Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a "bug" per se, but for some reason, when you select RU as the tier for your team in the teambuilder, only NU, LC, and NFE mons appear in the list of Pokemon you can select in the teambuilder. RU mons don't show up at all, which makes building RU teams just by using the list on the simulator difficult.

Well... those are the RU mons :| Not a bug nor an issue nor nothing. It's just that there is no "RU tier" as such, just an unofficial ladder for a RU (beta) format.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well... those are the RU mons :| Not a bug nor an issue nor nothing. It's just that there is no "RU tier" as such, just an unofficial ladder for a RU (beta) format.
I don't think so. Alphabetically, Alomomola should be appearing, but it isn't. I'm guessing it's because it's RU, like magnemite said.

No, the issue is that Pokemon such as Delphox, Tornadus, Golbat, etc that are RU by usage don't show up at all when you select RU in the teambuilder. It doesn't really matter that RU isn't official, the teambuilder should show all mons that are usable in the tier.

No, the issue is that Pokemon such as Delphox, Tornadus, Golbat, etc that are RU by usage don't show up at all when you select RU in the teambuilder. It doesn't really matter that RU isn't official, the teambuilder should show all mons that are usable in the tier.
Wait, why are they RU? Uh yes there is something wrong there.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-116747055

Turn 12, Bannette Mega Evolves but its ability stays into Inmsomnia.
That isn't a bug actually, it didn't get the Prankster because it Mega evolved that turn and the turn order had already been decided. This means that the Prankster won't have taken affect until next turn. It isn't a bug! The priority would have continued normally on Mega Banette if you continued the battle. While it did get Prankster in the middle of the battle phase, the time order had already happened. Similar things involving time order include using Trick Room or Weather Changes + Swift Swim/Sand Rush.

Hello, I have noticed a bug in the Gen 3 OU Beta. As you have pointed out, in later gens, when the user of wish faints the turn wish is meant to kick in, the wish does not occur, however in gen 3 this is not the case. The wish will kick in as soon as the next pokemon comes in. As there is no reliable source on this mechanic seeing as it only exists in gen 3, I took the time to test this on my own cartridge, and learned I was in fact correct. The following link shows a video of how the mechanic works on a Fire Red Cartridge.

Video

Yes this is an emulator, no this is not a hack, if you don't believe me try it yourself. The video clearly shows the damaged gengar receiving the wish AFTER the vaporeon has fainted when it was meant to receive the wish.

This is how it works on showdown.
Dan the Cowboy joined.
qwertz143 joined.
Format:
[Gen 3] OU (beta)
Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokemon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Moody Clause: Moody is banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned.
HP Percentage Mod: HP is reported as percentages
Battle between Dan the Cowboy and qwertz143 started!

Go! Gengar!

qwertz143 sent out Zapdos!
Turn 1
qwertz143: k
NotNeil joined.
Dan the Cowboy: you know the drill
qwertz143: tbolt
Dan the Cowboy: i'll stay in this turn
Dan the Cowboy: yep
qwertz143: ok

Gengar used Thunderbolt!
The opposing Zapdos lost 30% of its health!

The opposing Zapdos used Thunderbolt!
Gengar lost 73.9% of its health!

Gengar restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 2
qwertz143: We are testing a glitch
qwertz143: tbolt again?
Dan the Cowboy: ok to rachi
Dan the Cowboy: yes

Gengar, come back!

Go! Jirachi!

Jirachi lost 35.9% of its health!
Jirachi is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Jirachi restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 3
Dan the Cowboy: tbolt again
qwertz143: para
qwertz143: ugh

Jirachi lost 38.6% of its health!

Jirachi used Psychic!
The opposing Zapdos lost 30% of its health!
The opposing Zapdos's Special Defense fell!

Turn 4
qwertz143: swamp
Dan the Cowboy: oh hope that doesn't mess it up
qwertz143: ?
Dan the Cowboy: yeah i'll wish this turn

qwertz143 withdrew Zapdos!

qwertz143 sent out Swampert!

