General Introduce yourself!

Hello, I'm going to hopefully start posting here some more over the next few weeks after a very long 5+ year hiatus from smogon and pokemon. Med school's a bitch, yo. Smogon feels very different with its facelift and I see unfamiliar usernames all over the place. I hope there are still some familiar people still sticking around and that I bump into them, and that I get to know some of the people who wouldn't have met me back in the day. :)
  • Your favourite Pokemon - Scizor
  • Are you on PS? - Yes under "Old LR" but sadly cannot speak in the lobby until a week has passed!
  • What you plan to do here - Learn ORAS OU, but holy power creep gamefreak! UU seems a lot more palatable. Also I hope I can start contributing again. Not nearly as familiar with this meta as I was with Gen IV / V back when I headed RMT, but I'm a learner.
  • Things you might need help with - Getting back into the swing of things, help testing Gen VI stuff (I keep trying to paralyse electrics..), and just re-connecting and connecting with the good people of smogon.
EDIT: Shit you can like posts on smogon now? That's new haha.
Whoa, welcome back. Even though my account isn't that old I still do remember you. I've been on Smogon for ages, just not with an existing account. And I've actually seen you around. I'm pretty sure there are still people around that you know.

If you want I can help you with the fundamentals of OU. I've been into competitive play for ages so I pretty know all the ins and outs. Anyway, I hope you can find back the joy you once had in Smogon :)

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whoa, welcome back. Even though my account isn't that old I still do remember you. I've been on Smogon for ages, just not with an existing account. And I've actually seen you around. I'm pretty sure there are still people around that you know.

If you want I can help you with the fundamentals of OU. I've been into competitive play for ages so I pretty know all the ins and outs. Anyway, I hope you can find back the joy you once had in Smogon :)
Thank you for the kind words. That's good to hear! If I see you on Showdown I may hit you up for some practice battles :)

Hi everyone! I'm AlphaAngel and 22 years old, I'm very new to Smogon so any help would be greatly appreciated. Although I have been playing Pokemon since Gen 1, I still have much to learn about the world of the ever-evolving Pokemon. ;) I own Alpha Sapphire, Pokemon Y and Pokemon Diamond etc. My very first Pokemon game was Pokemon Yellow on Gameboy Colour! Became addicted ever since! Also making friends here would be great!

back-in-my-days-there-were-only-150-pokemon.gif

Hi everyone! I'm AlphaAngel and 22 years old, I'm very new to Smogon so any help would be greatly appreciated. Although I have been playing Pokemon since Gen 1, I still have much to learn about the world of the ever-evolving Pokemon. ;) I own Alpha Sapphire, Pokemon Y and Pokemon Diamond etc. My very first Pokemon game was Pokemon Yellow on Gameboy Colour! Became addicted ever since! Also making friends here would be great!

View attachment 52161
Hello AlphaAngel, welcome to the forums. I've also been playing since Generation I and I have to say that Yellow is among my favorites. Since you appreciate help, tell me what you're here for, and I'll gladly show you around! A handy link for now: The Smogon Simple Questions thread. If you have any questions regarding Smogon and its forums, ask 'em there :)

Also, love the picture.

Hello everyone my names ramules. I have always been a huge pokemon game fan. And at ate 26 I figured I would try out competitive play for a change. I'm currently working on a rain dance team using vaporeon and polytoad as leads. If anyone can give me some advice I would love it.

Hello everyone my names ramules. I have always been a huge pokemon game fan. And at ate 26 I figured I would try out competitive play for a change. I'm currently working on a rain dance team using vaporeon and polytoad as leads. If anyone can give me some advice I would love it.
Hey Ramules! Welcome!

Is this your first time at Competitive? because if it is, you can join the Battling 101 Program in order to learn everything about, if you dont have time for it you can ask at the Simple Questions Thread, or if you want to get more personal, just feel free to send a PM to me!

I have questions for you, Which is your favourite pokemon? and what exaxtly brought you to Smogon?

