Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a Pokemon that resist Flying and Ground attacks under Gravity's Effect?
If not, what pokemon that resist one of them and is Neutral to the other (Hopefully not that won't fail)
That's not possible, sadly. All types that resist flying are weak to ground.

As far as 1 weakness goes, I think Rotom-Mow is just about it. /Facepalm
Nope, that's neutral to both. Sorry, it seems like there is nothing.

Is there a Pokemon that resist Flying and Ground attacks under Gravity's Effect?
If not, what pokemon that resist one of them and is Neutral to the other (Hopefully not that won't fail)
Answering my own Question...
In this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/attack-pair-analysis.3490312/ , there are only 3 type that resist Flying+Ground, but these three resistor lose that in gravity, meaning Flying+Ground in Gravity hit everything Neutrally.

My Question now is what pokemon have a strong Ground+flying Moveset? (landorus-T has a strong earthquake, but only has fly (negated by gravity) and Hidden Power Flying (probably a waste of Hidden Power). Gliscor seems to be the best STAB-er of Flying+Ground. what other non-double stab Pokes are good Flying+Ground Attack Users?)

Answering my own Question...
In this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/attack-pair-analysis.3490312/ , there are only 3 type that resist Flying+Ground, but these three resistor lose that in gravity, meaning Flying+Ground in Gravity hit everything Neutrally.

My Question now is what pokemon have a strong Ground+flying Moveset? (landorus-T has a strong earthquake, but only has fly (negated by gravity) and Hidden Power Flying (probably a waste of Hidden Power). Gliscor seems to be the best STAB-er of Flying+Ground. what other non-double stab Pokes are good Flying+Ground Attack Users?)
Mega Pinsir appreciates Gravity, but doesn't need it because there's not much that resists both in the first place. Aerodactyl is 2HKOed by an unboosted Aerilate Return and is not a very good switch-in. Rotom-W is 2HKOed by a +2 Aerilate Return and cannot OHKO back without heavy investment, which would just make it less able to take Return. Also, if Pinsir stays unevolved and uses Earthquake, its Mold Breaker lets it 2HKO Rotom-W that way. Skarmory is the only thing I can think of that would it be helpful against, but +2 Aerilate Return still 2HKOes 40% of the time while (after SR) Brave Bird does not OHKO from Skarmory.

Can you ONLY find hidden abilities in the friend safari when your friend is online? Or, can you find those hidden abilities after they sign offline if you had already in the past found those hidden abilities when they were online?

Can you ONLY find hidden abilities in the friend safari when your friend is online? Or, can you find those hidden abilities after they sign offline if you had already in the past found those hidden abilities when they were online?
You only need to be online at the same time once. Both of you also need to have beaten the game.

You have to treat Mega Pinsir like gen 5 Haxorus. You don't switch into Gen 5 Haxorus. Pinsir also can't switch into anything either, so if one pokemon faints you can bring in something like rotom-W or Talonflame to OHKO him or force a switch.

So I am making a team for Cart, for singles play I guess. I can easily breed up a bunch of mons and get previous gen ones to pass down moves if I need. But pretty much no event mons, or past gen move tutors ( so no knock off conk for example ). I was thinking of a bulky sand offensive team, could anyone help me out?

Currently I have:

Tyranitar w/ Sand Stream
Garchomp w/ Sand Veil
Rotom-Mow w/ Levitate

Yeah I'm not very good at this, any help would be lovely.

That's not possible, sadly. All types that resist flying are weak to ground.

As far as 1 weakness goes, I think Rotom-Mow is just about it. /Facepalm
Nope, that's neutral to both. Sorry, it seems like there is nothing.
You're not going to get a resist for both, but Mega Aggron might fit the bill if you're looking at walling those two types physically. He resists Flying and has enough defense (and Filter) that even the biggest, baddest Earthquakes in the game don't hurt him that badly.

252+ Atk Choice Band Sand Force Landorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Filter Mega Aggron in Sand: 243-288 (70.6 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

ScarfChomp only gets a 3HKO. Jeez.

That said, a special attacker (including a Specially-oriented Landorus) will blow the Mega Aggron to bloody chunks, so be careful.

Can someone explain speed tiers to me? No matter how many times I read the charts provided by smogon, it still makes no sense to me.

What would be the best way to Evolve a Hitmontop? I am thinking of running one, so how would I do it with an Impish Nature? EV Train in Atk, and then use a Berry Shake?

90% of the games I lose are simply due to getting crushed by megas.

I struggle with char Y but can generally deal with it.
I have talonflame in my team solely to deal with M pinsir/M heracross after repeated bad experiences.
M Ttar wrecks me every single game after just one dragon dance.
I'm lucky enough to mostly play on PO so mega lucario isn't an issue there as he's banned.

How can I deal with them better? What the hell stops M ttar. Why did gamefreak have to add these D:

90% of the games I lose are simply due to getting crushed by megas.

I struggle with char Y but can generally deal with it.
I have talonflame in my team solely to deal with M pinsir/M heracross after repeated bad experiences.
M Ttar wrecks me every single game after just one dragon dance.
I'm lucky enough to mostly play on PO so mega lucario isn't an issue there as he's banned.

