5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Edit: changed post completely

I had an odd thing happen to me. I was looking for shiny spreads when I did manage to find one. However, when I copy/pasted the seed into the PIDRNG, the same frame showed up non-shiny with a different nature. Any explanations?
Could be that you don't have the same TID/SID in the Time Finder and main window (that would account for the non-shininess), you don't have the right encounter method selected, or you don't have the right required lead selected in the main window. If you can post a screenshot, I can take a closer look.

Could be that you don't have the same TID/SID in the Time Finder and main window (that would account for the non-shininess), you don't have the right encounter method selected, or you don't have the right required lead selected in the main window. If you can post a screenshot, I can take a closer look.
It was a required lead issue and I'm going for a Metang so I need to keep searching (Curse you Cute Charm).

EDIT:
Are there any walking NPCs that would interfere with an RNG in Chargestone Cave B2F. If so, how do I hit my correct seed and PID frame?

Last edited:
Ok so I am trying to RNG a shiny thundurus in white. I got the trainer ID I wanted and on the frame 775, I should ideally have a shiny thundurus.

But I can't, for the life of me, get my shifted starting frame.

I can consistently hit a PIDRNG frame by just mashing through A. I get the IV's I'm supposed to get and I always get a Quirky nature with "Alert to Sounds". Then I try chattoting once and then doing it. I can consistently hit another frame which is Bold and "Capable of taking hits". However, I don't find any adjacent (adjacent as in within 1 to 10 distance to each other) such results when I look at the roamer PIDRNG list from 0 to 1000. It's during summer, so there is no weather.

I also hit another timer0 frequently; (this is the actual timer0 I want) but its still the same deal. IV's are nice but I can't get the SSF.

Anyone have experience regarding shiny abusing the roamers? Help is really appreciated.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
For finding a SSF, it's best not just to have 2 test advances (there's likely a lot of times those two natures come within reasonable bounds of one another in the 0–1000 frame range).
Instead I would try (starting with 10 advances to be able to use Chatots to check your seed):
• 10 advances
• 15 advances
• 20 advances
• 25 advances
• 30 advances
and try and spot a pattern from the additional information. If you're still struggling after this, maybe post the seed you're hitting and the natures you got after each of the above attempts.
If you have the ability to restore saves for this game, then you can just check the PID of the one you get with either no or 10 advancements—which will give you your exact SSF in one turn—then restore to the save before you'd caught it.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
EDIT:
Are there any walking NPCs that would interfere with an RNG in Chargestone Cave B2F. If so, how do I hit my correct seed and PID frame?
Sorry, haven't been on much this week, and just now saw your edit XD. I think there are NPCs on that floor (but not on B1F). Hitting your seed is no different from before, but your PID frame will be higher than the initial frame the reporter predicts. Just mash X to open the menu asap, then find your SSF by advancing a few frames with Chatots, and catching a Pokemon/checking the chatter pitches to see where you are. Once you find out how many advances the NPCS do, just adjust your advances accordingly to get your target frame.

For finding a SSF, it's best not just to have 2 test advances (there's likely a lot of times those two natures come within reasonable bounds of one another in the 0–1000 frame range).
Instead I would try (starting with 10 advances to be able to use Chatots to check your seed):
• 10 advances
• 15 advances
• 20 advances
• 25 advances
• 30 advances
and try and spot a pattern from the additional information. If you're still struggling after this, maybe post the seed you're hitting and the natures you got after each of the above attempts.
If you have the ability to restore saves for this game, then you can just check the PID of the one you get with either no or 10 advancements—which will give you your exact SSF in one turn—then restore to the save before you'd caught it.
Ok so I have more than two. I have 5 trials per Timer0 values. I'll just post them up. What I get is that the chatot advances cannot advance regularly; like do +1 to SSF since they affect the rain that is summoned which in turn pushes you to SSF. I would like to know though how should an advance reflect on the final results. SO I have two seeds. The one I want (with C80) is D2504A0ACF899B29 and my TID/SID: 63666/56571 has a shiny timid frame on 775 with roamer IVs of 31/30/30/31/31/31 on IV frame 1. The other one is ACE7F64FB31E9B42 (with C7F). I can consistently hit the following on both;

