Minor Meta Modifcations Metagame (aka M4) Development thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reserving Chandelure
Chandelure
Ability: Flash Fire / Flame Body Levitate / Infiltrator (The thing can clearly levitate)
Movepool: +Aura Sphere (Pokedex says it absorbs auras/souls)

Last edited:
Okay then reserving Keldeo. Go go water pony you can't get past milotic but I can still make you better.

+ Ice Beam (it, Seismitoad and Magikarp are the only water types that don't learn it)
+ Air Slash (it has a sword on it's head, Leavanny and Samurott have basically the same logic and they learn it too)
If Air Slash is too much I'd just give it Signal Beam.

The influx of fairy types makes it a lot harder for Keldy to switch in and sweep, so I was thinking we could help it with some of its checks with correct prediction.
I think Air Slash is a bit of a stretch. Otherwise QC approved 1/2 Monte/Adrian wait on changes before following up
Reserving Roserade
View attachment 16969

Abilities: Natural Cure/Aroma Veil/Technician
Stats: 65/70/65/125/105/100 (+5 HP, +10 Spe)

This modification is designed to fix a few of Roserade's flaws. Offensive Roserade get the Speed Boost they've always been looking for, while defensive Roserade's get a minor buff to health and a nice new toy in Aroma Veil, preventing them from being taunt bait.
QC Approved 1/2
Monte Cristo changed Flygon. Also, reserving Shaymin

Shaymin

Ability: Fur Coat Chlorophyll
Movepool: +Slack Off, +Calm Mind

Chlorophyll helps Shaymin to be an offensive monster with Seed Flare, while Calm Mind is helpful for bulky set-up. These things let Shaymin stand out more vs Celebi and Mega Venu.
Are you giving it Chlorophyll alongside Natural cure? I'd like a bit more clarification

Reserving Chandelure
Chandelure
Ability: Flash Fire / Flame Body Levitate / Infiltrator (The thing can clearly levitate)
Movepool: +Aura Sphere (Pokedex says it absorbs auras/souls)
Sorry I keep having to double post but I keep posting at inopportune times and editing in quotes wont alert the user.

This seems a bit bizarre to me. I'd like some other QC thoughts

Reserving Tornadus-T(do I have to change the other forme too?)
Stats:79/100/90(+10)/110/90/121
Move:+Aeroblast(yay reliable STAB move)

Last edited:
So sorry if I'm being impatient, but is anyone else gonna QC reject/approve my Rampardos on the first page?

reserving rampardos

Ability Change: Sand Rush
Type change: Rock-Dragon
Movepool change: + dragon claw

Its animation depicts it charging at things, it lives in the desert, and it's pretty fast in the anime. Sand rush helps with its speed, which was its main weakness. Rampardos is still stopped by opposing weather, priority, quag, skarm, etc., so it's not particularly broken. Rock Dragon fits b/c its a dinosaur, and dragon claw, because it has claws, so why not (actually monte suggested the dragon stuff but whatever)

also no rock head because rock polish + head smash is just overkill
QC Approved 2/2

Can I reserve something else even if I still have my Hydreigon to by QC approved/ rejected?
you can reserve 2 pokemon at a time max
Also, while I'm at it,
reserving Hydreigon
Edit:

Stats: Atk+10, Spd+5( to make it mainly a Mixed Wallbreaker/ Scarfer)
Movepool: Knock Off( As you can see by the animation he seems to be knocking something off, or biting really, but the gesture is very close)
No attack boost and you've got QC Approved 1/2 (afaik i didnt see adrian or oi comment on this)

Weavile
Movepool: + Knock off level up, + Superpower

This allows kock off + icicle crash to be legal and superpwer is reliable fighting coverage, not sure why it doesnt have it anyway
Monte Cristo reserved Weavile a page back, sorry

Oi approved it alongside Metagross, Galvantula, Milotic and Escavalier in page 2 btw
Well I think I need to get approval with the update I recommended from Adrian or Oi

EDIT: Reserving Gliscor

+Defog as a level-up move (removes illegality of Defog + Pheal)

Last edited:
Did anyone reserve Pangoro yet? If not, I'll take it. (I just want to make him at least have some sort of niche in this meta)

Pangoro:

Stats: HP (+10), Defense (+10)
Movepool: + Knock Off, + Drain Punch
Ability: Iron Fist is replaced by Intimidate (Flavor wise in terms of species name (Daunting can mean intimidating))

I would've boosted his speed but the restrictions exist so yeah. The idea of replacing Iron Fist instead of Scrappy is credit to Seismitoad. (Whose Walrein which got approved seems quite interesting)

Last edited:
Ok and Reseving Nuptup destroyer of worlds( Vileplume)

Edit:

Movepool: +Earth Power, +Leech Seed legal with any ability and moves
Stats: Def+10 Sp.Def+5

Last edited:
reserving this post for the list of pokemon by generation that have/haven't been reserved.

Actually fuck that as long as Oi keeps the OP up to date there should be no issues

Last edited:
Reserving Escavalier

Movepool:
+Gyro Ball
+Extreme Speed
Remove Extremespeed and it's perfect.

