Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I didn't get Lightningrod at first either, but Stellar explained it in Orange Islands IRC channel:

(1:56:37 PM) Stellar: why do people say lightningrod makes no sense on sceptile
(1:56:45 PM) Stellar: its tail now looks like an evergreen
(1:56:50 PM) Stellar: and it has a lightningrod at its top
(1:56:59 PM) Stellar: putting lightningrods on tall trees to protect from storms
(1:57:05 PM) Stellar: is common...

Having a free immunity never hurts all things considered. Grass/Dragon is awful typing defensively though and I doubt it is that good offensively. Swift Swim is too situational so unless Swampert has bitchin' stats he won't be used on non rain teams.

I am still wishing for a Dragon/Fighting Pokemon(With great or decent steel coverage(like bullet punch)

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Swift Swim is too situational so unless Swampert has bitchin' stats he won't be used on non rain teams.
Free +100 boost to its stats mean it will see use outside of Rain too, especially since it's likely to get a significant Atk boost at the very least (and defensive boosts too).

There is another reason why Lightning Rod makes perfect sense on MScep. GameFreak must've loved what the anime did when Ash attempted to catch his Treecko, and that specific Treecko "grounded" his tail to avoid getting majorly damaged by Thunderbolt.
Am I the only one who immediately thought of this?

Anyways, I have my Sceptilite, I will not riot. Oh, I hope that the main boost that MScep gets isn't in its Attack, Rotom-W do tend to carry WoW buuuuuuuut averting from competitive talk (>'-')>

I LOVE that they're adding more "personalized" admins to the their respective teams just like what they did to TR in HG/SS. It bothered me that the higher ups all looked like each other.

Does Maxie look... younger? Maybe it's just me

I wouldn't be surprised if Steven Stone having a Mega Charizard is related to a Mega Evo plot arc and he won't actually use it on his team. Maybe he might even gift it to you after you beat him with it 1on1, like how Korrina gives you her Lucario after you beat her. Charizard-X in Ruby, Charizard-Y in Sapphire?

I love the designs of the evil teams they have a lot more personality, the protagonists look weird though.

Free +100 boost to its stats mean it will see use outside of Rain too, especially since it's likely to get a significant Atk boost at the very least (and defensive boosts too).
Every mega gets +100 stats so that doesn't mean much. At this point I wouldn't waste my mega slot on it if I wasn't using Politoed or rain dance.

Every mega gets +100 stats so that doesn't mean much. At this point I wouldn't waste my mega slot on it if I wasn't using Politoed or rain dance.
That doesn't stop some people from using Mega Houndoom on non-sun teams or the fact that they just really like the 'mon..
So one-minded...

Celever

no longer hibernating
is a Community Contributor
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I've been playing White 2 recently and there's evidence in the game that heavily implies Mirage Tower (the tower appearing randomly in Gen 3 won't be returning. There's lots of speak about how the desert ruins will soon be buried entirely under the sandstorm, and there's even a backpacker there who says "I come from Hoenn. There used to be this tower in the desert there, but now it got buried by sand!"

As for the leaks, Mega-Sceptile is Sceptile with red stripes and a Christmas Tree for a tail. I have no idea what Mega-Swampert is (it looks like they tried to make him look bulky and tough but failed magnificently). Mega-Kyogre just looks like an Orca to me, but with some kind of trident thing with its tail (tridents have 3 points p sure - not 4!). Yveltal has been looking at Mega-Groudon though and has found some pretty interesting stuff. Things which hint to it being (at least Part-) Fire type finally!

Man, how terrible is Mega Swamp ability? Why don't give him Drizzle? I'm not saying it will be a terrible mega, but almost always he's got no ability.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You must've not seen any speculation threads, Sceptile getting dragon type was by far the most expected.
I meant personally I didn't think it would happen, (I didn't think any of them would get type changes to be honest) but yeah I guess you are right.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I've been playing White 2 recently and there's evidence in the game that heavily implies Mirage Tower (the tower appearing randomly in Gen 3 won't be returning. There's lots of speak about how the desert ruins will soon be buried entirely under the sandstorm, and there's even a backpacker there who says "I come from Hoenn. There used to be this tower in the desert there, but now it got buried by sand!"
Hoenn games are supposed to take place before Unova, so it may still be there, but Gamefreak doesn't seem to be very concerned about continuity (also, if Gen 3 Pokemon banked to the Hoenn say traveled long way through time and space...).

Personally, I think the stat boosts will look a little like this:-
Sceptile
Atk. +20
Sp. Atk. +50
Spd. +30

Swampert
Atk. +40
Dfc. +30
Sp. Dfc. +30

No idea for Diancie
Also Mega Diancie so fuckin pretty love <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)