Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah, but... to waste a whole mega evolution on that?

I have evidence megavolutions will be coming back:
in the origins anime Red is able to megavolve his char in cerulean(?) cave. this proves you don't need to be in kalos to megavolve. they could just make the pokemon that get new megavolutions possible to get in z. they could make this possible by doing something like making pokemon transferable only by pokebank.
also maybe plusle and minun can megavolve at the same time with the same stone (maybe light ball).
Anime canon =/= Game canon

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the in-game Pokemon list for RS the most likely Megas are:
- Starters for obvious reasons
- Camerput
- Sharpedo
- Milotic
- Salamence
- Metagross

All these can be obtained in-game. Camerput and Sharpedo for being the signature Pokemon of Magma/Aqua respectively. Be cool if in your final battles with Maxie and Archie they evolve. Mioltic for Gyarados getting a Mega and being Wallace's signaure. Metagross for being Steven's signature. Salamence for being the pusdeo legend of the gen.

Others I'd like to see:
- Flygon
- Slaking
- Glailie
- Walrien
- Zangoose

If we're following patterns then Ludicolo and Shiftry have a chance since they're version exclusives..... or ......... seviper and zangoose.....

Wow, um
I have evidence megavolutions will be coming back:
in the origins anime Red is able to megavolve his char in cerulean(?) cave. this proves you don't need to be in kalos to megavolve. they could just make the pokemon that get new megavolutions possible to get in z. they could make this possible by doing something like making pokemon transferable only by pokebank.
also maybe plusle and minun can megavolve at the same time with the same stone (maybe light ball).
Don't EVER bring up the anime in a game thread

- Camerput
- Sharpedo
- Milotic
- Salamence
- Metagross

All these can be obtained in-game. Camerput and Sharpedo for being the signature Pokemon of Magma/Aqua respectively. Be cool if in your final battles with Maxie and Archie they evolve. Mioltic for Gyarados getting a Mega and being Wallace's signaure. Metagross for being Steven's signature. Salamence for being the pusdeo legend of the gen.

Others I'd like to see:
- Flygon
- Slaking
- Glailie
- Walrien
- Zangoose
I've switched to the opinion that no megas will be released, but IF some were, I don't see sharpedo and camerupt getting one. Putting megas in the story would be a huge violation of Game Freak policy, and if they were to do it, it'd be for something big like Kyogre and Groudon.

Wow, um

Don't EVER bring up the anime in a game thread

I've switched to the opinion that no megas will be released, but IF some were, I don't see sharpedo and camerupt getting one. Putting megas in the story would be a huge violation of Game Freak policy, and if they were to do it, it'd be for something big like Kyogre and Groudon.
so Gyarados doesn't count? Lysandre even cried for it's inevitable death if his plan succeeded

If we're following patterns then Ludicolo and Shiftry have a chance since they're version exclusives..... or ......... seviper and zangoose.....
That makes sense. Personally just not a fan of Ludicolo. Mega Shiftry would be cool though

Version exclusives:
RUBY: SAPPHIRE:
- Seedot - Lotad
- Nuzleaf - Lombre
- Shiftry - Ludicolo
- Mawile - Sableye
- Zangoose - Seviper
- Solrock - Lunatone
- Groudon - Kyogre

I'm the first person to love a good Pokemon story but I somehow don't see them passing up the chance to have Megas in-game. I guess it depends when ORAS gets retconned in the universe. If it's with or after XY Megas can happen.

so Gyarados doesn't count? Lysandre even cried for it's inevitable death if his plan succeeded
It doesn't count as Megas were introduced and important to the story of that game. Since Megas didn't exist in RSE they, shouldn't in ORAS. But most people want them

the boss of team flare has a Mega Gyarados in the final battle...?
I was referring to the fact that Mega Evolution can't be in the R/S sapphire story because in XY, which occurs after R/S, it explicitly says megas only exist in Kalos, it'd break canon to have Team Magma/Aqua use mega evolution. Post game stuff like the match with steven tend to not care, but Game Freak has never broken the canon for the main story before.

That makes sense. Personally just not a fan of Ludicolo. Mega Shiftry would be cool though

Version exclusives:
RUBY: SAPPHIRE:
- Seedot - Lotad
- Nuzleaf - Lombre
- Shiftry - Ludicolo
- Mawile - Sableye
- Zangoose - Seviper
- Solrock - Lunatone
- Groudon - Kyogre

I'm the first person to love a good Pokemon story but I somehow don't see them passing up the chance to have Megas in-game. I guess it depends when ORAS gets retconned in the universe. If it's with or after XY Megas can happen.

