Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow Tag... eww it may just be me but Shadow Tag trapping is really uncompetitive especially with a mon with recovery and bulk like Dusknoir I think that something else would be better I really like the moves and stat spread though maybe drop shadow claw and Close Combat and give it iron fist along with drain punch.
Done.CC has been replaced with Drain Punch,Shadow Claw is now Phantom Force,and Shadow Tag is now Iron Fist.BTW,reserving infernape

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
my last 2 megas were added to my previous post
I want to reserve my babby: Liepard

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I'm reserving Ninjask, will edit this post when I'm done.

Ninjask ----> Mega-Ninjask
Bug/Flying ----> Bug/Ground
Abilties: Speed Boost/Infiltrator ----> Speed Multiply: Taunt, Status Inflicting, and Phazing moves have 30% accuracy and this Pokemon gains +1 Speed per turn.
61/90/45/50/50/160 ----> 100/120/70/50/70/190
Moves: +Megahorn, +Iron Defense, +Amnesia
Concept: This allows Ninjask to be the best Baton Pass mega, except for maybe Imanalt's Xatu. It is much stronger than the original Ninjask and can ignore Taunt completely. It also now gets Iron Defense and Amnesia so it has more moves to set up with to abuse new bulk. It is also the fastest Pokemon in the game, even out speeding Deoxys-Speed in this form. Speed Multiply lets it pretty much ignore Taunt, Roar, and Toxic. It is Bug/Ground like Nincada, making it neutral to Stealth Rocks now too.

PUT THIS POST IN THE NEXT UPDATE acestriker19

Last edited:

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yanmega ----> Mega-Yanmega
Bug/Flying ----> Bug/Water (Bug/Dragon is kinda expected, plus the English term for DRAGONfly may or may not translate well into other languages. However, dragonflies are found near swamps and ponds, etc.)
Abilities: Tinted Lens/Speed Boost/Frisk ----> Speed Boost
86/76/86/116/56/95 ----> 86/106/86/146/76/105
Moves: Add Hydro Pump, Surf, Ice Beam
Concept: Yanmega does it's job better now with a better typing and more advanced stats, and a couple better moves up its sleeves. Bug Water are good STABS, and is semi-unique, and it has nice resistances to Ice, Fighting, Water, Ground, and Steel: Four of the most used offensive types. It is weak to Flying, Electric, and Rock, however. With a usable attack stat, Yanmega-Mega can also go mixed, or just use U-turn more effectively.

Drapion ----> Mega Drapion
Poison/Dark, No Type Change
Abilites: Battle Armor/Sniper/Keen Eye ----> Regenerator
70/90/110/60/75/95 ----> 70/110/150/90/105/75
New Moves: Flamethrower (If Geodude gets it, I mean c'mon)
Concept: A super-bulky Drapion that can go mixed in attacking. I considered giving it Levitate, but it just made 0 sense in flavor. Regenerator makes sense because that's what animals do, they regenerate what they can of their limbs/flesh (obv, or arms don't grow back, but our skin does) and scorpions just seem to be that type of animal that regenerates faster or something. With only a ground weakness, 5 resistances to Ghost/Dark/Grass/Psychic/Poison and 70/150/105 defenses, Drapion is a defensive force to be reckoned with, along with it's somewhat respectable offensives.

Claydol ----> Mega Claydol
Ground/Psychic ---> Ground
Abilities: Levitate ----> Levitate
60/70/105/70/120/75 ----> 60/70/155/100/170/45
New Moves: RECOVER
Concept: Claydol, but better. That crappy Psychic typing drawback is removed now, (I imagine Claydol going gray in the eyes) so Claydol can now think of tanking those Electric, Poison, and Rock type attacks, although it is still weak to the very common Water/Grass/Ice attacks. However, with Claydol's newfound bulk and RECOVER (this is just soooo important) Claydol can handle it's own. Not to mention it's now base 100 spatk will help cause some damage. It seems realllly bulky, however it is prone to status and it's attacking power isn't extensive.

I'm a bit tired and it's really late-- If my wording is crappy or I made something OP, just reply and I'll fix it when I can.

Its happening again... PM me if I missed you I'll reply to Iminyourcloset soon sorry

So acestriker19 are Typhosion's stats adequate or should I further change them?
Yeah its adjusted BST is on the google doc you're good (if you want to know if you're mega is approved then look for it on the google doc)

did scrafty, suggestions appreciated :).

Also, druddigon's ability could probably be changed to tough claws with no problem, although i'd probably want to boost its base attack a bit more and take like 20 out of its spa in that case.

Scrafty
Dark/Fighting
Shed Skin/Moxie/Intimidate ----> Simple
65/90/115/45/115/58 ----> 65/100/140/65/140/78

Scrafty's main problems when it comes to sweeping are its mediocre Speed stat and somewhat low amount of power, this mega attempts to remedy that with a combination of minor boosts to both stats and a brand new ability that makes it significantly more threatening: simple. Now instead of occasionally having to set up multiple Dragon Dances to become threatening in a metagame that's very unkind to it, mega Scrafty can easily reach +2 +2 in one turn with simple Dragon Dance and its significantly buffed 65/140/140 defenses and Intimidate/Shed Skin abilities pre mega, then run through the remains of a weakened team, or even the entirety of an unprepared one.

