Minor Meta Modifcations Metagame (aka M4) Development thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have access to pics yet, so I'll add it later.

Swampert
Abilities: Torrent / lolDamp Regenerator (HA)
Moves: Recover

No. No sap sipper. That's dumb. Regenerator not only makes sense (some mudfish species have been known to regenerate lost body parts) but also gives him a niche. Recover because he's like the only bulky water no to get it.
QC Approved
Why would you run Recover if you have Regenerator, though?
Why does Slowbro run Slack Off?

Reserving Aegislash
EDIT:

Movepool: + Will-o-wisp, + Pain split
I really think WillO is an overkill defensive buff, especially when Aegi's already on such a level he's being suspected. QC Rejected 1/2
Don't have access to pics yet, so I'll add it later.

Swampert
Abilities: Torrent / lolDamp Regenerator (HA)
Moves: Recover

No. No sap sipper. That's dumb. Regenerator not only makes sense (some mudfish species have been known to regenerate lost body parts) but also gives him a niche. Recover because he's like the only bulky water no to get it.
QC Approved 2/2
Cloyster

Movepool: + Water Shuriken

It is finally viable again. (although it'll probably be like A+ rank)
Giving something with one of the best boosting options in the game 75 BP priority seems like a no-no. QC Rejected 1/2
This needs a check to see if it's worthy yet (The first QC check was from the first version, so yeah):

Anyways, here's my changes to Lilligant (Though I removed it from my Pangoro post I'm still reserving the thing; Most of these are very obvious).

Lilligant:
Type: Grass/Fairy
Stats: Defense/Special Defense (+5 each), HP (+10)
Movepool: +Moonblast (STAB and shit), +Earth Power (A bit questionable, but whatever)

Lilligant is essentially the offensive counterpart to Whimsicott, so I decided to basically make it like that. Fairy is because of it's appearance and gentle nature that is shared with other fairy-types. Earth Power is because real-life Lilies are found near land (Debatable yes). Moonblast is because it is given to nearly every other Fairy suggested. (And its STAB and most Fairies get it despite not having any relation to the Moon)
No Earth Power and you've got QC Approved 1/2
Edited to give Slack Off. Not the best fit, but I can't see it being amazing in OU even with a solid recovery move (would be amazing in RU/UU though).
Needs a second QC Adrian Marin Peef Rimgar

Also gets Slack Off Via Slowpoke line. This means Toxic Spikes + Slack Off is illegal.

Also Reserving Tyrantum.

Stats: +10 Speed (outspeeds +nature scarf 108 with Rock Polish)
Movepool: +Hyper Fang (flavour)
Ability: +HA (Rock Head)
No Rock Head. It was so good from what I remember. Remove it and it's QC Approved 1/2
Reserving Dragalge because it's OP.

+15 HP
Movepool: +Slack Off, +Clear Smog
Also, can we please release its HA. It needs some OU love.
And I know we're not supposed to add more moves, but flavourwise, Dragalge needs the 3 move spit-up combo.
Monte Cristo

Completely off topic: did you know Cofagrigus learns toxic spikes? WTF Gamefreak?
Remove the illegality and it's QC approved 1/2
I still need another QC check for this one.

And my Blissey was approved so I'll pick Houndoom and Mega Houndoom as my next pokemon.
(QC 0/2)

+ 5 Speed
+ 5 SpA (its the weakest of all special sweeper megas)
Mega Houndoom gets Competitive instead of Solar Power.

It wasn't used much because the best sun setter was another mega but it now has its own niche. And considering the amount of Fairy types–and the fairy/water types that were just introduced, it deserves this.
You make it sound like 140 is low for a special attacker lol. No spa boost and it's QC approved 1/2

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
I really think WillO is an overkill defensive buff, especially when Aegi's already on such a level he's being suspected. QC Rejected 1/2

QC Approved 2/2

Giving something with one of the best boosting options in the game 75 BP priority seems like a no-no. QC Rejected 1/2

No Earth Power and you've got QC Approved 1/2

No Rock Head. It was so good from what I remember. Remove it and it's QC Approved 1/2