0+ chatot:
C7F: Quirky (Alert to sounds)
C80: Calm (Alert to sounds)
1+ chatot:
C7F: Quirky (Alert to sounds)
C80: Relaxed (Mischievous)
2+ chatot:
C80: Sassy (Mischievous)
C7F: Bold (Capable of taking hits)
3+ chatot:
C7F: Bold (Capable of taking hits)
C80: Adamant (Somewhat vain)
4+ chatot:
C80: Sassy (Mischievous)
C7F: Rash (Capable of taking hits)

At this point I got frustrated and quit. Might resume today. What I'm getting from the repeats in C7F is that the advancement when I mash the A button is not consistent; it changes the advancement depending on which frame I started. But it doesn't differ that much. And almost all of these are consistent; as if I mash through A; I get the same results. I am searching within the range of a 1000; I'll be pretty mortified if I get a frame higher than 770 since my shiny occurs on frame 775. Also I don't see where the option for displaying characteristics is on PPRNG. If there is one; I won't have to log in and out of my windows partition every time. OR I can't filter the results to search for specific natures or shininess; the boxes appear grayed out.

Also, I can't get the PPRNG to display characteristics in search. Is that doable? Would save me time from switching back and forth between mac and windows.

Last edited:
(The links are to 9.96.6a and whatever version the XP one is *shrugs*.)
Thanks for the links, guys. I had heard that a more recent version had support for B2W2 and Dream Radar abuse. I also decided to move this here, seeing as it is more relevant to 5th gen, now.

Would either of you (or anyone, really) happen to know why there is a tab for Dream Radar, but is unfinished? To clarify, unlike the other tabs, none of the fields have any preexisting data entered (except for one of the min/max frame fields) and there are no natures - not even "Any" - for the nature drop-down menu.

Besides the nature bit, that's not a problem. However, whenever I run a search, it immediately stops working and closes itself. I know I have .Net Framework 4.5 installed, as I've done RNG abuse before (with 9.96.5 Beta). Other searches work as expected, even Grotto when I tried it once (just to check). I was planning to try Dream Radar abuse, but I don't have a Mac and now it seems I won't be able to use Reporter either. Is there an alternative for Dream Radar abuse or have I just done something wrong/am I missing something?

EDIT:
Well, it's not perfect, but I found this (thanks to ash1236): http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/pokemon-dream-radar-rng-reporter-rng-guide/

Last edited:
Thanks for the links, guys. I had heard that a more recent version had support for B2W2 and Dream Radar abuse. I also decided to move this here, seeing as it is more relevant to 5th gen, now.

Would either of you (or anyone, really) happen to know why there is a tab for Dream Radar, but is unfinished? To clarify, unlike the other tabs, none of the fields have any preexisting data entered (except for one of the min/max frame fields) and there are no natures - not even "Any" - for the nature drop-down menu.

Besides the nature bit, that's not a problem. However, whenever I run a search, it immediately stops working and closes itself. I know I have .Net Framework 4.5 installed, as I've done RNG abuse before (with 9.96.5 Beta). Other searches work as expected, even Grotto when I tried it once (just to check). I was planning to try Dream Radar abuse, but I don't have a Mac and now it seems I won't be able to use Reporter either. Is there an alternative for Dream Radar abuse or have I just done something wrong/am I missing something?
Which version did you download? If you go to timefinder and dream radar, it has everything.

Edit: I'm using 9.96.6 Beta

Last edited:
Which version did you download? If you go to timefinder and dream radar, it has everything.

Edit: I'm using 9.6.6 Beta
I downloaded the 9.96.6 Alpha 3 version (from both you and .com, to confirm they were identical - which they were)

Here is what it looks like:

EDIT:
Big image is too big...

Last edited:
I downloaded the 9.96.6 Alpha 3 version (from both you and .com, to confirm they were identical - which they were)

Here is what it looks like:
Oh, let me try to find a link for 9.96.6 Beta then.
EDIT: Wait is the title of of it? When you run the program not the name of the file in the folder.
Mine says 9.96.6 alpha but when I open it, it says beta.

Oh, let me try to find a link for 9.96.6 Beta then.
EDIT: Wait is the title of of it? When you run the program not the name of the file in the folder.
Mine says 9.96.6 alpha but when I open it, it says beta.
OK, let's see... mine is actually 9.96.6 BETA when I open the program. So, it seems it's [almost] identical to yours.