As for flavor, Simple makes perfect sense for scrafty imo, just because of the expression that it usually has, idk, it just looks kinda unfocused/simple minded to me lol. Not to mention the fact that it's apparently bashing its head into things 24/7 according to its pre evos pokedex entries.
Thats super scary and will probably be nerfed as 65/140/140 turns most any mon into set-up bait but I'll put on the approved list just for the lolz. Also added Tough Claws Druddigon with 30 points added to attack.

Mega Mime literally the cutest

Psychic / Fairy ----> Unchanged
Soundproof / Filter / Technician (HA) ----> Prankster
Original Base Stat Total 460 - 40 / 45 / 65 / 100 / 120 / 90 ---> Mega Base Stat Total 560 - 65 / 30 / 80 / 130 / 150 / 105
New Moves: Recover, Moonblast, Topsy-Turvy

Concept: I went ahead and kept its typing because it was just changed this gen, and it seemed excessive to change it again. Prankster is really fitting flavor-wise because that's what mimes do. Stat-wise, I tried to give it mostly boosted bulk to make it more resilient because my concept was sort of an offensive supporting Pokemon that can come in and take a couple of hits and then fuck around with the opponent's team priority Encore, Topsy-Turvy, Copycat, Taunt, etc. It can also support your own team with priority Healing Wish and Dual Screens. You can also use a Prankster Calm Mind set! The new moves I gave Mr. Mime were Recover, which makes plenty of sense flavor-wise and makes Mr. Mime loads better competitively; Moonblast, which every goddamn Fairy should get like seriously; and Topsy-Turvy, which is one of the coolest reasons to use it because you no longer have to rely on shitty Malamar for such a cool move and it makes sense flavor-wise because Mr. Mime is a mime.

The idea of Mega Mr. Mime was just to utilize it as a cool offensive supporting Pokemon. It has a lot of great supporting moves, but its abilities and movepool tend to hold it back. With these changes, it has a lot of potential. Also, there will probably be loads of sweepers and walls in this huge group of new Mega Evolutions, so Mega Mr. Mime will likely be a very unique addition to the metagame. Plus it's cute as fuck.
I think I'm gonna have nightmares about that tonight Q.Q. Everything looks good but the Base Stats will have to be adjusted as it can't gain HP upon mega evolving sadly as theres no precedent for that.

Reserving: Meganium, and Ariados

Ariados

Type: Bug/Poison =======> Bug/Steel
Ability: Swarm/Insomnia/Sniper (Hidden Ability) ======> Fur Coat
BST: 70/90/70/60/60/40 ======? 70/120/140/60/60/40
New Moves: Powder, ExtremeSpeed, Dragon Dance

We All Know Ariados is a Joke mon. it's original BST is lower than some Second form mons and it's fully evolved. It's Only real niche is being a sticky web user that can't be put to sleep in monotype for the likes of Mono bug and Mono Poison

With these changes, Ariados turns into a massive wall, some calcs for reference:

252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Ariados: 242-288 (70.3 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

But then you can just powder in it's face till it dies

Mega Ariados takes inspiration from a wolf spider, hence furcoat, move choices are selected to either fit flavor wise such as extremespeed because it's agile and fast, and ariados is kinda slow (and spiders have a habit of moving very fast sometimes), and powder because wolf spiders can be dusty

Dragon Dance is there just because.... well corphish learns it so why not

Steel Typing and Fur Coat: Ability and secondary typing were chosen to reflect the wolf spiders hairiness, and multiple habitats ranging from woods to arid environments, and rather than just selecting rocks, since rocks will kill bugs irl, I chose steel because steel is immune to sand damage and bugs have exoskeletons

This is a retype btw, I had a much longer break down typed up but my tabs closed and I lost it all :C

Meganium
Type: Grass ====> Grass/Normal
Ability: Overgrow/Leafguard =====> Soothing Pulse
Stats:80/82/100/83/100/80 ====> 80/102/150/83/150/60
New Moves: Wish, Healing Pulse, Seismic Toss

Soothing Pollen: Upon entry into battle Meganium releases a wave of energy that removes all status ailments from the party (So... auto aromatherapy)

When you look at meganium the first thing you see and come to realize is that it's supposed to be a support pokemon. But it does not have the bulk to go along with its typing, and lacks essential moves and abilities to do better than things like Blissey/Florges etc.

With these changes I'm pushing the cleric roll into overdrive. Status effects are the bane of everything's existence, and the amount of options to prevent them are abilities that effect the user only and niche moves (Like safe guard) that don't last very long and require crucial turns (Heal bell and aromatherapy). So here is the exclusive ability I propose for Mega Meganium Soothing Pulse.

Meganium's Biology states: "It is said that Meganium's petals can release an aroma that can soothe anyone that comes in contact with it and can calm aggressive feelings, and its breath has the power to revive dead grass and plants. Its powerful and soothing regenerative powers can even come about by being around it, giving those who stand near the impression of being in a clean and lush forest".

In reality it does that.... to a very meager extent.

The additional moves are there to further establish Mega Meganium's role as a defensive supporter and wall, and give it the ability to fully support crucial sweepers that rely on recoil, are very frail, or become useless instantly in one status move.
Hmm I think Soothing Pulse is really interesting but I actually feel unaware would be better as Meganium can stop a large variety of set up sweepers and set up dual screens in their face.

