Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Do you guys want a full-proof, 100% CHECK to assist pdon? If the answer is yes, then i give to you:
sorry looool i just had too, since you before told me what a counter is, then you call gengar a counter, the second one is a good check, allthough you should still make it a bit more offensive (perhaps running judgement> steam, since assist cant really hurt you anyways, and it actually lets you be anti imposter, along with actually having STAB to help out. however i just don't like the first set. its too gimmicky and too "focused" on one threat to be decent to most teams imho

Im not sure if this is the place i should be asking this, but what the hey, ill ask anyway. (rhyme unintended)

Deoxys-S @ Kings Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
-Beat Up
-Sacred Fire
-Diamond Storm
-Stealth Rock

I'm not sure if Deoxys-S is the optimum Pokemon to abuse this moveset. Can you guys think of any better contenders? I just picked deoxys-s coz its the fastest and has okay bulk. Also could you suggest an alternative to diamond storm since i, like, never use it? I'm keeping SR btw.
If you want other mons that can abuse this set there are these mons:
-Mega Lopunny
Quite Fast and about as bulky as deo-s, out speeds quite a bit of the meta game and has 135 atk to milk the moves with, the typing is pretty nice too.
-Mega Mewtwo's
Mega Mewto X is ok speedy but has more power. Mega Mewtwo Y has good chunk of speed and still a nice 150 atk on top, Y is faster than bunny, X is slower than bunny.
-Mega Aerodactyl
Faster than mega lopunny and mewtwos and still nice 135 atk. Gets nice stab on diamond storm. Bit problematic typing tho

Eesh, sounds like this meta is turning into Balanced Hackgroudons. >.>

I might have to go to the drawing board to find something that isn't stopped by Mold Band if Groudon is still the meta when I start playing again.

Eesh, sounds like this meta is turning into Balanced Hackgroudons. >.>

I might have to go to the drawing board to find something that isn't stopped by Mold Band if Groudon is still the meta when I start playing again.
Primordial sea gourgeist has worked fine for me.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
regen eviolite tangela imo. standard set best counter (ironically it actually is, add parting shot/uturn/volt switch, and you got yourself a nice counter, too bad it doesn't do much else in the current meta). until you realize chatter is a thing tbh, it sounds disgustingly bad, but its something im actually willing to try out (ty cactus for your ingenious weird sets.) it allows you to also run stuff like prankdon with copycat arrows. basically assist spam but not as good.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Uselesscrab when I originally posted entrainment + roost mega ray I was using the slot with roost to deal with fur coat chansey, since it runs seismic toss as well as a recovery move normally requiring you to have roost to beat it. Now that I think of it its rather insignificant since the chansey will likely switch out anyways.

Is really necessary grass types with Primordial Sea to fully counter all Primal-Groudon variants?

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Groudon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 175-206 (34.7 - 40.8%) -- 59.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 196-231 (38.8 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I adjusted Groudon Base Attack to 180 (Primal form) and Earthquake power to 120 (Precipice Blades).

So I got to #1 on the ladder with this team (even though I didn't bother to make sure ev's are perfect) so I feel like I can actually talk about why Assist needs some sort of ban.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Chatter
- King's Shield
- Dragon Tail
- Mirror Move

Arceus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Switcheroo
- Destiny Bond
- Chatter

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP
- Transform
- Thousand Arrows
- Destiny Bond
- Dragon Tail

Groudon-Primal @ Choice Band
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Focus Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Switcheroo

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Focus Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Switcheroo

Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Focus Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Switcheroo

Shoutout to whoever gave me the idea for Rayquaza + Arceus in the creative movesets thread

Simply put almost everything that hopes to switch in is maimed by Switcheroo. You can pretty much keep at least one CB prankster Groudon in the back while forcing your opponent to commit their "checks" to deal with the other Groudon. Chansey works wonders with assist teams and let's them have a backbone check to most threatening sweepers.
MY RAY IS POPULAR! Yessssssssssss.

Is really necessary grass types with Primordial Sea to fully counter all Primal-Groudon variants?

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Groudon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 175-206 (34.7 - 40.8%) -- 59.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 196-231 (38.8 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I adjusted Groudon Base Attack to 180 (Primal form) and Earthquake power to 120 (Precipice Blades).
Just to add something better: If Knock Off or Trick or Pixilate Groudon worries this Giratina set, use Fur Coat Mega-Slowbro with Slowbronite:

Adaptability: 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Groudon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Slowbro: 130-153 (32.9 - 38.8%) -- 99.7% chance to 3HKO
Desolate Land: 252+ Atk Choice Band Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Slowbro in Sun: 108-128 (27.4 - 32.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Tinted Lens: 252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Slowbro: 144-171 (36.5 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

I already explained that tinted lens groudon isn't even countered by fur coat max def / hp megabro. Also gira is weak to trick.