Remove the illegality and it's QC approved 1/2

You make it sound like 140 is low for a special attacker lol. No spa boost and it's QC approved 1/2
Could you accept/reject my submission too, since I just updated it

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I'll push everything to the OP monday 8 AM gmt -8 since i feel I should allow this week to play itself out and then I'll go through and add all the new approved submissions

Reserving Cofagrigus

Typing: Ghost/Dark
Stats: 58/50/155(+10)/90/115(+10)/30

Reasoning: Dark type actually works perfectly with Cofagrigus. Its Dark typing represents the greed of tomb raiders and its evil spirit. Its new stats are to show how exactly it has survived and pretty much intact for something made in ancient Egypt.
Holy shit this is fucking broken. QC Rejected 1/2 (keep in mind adrian and oi may have different opinions)

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Holy shit this is fucking broken. QC Rejected 1/2 (keep in mind adrian and oi may have different opinions)
eh like its HP is so low its only niche is its def:
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 129-153 (40.3 - 47.8%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 139-165 (41.6 - 49.4%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
then again
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cofagrigus: 175-207 (54.6 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

pretty damn bulky on both sides (but not at same time)

I would take off def boosts entirely, and make it an HP boost to 65:
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cofagrigus: 186-220 (55.6 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
more general damage done and it handles passive recoil better

Yeah I'm definitely changing that Cloyster submission; wasn't really thinking when I suggested it:

Cloyster

Movepool: + Recover, Spiky Shield
BST: SpDef + 5

Alright, WAY less broken, now you can use Cloyster as a physically defensive wall. Spiky Shield actually makes sense because of the spikes. Recover is there because if Jellicent and Quagsire get it, then why not cloyster? (god awful typing though, still, good defense for a spike setter/spinner)

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
eh like its HP is so low its only niche is its def:
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 129-153 (40.3 - 47.8%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 139-165 (41.6 - 49.4%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
then again
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cofagrigus: 175-207 (54.6 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

pretty damn bulky on both sides (but not at same time)

I would take off def boosts entirely, and make it an HP boost to 65:
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cofagrigus: 186-220 (55.6 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
more general damage done and it handles passive recoil better
Okay, did that

Drifblim
Stats: +20 SpD
Movepool: +Recover, +Bulk Up

EDIT: Alternately +20 Def with no bulk up, but I like more baton passing options.

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Yeah I'm definitely changing that Cloyster submission; wasn't really thinking when I suggested it:

Cloyster

Alright, WAY less broken, now you can use Cloyster as a physically defensive wall. Spiky Shield actually makes sense because of the spikes. Recover is there because if Jellicent and Quagsire get it, then why not cloyster? (god awful typing though, still, good defense for a spike setter/spinner)
approved 1/2

Cloyster

QC Approved 2/2
Drifblim
Stats: +20 SpD
Movepool: +Recover, +Bulk Up
Roost > Recover. otherwise QC Approved 1/2

Haxorus
Stats: +4 speed
Abilities: Mold Breaker / Rivalry / Unnerve Own Tempo
Moves: +Iron Head

Spam banded Outrage 'nuff said speed might be a bit high but I think it's fair to allow it to wallbreak with band better or revenge with scarf.

Reserving Kingdra
Kingdra has always been a bit forgotten as a Dragon dancer because of its main difference from other dragons is its tipping and while is type is amazing it has to face against Dragonite, MZard X, Gyarados and even Salamence and Haxorus when making a team, its main niche of being a Swift swim sweeper died soon in BW and never reached its potencial in XY because of the weather nerf, this gen it found the great Critdra set but still perished to the land of UU. But aside from its niches Kingdra always seemed like a more than solid DD and rain sweeper, it only missed the power and bulk it adversaries have, as well as better coverage or another move to help him stand out, so I present:

Stats: Atk and Sp.Atk+5, Hp+ 10
Movepool: Yawn( Justified by the lore)

Last edited:
Ok, I've removed the illegality on Dragalge and removed Rock Head on Tyrantrum. Y'all make it sound like it's going Uber if/when its hidden ability is released (it IS Rock Head if you didn't know)
I'll post the updated stuff here.

