Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Update: Hatched 150 more eggs, got that shiny Protean Froakie at egg #135, so can't complain :)

Total eggs hatched: 1450
Total shiny: 4

I just hatched 900 Froakies with a Japanese Female Froakie and my own Ditto. None of them were shiny. I have to wonder if I'm doing something wrong :l
I'm going to try switching my Ditto for a Male English Froakie, but I doubt I'll get anything.
Also: Hi, new user

I just hatched 900 Froakies with a Japanese Female Froakie and my own Ditto. None of them were shiny. I have to wonder if I'm doing something wrong :l
I'm going to try switching my Ditto for a Male English Froakie, but I doubt I'll get anything.
Also: Hi, new user
You're not doing anything wrong. It's all by chance. Though we've recently noticed if you switch out your parents every so often it helps. :) good luck

Hi guys,
I'd like to contribute my findings on here. I got the shiny charm a few weeks back and have been breeding poochyena's. I'm doing batches of 330 due to having 11 boxes empty. Batch 1 and 2 both had 2 mightyena's. Male was german.

Batch 1 - no shiny
Batch 2 - 2 shinies. This 1 had an extra egg and the extra egg just so happened to be shiny :)
Batch 3 - 1 shiny
Batch 4 - 3 shinies
Batch 5 - 2 shinies
Batch 6 - WIP

1,651 eggs hatched.
8 shiny
Eggs #381, #661, #875, #1081, #1242, #1262, #1401 and #1561 were shiny

Batch 6 will be an absol and SPA 6iv ditto
Edited and updated :)

Ok so I contributed 810 to the other thread, but I finally unlocked shiny charm so Im going to start pledging eggs here. My intitial goal will be 3000 eggs, bred in batches of 300 eggs then hatched. I will use Kalos parents ONLY (pentagon). I usually hatch my eggs in random order, so I will state the box they are from but not the exact egg number. I will update shinies as they hatch here, and then enter my results in the doc once each batch is completed.

Batch #1 - 300 eggs
(Complete)
1 Shiny so far, box 7 (181-210)
Jap Goomy X Eng Goomy
No tipping.

Batch # 2- 300 eggs
(Complete)
1 Shiny Box 8
German Noibat X Eng Noibat
No tipping.

Batch # 3- 300 eggs
(Complete)
2 Shinys Box 5 and Box 7
Jap Skrelp X Eng Skrelp
No tipping.

Batch # 4- 300 eggs
(Complete)
1 Shiny Box 10
French M Charmander X Eng Kangaskhan
No tipping

Batch # 5- 300 eggs
(Complete)
1 Shiny Box 4
French M Charmander X Eng F Charmander
No Tipping

Batch #6- 300 eggs
(Complete)
2 Shinies Box 1 and Box 10
Japanese M Gible X Eng F Gible
No Tipping

Batch #7- 300 eggs
(Collecting)
French M Mawile X Eng F Mawile
No Tipping

UPDATED 3/25/14
Updated Batch 6, 2 shinies.

Total hatched:1269
Shinies: 2
Well too bad its a male 4iv torrent froakie and that's pretty bad if you really think about it considering a 6iv and a 5iv breeding. I do have to say it took 125 eggs only :D but i guess i have to go on .

Guys, I just finished my pledge with a not so nice, but at the same time, good surprise: my fourth shiny! I was breeding a 6IV Unburden Treecko (no egg moves) with my 6IV Spanish Ditto and I got a 5IV (missing SpAttack ONCE MORE) Overgrow Treecko. Well, meh. But at the same time, YAY SHINY!

Since I finished my pledge, I think I'll start the second one! 3000 more, what do you guys think?

Eggs Hatched: 3000
Shinies: 4

I've just hit the 3000 mark, still 1 shiny...

I don't suppose anyone has a non ENG Sigalyph or Ditto they would be willing to trade? Not really bothered about IV's, just need more options for parents

Hello everybody, I just signed up, and I'd like to help with the research, I have the Shiny Charm and 6 IV JAP Ditto.
I'll do batches of 50 Eggs until I get I shiny; that means that if I get a Shiny at 204, I'm still going until I reach 250 (Batches of 50).
I'm starting off with these 5 Mons.