Hey Ramules, welcome to Smogon. In addition to what Erai14 said, I think the Rate My Team section is a good place for you (be sure to read the rules first though). In the Rate My Team section (RMT for short), players are generous enough to rate teams and give very useful feedback. They'll explain what works and what doesn't, and you'll definitely learn a lot from it.

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Hey Ramules! Welcome!

Is this your first time at Competitive? because if it is, you can join the Battling 101 Program in order to learn everything about, if you dont have time for it you can ask at the Simple Questions Thread, or if you want to get more personal, just feel free to send a PM to me!

I have questions for you, Which is your favourite pokemon? and what exaxtly brought you to Smogon?
Hey erai14!

My favorite by far is vaporeon. and as i found vaporeon is by far a def, guard mon. i have him speced in def spe def and hp. his moveset is rest, rain dance, scald, and wish. his skill is hydration. i love the rest hydration combo. other team members i have were politoad, and kaputops.

Hello, I joined just to ask one question. If I'm in queue for battle spot then disconnect before I'm matched with someone does it still count against me?
Hi, nice to meet you and welcome to Smogon! I hope you enjoy your time here. In the future, for questions, its probably better if you visit the Smogon Simple Questions thread, or in this case, the Battle Spot Simple Questions. That being said, as long as you haven't been matched I do not believe it counts as a loss on your record.

What brought you to Smogon? For me, it was trying to learn competitive mons for the first time during the X and Y phase of Gen VI.

Hey Everyone, Ah, im kinda new to this whole thing, Im starting to get into Competitive Battling on XY which means any advice would be amazing on teams and so on, but yeah, im 17, been playing pokemon on and off since i was like 6! But yeah! any help would be appreciated!

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello, I'm going to hopefully start posting here some more over the next few weeks after a very long 5+ year hiatus from smogon and pokemon. Med school's a bitch, yo. Smogon feels very different with its facelift and I see unfamiliar usernames all over the place. I hope there are still some familiar people still sticking around and that I bump into them, and that I get to know some of the people who wouldn't have met me back in the day. :)
  • Your favourite Pokemon - Scizor
  • Are you on PS? - Yes under "Old LR" but sadly cannot speak in the lobby until a week has passed!
  • What you plan to do here - Learn ORAS OU, but holy power creep gamefreak! UU seems a lot more palatable. Also I hope I can start contributing again. Not nearly as familiar with this meta as I was with Gen IV / V back when I headed RMT, but I'm a learner.
  • Things you might need help with - Getting back into the swing of things, help testing Gen VI stuff (I keep trying to paralyse electrics..), and just re-connecting and connecting with the good people of smogon.
EDIT: Shit you can like posts on smogon now? That's new haha.
Welcome back! :) I wasn't around then, nor were a lotta people but there are still quite a few older people around here. C: I see you have the smog media badge, dunno if you've seen but we've stopped The Smog, and we release three times a week now and it's gonna get a new name so that's something that's changed a lot since back then lol. Definitely feel free to come back though... when you get experience with stuff, we always appreciate people coming back to write for us. c: But hey at least you haven't forgotten password so... that's good! But yea, lmk if you wanna get back involved with Smog stuff (I still call it The Smog lol). Have fun again!

Hey Everyone, Ah, im kinda new to this whole thing, Im starting to get into Competitive Battling on XY which means any advice would be amazing on teams and so on, but yeah, im 17, been playing pokemon on and off since i was like 6! But yeah! any help would be appreciated!
Welcome :) Have you checked out the intro to competitive battling thread in this forum? I kinda explained a bit there, but my best advice is to play random battles, it's the best way to learn what's good and what isn't. Then try sample teams, then... read metagame threads, then at the end of the month you can apply for battling 101 and the rest will be history. Or at least, that's how it should work. Good luck with doing so anyways, feel free to use the simple questions thread as your base until you get sorted. Have fun!

