Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
doing Furret right now:

Furret --> Mega Furret
Normal --> Normal/Fairy
Ability: Run Away/Keen Eye/Frisk --> Speed Boost
Stats: 85 HP/76 Atk/64 Def/45 SpA/55 SpD/90 Spe --> 85 HP/106 Atk/45 Def/45 SpA/55 SpD/160 Spe
Movepool Additions: Play Rough, Tail Whip, Stiffen Tail (new - boosts attack by 3 stages*)

Similar to how Ninjask and Scolipede work, Mega Furret is going to be a speed passer. With its nicely buffed speed and attack stats, it suddenly becomes the a much bigger threat than it was before, being the tied fastest pokemon with access to Speed Boost post mega (unless Mega Ninjask gets a speed boost and keeps its ability - can't be bothered to check if it exists). Play Rough and Return give it good STAB moves to use and its new signature move - Stiffen Tail - is a physically-offensive Tail Glow, turning Furret into an integral Baton Passer, capable of quickly passing boosts. It has low bulk to balance it out, but it is still a big threat to look out for. The type change makes sense as Furret does look like if it were to get a retype it would be to Fairy, and Play Rough lets it abuse its new typing effectively. It gains Tail Whip as it makes sense for it to get it and Furret lacks it from my knowledge. Speed Boost makes sense as its pokedex entry includes "it corners foes with speed" and it is its only usable stat pre-mega.

*This can be nerfed if it needs to, but I wanted Furret to get something unique and it makes sense seeing as it is the long tail pokemon (and Swords Dance exists for +2 wheras Hone Claws and Howl exist +1).

Since Shuckle has been dropped, can I take Shuckle then?
Sure go ahead.

the OP should be updated with all the mega evolutions I have approved and megas reserved though let me know if I missed one here are my responses to those that need to be retooled.

Jaguar360 Greninja can't get Swords Dance most Mega Evo moves only have use in Mega form Swords Dance is a massive buff to Greninja, Greninja doesn't need sucker punch either it already has water shuriken which is good enough

Thisisafake name Farfetch'd with huge power 95 attack is already really good but when it has over 120 speed as well it can pretty much wreck the entire metagame (excluding Aegislash)

Mew2 Refridgerate is a really really strong ability that gives Weavile a 135 bp STAB move off of an already high 135 attack stat and weavile already on the cusp of being viable in OU

doing Furret right now:

Furret --> Mega Furret
Normal --> Normal/Fairy
Ability: Run Away/Keen Eye/Frisk --> Speed Boost
Stats: 85 HP/76 Atk/64 Def/45 SpA/55 SpD/90 Spe --> 85 HP/106 Atk/45 Def/45 SpA/55 SpD/160 Spe
Movepool Additions: Play Rough, Tail Whip, Stiffen Tail (new - boosts attack by 3 stages*)

Similar to how Ninjask and Scolipede work, Mega Furret is going to be a speed passer. With its nicely buffed speed and attack stats, it suddenly becomes the a much bigger threat than it was before, being the tied fastest pokemon with access to Speed Boost post mega (unless Mega Ninjask gets a speed boost and keeps its ability - can't be bothered to check if it exists). Play Rough and Return give it good STAB moves to use and its new signature move - Stiffen Tail - is a physically-offensive Tail Glow, turning Furret into an integral Baton Passer, capable of quickly passing boosts. It has low bulk to balance it out, but it is still a big threat to look out for. The type change makes sense as Furret does look like if it were to get a retype it would be to Fairy, and Play Rough lets it abuse its new typing effectively. It gains Tail Whip as it makes sense for it to get it and Furret lacks it from my knowledge. Speed Boost makes sense as its pokedex entry includes "it corners foes with speed" and it is its only usable stat pre-mega.

*This can be nerfed if it needs to, but I wanted Furret to get something unique and it makes sense seeing as it is the long tail pokemon (and Swords Dance exists for +2 wheras Hone Claws and Howl exist +1).
Really interesting idea but I don't think I'm going to give megas exclusive moves so sorry but swords dance will have to do.