140 defense fur Coat Ariados seems a little extreme especially with such a high attack I would actually buff mixed defenses drop some hp and defense so it could be an incredible reliable web setter unlike shuckle.

reserving swanna and beartic kthx

Swanna

Typing: Water / Flying -----> Water / Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye/Big Pecks/Hydration -----> Drizzle
BST: 75/87/63/87/63/98 -----> 75/90(+3)/85(+22)/138(+51)/85(+22)/100(+2)
New moves: Hydro Pump
Concept: Think of it as the Mega Charizard-Y of rain. It is that simple.

Beartic

Typing: Ice -----> Ice / Fighting
Abilities: Snow Cloak/Swift Swim -----> Adaptability
BST: 95/110/80/70/80/50 -----> 95/135(+25)/100(+20)/75(+5)/100(+20)/80(+30)
New Moves: Close Combat, Ice Shard
Concept: a balanced version of Mega Lucario
These both look good to me approved

Cradily

Typing: Rock / Grass -----> Rock / Grass
Abilities: Suction Cups / Storm Drain -----> Water Absorb
BST: 86/81/97/81/107/43 -----> 86/111/127/111/127/33

Ah, Cradily, the oft-overlooked Sandstorm special wall. Decent Rock/Grass typing, excellent Special Defense in sand, and a cool design. Looking at its stats, Cradily is actually rather balanced overall, save for its abysmal speed. I wanted to carry this over to its Mega Evolution, keeping its physical and special stats balanced as well.

Cradily takes a cue from its classic Curse set and specializes itself as a bulky attacker when it Mega Evolves. As it's offensive stats are equal, Mega Cradily could feasibly pull off either a physical, special, or mixed attacking set; indeed, Curse cements it solidly in the former, while Storm Drain boosts may incline it to use one of the latter two. Cradily still functions best under sandstorm, with a Special Defense stat around that of Mega Tyrannitar (albeit, with every other stat sans Special Attack being lower). As they say, "if it's not broke, don't fix it." Cradily hasn't had any movepool problems so far, and since Mega Cradily fulfills a similar role, I didn't see much need to expand its moveset.

That being said, however, standard Cradily has more than enough tools at its disposal for Mega Cradily to take advantage of. The previously mentioned Curse set patches up Cradily's lower defense during a Sandstorm while also boosting its physical attack, at the cost of its nonexistent speed. Netting a Storm Drain boost upon switch-in can bolster Cradily's special attack as well. Additionally, Cradily has a plethora of healing opportunities in its toolbox; Recover is the most prominent, while Giga Drain is viable on Special sets; it even has moves like Pain Split, Synthesis, and Ingrain, though the viability of each, especially in sand, is debatable. Water Absorb also can net it some appreciated recovery.

This isn't to say that Mega Cradily is flawless, however. While it may have many recovery options to choose from, the lack of Leftovers requires it to dedicate turns to healing itself, all the while the opponent can set up and whittle it down. Its Rock/Grass typing suffers glaring weaknesses to common attacking types, specifically Ice and Fighting, as well as Bug and Steel (the use of latter of which has risen due to the introduction of Fairy-types). The loss of Suction Cups hurts Cradily's niche as a setup tanky sweeper that can't be phased. Finally, while its Special Defense is by no means low, Cradily still relies on Sandstorm to make it stand out against other, more popular walls, like Blissey and Latias. With the turn limit on sand and Mega Cradily's inability to hold a Smooth Rock should it wish to reset it itself (thanks Cradilite!), Mega Cradily may find itself being weathered down faster than it would like. Despite this, Mega Cradily will likely be a strong candidate for the position of special wall on Sand teams in the metagame.

Reserving Whimsicott and Florges, aiming for at least 1 mega submission for generation!

Its happening again... PM me if I missed you I'll reply to Iminyourcloset soon sorry

Yeah its adjusted BST is on the google doc you're good (if you want to know if you're mega is approved then look for it on the google doc)

Thats super scary and will probably be nerfed as 65/140/140 turns most any mon into set-up bait but I'll put on the approved list just for the lolz. Also added Tough Claws Druddigon with 30 points added to attack.

I think I'm gonna have nightmares about that tonight Q.Q. Everything looks good but the Base Stats will have to be adjusted as it can't gain HP upon mega evolving sadly as theres no precedent for that.

Hmm I think Soothing Pulse is really interesting but I actually feel unaware would be better as Meganium can stop a large variety of set up sweepers and set up dual screens in their face.

140 defense fur Coat Ariados seems a little extreme especially with such a high attack I would actually buff mixed defenses drop some hp and defense so it could be an incredible reliable web setter unlike shuckle.