How can I deal with them better? What the hell stops M ttar. Why did gamefreak have to add these D:

TTat itself i make sure i have a priority fighting poke (conkeldurr breloom ect).But in an amazing case of you can deal with everything.I use conkeldurr for it as well try this set

Conkeldurr @Assault Vest
Adamant
252 Hp 252 Attack

-Drain Punch
-mach Punch
-Stone Edge
-Ice Punch

so some calculation

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 270-320 (65.2 - 77.2%)
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr in Sun: 297-351 (71.7 - 84.7%)

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 624-736 (209.3 - 246.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Even if you wanted to run secailly defensive you still OHKO
0+ Atk Conkeldurr Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 520-612 (174.4 - 205.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

as for ttar
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Tyranitar: 408-480 (100.9 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Tyranitar: 216-256 (53.4 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Can someone explain speed tiers to me? No matter how many times I read the charts provided by smogon, it still makes no sense to me.
The charts and the tiers are provided so that you have a quick overview which common spreads/pokemon you can and can't outspeed with any pokemon you choose. The tiers are only there to make it more clearly arranged. As far as I can tell, they're arbitrarily defined, so there isn't much more to understand about them. Also, they're mostly moot now anyway since both which pokemon are common and which spreads are used changed greatly in the gen-shift, though they at least give you a general sense on what is fast, how important +speed nature is, etc.

why didn't you ban the ability speed boost instead of banning Blaziken as a whole? I mean you already banned moody so why not ban speed boost as well?

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
why didn't you ban the ability speed boost instead of banning Blaziken as a whole? I mean you already banned moody so why not ban speed boost as well?
I already answered this question a few pages ago:
it's not the ability itself that's broken, it's the pokemon as a whole with the ability. Smogon wants to avoid bans or complex bans as much as possible, so instead of banning a not-broken ability on a not-broken Pokemon that happens to make said Pokemon broken, they ban the Pokemon as a whole. For example, if Blaze 'Kin was allowed in lower tiers then so should non-Drizzle and non-Drought Politoed and Ninetales in 5th gen, since they were obviously bottom-tier NU before they got their weather abilities.

Can anyone help me with some coverage problems I tend to have? What are good checks/counters for:

-Heatran
My god this guy is good. Solid stats, great movepool, and can reliably both run offensive and defensive sets. Is there anything that can counter all or nearly all of his sets? I've yet to see anything that can both take status and solidly tank hits from him. Blissey is only a temporary solution, as she can get widdled down by toxic.
-Aegislash (and other ghost types)
Almost everything I've said above goes for aegislash too, plus it can have almost flawless neutral coverage with shadow sneak/shadow ball and sacred sword. If I get something in safely, I'm good to go, but how do you stop it when it has set up during a switch?

Can anyone help me with some coverage problems I tend to have? What are good checks/counters for:

-Heatran
My god this guy is good. Solid stats, great movepool, and can reliably both run offensive and defensive sets. Is there anything that can counter all or nearly all of his sets? I've yet to see anything that can both take status and solidly tank hits from him. Blissey is only a temporary solution, as she can get widdled down by toxic.
-Aegislash (and other ghost types)
Almost everything I've said above goes for aegislash too, plus it can have almost flawless neutral coverage with shadow sneak/shadow ball and sacred sword. If I get something in safely, I'm good to go, but how do you stop it when it has set up during a switch?
You don't counter Aegislash because it can run so many things. That said, Mandibuzz is the closest thing there is to an Aegislash counter, but make sure you are using Foul Play.

As for Heatran, the best possible counter is in fact Chansey. It doesn't care about Toxic due to Natural Cure and in general can take whatever Heatran throws at it. Failing that, Assault Vest Conkeldurr checks it well, since it can take all of its attacks well and retaliate with Drain Punch. If Heatran uses Toxic on it then that's even better. Rotom-W can beat down Heatran with Hydro Pump, although it is susceptible to Toxic.

If you baton pass a status effect to a Pokemon normally immune to it, such as Paralysis to an Electric-type or Perish Song to a Pokemon with Soundproof, do they "absorb" and get rid of the status or do they keep it?

Icon statuses like paralysis aren't passed. iirc Soundproof only blocks Perish Song being used against it, and won't null out a baton passed one.

If you baton pass a status effect to a Pokemon normally immune to it, such as Paralysis to an Electric-type or Perish Song to a Pokemon with Soundproof, do they "absorb" and get rid of the status or do they keep it?
The following are the only things that are Baton Passed:

• Aqua Ring
  • Block (both on you and your opponent)
  • Confusion
  • Curse (when used by a Ghost on the Baton Passer)
  • Embargo
  • Focus Energy / Lansat Berry
  • Gastro Acid
  • Ingrain
  • Leech Seed
  • Lock-On
  • Magnet Rise
  • Mean Look (both on you and your opponent)
  • Mind Reader
  • Perish Song's Count
  • Power Trick
  • Spider Web (both on you and your opponent)
  • Substitute (keeps its HP)
  • Stat boosts / drops
  • and is also doesn't have immunity if the pokemon baton passed does
The link i referred to was: http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/baton_pass

To add to the above post, Baton Passing Perish Song to Mr. Mime will NOT get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)