Mega Beedrill
Type: Bug/Poison >>> Bug/Flying
Ability:Swarm/Sniper >>> Infiltartor
Stats: 65/90/45/40/80/75(395) >>> 65/140/40/55/40/155(495)
Moves: +Brave Bird, +Fly, +Megahorn
So beedrill sucks as it is. The way I try to solve this was giving it an actual job. The new spread mixed with infiltrator means there pretty much no way to safely boost a psychic type, because they're either outsped and killed or try to set up a sub and killed. The spread also helps it in HO teams. The new moves give it some useful secondary stabs and a powerful bug type move. Really not a lot to say. I dropped the special defense because it's not gonna survive a hit anyways.

All in all I think this is a little over kill with the speed and attack, but the defenses are so shitty I think that counters that problem. The new moves might give it a bit to much offensive presence, but it's hard to make a mon like this decent with out breaking it. Not extremely pleased with this one, but it's pretty decent.

As one last thing of note. If we can adjust moves, I would like to upgrade fell stinger's BP to 60.

Starmie

Typing: Water / Psychic -----> Water / Psychic
Abilities: Illuminate / Natural Cure / Analytic -----> Regenerator
BST: 60/75/85/100/85/115 -----> 60/85/125/140/125/85
Moves: + Baton Pass

Traditionally, Starmie has been valued primarily for its ability to quickly spin away entry hazards; it's high speed and respectable special offense have made it an OU staple for over a decade. However, with XY introducing a new method of entry hazard removal (Defog), and increasing the presence of Dark-types in the metagame (ie: Bisharp), Starmie just wasn't cutting it anymore, and subsequently dropped to UU. This theoretical Mega Evolution, however, seeks to remedy this; however, rather than restoring Starmie's status as a fast Rapid Spinner as it was in previous generation, this evolution goes a different direction. Mega Starmie is bulkier and stronger, at the cost of some of its speed. Here's the reasoning behind each of the changes:

Flavorwise, a bulky starfish makes sense; starfish are known for their amazing regenerative properties, hence the Regenerator ability. Mega Starmie, as it is holding Starmite (or whatever the stone is called), won't be able to hold other items valuable for bulky attackers, like Leftovers or an Assault Vest. Additionally, base 60 HP isn't much to be proud of, and because Mega Evolutions don't change a Pokemon's HP, beefing up its defense seemed to be the easiest way to bulk up Starmie.

Starmie's typing, while not the best defensive type, certainly works--Slowbro is a common defensive Pokemon in some tiers, and it shares its typing with Starmie. However, Starmie's Dark weakness still remained glaring; in particular, Pursuit seemed to be a major threat, as because of Regenerator and lack of Leftovers, switching would be the main way Starmie would recover (besides, well, Recover). The easiest solution I could figure out was giving Starmie Baton Pass; while not particularly fitting flavor-wise, the move doesn't have much precedence, either--Pokemon such as Scolipede and Gorebyss recieve it for no obvious reason. Mainly the move went to Normal- and Psychic-type Pokemon, and since Starmie was the latter, the choice seemed justifiable.

As for the stat changes, a speed drop seemed necessary in order for Starmie to function more as a tank instead of a bulky sweeper. The 30-point drop has precedence in Mega-Abomasnow, who recieves a drop of the same size. This, however, gave Mega Starmie a 130-point margin to work with for its other 4 stats (other than HP). This seemed like quite a steep rise, and Starmie was by no means an unusable Pokemon despite its drop from OU. I went ahead and threw away 10 points into its Attack stat, as physical Starmie isn't exactly a common build. Because I wanted Starmie to be a bulky attacker rather than a pure wall or sweeper, I felt a Special Attack boost was also needed; 140 is on par with Mega Houndoom and Mega Lucario, but without the Solar Power support of the former or the Adaptability boost of the latter, making it unlikely that Starmie would become a total nuke. Finally, as "bulky" implies defensive, I split the remaining points between Starmie's defenses, since it had equal defenses before and I saw no reason to alter the ratio.

That's about it! This project seems like a lot of fun. It may take some (or quite a bit) of balancing to level out all of the new Megas, but I can't wait to test this metagame out!

EDIT: I would like to reserve Mismagius next, but it will take a bit of time for me to figure out a good evolution for it both stat- and flavorwise.

Last edited:
Mega Beedrill
Type: Bug/Poison >>> Bug/Flying
Ability:Swarm/Sniper >>> Infiltartor
Stats: 65/90/45/40/80/75(395) >>> 65/140/40/55/40/155(495)
Moves: +Brave Bird, +Fly, +Megahorn
So beedrill sucks as it is. The way I try to solve this was giving it an actual job. The new spread mixed with infiltrator means there pretty much no way to safely boost a psychic type, because they're either outsped and killed or try to set up a sub and killed. The spread also helps it in HO teams. The new moves give it some useful secondary stabs and a powerful bug type move. Really not a lot to say. I dropped the special defense because it's not gonna survive a hit anyways.

