Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
+

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: Atk 2 / SpA 30 / Spe 30
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Taunt

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Was wanting to see a team built around a core of Mega Medicham and Serperior. Mega Medicham makes a good wallbreaker softening up teams for a Serperior sweep. The two have decent coverage together though still walled by several threats. Was hoping a hyper offense or balance team would be built around this core.

EDIT:

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire

Can you build a team around Gyarados-Mega + Gothitelle? I'm on phone atm so I can't give sets. It is a classic of XY. The goal of this core is that Gothitelle traps Gyara's counters. For example, Ferrothorn is killed by HP Fire, Clefable is crippled by Trick, etc... But if you need to change sets (I will do later when im at home) feel free to change them.
Thanks in advance !

Last edited:
Well, this is hyype! ^^
Anyways the core I was thinking about building around consists of Mega-Lopunny and Choice Specs Raikou. With Raikou being able to take out some of the flying types that Lopunny often has trouble with, I think it could work nicely :3

(Credit to to Agilis for coming up with the core a few months back!)

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Healing Wish
- Fake Out

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How about this? I was looking for a balanced hazards stacking team for this core

Manectric (Manectric-Mega) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch

Keldeo (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
Mine

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
Zoroark @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Low Kick
- Trick

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

I want to use a team with zoroark + trapper and hoopa-u seemed like a good partner. IDK about the hoopa set but zoroark should stay scarf to surprise stuff hoping to outrun hoopa so it can u-turn out into wobb if necessary. Also unlike weavile, hoopa-u has a different dark move (like I said you can make it pure special if you want) in dark pulse or hyperspace fury so you dont have to worry about a weak knock off. The mega slot is still free so I hope something good can be made out of this. Thanks in advance!

Looking through all the listed teams, I only saw one dedicated TR team. So, for my first request, I'd like a full TR team (if possible) based around this core:

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

M-Heracross wreaks havoc in TR and checks Bisharp for Cofagrigus while Cofa checks several threats like Azumarill, Talonflame and M-Pinsir that trouble M-Hera. I chose Will-O-Wisp over HP Fighting in Cofa's last moveslot due to the already existing fighting STAB from M-Hera and it helps getting a quick burn on physical attackers and softening physical hits for both members of the core.

With that said, you can change the items, spreads, moves and even the playstyle if you want (but I think TR would be the best way to play with these two together). I just want a team that's built around this core. Thank you for your time!

I'm actually pretty surprised ppl still think M-Lati@s sucks. Well, I'm here to prove that wrong :)
I actually found this in the good core thread, and it's soo good!

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Stored Power

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 Spe
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

So, M-Lati is the star, all she has to do is set up a few CMs, sub, then stored power does so much. It obviously gets the damage boost from the amount of stat boosts, but also from the SPatk boost itself. The damage can rack up insanely high, like 200 BP or above. This, my friends, is the new M-Lucario!
Of course, cobalion isn't there for nothing. Cobalion is the perfect partner for Lati, having t-wave support and justified, able to get rid of the only thing in her way: dark types.
All teams I tried to build were bad, so I would prefer a balance team from you guys :)
Thank you!

edit: Also, it would b cool if someone could tell me how to do the sprites :P Do you do some command or just download?

Nedor

thiccc
Well, this is hyype! ^^
Anyways the core I was thinking about building around consists of Mega-Lopunny and Choice Specs Raikou. With Raikou being able to take out some of the flying types that Lopunny often has trouble with, I think it could work nicely :3

(Credit to to Agilis for coming up with the core a few months back!)

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Healing Wish
- Fake Out

Raikou @ Choice Specs
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
Hey FizziDrinks/Lucina, I already built a team with that core in the last workshop, find it here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...2-closed-read-op-and-post-553.3542464/page-27

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Taunt / Will-O-Wisp

I feel like both of these mons, and I like this core. This was from Albacore from the OU Core Thread. If you can try making it balanced, but its meant to be an offensive core.
mine.