These both look good to me approved
Meganium learns dragon tail, so it can phase set up sweepers, and I'll try to relocate some of ariados's stats around

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Brelooom

Grass / Fighting ----> Unchanged
Effect Spore / Poison Heal / Technician ----> Reckless
60 / 130 / 80 / 60 / 60 / 70 (460) ----> 60 / 155 / 80 / 80 / 80 / 105 (560)
New Moves: Wood Hammer and High Jump Kick

Breloom has always been a "live short, die hard" kind of guy. He has many great traits, from Spore, to Technician, to having excellent attack. But the main problem here was always his lack of great stats. What this Mega Evolution tries to do is create a fairly fast hard hitter that doesn't have garbage defenses, but with a different spin on things. I decided on Reckless to be the source of his power not only because it's reminiscent of his low health days, but also because now he has STABs on Wood Hammer and High Jump Kick to steamroll through walls. And now he can use Swords Dance more reliably, as well as having fast Spores to threaten Pokemon without a Choice Scarf. He's still a "live short, die hard" kind of guy, but in a completely different manner. Here's an example of a set to use:

Breloom @ Brellomite
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Wood Hammer
- Swords Dance
- Spore

With this, his offensive capabilities greatly increase, as base 155 Attack, STABs of at least 120 power, and Reckless, can pretty much outweigh the lack of coverage to an extent. After a Spore, he can set up a Swords Dance, and then proceed to sweep a entire team within seconds. The drawbacks are the heavy recoil from Wood Hammer, and lack of coverage, though without these flaws, he'd easily dominate OU in the blink of an eye.

The rest will come soon.

reserving Sharpedo and Marowak

Water / Dark --> Water / Dark
Rough Skin / Speed Boost --> Speed Boost
Old: 70 / 120 / 40 / 95 / 40 / 95
New: 70 / 150 / 80 / 95 / 60 / 105
New Moves: None

Basically the same Pokemon but with actual bulk. Considering everything mega evolves this bulk might not be as important but 70/80 means not instantly vaporizing to priority moves, which is probably Sharpedo's biggest issue right now. Sharks due have a pretty tough skin, after all. There are literally no good physical Dark or Water moves that are physical so its gonna have to be stuck with the same STABs, but whatever.

Ground --> Ground / Dark
Rock Head / Lightningrod / Battle Armor --> Huge Power
Old: 60 / 80 / 110 / 50 / 80 / 45
New: 60 / 100 / 140 / 50 / 110 / 65
New Moves: Sucker Punch

Huge Power because a Thick Club is literally Huge Power. A Dark typing would make sense because its wearing a skull - it gets Knock Off already and Sucker Punch is helpful because its so slow and Sucker Punch is kind of randomly distributed anyway (it would kind of need it otherwise it would die way too easily). Its also lucky enough to receive Swords Dance. In general its pretty similar to Mega Mawile except it has a better offensive typing (stronger priority and better coverage) in exchange for a worse defensive typing (no Intimidate with its normal, more weaknesses).

Last edited:

Mega Forretress
Typing: Bug /Steel
Abilities: Sturdy/Overcoat>>>Flash Fire
BST: 75/90/140/60/60/40>>>75/115/145/95/113/22
New Moves: Heal Order, Attack Order, Sacred Fire, Bug Buzz, Sticky Web

Concept: Forretress grows a fucking fortress cathedral on its head... and it can shoot [sacred]fire! (One safe enough to stave off angry soccer moms!)

Flash Fire alone might have been all that the bagworm ever needed to step out there and get an almost assured hazard, and would've even been worth an item slot, but immunity to its once only crux cannot hurt it either. Forre lacks a boosting move for a stat that actually needs boosting, but the real kicker isn't the nice tank stats, it's the extra SpA, which feels like a waste, but at 95, you might surprise someone.

Of course, 4MSS is only the beginning. You want your sweet healing, taking up 1 slot, and probably at least 1 hazard. So... now what? Sacred Fire looks fun, and it is, with its burn, meaning you can at least scratch TSpikes from your list if you use that move. Rapid Spin is always useful... but now you're walled by Charizard X, who might not hit all that hard at first, but if you're practically giving him 2 DDs. So let's remove something for Quake... but what? Spin? Regardless, we have no room for STAB. Gyro Ball will hit fairly hard off a boosted attack stat, but again, 4MSS.

It's best to decide what you want your Mega Forr to do, and hope that the enemy doesn't have a counter for it.

But look at its now usable movepool: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Gyro Ball, Stealth Rock, Sacred Fire, Attack Order, Bug Buzz, Spikes, Sticky Web, Volt Switch, Giga Drain, Heal Order, Rapid Spin... I might have missed a few, but good luck covering enough bases, especially with no way to boost either attack stat.

I might just be underselling something that maybe too good. For sure though, I definitely

Last edited:

Mamoswine

Typing: Ground/Ice -----> No Change
Abilities: Oblivious/Snow Cloak/Thick Fat-> Brute (All attacking moves become physical)
BST: 110/130/80/70/60/80 -----> 110/150/110/70/95/95

Concept: Mamoswine's unique STAB combination has always made it a prime anti-metagame threat and has a fantastic niche in firing off the strongest priority ice moves, perfect for taking down pesky pseudo-legends such as Garchomp and Salamence. What has stopped Mamoswine in the past is his lack of versatility and a few hard counters (Gyarados, Rotom-W, Skarm). These have plagued Mamoswine to the point that now people run Freeze-Dry off of Mamo's far inferior Special Attack stat in order to hit some of these counters hard. Mamoswine's new ability allows Freeze-Dry to be fired off from his "mammoth" attack stat, allowing water types to be hit hard who would normally stop this prehistoric tank in its tracks. This ability also allows for stronger and more accurate ice STAB options, as well as type coverage versatility in Hidden Power (although it is only base 60, keeping it fair). Mega Mamoswine also gained some bulk, allowing it to tank hits better with the loss of Thick Fat.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Aurorus
Ice/Rock
Refrigerate/Snow Warning ---> Ice Age (all non-SE moves from and against Aurorus become Ice-type)
123/77/72/99/92/58 ---> 123/87/92/129/122/68
+Power Gem, +Flash Cannon, +Calm Mind, +Grass Knot, +Dazzling Gleam, +Moonlight

And now, as if by magic, Aurorus has twelve resistances. Eat shit, Dialga.

