Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
To write an analysis, do I have to post in the respective thread and be approved, or just start after I posted?
It depends on the tier. In LC and OMs, you must be approved for each analysis unless you are on the QC team. In general, if you are trying to reserve an analysis for a mon/set that is not on the unreserved section of the reservation index, then you should wait to be approved. Otherwise, you should be fine to just post a thread. Just be sure to read the rules in each reservation thread.
In the future, questions like these should go in the C&C simple questions thread.

I have some questions about Pokérus:

1) How can you tell if the Pokérus that you have is legit?
2) If you have a party with some pokémon with unlegit pokérus, and some others with legit pokérus, do the pokémon with legit pokérus have any chance of losing it, or getting the non-legit one?
3) Does the pokérus last more in the pokémon that contracted it first (the one that you caught in the grass and had it)?
4) Is it more likely to be transmitted from him?
5) Or is it exactly the same whether the pokémon got it from another pokémon or had it since he was a wild one?

EDIT: 6) Is it easier to find pokérus in ORAS?

EDIT 2: Solved by AzureRain . Thank you very much!

Last edited:

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion

2) If you have a party with some pokémon with unlegit pokérus, and some others with legit pokérus, do the legit pokérus have any chance of losing it, or getting the non-legit one?
3) Does the pokérus last more in the pokémon that contracted it first (the one that you caught in the grass and had it)?
5) Or is it exactly the same whether the pokémon got it from another pokémon or had it since he was a wild one?

I've never really heard of hacked Pokerus. You can pass pokerus by pokemon being in your party an you lose it after 1-4 days. (I think)

2) If you have a party with some pokémon with unlegit pokérus, and some others with legit pokérus, do the pokémon with legit pokérus have any chance of losing it, or getting the non-legit one?

1) You really can't.
2) As far as I know, you can't pass on Pokérus to a Pokemon that already has Pokérus.
3) No. The time that it lasts is dependent on the strain, which is randomly generated (1-4 days).
4)+5) No, Pokérus is passed on to uninfected Pokemon from adjacent infected Pokemon. Whether or not it had it first is absolutely irrelevant.
6) Rates are still the same, although I believe the chances of being infected are slightly higher if the Pokemon is traded from another game (I don't know the exact increased probability). It's still certainly very low.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know you can type in subscript by using ctrl+h, but what is the command for superscript? I can't seem to figure it out at all...

edit: turns out it's ctrl+L but when you actually post something with either superscript or subscript they both turn back into normal text. why is this?

What are the exact effects of changing your 3DS's clock in X and Omega Ruby? When I set the clock in my DS for the first time, I messed up, and now it's night when it's actually day where I live; it started to bother me, since I always enjoy when both atmospheres match. Do I risk not getting mega stones ever again, or the berry trees not growing, or not being able to see the night or day again? Or do I only have to wait for 24-48 hours in order for everything to work properly again, but with no damage to my game whatsoever? Please only answer if you're 100% sure, since I spent long hours in my current pokémon X game, and it'd be really painful to lose something.

EDIT: Solved. Thank you very much, AzureRain !

Last edited:
I know you can type in subscript by using ctrl+h, but what is the command for superscript? I can't seem to figure it out at all...

edit: turns out it's ctrl+L but when you actually post something with either superscript or subscript they both turn back into normal text. why is this?
I'm assuming this is because support for superscript and subscript are disabled in the forums. You can see that there aren't any shortcut buttons for either option either.

What are the exact effects of changing your 3DS's clock in X and Omega Ruby? When I set the clock in my DS for the first time, I messed up, and now it's night when it's actually day where I live; it started to bother me, since I always enjoy when both atmospheres match. Do I risk not getting mega stones ever again, or the berry trees not growing, or not being able to see the night or day again? Or do I only have to wait for 24-48 hours in order for everything to work properly again, but with no damage to my game whatsoever? Please only answer if you're 100% sure, since I spent long hours in my current pokémon X game, and it'd be really painful to lose something.
All time related events will reset 24 hours after you change your 3DS clock. You won't be risking any sort of game corruption.