Weird, iirc I downloaded it from reddit so I have no idea what is wrong with yours. Mine looks fine. See if something else is different.
Alright, I just tried downloading the XP version from that Reddit link, and it works. I now have a working interface. However, it doesn't seem to actually search. The search pops up, but doesn't search anything. Total seeds and found seeds both remain zero. Either it's due to my slow computer, or something else entirely. I can do other searches just fine - it's just really, really slow (but that's due to my computer).

Either way, thanks for the help. I guess I'll give it a go one more time next weekend, otherwise I'll have to forget it.

First I would like to point out that the RNG capture I am trying to get is a White Forest capture, meaning no Sweet Scent (unless there is a method to getting to use Sweet Scent I am unaware of).

I have hit my correct shiny seed and got the exact number of advances but only got the IVs. Not the nature or shininess (I have read that encounter slots are random in White Forest). Any suggestions as to how I can succeed (I am going for Ralts).

Attachments

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
First I would like to point out that the RNG capture I am trying to get is a White Forest capture, meaning no Sweet Scent (unless there is a method to getting to use Sweet Scent I am unaware of).

I have hit my correct shiny seed and got the exact number of advances but only got the IVs. Not the nature or shininess (I have read that encounter slots are random in White Forest). Any suggestions as to how I can succeed (I am going for Ralts).
Pure luck. White Forest abuse is a massive pain, due to the prevalence of NPCs (I think the leaves that come down advance the frame too, someone correct me if I'm wrong). The trick would be to locate your SSF, advance to where your shiny or nature frame is, run a step in to get an encounter, find out how much you missed it by, and stop advancing that many frames earlier on your next attempt.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

To add to what lockiegengar12 said: there's also the joy that in White Forest Synchroniser frames don't work as expected; they're seemingly random (I believe they're controlled by the Timer1 which—much like the Timer0—is a big troll and can't be controlled). Due to this you may find that once you hit your shiny frame there's still only a 50% chance that the synchroniser decided to pull their weight [in fact, in order to help with finding which frame you're hitting it might be best to either find a non-Sync frame, or just do a couple test runs without one leading your party].

Since Ralts can be caught elsewhere, I'd strongly advise doing a different form of RNG for one.

Last edited:

If you have access to BW1, why not capture a normal ralts and then breed it. I got both a HP fire and normal modest shiny ralts from it. And you can get the correct nature/ability easier, or is it just cause of some special ball?

Last edited:

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
If you have access to BW1, why not capture a normal ralts and then breed it. I got both a HP fire and normal modest shiny ralts from it. And you can get the correct nature/ability easier, or is it just cause of some special ball?
Perhaps he'd rather have it in a fancy Pokéball.

It's for Luxury Ball + Hyper Voice, but a .com stated; I can RNG it in a different game.

Speaking of other games, what game would be the easiest to RNG in (do not factor breeding because I will not RNG breed) after BW1 (a list of all in order would be appreciated, but not necessary)?

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
It's for Luxury Ball + Hyper Voice, but a .com stated; I can RNG it in a different game.

Speaking of other games, what game would be the easiest to RNG in (do not factor breeding because I will not RNG breed) after BW1 (a list of all in order would be appreciated, but not necessary)?
The easiest way to catch a cool Poké Ball Ralts without resorting to the painful White Forest or Entralink Abuse (the latter if you don't care about Shininess) is in any 4th Gen game (preferably in HGSS), so if you only have 5th Gen games, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

The easiest way to catch a cool Poké Ball Ralts without resorting to the painful White Forest or Entralink Abuse (the latter if you don't care about Shininess) is in any 4th Gen game (preferably in HGSS), so if you only have 5th Gen games, I'm afraid you're out of luck.
Good thing I have Gens III through VI.

Is it possible to have a novelty TID and still RNG for flawless (or very close to flawless) shininess in Gen IV?

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Good thing I have Gens III through VI.

Is it possible to have a novelty TID and still RNG for flawless (or very close to flawless) shininess in Gen IV?
Of course, you can even have an ID of 00000 if you want (For example I abused a file with said TID for a Bold/Timid Shiny pentaflawless spread in Platinum some time ago).

So for some reason I had downloaded version 9.95 Beta, but I would like to update to 9.96.5. I clicked the download link on the original post but came up with a file name dotnetfx45_full_setup.exe

Is this the correct file I should be using to update my RNG Reporter or am I correct to be suspicious?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)