Minor Meta Modifcations Metagame (aka M4) Development thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already approved Milotic, which fulfills a similar purpose and has the same typing of your Mola. It fits flavorwise, but we need to have at least a few good pure water walls. Remove fairy typing, Play Rough and Moonblast and i'll approve. Need opinions on this Peef Rimgar Monte Cristo
I believe Alomomola and Milotic are different enough to share a typing and still fit into the OU metagame. Milotic has monsterous SpDef and a decent SpA stat, but crumbles to Physical Hits. Alomomola has hella HP to wishpass and good physical defense, but it's special defense is complete ass and it brings 0 offensive presence.

I believe Alomomola and Milotic are different enough to share a typing and still fit into the OU metagame. Milotic has monsterous SpDef and a decent SpA stat, but crumbles to Physical Hits. Alomomola has hella HP to wishpass and good physical defense, but it's special defense is complete ass and it brings 0 offensive presence.
I consider them similar since Milotic always uses a defense spread which gives it stellar physical bulk just like fish. Meanwhile, Fish uses a mixed spread which makes them all the more similar. We need at least a few pure water walls not named Suicune (which isn't even considered a wall, just mentioning it for the sake of it.)

Whoever made alomomola bulkier

I hate you.
Fish is love, Fish is life.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Replace Slack Off with Recover and it should be good imho.
The post was changed a bit after you posted (Nuzzle replaced Slack Off. Not a big issue since it has Synthesis, and Nuzzle is cute; both mechanically and in concept). I think it'll probably still pass but just making sure.

Reserving Regirock (not in the viability rankings, but needs very little to be effective.)

Regirock
Abilities: Clear Body / Sturdy Regenerator (it truly fits its flavor text extremely well.)
Moves: + Recover (we should definitely give it to all the regi's.)

Reserving Registeel

Registeel
Abilities: Clear Body / Light Metal Bulletproof
Moves: + Recover

Last edited:
why does this regirock not surprise me
I'm just fucking glad he didn't go Sand Stream
Reserving Regirock (not in the viability rankings, but needs very little to be effective.)

Regirock
Abilities: Clear Body / Sturdy Regenerator (it truly fits its flavor text extremely well.)
Moves: + Recover (we should definitely give it to all the regi's.)

Reserving Registeel
QC approved 2/2 (Oi said a QC submission counts as 1/2 on its own)

Are we allowed to submit another revision if the first gets approved?
Well Adrian just did 2 and he's QC so I assume he knows what he's doing.
edit: Monte has already done one and has one in reserve as well.
So, yes.

Unrelated edit 1: By the way QC, I need checks/rejects on Dragonite. Monte Cristo Adrian Marin Peef Rimgar

Unrelated edit 2: Monte Cristo, you spelled Wobbuffet wrong in the OP

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
Reserving Magnezone

Magnezone
Abilities: Magnet Pull / Levitate / Analytic (HA)
Stats: 80 (+10)/70/115/130/90/60

More bulk and an ability that makes this thing pretty decent. I was going to give it more coverage but none make sense flavor-wise. I've juggled some movepool ideas but I can't think of anything to add except for maybe Recover but I'm not too keen on this thing getting both Recover and Levitate and a bulk boost. I think the bulk boost and levitate is enough tbh.

Last edited:
Need another QC Check (deleted Sleep Powder) Monte Cristo, Adrian Marin, Peef Rimgar

Dragonite
Abilities: Inner Focus / Multiscale (no change)
Stats: 91 / 140 (+6) / 95 / 100 / 100 / 80
Movepool: +Defog via level up

Dragonite really needs that little extra attack to make it worth using over Charizard sometimes. Getting Defog via level up removes its incompatibility with Multiscale (I think?) making defensive sets much better as well.
QC approved 1/2
Ok and Reseving Nuptup destroyer of worlds( Vileplume)

Edit:

Movepool: +Earth Power, +Leech Seed legal with any ability and moves
Stats: Def+10 Sp.Def+5
The main problem with this is I can't see a reason to use it. I'll leave it up to the rest of QC though
Reserving Registeel

Registeel
Abilities: Clear Body / Light Metal Regenerator OR Bulletproof if QC thinks Regenerator should not be a Regi thing.
Moves: + Recover
Yeah regen is a stretch on all 3. Go bulletproof and you've got QC 2/2

Lucario
Abilities: Technician/Inner Focus/Justified (HA)
Movepool: +Snarl
QC approved 1/2

Also, can you guys start making your change posts separate from the reservations? LEts us get notifications when something gets posted. This is a large reason why we haven't been QCing some stuff

Last edited:
The main problem with this is I can't see a reason to use it. I'll leave it up to the rest of QC though
I thought giving it Harvest would be adding too much but I'll will likely change it, Vileplume was supposed to be a poor man's Mega Venusaur if you don't want to waste the mega slot.

Vileplume remastered:

Abilities: Chlorophyl/ Harvest/ Effect Spore(HA)

I thought giving it Harvest would be adding too much but I'll will likely change it, Vileplume was supposed to be a poor man's Mega Venusaur if you don't want to waste the mega slot.

Vileplume remastered:

Abilities: Chlorophyl/ Harvest/ Effect Spore(HA)
We already have a poor mans mega venusaur though, it's Amoongus

I like this quite a bit better. QC Approved 1/2

Wobbufet
+Recover

Gives Wobbufet an option to recover hp aside from (healing) wish. It would also give it 4mss since it has to choose 2 out of encore/dbond/recover. It's also hard for wobb to find free turns to heal.
Err I know this got an approval, but I'd like to argue this. Seriously, broken af, it is super hard to kill now and Shadow Tag is what made it Ubers (even fucking Wynaut), it doesn't need recovery, it might be hard to find turns to recover at time, but I'm wayyyy against this.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Err I know this got an approval, but I'd like to argue this. Seriously, broken af, it is super hard to kill now and Shadow Tag is what made it Ubers (even fucking Wynaut), it doesn't need recovery, it might be hard to find turns to recover at time, but I'm wayyyy against this.
gen 4 was a much different meta

And my Blissey was approved so I'll pick Houndoom and Mega Houndoom as my next pokemon.
(QC Approved 1/2)

+ 5 Speed
Mega Houndoom gets Competitive instead of Solar Power.

It wasn't used much because the best sun setter was another mega but it now has its own niche. And considering the amount of Fairy types–and the fairy/water types that were just introduced, it deserves this.

Last edited:
I understand that, I do, but it's BH this gen for Shadow Tag (better comparison?) and it shoves it over the edge imo.
You have to keep in mind running reliable recovery gives Wobb 4MSS. YOu have to pick Recover/Mirror coat/Encore/Counter/Dbond, each of which makes Wobb useful in a different way.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I still need another QC check for this one.

And my Blissey was approved so I'll pick Houndoom and Mega Houndoom as my next pokemon.

+ 5 Speed
+ 5 HP (not necessary)
+ 5 SpA (its the weakest of all special sweeper megas)
+ Sludge Wave (it learns Sludge Bomb, this is just a little more powerful... you can remove this if you want)
Mega Houndoom gets Competitive instead of Solar Power.

It wasn't used much because the best sun setter was another mega but it now has its own niche. And considering the amount of Fairy types–and the fairy/water types that were just introduced, it deserves this.
I'm rejecting keldeo, giving it coverage that 2hkos its only counters is just way too broken

I'm rejecting keldeo, giving it coverage that 2hkos its only counters is just way too broken
Would it be better if I just gave it Ice Beam (and no Signal Beam)? I have one approval and one rejection, so I guess Adrian Marin makes the final call.

And what about Houndoom?

EDIT: Also wanted to point out that Blissey, Milotic and Alomomola can now handle Keldeo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)