Note that Ice Age is a double-edged sword; it also means its Thunderbolts will be NVE against an Entei, for example. This means Aurorus has great neutral coverage, so it can try a CM set along with suboptimal recovery and a coverage move among many. However, unless Aurorus resorts to HP Ground, it will struggle badly against Steel--types; thankfully, it learns Dark Pulse already and is faster than Aegislash, so it *might* try a shot... or maybe just switch out because Aegislash is a bulky fucker.

Last edited:
Yanmega ----> Mega-Yanmega
Bug/Flying ----> Bug/Water (Bug/Dragon is kinda expected, plus the English term for DRAGONfly may or may not translate well into other languages. However, dragonflies are found near swamps and ponds, etc.)
Abilities: Tinted Lens/Speed Boost/Frisk ----> Speed Boost
86/76/86/116/56/95 ----> 86/106/86/146/76/105
Moves: Add Hydro Pump, Surf, Ice Beam
Concept: Yanmega does it's job better now with a better typing and more advanced stats, and a couple better moves up its sleeves. Bug Water are good STABS, and is semi-unique, and it has nice resistances to Ice, Fighting, Water, Ground, and Steel: Four of the most used offensive types. It is weak to Flying, Electric, and Rock, however. With a usable attack stat, Yanmega-Mega can also go mixed, or just use U-turn more effectively.

Drapion ----> Mega Drapion
Poison/Dark, No Type Change
Abilites: Battle Armor/Sniper/Keen Eye ----> Regenerator
70/90/110/60/75/95 ----> 70/110/150/90/105/75
New Moves: Flamethrower (If Geodude gets it, I mean c'mon)
Concept: A super-bulky Drapion that can go mixed in attacking. I considered giving it Levitate, but it just made 0 sense in flavor. Regenerator makes sense because that's what animals do, they regenerate what they can of their limbs/flesh (obv, or arms don't grow back, but our skin does) and scorpions just seem to be that type of animal that regenerates faster or something. With only a ground weakness, 5 resistances to Ghost/Dark/Grass/Psychic/Poison and 70/150/105 defenses, Drapion is a defensive force to be reckoned with, along with it's somewhat respectable offensives.

Claydol ----> Mega Claydol
Ground/Psychic ---> Ground
Abilities: Levitate ----> Levitate
60/70/105/70/120/75 ----> 60/70/155/100/170/45
New Moves: RECOVER
Concept: Claydol, but better. That crappy Psychic typing drawback is removed now, (I imagine Claydol going gray in the eyes) so Claydol can now think of tanking those Electric, Poison, and Rock type attacks, although it is still weak to the very common Water/Grass/Ice attacks. However, with Claydol's newfound bulk and RECOVER (this is just soooo important) Claydol can handle it's own. Not to mention it's now base 100 spatk will help cause some damage. It seems realllly bulky, however it is prone to status and it's attacking power isn't extensive.

I'm a bit tired and it's really late-- If my wording is crappy or I made something OP, just reply and I'll fix it when I can.
These all look great (but it might just be that I'm tired too XD) Approved

Cradily

Typing: Rock / Grass -----> Rock / Grass
Abilities: Suction Cups / Storm Drain -----> Water Absorb
BST: 86/81/97/81/107/43 -----> 86/111/127/111/127/33

Ah, Cradily, the oft-overlooked Sandstorm special wall. Decent Rock/Grass typing, excellent Special Defense in sand, and a cool design. Looking at its stats, Cradily is actually rather balanced overall, save for its abysmal speed. I wanted to carry this over to its Mega Evolution, keeping its physical and special stats balanced as well.

Cradily takes a cue from its classic Curse set and specializes itself as a bulky attacker when it Mega Evolves. As it's offensive stats are equal, Mega Cradily could feasibly pull off either a physical, special, or mixed attacking set; indeed, Curse cements it solidly in the former, while Storm Drain boosts may incline it to use one of the latter two. Cradily still functions best under sandstorm, with a Special Defense stat around that of Mega Tyrannitar (albeit, with every other stat sans Special Attack being lower). As they say, "if it's not broke, don't fix it." Cradily hasn't had any movepool problems so far, and since Mega Cradily fulfills a similar role, I didn't see much need to expand its moveset.

That being said, however, standard Cradily has more than enough tools at its disposal for Mega Cradily to take advantage of. The previously mentioned Curse set patches up Cradily's lower defense during a Sandstorm while also boosting its physical attack, at the cost of its nonexistent speed. Netting a Storm Drain boost upon switch-in can bolster Cradily's special attack as well. Additionally, Cradily has a plethora of healing opportunities in its toolbox; Recover is the most prominent, while Giga Drain is viable on Special sets; it even has moves like Pain Split, Synthesis, and Ingrain, though the viability of each, especially in sand, is debatable. Water Absorb also can net it some appreciated recovery.

