2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a great game lol had quite a laugh. I will admit to the slightest sliver of hopefulness when Ramires scored but that quickly dissipated in light of what followed. As a fan, I do not hold José responsible for our terrible form this season, because the members of the board are the real culprits, they limited his spending, Benteke to Liverpool being a prime example of this, and it is that failiure to reinforce the squad that ruined our season.
Jose's press conference sounded like marshawn lynch

That was unexpected. Liverpool came back to win from a goal down? Liverpool scoring 3 goals?

Anyway, great week for me!!!

The Special One 1 - 3 The Normal One
Liverpool were dominating the match so they deserved the win imo. Also, Chelsea were playing so bad in the second half.

I'm glad that Arsenal could get the 3 points out of Liberty Stadium, because we lost to them twice last year. But we didn't do well in the first half, I could see that the players were tired, like Alexis and Ozil, they didn't shine that much in the first half. Credit to Joel Campbell who made his first start on Arsenal since we bought him 4 years ago I believe.

Liverpool were dominating the match so they deserved the win imo. Also, Chelsea were playing so bad in the second half.

I'm glad that Arsenal could get the 3 points out of Liberty Stadium, because we lost to them twice last year. But we didn't do well in the first half, I could see that the players were tired, like Alexis and Ozil, they didn't shine that much in the first half. Credit to Joel Campbell who made his first start on Arsenal since we bought him 4 years ago I believe.
it was his first goal for the club, that much i know

it was his first goal for the club, that much i know
Yeah it was his first goal too. He played really well, tracked back and also made some great runs, definitely an option on the wing.

Though fixtures next week, against Bayern on the midweek and Spurs on Sunday. Also, Wenger needs to watch out for the team's fatigue. I hope there's no more injury on the current team.

He works good in the middle, put him there and for God's sake put Mata as a starter....why does that dude always have to prove he can do something the hard way...

Alexis was tired lol he's been playing almost every match plus he had his Copa America and you'd have to physically restrain him before he asks for a break. Hopefully he doesn't go missing vs. Munich. Agree that all of our attackers were missing before the second half but that's where the value of Cech and Bellerin comes into play. However, if we play the high line can we drop Per? He's so slow and watching him try to chase an attacker is almost painful. Remember in the 5-2 over Leicester when Vardy went past him like a Ferrari past a statue? Speaking of Vardy, this guy is nuts. Apparently Leicester have him at 15 million, probably cause he's 28 and hasn't played outside of England. According to ESPN Dortmund had an outside interest in him but ESPN is garbage so...

Shoutout to Joel Campbell and Francis Coquelin for being an inspiration to the 33 Chelsea loanees across Europe...until they realize they don't have Wenger as their manager.

Alexis was tired lol he's been playing almost every match plus he had his Copa America and you'd have to physically restrain him before he asks for a break. Hopefully he doesn't go missing vs. Munich. Agree that all of our attackers were missing before the second half but that's where the value of Cech and Bellerin comes into play. However, if we play the high line can we drop Per? He's so slow and watching him try to chase an attacker is almost painful. Remember in the 5-2 over Leicester when Vardy went past him like a Ferrari past a statue? Speaking of Vardy, this guy is nuts. Apparently Leicester have him at 15 million, probably cause he's 28 and hasn't played outside of England. According to ESPN Dortmund had an outside interest in him but ESPN is garbage so...

Shoutout to Joel Campbell and Francis Coquelin for being an inspiration to the 33 Chelsea loanees across Europe...until they realize they don't have Wenger as their manager.
Yeah Per is so slow, I remember when he chased Gomis and he was too slow to catch him, I didn't know whats up with Gomis he just could score from that range but he wanted to past Cech which wasn't a good move because he didn't see Bellerin and Koscielny catching up, but what a pass from Shelvey there, credit to him.

I'm little bit nervous about the Bayern's game, Robben is fit and probably he's the biggest threat because he's fast and agile, which Monreal can't contain. Hopefully we can force a draw on Germany or maybe pull off a win.

Yeah Per is so slow, I remember when he chased Gomis and he was too slow to catch him, I didn't know whats up with Gomis he just could score from that range but he wanted to past Cech which wasn't a good move because he didn't see Bellerin and Koscielny catching up, but what a pass from Shelvey there, credit to him.

I'm little bit nervous about the Bayern's game, Robben is fit and probably he's the biggest threat because he's fast and agile, which Monreal can't contain. Hopefully we can force a draw on Germany or maybe pull off a win.
if we get a draw against bayern, that is a great result. Bayern won't really want to drop more points and confirm first place in their group

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
fan loyalty is dead...rooney is one of your all-time top scorers! if shearer wanted to play for us i wouldn't care if he was blind and on prosthetic limbs i'd still be there wearing my number 9 shirt and screaming like a teenage girl at a One Direction concert

fan loyalty is dead...rooney is one of your all-time top scorers! if shearer wanted to play for us i wouldn't care if he was blind and on prosthetic limbs i'd still be there wearing my number 9 shirt and screaming like a teenage girl at a One Direction concert
and that is why newcastle are 18th and united are 4th

I don't know about you but even as a Liverpool fan, I wouldn't want Gerrard to walk into the team now. 10 minutes of gegenpressing will leave him begging to be substituted ( not a dig at a club legend, just saying the facts as it is ).

Even last season, you can see he contributed to some problems in midfield. Let him not tarnish his legacy even further.

As for CL, Sevilla vs Man City would be interesting to watch. Man City is in need of a good result in their group.

Real v PSG was a bore fest last time. Hopefully it will be better this time around.

MU will obviously trounce CSKA. I know they didn't score vs Palace but CSKA is poor imo.

I expect Bayern to just go mental on us tomorrow, but if we can somehow stop being exposed at the back and not push Monreal and Bellerin too high and get fucked.. I don't see why we can't scrap something again.

No Walcott or Ox tho for the speed..its gonna be a brutal time.

I'll take a point and pray we can wipe the floor with the other 2 fixtures to squeak into Round of 16.

I expect Bayern to just go mental on us tomorrow, but if we can somehow stop being exposed at the back and not push Monreal and Bellerin too high and get fucked.. I don't see why we can't scrap something again.

No Walcott or Ox tho for the speed..its gonna be a brutal time.

I'll take a point and pray we can wipe the floor with the other 2 fixtures to squeak into Round of 16.
Arsenal normally get a result at the Allianz Arena, do they not? Simply park the bus and attack whenever possible. Pushing high or try to outplay the in the possession game will get you put to the sword.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
and that is why newcastle are 18th and united are 4th
you're an arsenal fan. you cannot contribute to a discussion about standing by aging club legends, as all of your club legends move on to one of your rivals at the first chance that arises.

Doumbia just cost his side a place in CL with his horrible miss ( right before MU scored too! ). Although if they did, it would be harsh on Utd who absolutely dominating them.

you're an arsenal fan. you cannot contribute to a discussion about standing by aging club legends, as all of your club legends move on to one of your rivals at the first chance that arises.
A. We have had more legends than those of the past 10 years and those "legends" left on bad terms making them non legends. B. If any of the invincibles came back, I would be happy that they want to return and put them in a coaching position to make my current crop of players better. Why would any player want to play for your club if some old dude can just come back and replace him despite not being better than the current player and no chance of improvement? That makes no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)