QC approved 2/2

Reserving Kyurem

Stats: +5 Speed
Movepool: +Dragon Dance, +Icicle Crash

These buffs are targeted at Kyurem-B of course.
Icicle Crash was chosen over Ice Punch because it fits all 3 Kyurem formes better f

Stats: +5 Speed
Movepool: +Dragon Dance, +Icicle Crash

These buffs are targeted at Kyurem-B of course.
Icicle Crash was chosen over Ice Punch because it fits all 3 Kyurem formes better flavor-wise. Kyu-B is the only one with a giant ice arm after all.
Disgusting :(

Monte Cristo changed Flygon. Also, reserving Shaymin

Shaymin

Ability: Fur Coat Natural Cure / Chlorophyll (HA)
Movepool: +Nuzzle, +Calm Mind

Nuzzle is an adorable option on Shaymin imo, and it's also pretty neat with its untauntable para. Calm Mind is a neat set-up move that it can use really well.
Replace Slack Off with Recover and it should be good imho.
Reserving Tornadus-T(do I have to change the other forme too?)
Stats:79/100/90(+10)/110/90/121
Move:+Aeroblast(yay reliable STAB move)
It really doesn't need Aeroblast since it has reliable STAB in Air Slash and the more superior, highly coveted Hurricane.

Need input on this Peef Rimgar Monte Cristo
Reserving Metagross

Metagross
Abilities: Clear Body / Iron Fist / Light Metal (HA)
Movepool: +Drain Punch

Metagross uses those giant limbs as fists (confirmed by the fact that it learns the elemental punches) and it boosts its "signature move" (Meteor Mash) so it makes a lot of sense to me. Boosts its good coverage into respectable levels of power instead of weak the 75 BP while making its strongest STAB and priority move stronger too. Drain Punch is to give it decent offensive healing - Iron Fist makes up for the lack of STAB imo.
QC Approved 2/2

Jirachi
Steel/Fairy
+Play Rough
EDIT: Moonblast (suggested by Monte Cristo)
QC Approved 2/2

Last edited:
Yeah I suppose Aeroblast is kinda irrelevant on torn-t. Berry Juice if you could come up with a more relevant buff that's be great

Did anyone reserve Pangoro yet? If not, I'll take it. (I just want to make him at least have some sort of niche in this meta)

Pangoro:

Stats
Movepool: + Knock Off

I would've boosted his speed further (And given him Drain Punch) but the restrictions exist so yeah.
Give him Drain Punch (you can have two new moves per mon) and it's QC Approved 1/2

Need another QC Check (deleted Sleep Powder) Monte Cristo, Adrian Marin, Peef Rimgar
reserving Galvantula

+10 Special Attack (it just really needs that little boost)
+Tinted Lens as HA instead of Swarm (a ton of bugs get Tinted Lens, and it's not too powerful seeing as you have to give up Compound Eyes making Sleep Powder unreliable)
Dragonite
Abilities: Inner Focus / Multiscale (no change)
Stats: 91 / 140 (+6) / 95 / 100 / 100 / 80
Movepool: +Defog via level up

Dragonite really needs that little extra attack to make it worth using over Charizard sometimes. Getting Defog via level up removes its incompatibility with Multiscale (I think?) making defensive sets much better as well.

Last edited:
reserving Galvantula

Also, two questions:
1. how long do we have after we reserve something to actually make it and
2. how many things can we reserve (at a time and in total)?

Edit:

+10 Special Attack (it just really needs that little boost)
+Tinted Lens as HA instead of Swarm (a ton of bugs get Tinted Lens, and it's not too powerful seeing as you have to give up Compound Eyes making Sleep Powder unreliable)
QC Approved 2/2

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Roserade
View attachment 16969

Abilities: Natural Cure/Aroma Veil/Technician
Stats: 65/70/65/125/105/100 (+5 HP, +10 Spe)

This modification is designed to fix a few of Roserade's flaws. Offensive Roserade get the Speed Boost they've always been looking for, while defensive Roserade's get a minor buff to health and a nice new toy in Aroma Veil, preventing them from being taunt bait.
Still need a 2nd QC Check

Reserving Alomomola

+Fairy Typing (heart shaped design, fits the general love theme of Fairies)
+10 SpD (godawful stat for the wall, could use a minor buff)
+Play Rough, +Moonblast (obligatory STABs)
We already approved Milotic, which fulfills a similar purpose and has the same typing of your Mola. It fits flavorwise, but we need to have at least a few good pure water walls. Remove fairy typing, Play Rough and Moonblast and i'll approve. Need opinions on this Peef Rimgar Monte Cristo

reserving rampardos

Ability Change: Sand Rush
Type change: Rock-Dragon
Movepool change: + dragon claw

Its animation depicts it charging at things, it lives in the desert, and it's pretty fast in the anime. Sand rush helps with its speed, which was its main weakness. Rampardos is still stopped by opposing weather, priority, quag, skarm, etc., so it's not particularly broken. Rock Dragon fits b/c its a dinosaur, and dragon claw, because it has claws, so why not (actually monte suggested the dragon stuff but whatever)

also no rock head because rock polish + head smash is just overkill
QC Approved 2/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)