This isn't to say that Mega Cradily is flawless, however. While it may have many recovery options to choose from the lack of Leftovers requires it to dedicate turns to healing itself, all the while the opponent can set up and whittle it down. Its Rock/Grass typing suffers glaring weaknesses to common attacking types, specifically Ice and Fighting, as well as Bug and Steel (the use of latter of which has risen due to the introduction of Fairy-types). The loss of Suction Cups hurts Cradily's niche as a setup tanky sweeper that can't be phased. Finally, while its Special Defense is by no means low, Cradily still relies on Sandstorm to make it stand out against other, more popular walls, like Blissey and Latias. With the turn limit on sand and Mega Cradily's inability to hold a Smooth Rock should it wish to reset it itself (thanks Cradilite!), Mega Cradily may find itself being weathered down faster than it would like. Despite this, Mega Cradily will likely be a strong candidate for the position of special wall on Sand teams in the metagame.
Great explanation approved!

Meganium learns dragon tail, so it can phase set up sweepers, and I'll try to relocate some of ariados's stats around
Okay I thought Soothing Pulse might be a bit OP but with Meganium's poor movepool and offensive presence along with the fact it has to mega evolve and switch in again to activate it I think its balanced.

Mega Brelooom

Grass / Fighting ----> Unchanged
Effect Spore / Poison Heal / Technician ----> Reckless
60 / 130 / 80 / 60 / 60 / 70 (460) ----> 60 / 155 / 80 / 80 / 80 / 105 (560)
New Moves: Wood Hammer and High Jump Kick

Breloom has always been a "live short, die hard" kind of guy. He has many great traits, from Spore, to Technician, to having excellent attack. But the main problem here was always his lack of great stats. What this Mega Evolution tries to do is create a fairly fast hard hitter that doesn't have garbage defenses, but with a different spin on things. I decided on Reckless to be the source of his power not only because it's reminiscent of his low health days, but also because now he has STABs on Wood Hammer and High Jump Kick to steamroll through walls. And now he can use Swords Dance more reliably, as well as having fast Spores to threaten Pokemon without a Choice Scarf. He's still a "live short, die hard" kind of guy, but in a completely different manner. Here's an example of a set to use:

Breloom @ Brellomite
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Wood Hammer
- Swords Dance
- Spore

With this, his offensive capabilities greatly increase, as base 155 Attack, STABs of at least 120 power, and Reckless, can pretty much outweigh the lack of coverage to an extent. After a Spore, he can set up a Swords Dance, and then proceed to sweep a entire team within seconds. The drawbacks are the heavy recoil from Wood Hammer, and lack of coverage, though without these flaws, he'd easily dominate OU in the blink of an eye.

The rest will come soon.
Good concept that differentiates itself from normal Breloom approved.

Mega Forretress
Typing: Bug /Steel
Abilities: Sturdy/Overcoat>>>Flash Fire
BST: 75/90/140/60/60/40>>>75/115/145/95/113/22
New Moves: Heal Order, Attack Order, Sacred Fire, Bug Buzz, Sticky Web

Concept: Forretress grows a fucking fortress cathedral on its head... and it can shoot [sacred]fire! (One safe enough to stave off angry soccer moms!)

Flash Fire alone might have been all that the bagworm ever needed to step out there and get an almost assured setup move, but immunity to its only crux cannot hurt it either. Forre lacks a boosting move for a stat that actually needs boosting, but the real kicker isn't the nice tank stats, it's the extra SpA, which feels like a waste, but at 95, you might surprise someone.

Of course, 4MSS is only the beginning. You want your sweet healing, taking up 1 slot, and probably at least 1 hazard. So... now what? Sacred Fire looks fun, and it is, with its burn, meaning you can at least scratch TSpikes from your list if you use that move. Rapid Spin is always useful... but now you're walled by Charizard X, who might not hit all that hard at first, but if you're practically giving him 2 DDs. So let's remove something for Quake... but what? Spin? Regardless, we have no room for STAB. Gyro Ball will hit fairly hard off a boosted attack stat, but again, 4MSS.

It's best to decide what you want your Mega Forr to do, and hope that the enemy doesn't have a counter for it.

But look at its now usable movepool: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Gyro Ball, Stealth Rock, Sacred Fire, Attack Order, Bug Buzz, Spikes, Sticky Web, Volt Switch, Giga Drain, Heal Order, Rapid Spin... I might have missed a few, but good luck covering enough bases, especially with no way to boost either attack stat.

I might just be underselling something that maybe too good. For sure though, I definitely
Everything looks good except no way is a Bagworm is getting Sacred Fire not enough flavor sorry approved without Sacred Fire.

Mamoswine

Typing: Ground/Ice -----> No Change
Abilities: Oblivious/Snow Cloak/Thick Fat-> Brute (All attacking moves become physical)
BST: 110/130/80/70/60/80 -----> 110/150/110/70/95/95

Concept: Mamoswine's unique STAB combination has always made it a prime anti-metagame threat and has a fantastic niche in firing off the strongest priority ice moves, perfect for taking down pesky pseudo-legends such as Garchomp and Salamence. What has stopped Mamoswine in the past is his lack of versatility and a few hard counters (Gyarados, Rotom-W, Skarm). These have plagued Mamoswine to the point that now people run Freeze-Dry off of Mamo's far inferior Special Attack stat in order to hit some of these counters hard. Mamoswine's new ability allows Freeze-Dry to be fired off from his "mammoth" attack stat, allowing water types to be hit hard who would normally stop this prehistoric tank in its tracks. This ability also allows for stronger and more accurate ice STAB options, as well as type coverage versatility in Hidden Power (although it is only base 60, keeping it fair). Mega Mamoswine also gained some bulk, allowing it to tank hits better with the loss of Thick Fat.
Really interesting ability approved.