Wanted to welcome just cuz of the image. Good first impression you've made! Don't worry making friends is easy, just hang out here (in this thread/forum) and you'll get to know our regulars who are really nice. Have fun around here. c:

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welcome back! :) I wasn't around then, nor were a lotta people but there are still quite a few older people around here. C: I see you have the smog media badge, dunno if you've seen but we've stopped The Smog, and we release three times a week now and it's gonna get a new name so that's something that's changed a lot since back then lol. Definitely feel free to come back though... when you get experience with stuff, we always appreciate people coming back to write for us. c: But hey at least you haven't forgotten password so... that's good! But yea, lmk if you wanna get back involved with Smog stuff (I still call it The Smog lol). Have fun again!
Hey, nice to meet you Skylight. The smog is stopping? That's a shame, I really like the webzine - I read all the Gen VI issues back to back over the last week to bring myself up to speed! Sounds like it will be a smaller but more constant stream of articles now, is that right?

And yes I'm more than happy to get involved. I don't know if I have any real writing credentials but I used to get some praise for my Warstories back in the day and have 4-5 of them in the archives. Just point me in the right direction.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, nice to meet you Skylight. The smog is stopping? That's a shame, I really like the webzine - I read all the Gen VI issues back to back over the last week to bring myself up to speed! Sounds like it will be a smaller but more constant stream of articles now, is that right?

And yes I'm more than happy to get involved. I don't know if I have any real writing credentials but I used to get some praise for my Warstories back in the day and have 4-5 of them in the archives. Just point me in the right direction.
Well it's still the Smog at heart just... with a different name that's all! But the name change is still slightly depressing. But we'll be ok. Somehow. And yeah pretty much but it means it's extremely stressful for staff lmao so I kinda preferred the past system. Oh wells!

The right direction is article approvals, and the credentials are your ideas. :') Just submit ideas and hope for the best imo.

Hey everyone, GoodVibes here, but you can call me Kairu~

I've been on Showdown for quite a while and I always use Smogon for reference so I decided what the heck, why not just make an account and mingle a little with the community? Anywho, been into Pokemon since I was little, started with Gen III as I know a lot of people my age have. After playing all the games so far, my fave still has to be Emerald (I herd u liek Mudkipz) but I'm also in love with Johto & Sinnoh because they have the BEST bgm's imo.

I've been a part of the Serebii community a couple years back but have since been inactive, so I hope to be more involved here. I used to be very into competitive battling but as of late I prefer to relax and just fangirl over the franchise from time to time.

So regarding what I plan to do here, I guess I'd just like to meet more of the community, discuss strategies and such, but mostly talk about favorite aspects of the games, like easter eggs, music, game design, and the like. Speaking of which, if there are any Snorlax, Golurk, or Metagross fans out there, I'm your guy :D any round-ish or fat Pokemon in general, really.

I've been around a bit, lived in Hong Kong and Hawaii but currently residing in the Philippines. Hobbies include, collecting things, rock music, Anime, and the good'ol videogame.

Hope to meet lots of new people here hahaha hope the post isn't too long, cheers!

Hey everyone, GoodVibes here, but you can call me Kairu~

I've been on Showdown for quite a while and I always use Smogon for reference so I decided what the heck, why not just make an account and mingle a little with the community? Anywho, been into Pokemon since I was little, started with Gen III as I know a lot of people my age have. After playing all the games so far, my fave still has to be Emerald (I herd u liek Mudkipz) but I'm also in love with Johto & Sinnoh because they have the BEST bgm's imo.

I've been a part of the Serebii community a couple years back but have since been inactive, so I hope to be more involved here. I used to be very into competitive battling but as of late I prefer to relax and just fangirl over the franchise from time to time.

So regarding what I plan to do here, I guess I'd just like to meet more of the community, discuss strategies and such, but mostly talk about favorite aspects of the games, like easter eggs, music, game design, and the like. Speaking of which, if there are any Snorlax, Golurk, or Metagross fans out there, I'm your guy :D any round-ish or fat Pokemon in general, really.

I've been around a bit, lived in Hong Kong and Hawaii but currently residing in the Philippines. Hobbies include, collecting things, rock music, Anime, and the good'ol videogame.