I'm sort of interested to know what happens to banned users. Are they still allowed to even see the website? Is there anything else they can't do besides not being able to post? Lastly, are users allowed to lie about their gender? I sort of got that impression from Bloo's pastebins, but I'm still not sure.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm sort of interested to know what happens to banned users. Are they still allowed to even see the website? Is there anything else they can't do besides not being able to post? Lastly, are users allowed to lie about their gender? I sort of got that impression from Bloo's pastebins, but I'm still not sure.
I'm pretty sure users can't see the website unless logged out, definitely can't post or VM, or send PMs. Their avatar is normally reset to the default too. As for lying about genders, like, you can but it doesn't really achieve a purpose and the truth comes out in the end anyway. You'd also generally irritate a lotta people if you did so, too. So yeah not really advised. Not against the law but you still shouldn't do it.

Hello, im having the problem that i cant connect to Showdown. Following message appears when i try to log on:

This server is requesting an invalid login key. This probably means that either you are not connected to a server, or the server is set up incorrectly.

Can anyone please help me?

sincerely Scroogie

As for lying about genders, like, you can but it doesn't really achieve a purpose and the truth comes out in the end anyway. You'd also generally irritate a lotta people if you did so, too. So yeah not really advised. Not against the law but you still shouldn't do it.
I feel bad now identifying as gender neutral

In terms of actual questions, uhh, how do you set up polls?

I feel bad now identifying as gender neutral

In terms of actual questions, uhh, how do you set up polls?
Whoa, that's not exactly lying, since you have to be a boy or a girl right...?

Setting up polls is pretty easy. When you create a thread, the site comes up with a template, and below it is a poll-maker.

Whoa, that's not exactly lying, since you have to be a boy or a girl right...?

Setting up polls is pretty easy. When you create a thread, the site comes up with a template, and below it is a poll-maker.
All right, thank you very much!

Well I said in my introduction I was a girl, I thought it was fine because I wanted to be referred by a single gender but I felt like I lied so...I decided to edit my post to say I'm gender neutral (and have been for a long while now).

I've had this burning question for a while. In Omega Ruby, on route 110, for some strange reason, the DexNav shows the silhouette of Victini. There are two big reasons this is weird. First, I've never seen a wild Victini on route 110, so the silhouette shouldn't be there. Second, I have seen no evidence of Victini residing in route 110 in ORAS. Could someone tell me if this is just some bizarre glitch, or is Victini hiding in route 110(why there of all places I'll never know?)

I've had this burning question for a while. In Omega Ruby, on route 110, for some strange reason, the DexNav shows the silhouette of Victini. There are two big reasons this is weird. First, I've never seen a wild Victini on route 110, so the silhouette shouldn't be there. Second, I have seen no evidence of Victini residing in route 110 in ORAS. Could someone tell me if this is just some bizarre glitch, or is Victini hiding in route 110(why there of all places I'll never know?)
Uhm, you must be mistaking it for another Pokemon. This is what I see.

I'm sorry for the trash quality.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah are you sure it's victini? you may be getting his blacked-out silhouette confused with trubbish's or plusle/minun's...

Ugh, I don't know what it is. I'm great with recognizing Pokemon based on their silhouettes or cries, even if I can't really see them. I'm also pretty sure I've seen every other Pokemon in route 110, so their all filled in, no silhouettes from them. I know it sounds crazy that I have this, and I can get proof if nobody believes me, but I swear I'm telling the truth. Why would I lie about this? Plus I thought it was so crazy for Victini to appear on route 110, especially when Serebii says it doesn't, that I checked to make sure I was seeing it right lots of times. That said, if no one knows about this, then I'm definitely not finding Victini, whether DexNav shows it or not.

Ugh, I don't know what it is. I'm great with recognizing Pokemon based on their silhouettes or cries, even if I can't really see them. I'm also pretty sure I've seen every other Pokemon in route 110, so their all filled in, no silhouettes from them. I know it sounds crazy that I have this, and I can get proof if nobody believes me, but I swear I'm telling the truth. Why would I lie about this? Plus I thought it was so crazy for Victini to appear on route 110, especially when Serebii says it doesn't, that I checked to make sure I was seeing it right lots of times. That said, if no one knows about this, then I'm definitely not finding Victini, whether DexNav shows it or not.
Can you provide some provide some proof? As I showed in my picture Victini doesn't show up for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)