Jirachi used Wish!

Turn 5
Dan the Cowboy: k worked
qwertz143: eq
Dan the Cowboy: eq

The opposing Swampert used Earthquake!
It's super effective! Jirachi lost 44.1% of its health!

Jirachi fainted!

Go! Gengar!
Turn 6
Dan the Cowboy: and no wish
qwertz143: ok wait 1 turn
qwertz143: just use tb
Dan the Cowboy: ok

Gengar used Ice Punch!
The opposing Swampert lost 24% of its health!

The opposing Swampert used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect Gengar...

Gengar restored HP using its Leftovers!
The opposing Swampert restored HP using its Leftovers!
As you can see, the gengar did NOT receive the wish as it came in. This is not how the wish mechanics work in ADV, and therefore should be changed.

I rest my case.

Last edited:
So, I was battling against someone's Skarmory and every second turn it only took the steel typing into account when doing damage calculations.

I had Cloyster out, I used Icicle Spear, regularly effective.
They used Stealth Rock.
I used Icicle Spear again, but this time it was not very effective. (And I did check, it did half the damage that it did the last time)

Later, his Skarmory (Back at 100% after a roost) was out against my Breloom, I used Substitute.
He set up some Spikes.
I used Focus Punch, they set up some more spikes while I focused, and it hit regularly effective. They had >50% health left.
The second time round, they hit my substitute, and it faded.
And I used Focus Punch, but this time it hit super effectively and took out the Skarmory.

I'm not sure what was going on there. But it appears that the Flying typing wasn't being taken into account.
Sorry I don't have the script from the battle because an update force closed it. Bad timing, I know.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, I was battling against someone's Skarmory and every second turn it only took the steel typing into account when doing damage calculations.

I had Cloyster out, I used Icicle Spear, regularly effective.
They used Stealth Rock.
I used Icicle Spear again, but this time it was not very effective. (And I did check, it did half the damage that it did the last time)

Later, his Skarmory (Back at 100% after a roost) was out against my Breloom, I used Substitute.
He set up some Spikes.
I used Focus Punch, they set up some more spikes while I focused, and it hit regularly effective. They had >50% health left.
The second time round, they hit my substitute, and it faded.
And I used Focus Punch, but this time it hit super effectively and took out the Skarmory.

I'm not sure what was going on there. But it appears that the Flying typing wasn't being taken into account.
Sorry I don't have the script from the battle because an update force closed it. Bad timing, I know.
  • Roost
  • Accuracy -
  • PP 16
  • Heals 50% HP.
  • Flying-type removed 'til turn ends.
I think this is what you mean by Flying type wasn't being taken into account? Not a bug, just how the move works!

• Roost
  • Accuracy -
  • PP 16
  • Heals 50% HP.
  • Flying-type removed 'til turn ends.
I think this is what you mean by Flying type wasn't being taken into account? Not a bug, just how the move works!
Oh! I didn't know that flying type was removed when roost was used. I thought it just removed the immunity to ground type moves. That makes more sense. Sorry.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Gen 3 Wish bug
Do you know what priority this goes along with spikes damage [on switch-in, after or before]? I believe I have fixed the problem based on the assumption that spikes come before wish. If this isn't true, it can easily be fixed by changing a variable.

Do you know what priority this goes along with spikes damage [on switch-in, after or before]? I believe I have fixed the problem based on the assumption that spikes come before wish. If this isn't true, it can easily be fixed by changing a variable.
Yeah Spikes come before wish. Thanks for the speedy reply :)

That isn't a bug actually, it didn't get the Prankster because it Mega evolved that turn and the turn order had already been decided. This means that the Prankster won't have taken affect until next turn. It isn't a bug! The priority would have continued normally on Mega Banette if you continued the battle. While it did get Prankster in the middle of the battle phase, the time order had already happened. Similar things involving time order include using Trick Room or Weather Changes + Swift Swim/Sand Rush.
Oh ok, didn't know that since most abilities take effect instantly on Mega-Evolving. Thunder Wave works similarly too, you don't lose speed on the same turn that you get paralyzed.
Btw, that wasn't my battle, I was just spectating.