Hope to meet lots of new people here hahaha hope the post isn't too long, cheers!
Hello GoodVibes, or Kairu as you prefer, welcome! Don't worry about the length of your post, hehe. The longer your introduction, the better in my opinion. Generation III is one of my favorites, and I'm glad you like it too. And indeed, Generation II has amazing music, hence Johto is my favorite region.

I can recommend you the Orange Islands subforum. Everything from Pokémon Snap to Pokémon Adventures, discussion related to existing Pokémon games, anime, or manga goes there. It's a really fun place to be honest, and I hang out there quite a lot. Oh and another handy link for now: The Smogon Simple Questions thread. If you have any questions regarding Smogon and its forums, ask 'em there :)

Oh, and I like Metagross. I guess we can be friends now?! :D

Last edited:
Hello GoodVibes, or Kairu as you prefer, welcome! Don't worry about the length of your post, hehe. The longer your introduction, the better in my opinion. Generation III is one of my favorites, and I'm glad you like it too. And indeed, Generation II has amazing music, hence Johto is my favorite region.

I can recommend you the Orange Islands subforum. Everything from Pokémon Snap to Pokémon Adventures, discussion related to existing Pokémon games, anime, or manga goes there. It's a really fun place to be honest, and I hang out there quite a lot. Oh and another handy link for now: The Smogon Simple Questions thread. If you have any questions regarding Smogon and its forums, ask 'em there :)

Oh, and I like Metagross. I guess we can be friends now?! :D
Hey there, sir Fluke! Nice to meet ya :D may our Metagrosses' Bullet Punches collide in a manly metal fistbump of awesomeness~

Thanks for the warm welcome, and I will indeed check that subforum out ^_^ after I test the waters a bit and lurk around hehe

キュレム

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Yo peeps. My name is Kyurem. I am here for a few things. I wanna be involved in the Poke community. I wanna get better at battling. And I urgently need some Pokémon for a tourney, but I have absolutely no time atm to breed and shit. Perhaps someone can show me some stuff here.

Check ya later.

Yo peeps. My name is Kyurem. I am here for a few things. I wanna be involved in the Poke community. I wanna get better at battling. And I urgently need some Pokémon for a tourney, but I have absolutely no time atm to breed and shit. Perhaps someone can show me some stuff here.

Check ya later.
Yo Kyurem, welcome to Smogon. If you want to be a part of the Pokémon community Smogon is definitely the right place to be. So you're trying to get better at battling I see? If you're willing to learn from a tutor, check out Battling 101, Smogon's tutoring program. You can sign up as an apprentice to learn how to play the game from experts. I think it's a really good way to learn since you can get instant feedback on your moves, which I know helps people a lot. If you want help from someone you've already talked to, then I can help you with the basics. I've been into competitive play for ages so I pretty know all the ins and outs. If you're looking for some other nice people to talk to, then there's Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11. These people are very nice and know a lot too, and they can most definitely also help you out with your questions.

And about the tournament Pokemon you're urgently looking for, could you let me know which ones specifically? I'm giving away a bunch of battle ready Pokemon in my trade thread, so perhaps I can make you happy with some of them.

Let me know! And make sure to enjoy your time around here :)

キュレム

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Thank you Fluke, appreciate it. How do I get to your trade thread tho? I wanna take a look.

Either way, I'm looking for a competitive Dragonite, Scizor, Zapdos, Greninja, Ferrothorn and Xerneas.

Thank you Fluke, appreciate it. How do I get to your trade thread tho? I wanna take a look.

Either way, I'm looking for a competitive Dragonite, Scizor, Zapdos, Greninja, Ferrothorn and Xerneas.
No problem Kyurem, I'm glad I can help. My trade thread is in my signature ('trade thread' is clickable). If that doesn't work, just click this.

I'm offering battle ready Dragonite, Scizor, Ferrothorn and Greninja for free in the 'free stuff' section. Take a look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)