1. First batch: ENG Gastly + JAP Ditto (Total: 150 Eggs; 1 Shiny.)
- Hatched a Timid
Shiny Gastly (31/x/31/31/30/31) at Egg #142, my first flawless shiny :D.
2. Second batch: ENG Froakie + JAP Ditto (Total: 750 Eggs; 0 Shinys)
- I went back to Froakies, but dang I did 300 more eggs and no shiny!!!
3. Third batch:
ENG Fletchling + JAP Ditto (Total 300 Eggs; 1 Shinys)
- Hatched an Adamant Gale Wings Shiny Fletchling (31/31/10/31/31/31) at Egg#887, good enough for me :D.

4. Fourth batch: ENG Amaura + JAP Ditto.
5. Fifth batch: ENG Ralts + JAP Ditto.

Total Eggs: 1200.
Shiny Count: 2.
Updated my post. I was wondering guys, I've been collecting the eggs and hatching them as I get them, but I don't do it contiously cause of college, maybe I should try like many of you and just get all the eggs I'm going to hatch and then start hatching each box???

How are you doing it Midnyte??? I'm so jealous of your great success xD
Im not sure really. I think it may have to do with my iv breeding. Since I iv breed along with shiny breed I tend to switch parents alot when I get a higher iv female I like

Updated my post. I was wondering guys, I've been collecting the eggs and hatching them as I get them, but I don't do it contiously cause of college, maybe I should try like many of you and just get all the eggs I'm going to hatch and then start hatching each box???
4got to ask did you want the ice hp ditto? Or did you want me to give it to laturner92 1st?

Question: is it the language setting of the game (set at the very beginning) that determines the language tag of a pokemon? or is it the location set on the 3ds that determines the language tag? I ask because I know 3DS's are region locked meaning you can only play cirtain Cartridges. And someone who lives in Switzerland Told me that they get American games and play in other languages.

I've been using a JAP pokemon for my medusa breeds and the last 5 times my shinies always appeared around the 300-450 egg range. Now I'm using a GER pokemon for the first time and it hass been over 2000 eggs with no shiny. But the person who gave me the parent is from Germany. So if they are Just using English games in German language, then will the parent sill produce the medusa odds?

Question: is it the language setting of the game (set at the very beginning) that determines the language tag of a pokemon? or is it the location set on the 3ds that determines the language tag? I ask because I know 3DS's are region locked meaning you can only play cirtain Cartridges. And someone who lives in Switzerland Told me that they get American games and play in other languages.

I've been using a JAP pokemon for my medusa breeds and the last 5 times my shinies always appeared around the 300-450 egg range. Now I'm using a GER pokemon for the first time and it hass been over 2000 eggs with no shiny. But the person who gave me the parent is from Germany. So if they are Just using English games in German language, then will the parent sill produce the medusa odds?
Does it have the GER tag at the top by the pokemons name?

as far as i know the tag is the game version, when you start the game for the first time you choose your language and can not change it ever again! "mysterious music plays" so i guess thats where you set your game version and put the pokemon on the matsuda train. whould be senseless if they forbid you to change your game language just because the can.

This is the part of breeding with egg moves that I don't like. Have to find a pokemon that knows the move you want then make sure it's in the same egg group. With my luck it never is lol so when it's not and it's the only one you have then you have to find a poke that can know it and is in the same egg group then level it up. I'm going from level 1 to 49 right now :( on level 34. Takes forever without the audino ladies in the battle chateau

This is the part of breeding with egg moves that I don't like. Have to find a pokemon that knows the move you want then make sure it's in the same egg group. With my luck it never is lol so when it's not and it's the only one you have then you have to find a poke that can know it and is in the same egg group then level it up. I'm going from level 1 to 49 right now :( on level 34. Takes forever without the audino ladies in the battle chateau
uhm, i level all my pokemon in the battle cafe things in the big city, i give them the exp eggs and use an o-power for exp.
i then play the 3 pokemon battle with high level pokemon. the lvl 1 pokemon go from 1 too 40 in one go, goes pretty fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)