All in all I think this is a little over kill with the speed and attack, but the defenses are so shitty I think that counters that problem. The new moves might give it a bit to much offensive presence, but it's hard to make a mon like this decent with out breaking it. Not extremely pleased with this one, but it's pretty decent.

As one last thing of note. If we can adjust moves, I would like to upgrade fell stinger's BP to 60.
Its interesting I think there are enough debuffs in the defense drop and the retyping giving it lots of difficulty switching out to be balanced. There will be no changes or additions to existing moves.

Crawdaunt- Mega Crawdaunt

crawdaunt.gif

Typing: Water/Dark- Water/Fighting
Ability: Hyper Cutter/Shell Armor/Adaptability- Tough Claws
Base Stats: HP 63/Atk 120/Def 85/Sp.Atk 90/Sp.Def 55/Speed 55- HP 73/Atk 120/Def 100/Sp.Atk 110/Sp.Def 100/Speed 50
Movepool: +Focus Blast, +Bulk Up, +Ice Beam
Mega Crawdaunt trades in speed for power, making it play somewhat like physical CroCune, especially with the increased bulk. This set below plays to Mega Crawdaunt's strengths.
Crawdaunt-Mega @ Crawdauntite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Satk
Brave Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Return/Frusturation
- Ice Beam/Bulk Up

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Okay I think I replied to most everyone.... phew

Yeah a speed drop makes sense as DD Zygarde would be really scary and it still makes coil and other Zygarde sets usable

Drizzle Tentacruel sounds good as well.

Looks good as well but I liked normal typing, Normal typing is actually really nice as it allows it to spin on both Aegislash and Gengar (See ya Deosharp XD)

I'm gonna put this in the OP but if you edit your original post with your Megas make sure to Tag me also please don't drop stats such as attack I'm gonna just take some points out of Sp. Def and keep the same spread if thats okay.

I think its fine with just Close Combat as it also gets a buff by getting to use intimidate pre-Mevo

I'm like most all of these with the exception of Mega-Weavile and Farfetch'd as they're both too fast and strong. Thisisafake name Mew2
Okay, I will add Normal type back, if you want to edit your thing then go ahead

There acestriker19 I nerfed farfetch'd's speed (102 is hopefully more manageable)
Choose mega spinda. What have i done

SPINDA

Typing: Normal -> Normal/Psychic
New Ability: Intimidate
Stats: 60/60/60/60/60/60 -> 60/90/90/60/140/20
Movepool + U-turn, Glare, Roar

Purpose: Let's face it, spinda was never good. Even if it got v-create, it would STILL suck. So I completely rethought spinda's completely ugly design and decided that a defensive mon would be pretty nice. Normal-Psychic is a great typing, despite being weak to knock off. It gets the slow u-turn and the insane bulk. Also that thing is ugly. Thus it gets glare and roar. Sorry, but this was the best i could do for this pathetic thing.

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hopefully I do Sableye Justice :S (Gettit? Cuz Sableye in Court, lolol I'm so funny...)

Sableye ----> Mega Sableye
Dark/Ghost (No Change)
Abilities: Stall/Keen Eye/Prankster ----> Rock Eater (idk what else to call it, but immunity to rock, and therefore SR)
50/75/75/65/65/50 ----> 50/115/115/65/105/30
New Moves: Bulk Up, Phantom Force, Jump Kick

Concept: Sableye is normally a quick little WoWer that annoys the hell out of people and can even be seen as cheap sometimes. But Sableye's mega evo takes it from annoyer to Tank. It gains 40 point boosts to it's attack, defense, and special defense (after taking 20 out of speed) means it can actually beat things up for once and can even take a good hit or two. I changed Prankster because with those stats and Prankster, it would just be too much. However we often see in flavor text how Sableye eats gems for nutrition. So I gave it a new ability, which gives it an immunity to one of the most prevalent offensive types in the game. I was considering Magic Guard and even Magic Bounce, but both seemed just to be too much and borderline OP on paper. Not much else to it, I think. Any feedback graciously appreciated.

