Ladder Anything Goes

upload_2014-11-29_21-48-47.png
upload_2014-11-29_21-50-24.png
upload_2014-11-29_21-51-51.png

Good evening! As most of you now know, a new metagame has been created in lieu of Mega Rayquaza's ban from the Ubers tier. In this metagame, known as "Anything Goes," you are permitted to use virtually any Pokemon, move, and ability you want. The only restriction in place is the Endless Battle clause, meaning that unlimited sleep, Swagger, and even Moody are permitted! If you want to dabble in this new metagame, you must realize that Mega Rayquaza isn't the only notable threat. Moody Octillery, Swagger Liepard, and a buffed Darkrai are all going to have their chance to shine in this metagame.

Here are some questions to mull over to get you thinking about this metagame:
  • Luck - Is it possible to build a consistent team around the Swagger + Foul Play strategy? How many Swagger users do you need on such teams and how can you build a capable team around your Swagger mon(s)?
  • RIP Moody and Sleep Clause - Just how good will Glalie, Smeargle and Bibarel be in this metagame? How can teams prepare for / abuse Darkrai's newfound ability to sleep as many Pokemon as it wants?
  • No Species Clause either - Are there any Pokemon powerful enough to justify using more than one teamslot on & how would doing so affect team synergy, if at all?
  • I like my new surroundings! - What Pokemon in the Ubers metagame can take advantage of the new threats? (hint: think Rest + Sleep Talk users and Pokemon with the Unaware ability)

Note: Please use this thread to discuss the metagame itself, NOT the decision to split Ubers up. Those who do talk about the decision will be infracted.

AG Resources can be found here.

I'm also interested in Mega Glalie ;). It can effectively beat Mega Rayquaza so it must be good :o. But tbh with Klefki running around, it'll be cool because Moody --> Double-Edge / Earthquake will be tough to beat!

Reactions: EV

Aelita

Return To The Past, Now~
is a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
I like my team tyvm.

Also Moody is gr8.

I run 4 Moody Smeargles with a combo of Dark Void, Substitute, Minimize, Baton Pass, Ingrain, Shell Smash, Cotton Guard and Heal Bell, with Baton Passes to Stored Power Gardevoir and Aerial Ace M-Rayquazas for the annoying mirror matchups and it's working VERY well for me thus far.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
A quick question:

Will AG be counted as a a part of Ubers, or will it be a completely different metagame? If it does become its own meta, then will it receive its own thread like the OM thread or would it still be discussed within Uber forums?
AG at the moment is apart of Ubers, depending on interest it may get its own subforum/chatroom. It's not an OM.

Could Scarf Infiltrator Noivern be a thing?

252 SpA Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza: 348-410 (98.8 - 116.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Noivern Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Klefki: 180-212 (56.6 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Glalie: 210-247 (69.7 - 82%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Can we please implement Swagger clause? I know it's "anything goes" but I mean when it's just 6 Klefkis spamming Swagger, it's really not fun to play whatsoever =.= It's not even an "uncompetitive" thing, it's just not fun to play with Swagger everywhere.

No discussion on OHKO spam?

Some (bad) replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-187758544
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-187761736
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-187762285

So Ogre seems to be the best abuser of Sheer Cold because of its good natural bulk and decent speed. Scald is good for Sash leads / random sturdy shit and OHKOs things like Mega Gengar when you don't feel like risking a Sheer Cold miss.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Sheer Cold
- Scald
- whatever filler necessary

I know Articuno gets lock-on + sheer cold but I would rather just gamble with the miss instead of using a turn to set it up. And Ogre can actually do stuff other than spam OHKOs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)