It doesn't count as Megas were introduced and important to the story of that game. Since Megas didn't exist in RSE they, shouldn't in ORAS. But most people want them
oh now I understand what he was saying, but if that were the case why would game freak even make new forms for groudon and kyogre and then make it box art. Isn't that technically the same thing if they do become integrated in the plot?

It would make a lot of sense for megas to be in the story of ORAS; as it is the big new mechanic that Game Freak are pushing and whoring out. 'sides, mechanics introduced at a later date have been seen in remakes before. To a much smaller scale than megas, yes, but still.

People there's a difference between the anime and origins. origins can be considered canon since its based on the games. the anime can't because it happens in a different universe. it's cool if you don't wanna accept that as evidence though.

oh now I understand what he was saying, but if that were the case why would game freak even make new forms for groudon and kyogre and then make it box art. Isn't that technically the same thing?
We technacally don't know what they're going to do with the markingmons on the box art so I guess we don't know. New MEgas? New Forms? Only-glow-with-markings-when-pissed-off-about-using-the-wrong-orbs? We just don't know yet
It would make a lot of sense for megas to be in the story of ORAS; as it is the big new mechanic that Game Freak are pushing and whoring out. 'sides, mechanics introduced at a later date have been seen in remakes before. To a much smaller scale than megas, yes, but still.
That's why Megas should be saved for final team boss fights, the champion and the Red-like character if there is one
People there's a difference between the anime and origins. origins can be considered canon since its based on the games. the anime can't because it happens in a different universe. it's cool if you don't wanna accept that as evidence though.
My biggest issue with Origins as cannon is Red speaking. Can handle Mega Zard X but not Red speaking.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
- Camerput
- Sharpedo
- Milotic
- Salamence
- Metagross

Others I'd like to see:
- Flygon
- Slaking
- Glailie
- Walrien
- Zangoose
How about Mega Wailord or Mega Relicanth?

Mechanics? Yes. And there's a 0% chance you won't be able to use mega evolution in ORAS. The problem is that Mega Evolution was an integral part of the XY story. My assumption is that you will be able to use MEvolution, but it will be downplayed until after you beat the champion, at which point you'll get access to a lot of mega stones and people like Steven or Professor Birch will actively discuss it and make it a big deal that it's happening in Hoenn.

How about Mega Wailord or Mega Relicanth?
I guess any Pokemon could get a Mega but I tried to pick in-game signifigant ones and ones based on past choices. Ttar and Chomp got Megas, Salamence could. Stuff like that. The ones on my personal list are just ones I'd think would look really cool.

Wailord and Relicanth are needed in-game to get the Regis so I guess they work in-game in that regard but I don't see why else they'd deserve it. Particularly over Mioltic, Metagross and Camerput/Sharpedo

Mega Evolution was an integral part of the XY story.
It... was? It seemed to focus more on Xerneas and Yveltal. Mega Evolution was just this thing Sycamore happened to be researching and certain trainers had. Oh yeah there was that thing with the tower; how forgettable was that?

Red speaks in the games. Also I tend to assume that Origins is undisputibly canonical.
It's based on the games, mate. Keyword being 'based'.

with all this talk about regis anyone think (mega?)gigas will be available in the post game?

It's based on the games, mate. Keyword being 'based'.
I suppose you didn't see my post about you having the choice to accept origins as evidence.

Red speaks in the games. Also I tend to assume that Origins is undisputibly canonical.
Also does anyone think more red/blue remakes are coming?
The "Yes/No"s could be nodding... Don't ruin this for me man...

It... was? It seemed to focus more on Xerneas and Yveltal. Mega Evolution was just this thing Sycamore happened to be researching and certain trainers had. Oh yeah there was that thing with the tower; how forgettable was that?
Mega Evos were important on the story. If you weren't fighting Flare you were doing something with Megas. They were more mid story than anything

with all this talk about regis anyone think (mega?)gigas will be available in the post game?
Would be interesting to see Regigiggas should be. Makes sense with the Regis. You obtain all three, solve a brail puzzle, have all three and find him in a cave somewhere. Mega might be a stretch though

Regigigas? Yes. Mega Regigigas? No. You'll need the 3 other regis first, and that'll probably require trading though.

I suppose you didn't see my post about you having the choice to accept origins as evidence.
It's not about choosing, it's a fact that the anime (even specials based off the games) and the games have no affect on each other. What it does prove is that Pokemon is ok with the idea that MEvolution can exist in other regions. But nobody was really suggesting that you wouldn't be able to use it at all in ORAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)