would be worth it to use a physical Sheer Force + Life Orb set, with the elemental punches, poison jab and earthquake. I did some damage calculations myself, but the special set does 2-4% more damage everytime. But there must be a reason why GF updated Nidoking's attack instead of his special attack. I hope someone can help me out ;)

A link to the updated base stats:

http://www.serebii.net/xy/updatedstats.shtml
You could possibly run a mixed set.

You could possibly run a mixed set.
When i think of a mixed set i assume i should ev train attack and special attack, won't that hurt my speed?

And besides that, is there any information about the elemental punches being included in pokemon x and y?

Thanks in advance

What is a good Bulky Hard-Hitter/Defence Tank to be paired with this Goodra.

Goodra @ Assualt Vest - Modest
252 HP - 252 SpA - 4 Def
~ Draco Meteor
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Blast
~ Sludge Wave

The random EQ is there for Heatran, because even with out EVs and Bad Nature it still leaves a dent in Heatran (Maybe a Quiet Nature should be used because Goodra isnt Out-Speeding anything anytime soon XD)

When i think of a mixed set i assume i should ev train attack and special attack, won't that hurt my speed?

And besides that, is there any information about the elemental punches being included in pokemon x and y?

Thanks in advance
Your speed should be fine, try checking Nidokings page for an idea of what you should use regarding EV's. That's if they have a mixed set there.

So I am resetting Xerneas with a modest ralts and after a couple of hours I find one with perfect IV:s in all but HP (18-19)
Keep trying?
How big of an impact does hp have?

Is there any good alternative to Bounce for Gyarados? And would Bulky or Offensive DD work better in it's absence?

I haven't been able to test myself, so does anyone know if becoming Electric type after being Paralysed removes the Paralysis?

How can I tell what size Pumpkaboo/Gougeist is? I don't want to mistake it for a different size. And is there a way to breed or catch a certain size?
If you've only ever caught one, then your Pokedex will only register that size (I think). However, the other bet is to catch multiple that you think are differently sized and just compare them side by side.

So with Pain Split unavailable, what set would you recommend as a set until then on Rotom-W
Well, it depends on what you want the Rotom to do. I think a fun set might be a Trick Scarfer, where you run something maybe like:

Timid Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trick
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Hidden Power/Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave/Will-O-Wisp/whatever tickles your fancy.

Where you hold on to your Scarf to keep a surprise boost of speed that might give you an advantageous hit, and once its served its purpose you Trick the Scarf away to hopefully cripple a supporter Pokemon.

What does a flawless breed mean? 6 31 IVs, or does it mean when you get 5 31 IVs?
I think it can mean both things. I've heard people refer to 31/31/31/x/31/31 as flawless since Special Attack is irrelevant, but I guess it depends on the person using the term.

Is there a thread/post somewhere about a good battle maison team?
There is a thread for discussion over at Orange Islands.

I haven't been able to test myself, so does anyone know if becoming Electric type after being Paralysed removes the Paralysis?
It does not. Pokemon that become Poison, Steel, and Fire types remain poisoned and burned as well.

If you've only ever caught one, then your Pokedex will only register that size (I think). However, the other bet is to catch multiple that you think are differently sized and just compare them side by side.
The pokedex keeps track of all 4 sizes and you can switch between them (and, get side-by-side modeling i believe) by hitting the second button on the page
e: Provided you've seen them.

The smallest size is the most obvious to me. It's absolutely tiny. I haven't seen Jumbo/Super size but Large is big as-is so you might need to catch a few until you get an idea

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Super size has a slightly different cry than the other sizes of Pumpkaboo, so you'll know it when you find it (unless you're dumb and play with the sound off).

Sorry if this question has already been answered,

What exactly does Ability Capsule do? I know it switches between a pokemon's abilities, but does it include dream world abilities?

Sorry if this question has already been answered,

What exactly does Ability Capsule do? I know it switches between a pokemon's abilities, but does it include dream world abilities?
It does not. So, for instance, you could switch between Sand Rush and Sand Force Excadrill, but you couldn't switch to Mold Breaker.

It does not. So, for instance, you could switch between Sand Rush and Sand Force Excadrill, but you couldn't switch to Mold Breaker.
wow I wish I had that before I chain bred excadrill like 100000 times to get adamant AND sand rush in b/w

Still kind of lame that dream world abilities aren't going to be a little more legally commmon

I have never engaged in proper breeding/flawless parenting etc. before.

Is there a step-by-step guide to tell me how to do it in XY?

And approximately how long does the process take to get one flawless target pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)