Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never engaged in proper breeding/flawless parenting etc. before.

Is there a step-by-step guide to tell me how to do it in XY?

And approximately how long does the process take to get one flawless target pokemon?
I just recently got into breeding as well, and this helped me out greatly. TheMantyke covers IV breeding very well, and its a good start for beginners in my opinion. I've already bred 2 Penta-Perfect Pokemon thanks to this guide. It took me about 2 boxes of Magikarp to get 5 perfect IVs and the correct nature, and about the same time for my Honedge. So probably around 8 hours or so if you're a bit of a slacker like me. It also depends on what items you have access to (Power items, Everstone, Destiny Knot, Friend Safari Dittos).
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/breeding-perfect-pokemon-in-pokemon-x-y.3491104/

Is suicide lead entrainment durant good in battle maison?
I mean, i need both it and a hazard user to break sash, which leaves me with only one sweeper.
Also should i give it sash or scarf if i were to use it (=is 109+ scarf user/quick claw ohko more common, or is prankster/109+ taunt more common?)

How have has dragagle been confirmed, because it doesn't appear on the friend safari list, so is it even possible to get in-game yet, and if does any one have one?

How have has dragagle been confirmed, because it doesn't appear on the friend safari list, so is it even possible to get in-game yet, and if does any one have one?
No player can have one yet, but if you participate in the Battle Maison, many of the in game trainers use hidden ability Pokemon, which included Adaptability Dragalge.

I recently posted a similar question, it was about Nidoking and his now 102 base attack stat. On a 0def/0sp.def target with a neutral nature etc, the special sheer force+life orb set (boltbeam, earthpower etc) still does more dmg than the physical set (elemental punches, poison jab etc), around 2-4% more, but i keep thinking that GameFreak boosted Nidoking's attack for a reason. So, would it be better to use a special or a physical Nidoking? and why?

(I don't want to run a mixed set btw)

Thanks in advance ;)

If i breed a rapidash with megahorn with a female absol, will the resulting absol babies be capable of passing down megahorn, or will only a rapidash pass down megahorn? (update breeding mechanics question)

Just found that you can't protect yourself from a ghost curse any longer. is this new or am i just not paying attention in previous gens?

Breeding question.

So I give Pokemon A with 31/x/31/x/x the power item for HP, and give Pokemon B with x/31/31/x/x/x the power item for Def. Why is it that I'm getting off spring with only x/x/31/x/x/x? Does the power item only ensure that one of the parent's IV's in that category will pass? I'm trying to hatch a father to breed Mawile, and this snag has been bothering me.

I was wondering if anyone knew a good EV spread for a Zygarde with a Jolly nature?

Breeding question.

So I give Pokemon A with 31/x/31/x/x the power item for HP, and give Pokemon B with x/31/31/x/x/x the power item for Def. Why is it that I'm getting off spring with only x/x/31/x/x/x? Does the power item only ensure that one of the parent's IV's in that category will pass? I'm trying to hatch a father to breed Mawile, and this snag has been bothering me.
The Power Items don't guarantee that the stat is passed down. There's still a chance that the stat will be randomly picked.

The Power Items don't guarantee that the stat is passed down. There's still a chance that the stat will be randomly picked.
Ah well, that's a pain. It had always seemed pretty guaranteed before... I've been breeding 4Vs like a madman.

Ok so i have one last question! I know where to find goomy ( the cute slime ball) but is she better with "hydration" or "sap sipper". Plz help and gracias.

Ok so i have one last question! I know where to find goomy ( the cute slime ball) but is she better with "hydration" or "sap sipper". Plz help and gracias.
I have a goodra myself at the moment, it has hydration, mainly because i can't get gooey yet.

The best ability for goodra is gooey imho, since it's base special defence is already so high. The ability makes other players think twice before attacking you with a physical move, because they will lose speed if they do.

But to answer your question, if i had to choose between hydration and sap sipper, it would definately be hydration, it's great when you use rain dance in your team, and if you don't it is still better than sap sipper i think. Mainly because sap sipper boosts your attack stat, which you probably won't use on your goomy

I have a goodra myself at the moment, it has hydration, mainly because i can't get gooey yet.

The best ability for goodra is gooey imho, since it's base special defence is already so high. The ability makes other players think twice before attacking you with a physical move, because they will lose speed if they do.

But to answer your question, if i had to choose between hydration and sap sipper, it would definately be hydration, it's great when you use rain dance in your team, and if you don't it is still better than sap sipper i think. Mainly because sap sipper boosts your attack stat, which you probably won't use on your goomy
Ok that makes sense. Also one more question. Most of my team are female pokemon. Is there a difference between male and females when it comes to battling and is one stronger than the other or no???

Ok that makes sense. Also one more question. Most of my team are female pokemon. Is there a difference between male and females when it comes to battling and is one stronger than the other or no???
No, there is absolutely no difference between them stat wise ;)

The only reason to worry about genders is your personal preference ;)

For example.. i can't stand male gardevoirs :p

Ok because the only male i have is my goat and my pidgy.Everyone else is a girl. But i love my goat (skiddo) and pidgy they are toooo cute<3

Well Meowstics have differences between genders..Like the Male one is more of a defensive variant and the female one is more offensive... :)

Well Meowstics have differences between genders..Like the Male one is more of a defensive variant and the female one is more offensive... :)
Yeah you've got a point there ;)

Some pokemon have unique gender differences, but those pokemon usually have different forms based on the gender, so it's relatively easy to spot

Thank you for pointing that out GarchompPit ;)

Omg Okkk so thats what i was worrying about!!!!! What other pokes does this apply to that you know of?????
The only differences that genders can make are things like into what kind of pokemon they can evolve, for example, you can only get a gallade when your kirlia is male and you use a dawn stone on it. and nidoran male becomes nidoking, nidoran female becomes nidoqueen etc.

But as far as i know the only pokemon of the same species with stat differences between genders is meowstic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)