Speed Tiers List (courtesy of Mekkah's magic numbers)

Any chance that we could get some "-pers" entries, for those slow pokes that go for - Speed natures, like Swampert/Brozong and the like?

Thought I'd suggest adding Jolly Pikachu. Now that people have easy to get Light Balls from PBR, I suspect some people breeding for Volt Tackel +Speed Nature Pikachus.
Good idea. Pikachu is 90 speed, so I've simply listed his name with the other (90)s.

Any chance that we could get some "-pers" entries, for those slow pokes that go for - Speed natures, like Swampert/Brozong and the like?
I've added Mixpert, because he is specifically a -nature build. I also added -nature, 0IV Bronzong.

I want to add more trick roomers, but only really common ones (since trick room isn't very common itself, yet). If people could list others/point me in the right direction, I might find some more to add.

WOW!!

Is this EVER useful. With this, I can see exactly where common threats stop, start, etc.

With this, I won't need to just max speed out on a Pokemon that doesn't need to be outrunning 'soandso' Pokemon. I'll be using this quite intently in the future, it'll allow me to invest in some HP or Defense if my Pokemon's Speed doesn't need to be maxed out so it can outrun a Pokemon it'll never battle.

Ex: My 'Water' Pokemon doesn't need max speed if it can outrun a 'Fire' Pokemon at only 184 Speed IVs. Any more Speed EVs mean that it'll be outrunning Pokemon such as a 'Ghost' Pokemon and a 'Normal' Pokemon that it will likely never be battling.

The only thing better than this would be a downloadable calulator where you can input the Pokemon, IV, and Speed EVs and compare it to common Standard Pokemon and at which speeds they are in.

I reccommend putting this into logarithmic tiers like Dragon Tamer did in the Max HP * Def thread. That would help remove the endlessness this might look like. It also gives reasonable groupings, not arbitrary human ones.

How about Infernape with Choice Scarf? I got the jump on a few unsuspecting Gengars with Flare Blitz using Choice Scarf. Please include neutral nature and speed increasing natures. This is a helpful list; good job! :)

Do these:

• 538 - CS 252 Aerodactyl (130)
  • 523 - CS 252 Weavile (125)
  • 478 - CS 252 Gengar, Tauros, Espeon (110)
have a nature boosting speed also??

and how about

475 - Motor Drive +nature/252 Electivire (95)

with a choice scarf?

How about a CS Scizor?
At 65 base speed, Scizor rarely runs a speed nature, and never runs max speed EVs. If the rare trainer really wanted to run a Choice Scarf Scizor, he could make it hit whatever certain (non-standard) speed he wanted before the Scarf. It would never be a target (at 376 speed) that other trainers would want to overcome to avoid in the standard metagame.

(Though, 376 outruns a surprising amount of stuff... nice surprise there!)

If it becomes common, I'd add it.

I reccommend putting this into logarithmic tiers like Dragon Tamer did in the Max HP * Def thread. That would help remove the endlessness this might look like.
If you could teach me what a logarithmic tier is, I'd be happy to look into it. T_T

It also gives reasonable groupings, not arbitrary human ones.
Actually, the tiers are based exactly on the very strong tiers that were created in Advance generation. 299 was the old breaking point for a ton of pokes, because everything at or below it was perfectly content to be outsped by the "fast" pokes, and almost always ran a non-boosting nature. But everything above it didn't want to be outrun by slower pokes or their fast brethren, and so almost always ran a boosting nature and max speed to be above them.

Garchomp sort of shatters this wall in D/P - you could even call him his own tier, maybe. But the rest of the tiers are still highly intact.

I would venture there's very little arbitrariness to where they are defined.

Do these:
  • 538 - CS 252 Aerodactyl (130)
  • 523 - CS 252 Weavile (125)
  • 478 - CS 252 Gengar, Tauros, Espeon (110)
have a nature boosting speed also??

If you look more carefully, the legend below the list will tell you CS means a pokemon has a Choice Scarf, and 252 means a pokemon has 252 speed EVs and no boosting nature.

Pokemon rarely run boosting natures and choice scarf, as the ones that bother to use scarf are often fast enough to outrun everything important anyway without the nature.

and how about

475 - Motor Drive +nature/252 Electivire (95)

with a choice scarf?

You would never need to list a motor-boosted Electivire with a choice scarf, because firstly, the scarf would destroy Electivire's ability to sweep once it caught a speed boost; secondly, because it's so outrageously fast it's nothing you could ever plan for, even if some crazy fool decided to use one on their team as a funny gimmick.

How about a

+nature/252 Weaville?

How much stat points about does a beneficiary nature add? And for the deducted stat?

Dragontamer said:
I took my own advice and created the exponential tier list. The tier number is the floor(log_1.1(value)) . Essentially, every tier is a group of pokemon that are within 10% of each other's defense*hp value. So the Sweeper Tier for instance contains Infernape, Starmie, PorygonZ and Azelf. All are quite close to each other in defenses
I think that explains it. I'm not sure if you need larger values for this to work though. The other thread had values in the tens of thousands.

How about a

+nature/252 Weaville?
It's in the list. You can find certain pokes or base speeds by searching in your web-browser.

How much stat points about does a beneficiary nature add? And for the deducted stat?
Also, if you look in the post, you'll notice a link to:
http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml

So you can see how many points a nature adds for a pokemon.

I don't want to be rude, but I think it would be most helpful for you if I didn't answer any more questions that are already listed in the guide. You seem to be just asking questions in the thread, rather than trying to put the effort in to find out and learn. That certainly won't get you very far in pokemon. =(

I think that explains it. I'm not sure if you need larger values for this to work though. The other thread had values in the tens of thousands.
Okay, I think I understand it. log_1.1 gives groupings that are within 10% of each other. I did one with log 1.2 that made 12 tiers. Unfortunately, it's pretty random where the separations fall. For example Infernape (108) is a tier above Mismagius (105), and Scarf Heracross isn't in the tier with the other Scarfers. Gyarados (81) was in a different tier from Togekiss (80), etc etc.

This is a pretty useful math function to divide things up in groups of x%, but I think the tiers based on poke's base speeds will be generally more helpful and recognizable to people.

Thanks for the pointer!

Well, that's weird.... It worked almost perfectly on the defense one. I guess speed is more of a solid stat, so the tiers are need to be metagame based.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)