Oh ok, didn't know that since most abilities take effect instantly on Mega-Evolving. Thunder Wave works similarly too, you don't lose speed on the same turn that you get paralyzed.
Btw, that wasn't my battle, I was just spectating.
Actually you do lose speed, but the turn order is decided before of that. The immediate change of speed can be seen in moves such as Gyro Ball.

Hey, I ran into a visual glitch in Showdown. It's impossible to legibly reproduce it anywhere else than Hackmons, because it relies on having both the Illusion ability and Transform move.

Here's a replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/hackmons-117095244
EDIT: Take a look at turn 10 and 20

Anyway, what happens is this: I send in my Illusion Blissey. I transform before taking any damage. What happens next is I take damage while transformed. The illusion wears off and I look like Blissey, but I'm technically still the other Pokémon. I just look like Blissey.

For example, using Ghost attacks on the Blissey in the replay would be 2x damage, and Fighting 0x, because it's technically an Aegislash.

Last edited:
There is a problem with speed calculation. My max speed Charizard-Y (not paralyzed & had speed boosted by a ninjask) was still out-sped by a non-scarfed Ferrothorn. FERROTHORN! I know it wasn't scarfed because I was taking rocky helmet damage and it could switch moves freely.

Darnell

Respected.
There is a problem with speed calculation. My max speed Charizard-Y (not paralyzed & had speed boosted by a ninjask) was still out-sped by a non-scarfed Ferrothorn. FERROTHORN! I know it wasn't scarfed because I was taking rocky helmet damage and it could switch moves freely.
Could you provide a battle replay? Unless it was a Trick Room I see no way how this is possible...?_?

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
As far as I am aware, when a pokemon faints, the replacement is sent in immediately, on the same turn as when the pokemon fainted. In this battle, I was able to switch out my pokemon at the same time the opponent sent out the replacement, and that switching happened in a separate turn. I happened to accidentally close the tab I was playing on when this happened, and when I reopened the tab it was prompting me to make select a move even though the opponent had no active pokemon.

Relevant area at turn 4-5
Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-117296266
Log: http://pastebin.com/EqXmzqUV

As far as I am aware, when a pokemon faints, the replacement is sent in immediately, on the same turn as when the pokemon fainted. In this battle, I was able to switch out my pokemon at the same time the opponent sent out the replacement, and that switching happened in a separate turn. I happened to accidentally close the tab I was playing on when this happened, and when I reopened the tab it was prompting me to make select a move even though the opponent had no active pokemon.

Relevant area at turn 4-5
Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-117296266
Log: http://pastebin.com/EqXmzqUV
I'm pretty sure that's normal behaviour and there is no bug.

I'm pretty sure that's normal behaviour and there is no bug.
No, that is definitely a bug. Landorus-T fainted a Pokémon, the other guy switched in Weavile, but before Weavile could even attack, Landorus-T switched to Aegislash and was able to use King’s Shield. That’s 2 turns after fainting a Pokémon, Aegislash switch and King’s Shield usage, without the other Pokémon getting a turn yet, which isn’t normal. And no, there was no Red Card or forced switch into Aegislash that I can see, it was a normal switch on the same turn that he fainted a Pokémon, as if we were in in-game story battles where you get to know the opponent’s next Pokémon and can switch the same turn.

Basically the most popular Blaziken moveset is an illegal combination that is not possible in game. Low Kick (egg move) + Knock Off (Gen 5 tutor) + Speed Boost (Hidden Ability).

In generation 5, the only Speed Boost Torchic was the 2010 Japanese Dream World event, which was male only. Also, males could not pass the hidden ability in that generation. In generation 6, this has changed, but egg move + gen 5 tutor + hidden ability isn't possible, unless I am mistaken somehow.

Presumably this could affect anything that had a male-only or otherwise non-breedable hidden ability last gen that is now breedable, but I haven't tested any others.

Resolved: Not a bug. Thanks anty208

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)