Ladder Anything Goes

Has anyone found some unique sets that stop common things here? Cuz i know in classic hacks people find ways to deal with the top stuff, and I wonder if AG could be the same?
and no not numel ffs

so far ive been using dennis's baton pass team to some success. i have fuckall to deal with mega ray however since sylveon can't take a dragon ascent so i may need to modify something. does anybody have any ideas? ive considered making sylveon more physically defensive but i fear that still wouldnt be able to deal with ray's sheer power.

Has anyone found some unique sets that stop common things here? Cuz i know in classic hacks people find ways to deal with the top stuff, and I wonder if AG could be the same?
and no not numel ffs
Sableye can burn MRay with WoW and MSableye can bounce Klefki. Given that means no MRayquaza of your own, but you'll survive. Maybe.

like I mentioned in the announcement thread, only clause I'm expecting to pop up eventually in here is the species clause, and people seem to be having a lot of fun stacking six of the same pokemon in a row right now (and the inevitable counters resulting from that, lmao 6 numel), so I doubt it'll come up in serious conversation for at least a week or so

This tier is pretty fun to get innovative in so I'll drop a few guys:

Haxorus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 40 def / 220 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roar
- Sleep talk
- w/e
- w/e

Here's a thing for all those people who want to a sure fire slot for batonpass elimination. It should be self explonary what you do with it, two last slots can be used for dragon tail, toxic, or whatever. Or not use em at all if you want to 100% sure get the foe outta here.

Another fun guy for those who want to cause maximun frustation:

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Minimize
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Swagger/Toxic

Bulky enough to survive lifeorb dragon ascent once and minimize makes sure it wont get hit often enough. Has good chances to make foe forfeit immidiatly.

So far im also trying to figure a good use for swoobat. with simple + double team or just unaware alone it has potential for so much silly things.

Check, possible counter to Klefki teams:

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Own Tempo
Bold, 252 HP/252 Def/6 Sp. Atk
Flamethrower
Surf
Calm Mind
Slack Off

That should put a serious dent into their Foul Play shenanigans.

-James

Primal Kyogre@Blue Orb
Nature: Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Sheer Cold
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald/Aqua Ring/Double Team

This set will be the definition of rage quit. The last slot depents on what you want to do. Scald against Sturdy Pokemon like Forretress (if that gets common),Aqua Ring (your new Leftovers) or Double Team to annoy your opponent even further.

Check, possible counter to Klefki teams:

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Own Tempo
Bold, 252 HP/252 Def/6 Sp. Atk
Flamethrower
Surf
Calm Mind
Slack Off

That should put a serious dent into their Foul Play shenanigans.

-James
It's not really a counter his counterwork is dented by taking a swagger while switching in, I had many problems when facing a M_slowbro with iron defense.

Mega Diancie is probably the second best Mega in AG (after M Ray of course). This set will ruin so many trolling opponents.

Diancie-Mega
item:Diancite
Nature: Calm
0 IV attack
252 hp, 252 sdef, 4 def
-rest
-sleep talk
-moonblast
-hidden power (fire)

This set hard counters Klefki, Liepard and Darkrai teams thanks to magic bounce. An un-boosted moonblast hits harder than max special attack normal Diancie so it will always OHKO Darkrai. Hidden power fire murders Klefki and has lots of pp so it can wipe out most the opposing team. Never use hidden power ground otherwise its much harder to deal with Thundurus. Rest-talk stops you from being worn down by foul plays and other attacks while still keeping offensive pressure.

The EV's are designed so that ditto (who is common on Swag-play teams) cannot easily break you down. Arceus fire makes for a good partner as you can switch him into transformed dittos with ease. Then spam judgment/ice beam to deal with Klefki/Thundurus who will try to switch in.

Mega Diancie is probably the second best Mega in AG (after M Ray of course). This set will ruin so many trolling opponents.

Diancie-Mega
item:Diancite
Nature: Calm
0 IV attack
252 hp, 252 sdef, 4 def
-rest
-sleep talk
-moonblast
-hidden power (fire)

This set hard counters Klefki, Liepard and Darkrai teams thanks to magic bounce. An un-boosted moonblast hits harder than max special attack normal Diancie so it will always OHKO Darkrai. Hidden power fire murders Klefki and has lots of pp so it can wipe out most the opposing team. Never use hidden power ground otherwise its much harder to deal with Thundurus. Rest-talk stops you from being worn down by foul plays and other attacks while still keeping offensive pressure.

The EV's are designed so that ditto (who is common on Swag-play teams) cannot easily break you down. Arceus fire makes for a good partner as you can switch him into transformed dittos with ease. Then spam judgment/ice beam to deal with Klefki/Thundurus who will try to switch in.
I run M_gengar with HP steel in my klefky paraswag team just for that.

Could Scarf Infiltrator Noivern be a thing?

252 SpA Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza: 348-410 (98.8 - 116.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Noivern Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Klefki: 180-212 (56.6 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Glalie: 210-247 (69.7 - 82%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Noivern: 347-409 (111.5 - 131.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Glalie Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Noivern: 300-352 (96.4 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

And there's a lot of things that 2hko klefki, that doesn't really mean shit. You still need to get lucky enough to be able to hit it.

Well, I've been lurking the ladder for a bit and just had my first win and I'm finding it fun so far. The only notes I can think of gathering right now are that 6 Klefkis are inefficient (I really do think that half the number accomplishes the same goal as a full team of them, I can test this hypothesis a little later though), baton pass chaining to Mega Rayquazza between two moody Smeargle is fun, Baton Pass in general is pretty fun right now and Espeon isn't quite a bulky enough Magic Bouncer. That said I am in ELO hell at the moment but from what I've seen six of a single pokemon seems like overkill, cut down the number in half and I feel like more teams would become more efficient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)