I already explained that tinted lens groudon isn't even countered by fur coat max def / hp megabro. Also gira is weak to trick.
The calculator shows that Fur Coat Max HP/Def Mega-Slowbro takes 36.5-43.4% (3HKO) from Max Attack Choice Band Tinted Lens V-Create Primal-Groudon. And because Giratina is weak to Trick is the reason i quoted my own post to talk about Slowbro.

The calculator shows that Fur Coat Max HP/Def Mega-Slowbro takes 36.5-43.4% (3HKO) from Max Attack Choice Band Tinted Lens V-Create Primal-Groudon. And because Giratina is weak to Trick is the reason i quoted my own post to talk about Slowbro.
most (like about 75%) tinted lens groudon i saw did sacred fire before spamming v-create, a burned slowbro can't switch in again on groudon, if sun is up it's a 2hko, if rocks are up a lightly damaged slowbro will not be able to switch. I often run megabro with fur coat and from practice, it isn't in any way a counter to tinteddon.

The closest of a counter would be a ff shaymin sky since it resists tousand arrows and tinteddon runs precipice blade.

Last edited:
most (like about 75%) tinted lens groudon i saw did sacred fire before spamming v-create, a burned slowbro can't switch in again on groudon, if sun is up it's a 2hko, if rocks are up a lightly damaged slowbro will not be able to switch. I often run megabro with fur coat and from practice, it isn't in any way a counter to tinteddon.

The closest of a counter would be a ff shaymin sky since it resists tousand arrows and tinteddon runs precipice blade.
Tinted Lens Pdon may not run Thousand Arrows, but what about if it DOES run this move (as an exception, or maybe because it's not a bad idea to run Tinted Lens with 1kA to hit everything for neutral) or it is Adaptability?

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Groudon Land's Wrath vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shaymin-S: 179-211 (44.3 - 52.2%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Groudon Land's Wrath vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shaymin-S: 179-211 (44.3 - 52.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon Land's Wrath vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shaymin-S: 268-316 (66.3 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Besides, i mentioned this Slowbro should be used if Pixilate is a problem for Giratina, but Slowbro can't eat Boombursts and Judgments from Pdon too. For God sake, Slowbro can't even eat Magma Storm which it resists if Pdon has EVs invested on Sp.Atk or it is Tinted Lens. So i guess neither Slowbro nor Skymin can "fully counter" (if it is possible to fully counter anything in a metagame where you have any ability and move you want) Primal Groudon. At least Mega-Slowbro can hold Slowbronite to be immune against Knock Off and Trick.

I guess Mega-Pinsir is the closest we have of a Skymin that can hold a Mega Stone, but it's 2HKOed to 1kA Tinted Lens too:

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Groudon Land's Wrath vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Pinsir: 131-155 (39.2 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon Land's Wrath vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Pinsir: 196-232 (58.6 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Goddamit Pdon is overpowered no matter what meta he ends up in :/

Sadly you can only truely check/counter pdon if you know what set he's running, because pokemon that check some pdon sets get destroyed by other pdon sets. An example is mega gengar. Sure it traps and KOs pdon with steam eruption, but what if pdon happens to be running choice scarf or primordeal sea? Then this so called 'check' is fecked. This explains why Pdon is such a threat, and also why imposter chansey is so gud.

A random side note: Pdon is the only pokemon (i think) in BH that has justification for using his original ability (desolate land) over other ones.

Goddamit Pdon is overpowered no matter what meta he ends up in :/

Sadly you can only truely check/counter pdon if you know what set he's running, because pokemon that check some pdon sets get destroyed by other pdon sets. An example is mega gengar. Sure it traps and KOs pdon with steam eruption, but what if pdon happens to be running choice scarf or primordeal sea? Then this so called 'check' is fecked. This explains why Pdon is such a threat, and also why imposter chansey is so gud.

A random side note: Pdon is the only pokemon (i think) in BH that has justification for using his original ability (desolate land) over other ones.
Fur Coat Groudon is a pretty good counter that doesn't care what set it's running.