Glalie ----> Mega Glalie
Ice ----> Ice/Fairy (Glalie does belong to Fairy egg group, believe it or not)
Abilities: Ice Body/Inner Focus/Moody ----> Adaptability (I was/am considering Levitate)
80/80/80/80/80/80 ----> 80/80/80/150/80/110
New Moves: Moonblast, Rapid Spin, Earth Power
Concept: And then there was Glalie, another one of my personal favorites (even before it's cool cousin Froslass was a thing). I picked it large in part to it's balanced stats of 80 across the board, because it'd be a great baseline to develop a mega evo on. To be completely honest, Glalie's only OK role is being a Spikes setter down in NU, but really that it doesn't do that well with the loads of other lower tier spikers, like Cacturne and whatnot. I went with something a bit predicted, but hopefully well appreiciated.
Glalie goes from a frozen Phione to a nice-typed Special Sweeper. It's weak to Fire, Poison, Rock, and Steel (4x) but resists Bug, Dark, and Ice, and is immune to Dragon, four very common attacking types. Ice and Fairy are both pretty fair offensively Although it's designed to sweep, 80/80/80 is not that bad for defenses, meaning it go for a pretty bulky set if need be. I gave it Moonblast for STAB reasons (if possible, we can assume it learns a couple other generic fairy moves, namely Dazzling Gleam and Disarming Voice, I suppose.) Rapid Spin is a bit for flavor-- Glalie has just the perfect body for spinning. Earth Power is a bit more for coverage against steels- But it is also a part of the Mineral egg group, implying it has some sort of connection to rocks/ground.

Vespiquen ----> Mega Vespiquen
Bug/Flying ----> Bug/Dark
Abilities: Pressure/Unnerve ----> Filter (her Combee underlings are her shield)
70/80/102/80/102/40 ----> 70/120/142/80/142/20
New Moves: Knock Off, Drain Punch, Aromatherapy(makes so much sense flavor-wise, dat Honey)
Concept: Vespiquen, once another bug/flying we just tossed aside, now becomes an amazingly tanky bug/dark type 'mon. With Filter, the types that do hit her super effectively (Bug, Fire, Flying, Rock) will have trouble breaking through her 70/142/142 defenses, no matter what side of the phys/spec spectrum they're on. Bug/Dark makes sense because bees are often very defensive, and can be seen as almost evil, not to mention that being queen tends to make you full of yourself and selfish. It will be able to take plenty of hits, not to mention dish them out with base 120 atk. Bug/Dark is alright Offensive STAB, but Vespiquen's only options are Thief, Fling, and Pursuit. So adding Knock Off gives it a nice STAB utility move, which hurts with damage and it's effect. Drain Punch may seem odd, but Vespiquen does have arms, and rounds out coverage. Aromatherapy makes perfect sense, because Vespiquen is a bee, and bees are all about honey. Honey smells nice, and in the Pokemon world could probably cure anything. I don't think there's much to add, really.

So what do you guys think? I tried to make the pokemon pretty good, but not OP or anything. Hopefully I did this correctly and I'm not making a fool of myself :S
Also, May I reserve Yanmega, Drapion, and Claydol?

Last edited:
I can has Magcargo?

Magcargo -> Mega Magcargo
Fire/Rock
Magma Armor/Flame Body/Weak Armor -> Solid Rock
50/50/120/80/80/30 -> 50/60/150/110/110/30
New move: Power Gem

So, Magcargo is a poke I have been trying to use...but failed. It has an...interesting typing which gives it 8 resistances, but unfortunately also gives it TWO crippling 4X weaknesses in ground and water. The ability and stats changes allows magcargo to maybe survive a super-effective attack if it has to whilst doing what it should be doing: tanking resisted hits, either hitting relatively hard back with Power Gem/Lava Plume/Earth Power or Toxic stalling. If HP runs low, Recover. Probably still not OU though.

Edit: Also, if nobody minds I can do Grumpig and Wailord (and Registeel if I can cheat the 3-at a time rule) as well. I have some great interesting ideas for them. Pretty please?

Last edited:
Mega Regigigas
Type: Normal
Ability: Slow Start >>> All or Nothing(The opposite of slow start, this causes your attack, special defense, and speed to be cut down to a third after 3 turns.)
Stats: 110/160/110/80/110/100 >>>110/180/170/110/120/80
Moves: None.