Aurorus
Ice/Rock
Refrigerate/Snow Warning ---> Ice Age (all non-SE moves from and against Aurorus become Ice-type)
123/77/72/99/92/58 ---> 123/87/92/129/122/68
+Power Gem, +Flash Cannon, +Calm Mind, +Grass Knot, +Dazzling Gleam, +Moonlight

And now, as if by magic, Aurorus has twelve resistances. Eat shit, Dialga.

Note that Ice Age is a double-edged sword; it also means its Thunderbolts will be NVE against an Entei, for example. This means Aurorus has great neutral coverage, so it can try a CM set along with suboptimal recovery and a coverage move among many. However, unless Aurorus resorts to HP Ground/Freeze Dry, it will struggle badly against Steel- and Water-types; thankfully, it learns Dark Pulse already and is faster than Aegislash, so it *might* try a shot... or maybe just switch out because Aegislash is a bulky fucker.
This just might be my favorite one yet totally approved 10/10.

I'm super tired and I've been staring at this screen for like 7 hours straight so I'm gonna call it a night so don't expect another post for the next 10-12 hours sorry! If I missed you PM me and I will get to you tommorow.

Normal Typing ----> Mega Typing (If it gets a new typing)
Normal Abilities ----> Mega Ability
Original Base Stat Total (in the format HP/Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed) ---> Mega Base Stat Total
New Moves

Concept: This should be an explanation of why this Mega Evolution fits this pokemon and the role it would play it in the Metagame.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mega pidgeot x

typing: normal/flying => normal/flying

ability: keen eyes/tangled feet/big pecks => keen eyes
(buff it so that keen eyes boosts accuracy 30% just like compound eyes)

stats: (479) 83 80 75 70 70 101 => (579) 83 80 85 140 70 121

new moves: NA

role in meta: nothing in the meta currently can spam a high powered special flying move. pidgeot is here to serve.

flavor justification: pidgeot is usually seen spamming a hurricane like move. This will allow it to spam hurricane just like in the anime.

alternatively

mega pidgeot y

ability: keen eye/tangled feet/big pecks => gale wings

stats: (479) 83 80 75 70 70 101 => (579) 83 140 85 70 80 121

new moves: flare blitz
flavor justification: according to pokemon lore pidgeot flys at mach 2 speed. priority is justified. since it flies so quickly, being on fire (flare blitz) is probably justified.

role in meta: probably same as talonflame except talonflame gets sword dance and pidgeot doesn't.

I'll let the owner of the project decide which one or neither sounds better

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mega camerupt

typing: fire/ground => fire/ground

stats: 70 100 70 105 75 40 (460) => 70 150 140 85 75 40 (560)

ability: magma armor/solid rock/anger point => dry skin/water absorb/storm drain

new moves: slack off via level up

flavor justification- for mega camel I imagine a huge badass mofo that tanks physical hits like no other. it also has immunity to water since it is a camel.

role in metagame- completely trolling rotom w and general volt turn stopper.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mega fearow

stats: (442) 65 90 65 61 61 100 => (542) 65 140 105 61 71 100

ability: keen eyes/sniper => sniper

new moves: close combat

move modification requests: reduce drill peck and drill run to 60 base power, but have them always cause critical hits.

flavor justification: fearow looks ferocious and reckless just like staraptor. no reason it shouldnt get close combat. drill peck and drill run should always cause critical hits since fearow and other pokemon that get these moves have very pointy/sharp beaks or horns.

role in meta: nothing viably uses 100% critical hit moves. nothing else gets 100% critical hit moves along with sniper.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
did scrafty, suggestions appreciated :).

Also, druddigon's ability could probably be changed to tough claws with no problem, although i'd probably want to boost its base attack a bit more and take like 20 out of its spa in that case.

Scrafty
Dark/Fighting
Shed Skin/Moxie/Intimidate ----> Simple
65/90/115/45/115/58 ----> 65/100/140/65/140/78

Scrafty's main problems when it comes to sweeping are its mediocre Speed stat and somewhat low amount of power, this mega attempts to remedy that with a combination of minor boosts to both stats and a brand new ability that makes it significantly more threatening: simple. Now instead of occasionally having to set up multiple Dragon Dances to become threatening in a metagame that's very unkind to it, mega Scrafty can easily reach +2 +2 in one turn with simple Dragon Dance and its significantly buffed 65/140/140 defenses and Intimidate/Shed Skin abilities pre mega, then run through the remains of a weakened team, or even the entirety of an unprepared one.

As for flavor, Simple makes perfect sense for scrafty imo, just because of the expression that it usually has, idk, it just looks kinda unfocused/simple minded to me lol. Not to mention the fact that it's apparently bashing its head into things 24/7 according to its pre evos pokedex entries.
Dat mixed bulk.