Dragalge
Stats: +15 HP
Movepool: +Slack Off
QC Approved: Peef Rimgar (Under condition removed illegality) 1/2

Tyrantrum
Stats: +10 Speed
Movepool: +Hyper Fang
QC Approved: Peef Rimgar (Under condition removed Rock Head) 1/2

These just needs to be QC Monte Cristo Adrian Marin, then they can be pushed to the OP.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Ok, I've removed the illegality on Dragalge and removed Rock Head on Tyrantrum. Y'all make it sound like it's going Uber if/when its hidden ability is released (it IS Rock Head if you didn't know)
I'll post the updated stuff here.

Dragalge
Stats: +15 HP
Movepool: +Slack Off
QC Approved: Peef Rimgar (Under condition removed illegality) 1/2

Tyrantrum
Stats: +10 Speed
Movepool: +Hyper Fang
QC Approved: Peef Rimgar (Under condition removed Rock Head) 1/2

These just needs to be QC Monte Cristo Adrian Marin, then they can be pushed to the OP.
I already approved of dragalge ?_?

qc approved 2/2 both

/2

Technician is a little bit too much for it.

QC Rejected 1/2
Excuse me Adrian I'm not quality control or anything but how on the Earth is Technician too much for Lucario if it doesn't have any good Technician boosted move on the physical set(Bullet Punch sucks because Lucario's niche is being a sweeper that shreks Thundurus and Talonflame with ExtremeSpeed) and special sets are still walled by a bunch of shit on stall(you need HP Steel for Sylveon, HP Ice for Zapdos and Latias, HP Electric for Gyarados, Slowbor and StallZardY, HP Flying for Chesnaught, Venusaur and Amoonguss and HP Ghost for Aegislash, Slowbro and Latias), while offense has something that takes its Vacuum Wave without even trying?

Reserving Diggersby and Rotom forms btw.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Excuse me Adrian I'm not quality control or anything but how on the Earth is Technician too much for Lucario if it doesn't have any good Technician boosted move on the physical set(Bullet Punch sucks because Lucario's niche is being a sweeper that shreks Thundurus and Talonflame with ExtremeSpeed) and special sets are still walled by a bunch of shit on stall(you need HP Steel for Sylveon, HP Ice for Zapdos and Latias, HP Electric for Gyarados, Slowbor and StallZardY, HP Flying for Chesnaught, Venusaur and Amoonguss and HP Ghost for Aegislash, Slowbro and Latias), while offense has something that takes its Vacuum Wave without even trying?

Reserving Diggersby and Rotom forms btw.
can't reserve all rotom forms at once, that's technically more than 2 mons at a time

Ledian
Stats : +10 Atk (35 => 45), +10 Spd (85 => 95) BST : 410
Ability : HA : Iron Fist => Pure Power.

45 Base Atk + Pure Power is somewhat equivalent to 130 Base Atk when fully invested. If it's too much, 35 Base Atk is equivalent to 118 Atk. Let's not forget that Ledian is x4 weak to SR, has a shitty typing in general, and that its best physical STAB options are Bug Bite, U Turn (Stealth Rock says hi) and Acrobatics. And it isn't tanking hits anytime soon with 55/50/110 defensive stats.
It also lacks any attack with more than 80 BP, as its only coverage moves are Drain Punch, Knock Off and the elemental punches.
It's still quite unviable, but at least it can actually do something instead of being a punching-bag.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Ledian
Stats : +10 Atk (35 => 45), +10 Spd (85 => 95) BST : 410
Ability : HA : Iron Fist => Pure Power.

45 Base Atk + Pure Power is somewhat equivalent to 130 Base Atk when fully invested. If it's too much, 35 Base Atk is equivalent to 118 Atk. Let's not forget that Ledian is x4 weak to SR, has a shitty typing in general, and that its best physical STAB options are Bug Bite, U Turn (Stealth Rock says hi) and Acrobatics. And it isn't tanking hits anytime soon with 55/50/110 defensive stats.
It also lacks any attack with more than 80 BP, as its only coverage moves are Drain Punch, Knock Off and the elemental punches.
It's still quite unviable, but at least it can actually do something instead of being a punching-bag.
approved 1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)