OM Mashup

Status
Not open for further replies.

logo by Arhops :)

This isn't a metagame per say, but more so two metagames. Every month we will decided on two metagames to combine, or mashup, if you will. This'll last for a month and we'll begin anew with another idea! To kickstart this, we'll begin by combining STABmons + AAA, as these are the two permanent ladders, meaning more people will be familiar with these both.

Rules:
  • Standard OM rules apply.
  • Please don't add anything off of the forbidden list!
  • If a meta is already mashed up, there will be a cool down period of one extra month. For example, since STABmons is August, it is ineligible for September, but is available again in November.
  • Banlists from each tier apply, meaning if in AAA Weavile is banned, it's banned in this mashup as well, the same goes for Porygon-Z and Sylveon.
Schedule: (x = month)
  • Week 1 of x - Nomination / Voting (3 days, 3 days)
  • Week 2-4 of x - Discussion
  • On the last day of a month, we'll stop discussion and have a day to cool down before nomination.
Past Mashups:
  • August - STABmons + AAA
  • September - Balanced Hackmons + Inverse
Forbidden List:
  • Balanced Hackmons - Basically free for all and nothing else is added to this metagame, it doesn't blend with anything because anything is possible.
  • Hackmons - Same reasoning as BH, however, this is illegible to match with anything.
  • Ability x Ability - Ability Shift + Ability Match (two great metas) wouldn't be very interesting, try and spice it up. I started with a kind of not-so to get this moving.
Here's some metas that might be good to mash with:
  • 1v1
  • Metagamiate
  • STABmons
  • No Ability
  • INVERSE
Helpful Links:
Replays:
Currently, uncoded! If you have any questions / concerns, please post them in this thread or VM them to me. (Or you can PM me on Showdown in the othermetas room!)

approved by The Eevee General & The Immortal

Last edited:
I'm surprised noöne thought of this ages ago.

Excellent idea.

Meet death.

Meloetta @ Pixie Plate / Fist Plate
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Boomburst
- Stored Power
- Judgment

+2 252 SpA Adaptability Meloetta Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 209-246 (54.1 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Adaptability Meloetta Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 366-432 (90.5 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Adaptability Meloetta Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 384-454 (54.5 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Adaptability Meloetta Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 404-476 (120.9 - 142.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Meet Porygon-Z: Rebirth of the Return of the Revenge of the Reckoning.

More ideas:
  • Soundproof or Prankster Spd Meloetta lets it wall most Boomburst users or steal Geomancy user's boosts before they can attack with Heart Swap.
  • Gale Wings genies (any of them, really) are scary.
  • Prankster Chansey. With Transform. Run, run in terror!
  • Was going to joke about Wigglytuff, but ninjask'd. I don't think it deserves banning with worse stats in a higher powered metagame, though.
I think we shouldn't rush to quickban or unban things; let's see how things play out first.

unfixable are we combining each OM's banlists or does it start fresh? So are Sylveon, Porygon-Z, and Weavile still banned?
Yes, each banlist will be taken from each meta and mashed up. Sylveon, P-Z, and Weavile are banned, Darkrai is unbanned, certain abilities are banned, etc. Also, feel free to talk about any potentially broken threats as well!

I actually did have a very similar idea, basically the same except in tournament form instead of ladder, and I had a mass PM that included unfixable asking if the rules sounded good that I sent out a while ago.

Hey unfixable, you should probably ask other people if it's okay if you copy their idea. I don't mind that you did this, since I was gonna procrastinate a while longer before submitting it, but it is kinda rude to not ask me if you can submit it, or at least say, "Hey I want to play that, can you submit it now plz?"

Anyway, that aside, really looking forward to this. STABmons + AAA has a lot of potential. A few thoughts about it:
  • Poison Heal is the greatest unbanned ability, giving lots of passive recovery and effective status immunity.
  • Literally any dark type can run Prankster + Dark Void + Parting Shot.
  • Any normal type can run Belly Drum+Unburden to gain an edge against other E-Speeders, or Check Pouch to immediately return to full health after the Drum.
  • Gale Wings/Unburden Geomancy Togekiss.
  • Normal/Flyers get Aerate E-Speed/Boomburst. Wigglytuff gets Pixelate for a similar effect.
  • Regirock shuts down dangerous threats like Talonflame, and most normal types not named Diggersby, and gets access to Regenerator to heal off chip damage from switching into E-Speed.
  • Serene Grace Sacred Fire is a thing.
  • All fighting types can do No Guard Dynamic Punch, Fire Types get No Guard Inferno/Magma Storm, Electric types get No Guard Zap Cannon, etc.
  • Scrappy E-Speed, now available to all normal types. As is Tinted Lens.