Mega Infernape

Ability:Flash Fire
New Moves:High Jump Kick,Sucker Punch,Wood Hammer,Power Gem,Sacred Fire
Base Stats:76/134/91/134/81/138

People of Smogon,I give you the best Fire-Type available in OU.Before,Infernape was outclassed by Charizard,Heatran,and more.But now,Infernape has more power than ever before with amazing offensive stats,decent defenses,and giant move pool.The new moves add more coverage and STAB options,and it's ability(see above) only makes it better.However,Infernape faces competition from Mega Charizard and Heatran still,but Infernape still outspeeds both.Infernape,unfortunately falls to most super-effective hits such as the mighty Unown's Specs STAB Hidden Power Psychic(lol),Hydro Pump from Politoed,and even Nidoking's Earthquake.

Last edited:
#203: Mega Girafarig
Typing: Normal/Psychic -----> Ghost/Psychic
Abilities: Inner Focus / Early Bird / Sap Sipper -----> Etheriate (it was on the Mismagius evo)
BST: 70/80/65/90/65/85 -----> 80/110/85/70/95/115
New moves: Double-Edge, Body Slam, Extremespeed, Phantom Force

Concept: I've always thought this might make an interesting mega. Not an artist, but think of it like this: the tail takes control of the entire body giving us a Ghost/Psychic type (which is also a completely new combination). Useful as a switch in for baiting a spinblocker, then megavolve into your own spinblocker that's SE against ghosts (but also has a 4x weakness) and built to shred through the type. The speed boost is there to make sure it can hit most of its targets first (the average ghost isn't very fast), and Etheriate gives it three things that typical physical ghost types don't have: STAB Stomp (flinch move), STAB Double-Edge & Take Down (recoil), and STAB Body Slam (paralysis move). Extremespeed also gives it a much better priority move than Shadow Sneak. The emphasis on physical moves also makes Sap Sipper suddenly a useful ability, giving Girafarig a free attack boost before going mega when switching into grass types.

Poliwrath
Type: Water/Fighting =====> Water/Fighting
Ability: Water Absorb/Damp/Swift Swim (HA) =====> Adaptability
BST: 90/85/95/70/90/70 (500 BST) =====> 90/110/105/90/90/115 (600)
New Moves: Close Combat, Aqua Jet, Recover

Could you believe Poliwrath of all things doesn't learn close combat? Welp, That's the first thing on the list that he learns with his list of terrible moves, and aqua jet for bonus points. EV Distribution and Ability turn it into a decent mixed attacker with well rounded defenses as well and recover to let it go on the defensive if needed. and Belly drum 80 BP Aqua Jets

I also edited my last 2 sets. (switched up some of ariados's ev's and removed normal from meganiums typing)

Last edited:
upload_2014-5-20_21-40-55.png

Hydreigon
Dark/Dragon
Levitate ---> Multiscale
92/105/90/125/90/98 ---> 92/135/95/165/95/118
+ Nasty Plot, + Sludge Bomb

This looks pretty borked, so I can alter this as needed. Anyways, the change to Multiscale was almost required due to the influx of Fairy-types. The stat balancing was a bit of a problem, as Hydreigon's only real need was a better speed tier. I will suggest adding Nasty Plot due to its lack of a boosting move, and Sludge Bomb to help with deter Fairies from ruining Hydreigon's day. This really does look borked

Kingdra
Water/Dragon
Swift Swim/Sniper ---> Storm Drain(?)
75/95/95/95/95/85 ---> 75/130/100/130/100/105

This was a heck of a lot easier to balance, compared to Hydreigon and Metagross. The ability is still not for certain, but I know Drizzle is broken, so that's not going to work. Increased offenses let it hit a little harder, its defenses didn't get much but are solid nonetheless, and it now has a much better speed tier. No movepool changes unless I can think of anything it could use lol.

upload_2014-5-20_21-56-56.png

Metagross
Steel/Psychic
Clear Body/Light Metal ---> Dimension Warp (starts up Trick Room when it enters the field and lasts for 3-4 turns)/Filter (if DW is too broke)
80/135/130/95/90/70 ---> 80/185/155/115/135/30 or 80/180/140/100/110/90

I totally theorymonned this as soon as MEvos were announced :p Not much for explanation here, the DW version has a niche of being the only Pokemon able to set up TR automatically. It can then proceed to wreck face for a few turns, or switch to a new 'mon who can use it. It's bulk is probably the most important, while it equals M-Hera's terrible might and also has 115 SpA to boot. If the other version is better, it has similar stats but better speed. Filter is really nice, with the Steel nerf and all. Could need tweaking, correct me as you see fit.

Also, reserving Spiritomb and Ramparados if possible.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mega Infernape

Ability:Absolution:If this Pokemon faints,the Pokemon that attacked it faints as well.
New Moves:High Jump Kick,Sucker Punch,Wood Hammer,Power Gem,Sacred Fire
Base Stats:76/134/91/134/81/138

People of Smogon,I give you the best Fire-Type available in OU.Before,Infernape was outclassed by Charizard,Heatran,and more.But now,Infernape has more power than ever before with amazing offensive stats,decent defenses,and giant move pool.The new moves add more coverage and STAB options,and it's ability(see above) only makes it better.However,Infernape faces competition from Mega Charizard and Heatran still,but Infernape still outspeeds both.Infernape,unfortunately falls to most super-effective hits such as the mighty Unown's Specs STAB Hidden Power Psychic(lol),Hydro Pump from Politoed,and even Nidoking's Earthquake.
OP plz ban btw reserving hawlucha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)