Ability: Sand Stream->Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dual Chop/dragon claw
- Earthquake/thousand arrows
- Iron Head/iron tail/rock slide/stone edge
stats:357/359/226/176/207/333->357/439/266/248/227/311

a rather simple set that has the potential to be very deadly.
Eh... Aren't unrealeased moves banned in STABmons

EV

Banned deucer.
Here's another idea, in the same vein as Houndoom.

@
(Charizardite X)
Ability: Drought
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Nature: Adamant
- V-create
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Tailwind?

Mega Charizard X is an absolute nuke in the sun. A sun-boosted Tough Claws V-create demolishes even fully defensive resists.

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune in Sun: 210-248 (51.9 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal

The drops from V-create are pretty unsavory, but Speed can be mitigated somewhat by getting off a Tailwind at some point. I guess Dragon Dance would work too, if you want to trade x2 Speed for +1/+1 Speed/Attack instead. It's still stopped cold by Flash Fire Steels not weak to Earthquake like Escavalier, Skarmory, or Scizor who can use your switch to setup (in Scizor's case), so you better have a Mold Breaker in the wings to take them out.

What about mew?

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Imprison
- Transform
- Will-O-Wisp/Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled

With prankster it might be able to pull off an imprison transform set, and still be able to be a little cunt like it was in AAA. Pretty much imprison a mon, and then transform to force a switch, or knock off/WoW on a predicted switch. I'm not sure if it's viable, but it looks fun

Ok, so I know I just banned Keldeo, but I'm considering unbanning Keldeo and banning something else, as crazy as that sounds. What do you think about Banning Water Spout? I think Water Spout is the culprit, not Keldeo itself. I tested for a bit with Greninja over Keldeo and it still went to town with Water Spout + Tinted Lens, it OHKOed a Manaphy at -1 ffs o3o. Thoughts?

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Its a manaphy at -1...although i think it might be banned on greninja too imo. Tinted lens breaks so many mons i dont really think that water spout is the culprit either.

I think banning water spout (and eruption on similar grounds, even though nobodys abusing it *yet*) is a fine idea.

completely separate topic I think this set is pretty sweet:

Chansey @ eviolite
Ability: Prankster
Evs: 4HP/252Def/252SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Stealth Rock/Toxic/Seismic Toss
- Transform

Turning into a HUGE hp version of your opponents pokemon with an eviolite boost is pretty insane, and the set can still do normal chansey things, often catching foes unaware with the sudden (and prankster speed) transform

xJownage

Well i just made an eruption+v-create abuser:

Infernape @ Expert Belt
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Eruption
- High Jump Kick
- Earthquake
- V-create

Mixed walls only wall it, and most just get obliterated. Special walls can't answer this thing's raw power on both sides of the spectrum, so that makes it so good. FF steels that normally switch into it either have to face HJK or EQ, and most of them except scizor are beaten by one or the other. Adaptability makes it even more amazing, the all too common prankster spiritomb cannot burn it if it kills something too, which is a huge advantage for it. Meanwhile it can often come in on them as well, being able to not get burned due to the fire typing and obliterate it with any move. This thing's extreme power means that any moveset you use will work, an eruption + focus blast + grass knot + v-create mixed set is an option too.

Infernape @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Eruption
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- V-create

Mixed specs is good before, but tinted lens specs eruption off this thing...I think you get the picture. Read the above and you will get it. This thing will obliterate stuff off the face of the earth, this is the go-to special wallbreaker not mega evolved after the keldeo ban (and maybe the water spout one although i don't think that water spout is the root of the issue)

Well since i'm here...Protean and Tinted Lens are the two best abilities in the game by far. So yeah, fuck adaptability when you can just use protean or tinted lens on extremely high powered shit.

Last edited:
Well i just made an eruption+v-create abuser:

Infernape @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Eruption
- High Jump Kick
- Earthquake
- V-create

Mixed walls only wall it, and most just get obliterated. Special walls can't answer this thing's raw power on both sides of the spectrum, so that makes it so good. FF steels that normally switch into it either have to face HJK or EQ, and most of them except scizor are beaten by one or the other. Protean makes it even more amazing, the all too common prankster spiritomb cannot burn it if it kills something with a fire move. Meanwhile it can often come in on them as well, being able to not get burned due to the fire typing and obliterate it with any move. This thing's extreme power means that any moveset you use will work, an eruption + focus blast + grass knot + v-create mixed set is an option too.

Well since i'm here...Protean and Tinted Lens are the two best abilities in the game by far. So yeah, fuck adaptability when you can just use protean or tinted lens on extremely high powered shit.
it cant be burned even WITHOUT protean, switch ability to tinted lens (or adaptability) imo

canno

formerly The Reptile
Just saying, but Adaptability is much better on the set you posted than Protean is, considering the ridiculous BP of the moves in questions (mainly V-Create and Eruption) and how Fire / Fighting coverage is pretty good on its own.

xJownage

what am I, stupid? yes I am. Idiot me not thinking at all. Either way I am thinking an adaptability ban is more likely at this point, but yeah.

Specs tinted lens eruption is an option too (heeheehee)

Ok, so I know I just banned Keldeo, but I'm considering unbanning Keldeo and banning something else, as crazy as that sounds. What do you think about Banning Water Spout? I think Water Spout is the culprit, not Keldeo itself. I tested for a bit with Greninja over Keldeo and it still went to town with Water Spout + Tinted Lens, it OHKOed a Manaphy at -1 ffs o3o. Thoughts?
Yea that hurt a lot :(
Its a manaphy at -1...although i think it might be banned on greninja too imo. Tinted lens breaks so many mons i dont really think that water spout is the culprit either.
Nonono the GRENINJA was at -1.

It was in rain though. That I brought. It was terrifying I tell you.

mandibuzz @ leftovers
Magic Guard
Roost
Defog
Topsy Turvy/Parting Shot/Dark Void/Knock Off/Toxic
Topsy Turvy/Parting Shot/Dark Void/Knock Off/Toxic

Hello guys! We need some suggestions for what to mash with for the month of September, so you can go ahead and post whatever thoughts :].

reliable mons+type control
Negative metagame/350 cup+Mergemons

if either of these win I'll be happy.
The first is a combination of a meta that boosts stall and one that boosts offense(similar to current) as well as being really cool.
the second is one that combines a meta that boosts LC level mons and one that allows them to have good movepools. this is also very cool

Ooh finally:

6 move + Hackmons
1v1 + Camomons
1v1 + Type Control (unless type control is too new to be nom'd)

6 move hackmons would make Hackmons even more unpredictable, and takes 6 move (an otherwise glorified OU) and hackmons (4MSS rules the world) to make a great meta overall

1v1 + type changing meta is pretty cool, as this introduces an entirely new concept to 1v1, making it have endless amounts of fun.

Last edited:
Ooh finally:

6 move + Hackmons
1v1 + Camomons
1v1 + Type Control (unless type control is too new to be nom'd)

6 move hackmons would make Hackmons even more unpredictable, and takes 6 move (an otherwise glorified OU) and hackmons (4MSS rules the world) to make a great meta overall

1v1 + type changing meta is pretty cool, as this introduces an entirely new concept to 1v1, making it have endless amounts of fun.
I would say avoid putting camomons on anything because it's way too unpredictable as it is(think PH and BH then add them and square the result)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)