Last edited:
PokemonMasterDebater umm I didn't realize I was copying your idea man, sorry. I completely forgot about that PM when I was writing this up, and I feel bad now, I'm really sorry. But I mean, it's different because it's permanent and not a tour and is a bit more organized. Once again, terribly sorry man :<.

EV

Banned deucer.
Unfixable knew this idea had been presented before when it came through submissions. It was not intentional. If anything it came at the right time because the idea has been tossed around in OMs for so long now and I told him that.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Who needs to miss when you can hit

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Zap Cannon / Thunder
- Hurricane / Oblivion Wing
- Focus Blast
- Taunt / Roost

So I was choosing between Zapdos, Thundy-T, and Thundy-I for this set (RIP Rotom-Fan ;_;), and I think Thundy-T is the best choice due to his power and movepool. Zap Cannon and Hurricane are obviously STABmon moves. Zap Cannon is really neat for having 100 BP and always paralyzing. However, Thunder does have more power and a decent chance for paralyze. Hurricane is strong STAB with a nasty 30% confusion chance, which pairs with Zap Cannon / Thunder a little too well. Oblivion Wing is always a good STAB choice on a special flying-type though. Focus Blast is fantastic coverage, and doesn't miss thanks to No Guard. Last slot is kind of filler, although Taunt is annoying for stallmons, while Roost keeps it alive. You can also run Thunder / Oblivion Wing on that slot along with the other STABs. Hell, you could run Defog or Knock Off if you really wanted to.

PokemonMasterDebater umm I didn't realize I was copying your idea man, sorry. I completely forgot about that PM when I was writing this up, and I feel bad now, I'm really sorry. But I mean, it's different because it's permanent and not a tour and is a bit more organized. Once again, terribly sorry man :<.
It's fine, it not a big deal or anything. In fact, I think that this concept actually works better in ladder form, since you have more than 1 week to explore the wild possibilities that combining two OMs provides. So really, if anything I should actually be thanking you for improving on my idea.

Excellent idea.

Meet death.

Meloetta @ Pixie Plate / Fist Plate
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Boomburst
- Stored Power
- Judgment

+2 252 SpA Adaptability Meloetta Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 209-246 (54.1 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Adaptability Meloetta Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Meloetta: 366-432 (90.5 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Adaptability Meloetta Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 384-454 (54.5 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Adaptability Meloetta Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 404-476 (120.9 - 142.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Meet Porygon-Z: Rebirth of the Return of the Revenge of the Reckoning.

More ideas:
  • Soundproof or Prankster Spd Meloetta lets it wall most Boomburst users or steal Geomancy user's boosts before they can attack with Heart Swap.
  • Gale Wings genies (any of them, really) are scary.
  • Prankster Chansey. With Transform. Run, run in terror!
  • Was going to joke about Wigglytuff, but ninjask'd. I don't think it deserves banning with worse stats in a higher powered metagame, though.
I think we shouldn't rush to quickban or unban things; let's see how things play out first.
IDK but why not Simple on SS melo? ( or it is banned? )

EDIT: ooooooookay....

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
I know BH is banned but how about combining it with Tier Shift? They don't overlap and it could give BH some more variety by giving it a lot more usable mons
BH is not broken into tiers. No OM is broken into tiers. PU is an exception as a product of the least usage of the lowest tier.

But the thing is that each tier is usage, in BH there is usage but it's not split into tiers, so it wouldn't be possible.

Keldeo was already one of the greatest wallbreakers in AAA, now it gets water spout. Uh, can we please ban that thing?

Keldeo aside, this adds a lot of variety to these metagames. Massive threats from AAA like suicune are now helpless against the topsy turvy wielding dark types, while BD/Espeed sweepers from STABmons can now run scrappy or tinted lens to deal with coverage issues. Looks like fun!

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
I had a dream that this might be a good idea, seems like unfixable is one step ahead of me. Yet now that stabmons is with AAA... I can see many stab prankster spores in the future. Yet we can all agree, no matter what happens, Adaptability should be banned if it's in coalition with stabmons. Any move + extra stab? yeah no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)