So I wanted to fix Regis obvious problems with his mega. He has a huge upgrade in ability, and his base stats are through the roof. So this may seem extremely broken. However I did take into account a few things when making this. Trapping moves and abilities do exist, and though they are inferior at times, they guarantee that regi is stuck until his drop.

The ability itself is a mixed bag, it helps it very early but the drop off in damage and survivability is large enough that if it occurs, he should be an easy kill. Now the problem I was facing is that he is still very powerful until that point. So the best way that I could think to fix this was by lowering the speed so he could actually be hit and take some damage. Not the best solution but I think it works.

As a general note the drop in special defense instead of regular defense is because it makes him significantly easier to revenge kill.

I had a lot of trouble trying to balance this one. I actually do like how it came out. But if it needs a nerf I think just keeping slow start in place would work.

Also since I've finished these three I'm gonna reserve Ursaring,Octillery, and Torterra.

canno

formerly The Reptile
kk lego shuckle.

Shuckle

Bug / Rock ---> Bug / Fairy
Sturdy / Gluttony / Contrary ---> Natural Cure
20/10/230/10/230/5 BST 505 ---> 20/70/250/10/250/5 BST 605
Now gets Play Rough

Originally I had Oblivious so that it couldn't be taunted, but Natural Cure lets it use Rest and switch out, giving it decent recovery. I think its recovery options are more of a problem than being Taunt bait. Bug / Fairy would show Shuckle breaking out of its shell and reveal a beautiful mon or something. Or maybe he turns into a giant Diamond. Honestly, I don't know, but Bug / Rock is bad defensive typing while Bug / Fairy is much more managable. Play Rough gives it decent STAB. There isn't much to do with the stats though, I could of gone with 255 bulk instead of 250, but meh. 70 attack lets it hurt things kind of. There were some other options I could of went with this, but I am glad with what I have here.

Also can I reserve Samurott, Ditto (lfgi), and Shaymin?

Yes I know I do a lot of Weather / Effect megas but this one is 100% needed. I'm done after this one i promise.

Regice
Type: Ice ===> Ice / Steel
Ability: Clear body / Ice Body ===> Snow Warning
Stats: 80 / 50 / 100 / 100 / 200 / 50 ===> 80 / 50 / 150 / 125 / 200 / 75

Steel typing is to actually give poor old Regice some defensive presence, considering Regice only resists Ice on its own. Snow Warning is to give a good Snow setter. Stats give better mixed defenses and allow for hard hitting Blizzards.

Mega Torterra
Type: Grass/Earth
Ability: Overgrow/Shell Armor >>> Magic Guard(Because of the shell)
Stats: 95/109/105/75/85/56(525) >>> 95/130/ 145/75/145/35(625)
Moves: None
Really becomes a good Pokemon for stall thanks to its ability and above average bulk. The attack boost is so that it can dish out some serious damage. Not a lot to say about this one. Might be OP, I don't really think it is. It's already set up for doing residual damage. It still has problems with any mon carrying ice beam. Not great not horrible.

Keldeo
Type: Same
Ability: Justified ===> Lightningrod
Stats: 91 / 72 / 90 / 129 / 90 / 108 ===> 91 / 112 / 100 / 139 / 100 / 108
Now gets Ice Beam.

Had to kinda burn a lot of points on this one, due to the ability being extremely good. Valor makes Keldeo's lack of set-up irrelevant, since it can get some easy kills and easily sweep a whole team. Also, with the attack buff SD sets aren't dumb.

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright this is my first try going at this, i have some concerns that i stated in my post though. Scrafty and Druddigon will be coming later.

Furfrou
Type: Normal
Ability: Fur Coat
Stats: 75/80/60/65/90/102 ---> 75/120/70/95/130/82 (no h8 for extra special attack plz)
New Moves: Earthquake, Swords Dance, Fire Fang.

I tried to make this a fully defensive mega, but i found it kinda hard to you know *balance* it without removing fur coat, no matter what spread/moves i picked i either felt it would be too viable or not viable enough, so i decided that i'd try to turn mega furfrou into more of a bulky sweeper with priority (non STAB because oh god bisharp priority coming off of this). If anyone has any advice on how i could balance this out more effectively while still keeping the bulky sweeper theme and keeping Fur Coat, i'd be happy to hear it.

Flavorwise i imagine mega Furfrou would probably become a much bigger kind of dog, while its fur becomes absolutely and completely untrimmed, imagine something that resembles like Piloswine obv based off of a wild dog instead of a pig/mammoth.

