Speed Tiers List (courtesy of Mekkah's magic numbers)

I think putting Choice Scarf instead CS would be better, it makes it seem more professional and lowers amount of confusion with Choice Specs.
Unfortunately, I think it'll take up a lot more horizontal space, and clutter up the visibility of the pokemon names.

If people are confused, the key is directly below the list. Also, it's a speed listing, so it should (hopefully) be very apparent that it's a speed boosting item (Choice Scarf), instead of one that doesn't change speed at all (Choice Specs).

I agree that people should write "Choice Scarf" in other places in general, though.

If possible, please try to use a more eye-pleasing color next time. Or edit it.

My eyes are burning.

Hehe. Making the "tags" colored makes it easier to pick out the pokemon names, thus increasing the readability. Though I agree the color scheme is... random.

If you could pick out some colors that are easily distinguishable from each other yet readable, and make the tag appear fainter (to make the poke names more readable), I'd definitely consider going for it.

How about the use of Salac Berry? Just for the Reversal/Flail/Endeavor-ers >_>

Edit: Just for those who can't learn DD

Yes! I need help with Salac Berry users! I have no idea who they are, because I am noob. T_T

Just start listing them, and I can research whether they should stand out on the list.

Oh, ok then. I see Mismagius on the tier. Sorry for not thinking.
Naw, it was reasonable. In other places where more than one poke shares the same base speed, I usually try to list several major ones. Rapidash, unfortunately, is there simply because he probably won't be a common threat. T_T

How does 0 EV ninjask fare? I hope that it can outspeed everything if I use protect 1st turn, so that I'm left with options on my 2nd.
no-speed Ninjask isn't listed because it falls at the middling speed of 356, which means it gets outsped by simply too much to be viable. So no Ninjask would reasonably aim for that speed.

If you're trying to find where a certain "odd" poke will fall, use [FONT=&quot]Serebii’s D/P Stat Calculator[/FONT].

No love for Rock Polish Rampardos? Focus Sash it, and if it is max speed, after a single Rock Polish would run 472 speed and could still pack 429 attack. I'd imagine that could be a little dangerous.

This is a bit of an odd request, but how much power would a 27 IV (max potential IV for mine, but assuming worst case scenario) Relaxed Bronzong's Gyro Ball be against most standards?

Just a small grammarish suggestion. The everywhere else on Smogon (analyses and other guides) the term Ability is used opposed to Personality. If this is stickied or goes on the main site, it may confuse the less experienced reader.

It might be a good idea to list some weather abusers (Swift Swim/Chlorophyll)... Stuff like Ludicolo and Omastar might kill stuff like crazy (I once killed half an Uber team with a Ludicolo) if you can't outspeed them.

+Nature/252 EVs Ludicolo in Rain: 524
Neutral Nature/252 EVs Ludicolo in Rain: 478
Neutral Nature/no EVs Ludicolo in Rain: 352
+Nature/252 EVs Omastar in Rain: 458
Neutral Nature/252 EVs Omastar in Rain: 418

Neutral Nature/no EVs Jumpluff in Sun: 512 (anything higher isn't outspeedable anyway)
+Nature/252 EVs Exeggutor in Sun: 458

And some more, possibly.

This should be stickied, imo - gets rid of half the threads about what speed they need to outspeed this and that. Needs CS aerodactyl - well, I use one.

Incredible list, awesome work. (This thread needs to be stickied)
As for things to add:
some salac users- charizard, lucario, linoone, hipmonlee (not sure about this one)
Quick feet Ursuang
Swift Swimmers, Kingdra impaticluar

Just a small grammarish suggestion. The everywhere else on Smogon (analyses and other guides) the term Ability is used opposed to Personality. If this is stickied or goes on the main site, it may confuse the less experienced reader.
I'm torn about this one... if I did change it, it would become +nature/252 for the tag, which takes up noticeably more space than simply +pers/252.

=/ Actually, it's not much more. I think you've convinced me, sir!

It might be a good idea to list some weather abusers (Swift Swim/Chlorophyll)...
Omastar, Jumpluff, and Exeggutor aren't likely to be common threats, so I'm going to have to trim them.

I wanted to add Ludicolo and Kingdra, but Swift Swim is two speed boosts, so they're both fast enough in the rain to hit whatever the hell speed they want to - most likely they'll settle for 202/404 and other Rock Polish/DD standards that are listed already.

I don't see them ever consistently adding 252 EVs in speed, making those not viable for putting on this list. I did add Swift Swim Ludicolo as a build note at 202, though.

Incredible list, awesome work. (This thread needs to be stickied)
As for things to add:
some salac users- charizard, lucario, linoone, hipmonlee (not sure about this one)
Quick feet Ursuang
Swift Swimmers, Kingdra impaticluar
Added Charizard and Lucario. Quick Feet +nature/252 Ursaring lucked out and got his very own entry.

See above note about Swift Swimmers.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
no-speed Ninjask isn't listed because it falls at the middling speed of 356, which means it gets outsped by simply too much to be viable. So no Ninjask would reasonably aim for that speed.
Ninjask outspeeds everything after the first turn it comes out due to Speed Boost anyway. Maybe you want to beat Weavile just in case, but it's mostly a non-factor for Ninjask.

You should post this list in the DP resources thread, as its going to get lost to the void otherwise.

As for Ninjask, Protect will get it all the speed it needs.

Thought I'd suggest adding Jolly Pikachu. Now that people have easy to get Light Balls from PBR, I suspect some people breeding for Volt Tackel +Speed Nature Pikachus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)