Fur Coat Groudon is a pretty good counter that doesn't care what set it's running.
Assuming that you were referring to regular Groudon:

252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Groudon in Sun: 263-310 (65 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Primal Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Groudon: 234-276 (57.9 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 Atk Groudon Earthquake vs. -1 248 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 324-384 (80.3 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Groudon in Sun: 147-173 (36.3 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Primal Groudon Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Groudon: 130-154 (32.1 - 38.1%) -- 96.3% chance to 3HKO

Not much of a counter really if Pdon runs desolate land or adaptability, Groudon risks a 2hko from V-create if Pdon is healthy, and if Pdon does not wish to lose 80-95% he can just attack Groudon on the switch with v-create and then switch out, no biggie. Groudon can't switch into Sacred fire from ANY Pdon set because Groudon has a high risk of being burned, and a burned Groudon is a useless Groudon.

Oh, and now im here, fitzy72, as much as i appreciate you taking inspiration from my set, your moveset is a little confusing:
Arceus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Switcheroo
- Destiny Bond
- Chatter
Why bother running Nature Power when you don't have prankster? Do you have some elaborate strategy i am unaware of? If not then just run boomburst or techno blast imo. I guess nature power has a buttload of pp but the lack of power AND priority is a little underwhelming.

Why bother running Nature Power when you don't have prankster? Do you have some elaborate strategy i am unaware of? If not then just run boomburst or techno blast imo. I guess nature power has a buttload of pp but the lack of power AND priority is a little underwhelming.
He's running Nature Power because Assist can't call Nature Power.

I do not know why he made that Magic Bounce, though, as that somewhat defeats the purpose. When I originally posted that set in the other thread it was Prankster.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
If it was Prankster, he would have 3 Prankster users which isn't allowed due to BH's ability clause

If it was Prankster, he would have 3 Prankster users which isn't allowed due to BH's ability clause
That makes sense, thanks for clearing it up. With that set being Magic Bounce though, he's probably better off just switching to another Primal Groudon or Mega Rayquaza, to be honest.

He's running Nature Power because Assist can't call Nature Power.

I do not know why he made that Magic Bounce, though, as that somewhat defeats the purpose. When I originally posted that set in the other thread it was Prankster.
Nature power can't be called on by assist? That actually sounds quite useful for an assist team. But yeah magic bounce is pretty strange, maybe it's to bluff prankster?

Assuming that you were referring to regular Groudon:

252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Groudon in Sun: 263-310 (65 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Primal Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Groudon: 234-276 (57.9 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 Atk Groudon Earthquake vs. -1 248 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 324-384 (80.3 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Groudon in Sun: 147-173 (36.3 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Primal Groudon Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Groudon: 130-154 (32.1 - 38.1%) -- 96.3% chance to 3HKO

Not much of a counter really if Pdon runs desolate land or adaptability, Groudon risks a 2hko from V-create if Pdon is healthy, and if Pdon does not wish to lose 80-95% he can just attack Groudon on the switch with v-create and then switch out, no biggie. Groudon can't switch into Sacred fire from ANY Pdon set because Groudon has a high risk of being burned, and a burned Groudon is a useless Groudon.

Oh, and now im here, fitzy72, as much as i appreciate you taking inspiration from my set, your moveset is a little confusing:

Oops I messed up. I meant Fur Coat Giratina, my bad. Shoulda reread the post before hitting send. Sorry.

Oops I messed up. I meant Fur Coat Giratina, my bad. Shoulda reread the post before hitting send. Sorry.
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 175-206 (34.7 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 131-154 (26 - 30.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Woah, not bad, i mean giratina still gets shrekt by switcheroo, but still not bad!

Since the "ask a simple question get a simple answer" threads are ignoring me, ill ask it here seeing as though everyone is nice and responsive lol
How do i hide something? And how do you write the title in the show/hide thing? Im guessing you have to type [.show] at the start of it and [.hide] at the end of it, but how do you implement a title? I must know!

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 175-206 (34.7 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 131-154 (26 - 30.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Woah, not bad, i mean giratina still gets shrekt by switcheroo, but still not bad!

Since the "ask a simple question get a simple answer" threads are ignoring me, ill ask it here seeing as though everyone is nice and responsive lol
How do i hide something? And how do you write the title in the show/hide thing? Im guessing you have to type [.show] at the start of it and [.hide] at the end of it, but how do you implement a title? I must know!
(hide) at the start and then at the end (/hide), except with [ ]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)