Last edited:

Mismagius

Typing: Ghost -----> Ghost / Fairy
Abilities: Levitate -----> Etheriate (Increases the power of Normal-type moves by 30% and changes them to Ghost-type; Ghost variant of "Pixilate", "Aerilate", "Refrigerate")
BST: 60/60/60/105/105/105 -----> 60/60/70/155/125/125
EDIT: 60/80/80/125/125/125
Moves: + Moonblast, + Sing, + Hypnosis, + Hyper Voice*
(Relic Song was also considered, but ultimately not included because of its status as Meloetta's signature move; flavorwise, the move would have fit due to Mismagius's affinity with enchantments, and the fact that Relic Song was some sort of vocalization that had a chance of inducing sleep, so let me know if you think I should change this.)

* Mismagius can currently learn Hyper Voice through a tutor, but it theoretically wouldn't be compatible with Mismagius's new moves because of this, so I'm proposing it as a permanent movepool addition.

Unlike its pre-evolution Misdreavus, who absolutely terrorized Little Cup, Mismagius has not made nearly as much as an impact in the tier in which it resides. That's a great shame, because in my opinion, it is very well designed; an ethereal ghost-witch who specializes in enchantments, curses, and hexes. It is in fact this that prompts me to add Sing and Hypnosis to its movepool, more for flavor than for anything else (although I'm sure some would be able to find use for the latter). It is also this that justifies the addition of the Fairy-typing upon its Mega Evolution. Mismagius's dark mischievousness and affiliation with magic makes it a prime candidate for either the Fairy- or Psychic-type; the latter has 2 4x weaknesses, 2 immunities, and 2 resistances while the former only has 2 2x weaknesses, 3 immunities, and a double resistance. Additionally, while Ghost/Psychic will likely be explored in the near future in the introduction of Hoopa, Ghost/Fairy doesn't seem to be coming any time soon, so it was the type I chose for Mega-Mismagius. Naturally, the inclusion of a Fairy-typing begs the addition of a better Fairy-STAB other than Dazzling Gleam, so I also added Moonblast to Mismagius's movepool.

"Etheriate" was how i sought to make Mega Mismagius differ from other quick, strong, Ghost-type special attackers, namely Gengar. Though new moves can't be added, new abilities could; thus, Etheriate became my way of allowing Mismagius to circumvent the fact that the strongest Ghost-type move without some sort of drawback or condition was the 80-BP Shadow Ball. Mismagius was already capable of learning Hyper Voice through a Move Tutor, and it also has a connection with voice in general due to its theme of enchantment. Thus, Hyper Voice would give Mismagius a nice 117-BP Ghost-type move to use against its opponents, distinguishing it from its main competition Gengar.

(For those of you who were curious or didn't figure it out yet, "Etheriate" is from the word "ethereal", meaning "celestial" or "spiritual." Hence, "Etheriate" is to "make spiritual", fitting for an ability that turns Normal-type moves into Ghost-type ones. For the pedantic out there, the mispelling of "ethereal" in "Etheriate" by changing the 3rd "e" into an "i" has precedence in the change from "aerial" to "Aerilate", dropping an "a" in the process. For those of you who could care less how I chose to spell a fictional ability that isn't even real, carry on.)

HP and Attack stayed the same in this Mega Evolution, HP because it can't change and Attack because I wanted to focus on Mismagius's design choice of being an enchantress, and thus focus on her special side. I did throw in a 10-point boost to her Defense, though, just to soften blows on that side a tad. Larger boosts went to her Speed, Special Defense, and Special Attack, with 20-point boosts in the former two and a whopping 50-point boost in the latter. The Speed boost put her just on par with the likes of Weavile (exactly a point behind Talonflame, though), while the Special Defense boost matched her stat to Milotic's (5 less than Mega-Gyarados). The Special Attack boost of 50 points has occurred before in Mega Ampharos, so it has precedence. And though Etheriate + Hyper Voice may sound broken, remember that Mega Mismagius is holding Mismagite (Pokemon with "I's" in their names have problems in naming Mega Stones), and subsequently can't hold any other boosting items. Mega-Gardevior has Pixilate and Hyper Voice, as well as 5 more Special Attack points, and no one is claiming that it is broken.

Since I'm up for a challenge, I'd like to reserve Ledian and Sunflora.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)