Last edited:
OU Fire Spam

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze
- Iron Head / Stone Edge / Toxic

This one might be a stretch so I understand if it gets looked over. But with the right support this could be really cool. Charizard-X is a pretty big threat that most teams only have one or two checks for, either being a Pokemon that resists its STAB (Azumarrill, Heatran, Mega Altaria, Slowbro) or Pokemon that can revenge it or cripple it (Thundurus, Scarf Keldeo, Klefki, Talonflame). These Pokemon can all be beat or crippled by Banded Entei one v. one. Obviously they'll require some serious hazard support, and something for fast Ground types. Just hoping to see something creative from this.

Last edited:
+

Heres a core that I thought was interesting, preferably balanced but w/e ya know

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

OR

EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Earthquake

Attachments

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
+

Heres a core that I thought was interesting, preferably balanced but w/e ya know

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

OR

EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Earthquake
Got this one. I'm also taking the Charizard Y Venusaur core but I'm on mobile so I can't be bothered to quote that post as well. Will post teams soon when I get out of work.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Patolegend!
or

Ok let's get this out of the way: I KNOW THIS TEAM HAS PINSIR AND NO DEFOG. IT'S A RAIN TEAM, USE OFFENSIVE PRESSURE OR HOLD OFF ON MEGA EVOLVING UNTIL LATE-GAME. Alright well anyway this is a pretty neat idea, I like Mega Pinsir right now, and its normal counters like Rotom-W, Landorus-T, and Garchomp are super easy to take advantage of on a rain team. CM Raikou is cool because of how incredibly weak the team is to Thundy or Mega Mane. Volt Switch>Sub works because momentum on rain teams is awesome but sub works well too since it eases prediction and lets you set up on stuff like Ferro (or at least force them to waste their Power Whip PP). So the team is unbelievably weak to Lati and most fairies, so I thought Metagross would make an awesome mon here. Pursuit trapping Lati is guaranteed with AV Gross. There is nothing Lati can do to stop it. Finally, needed rocks, was weak to Talon, and wanted a Ground immunity, so I went with Landorus-T. However, Bisharp sucks to face with this team if you use Lando, so RH Chomp also works in this spot. I justthought Lando was more consistent.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Encore
- Toxic
- Rest

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Also I updated the OP

Last edited:
How about this? I was looking for a balanced hazards stacking team for this core

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Refresh
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Work Up

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Secret Sword

I´ve been trying this for a while now. Even signed up for the forums to (hopefully) get help with it, The thinking is that it should be used in an aggressive/offensive team

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Am edit: welcome to smogon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patolegend!

Fan of 1000 Arrow 'Slash
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Patolegend!
or

Ok let's get this out of the way: I KNOW THIS TEAM HAS PINSIR AND NO DEFOG. IT'S A RAIN TEAM, USE OFFENSIVE PRESSURE OR HOLD OFF ON MEGA EVOLVING UNTIL LATE-GAME. Alright well anyway this is a pretty neat idea, I like Mega Pinsir right now, and its normal counters like Rotom-W, Landorus-T, and Garchomp are super easy to take advantage of on a rain team. CM Raikou is cool because of how incredibly weak the team is to Thundy or Mega Mane. Volt Switch>Sub works because momentum on rain teams is awesome but sub works well too since it eases prediction and lets you set up on stuff like Ferro (or at least force them to waste their Power Whip PP). So the team is unbelievably weak to Lati and most fairies, so I thought Metagross would make an awesome mon here. Pursuit trapping Lati is guaranteed with AV Gross. There is nothing Lati can do to stop it. Finally, needed rocks, was weak to Talon, and wanted a Ground immunity, so I went with Landorus-T. However, Bisharp sucks to face with this team if you use Lando, so RH Chomp also works in this spot. I justthought Lando was more consistent.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Encore
- Toxic
- Rest

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Also I updated the OP
Thanks a lot, that looks absolutely sound - I'll test Chomp and Lando, see which fit better. Thanks for the hard work! :pimp:

Hello! I would like a team built around Tyrantrum and Talonflame:

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Thanks!

show me that triple bunny core, here is the description that AM slapped on his post with this on the good cores thread:
These sets are more placeholder than anything and this isn't exactly a new concept but I'm surprised no one brought it up yet since it's an extremely fun and efficient core in regards to the mons used. The general idea is to utilize offensive pressure in various forms with these three. These sets specifically capitalize on M-Lopunnie's SubPass set to mitigate status effects and provide a buffer to Azumarill for setting up BD more easily and for Diggersby to utilize its power more effectively with Sub compensating for its below average bulk. This core is more for the mons themselves and the sets are really dependent on the team more or less. Some examples would be Fake out M-Lopunny, Choice Band Azumarill, and Life Orb Diggersby with an elemental punch over Knock Off, using the Subpass set with SD Diggersby instead of BD Azu or hell, even two set up sweepers if you want lol. Healing Wish Latias, Celebi, and Jirachi are great partners for the core to give members a second chance while Prankster Twave users Thundurus and Klefki with the former providing stall breaking utility and the latter providing hazard support for easier cleaning late game. Rock Setters in the form of Ferrothorn and Heatran pair well with the core along with Magnezone for an easier time of eliminating Ferro, Skarmory, and Scizor even though BD Knock Off Azu has an easy time doing this at least for the first two. There's a lot of possibilities with the use of these 3 so feel free to experiment.

I'm really not fussed with what sets you use on the rabbits, or the team style, although I vastly prefer offense to balance.

Sets that you can use if you want to:

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Azumarill (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Diggersby (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
show me that triple bunny core, here is the description that AM slapped on his post with this on the good cores thread:
These sets are more placeholder than anything and this isn't exactly a new concept but I'm surprised no one brought it up yet since it's an extremely fun and efficient core in regards to the mons used. The general idea is to utilize offensive pressure in various forms with these three. These sets specifically capitalize on M-Lopunnie's SubPass set to mitigate status effects and provide a buffer to Azumarill for setting up BD more easily and for Diggersby to utilize its power more effectively with Sub compensating for its below average bulk. This core is more for the mons themselves and the sets are really dependent on the team more or less. Some examples would be Fake out M-Lopunny, Choice Band Azumarill, and Life Orb Diggersby with an elemental punch over Knock Off, using the Subpass set with SD Diggersby instead of BD Azu or hell, even two set up sweepers if you want lol. Healing Wish Latias, Celebi, and Jirachi are great partners for the core to give members a second chance while Prankster Twave users Thundurus and Klefki with the former providing stall breaking utility and the latter providing hazard support for easier cleaning late game. Rock Setters in the form of Ferrothorn and Heatran pair well with the core along with Magnezone for an easier time of eliminating Ferro, Skarmory, and Scizor even though BD Knock Off Azu has an easy time doing this at least for the first two. There's a lot of possibilities with the use of these 3 so feel free to experiment.

I'm really not fussed with what sets you use on the rabbits, or the team style, although I vastly prefer offense to balance.

Sets that you can use if you want to:

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Azumarill (F) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Diggersby (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
that core worked better early oras to me fyi. Sub pass lopunny is cool but the utility in fake out these days is so good its hard to just give it up. Just something to consider i think two of them work good but three now might be pushing it :0

Hi i would like to request a team based on this core

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Bisharp (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

I would prefer a balanced team, but a HO is cool as well, thx.

that core worked better early oras to me fyi. Sub pass lopunny is cool but the utility in fake out these days is so good its hard to just give it up. Just something to consider i think two of them work good but three now might be pushing it :0
tbh I just wanna see a team with Roger Rabbit and BluBunny, Mega Lopunny isn't necessary to me. Should I make a new post?

Hello, I'd like to request help with making a team based around these two pokemons please:

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 204 HP / 248 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Scald
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Thank you! I'd prefer it to be quite balanced, more on the defensive side, maybe even bulky offense. I really like the defensive side of things more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)