Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: December 2015 (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
"Abomasnow moved from RU to NU"

This thing is going to be huge. With its ability to break weather and spam 100% accurate Blizzard it becomes a nice check to rain teams. Not to mention that almost nothing can switch into the mixed set bar perhaps Mega Audino. Also should be interesting to see if hail makes a comeback, considering we now have 2 very potent threats in Aboma as well as Specs Aurorus. Looking forward to building with this!

Amphy is pretty cool, however I doubt it'll make much of a splash. I can see Agility + 3 attacks being its most popular set, however it really isnt anything special.

"Abomasnow moved from RU to NU"

This thing is going to be huge. With its ability to break weather and spam 100% accurate Blizzard it becomes a nice check to rain teams. Not to mention that almost nothing can switch into the mixed set bar perhaps Mega Audino. Also should be interesting to see if hail makes a comeback, considering we now have 2 very potent threats in Aboma as well as Specs Aurorus. Looking forward to building with this!
Soundproof is cool as well to cockblock Specs Swellow. Heat Wave is a bitch though.

Wandering Wobbuffet

formerly Based Honker
Manectric in RU will probably be the first thing I'm trying. Finally an electric type not named zebstrika that can hit steelix and grass types with a move that isn't hidden power.

I personally preferred Calm Mind Jirachi to ParaFlinch. I could get behind Sylveon, Mew and Conkeldurr, although I think Alakazam's Speed and power would be too much for the tier.

I personally preferred Calm Mind Jirachi to ParaFlinch. I could get behind Sylveon, Mew and Conkeldurr, although I think Alakazam's Speed and power would be too much for the tier.
We have had Alakazam before, it was fine. I also meant it was more annoying to face not just because of hax, but also the fact that it could run a myriad of different sets, from paraflinch, scarf, CM, Lure, Specs/Band, Defensive, and pivot meant that many times, I'd want to run 2 answers to it on some of my bulkier teams.

Mew would be no better in that regard, as it can run just about anything given its massive movepool. It'll be interesting trying Gyarados in UU, poor Feraligatr might get pushed out.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Mew would be no better in that regard, as it can run just about anything given its massive movepool. It'll be interesting trying Gyarados in UU, poor Feraligatr might get pushed out.
Gyarados' main niche is a great blanket check thanks to it having decent synergy with the Ground types in the tier since they tank both of Gyarados' weaknesses. It is most likely going to be a staple on nearly every archetype since it can fulfill so many roles (cleaner, bulky attacker, physical "wall", etc.) It also has access to a few good support moves such as Taunt and Thunder Wave (no Roost tho). This thing will be fun for sure.

If the usage stats stay the same predicted next tier shifts are
| 54 | Gyarados-Mega | 2.708% | OU to UU
| 60 | Alakazam | 2.507% | OU to UU
| 66 | Cloyster | 3.354% | UU to RU
| 67 | Honchkrow | 3.277% | UU to RU
| 61 | Trevenant | 3.300% | RU to NU
| 62 | Smeargle | 3.285% | RU to NU
| 61 | Pinsir | 3.407% | NU to PU
| 64 | Cryogonal | 2.635% | NU to PU
| 63 | Crustle | 3.094% | NU to PU

close ones are(less than .2%)
| 52 | Celebi | 3.566% | OU to UU
| 53 | Alakazam-Mega | 3.445% | OU to BL
| 64 | Haxorus | 3.569% | UU to RU
| 65 | Hoopa | 3.530% | UU to RU
| 62 | Gourgeist-Super | 3.356% | PU to NU
| 59 | Regirock | 3.582% | NU to PU
| 60 | Prinplup | 3.420% | NU to PU
Am I missing any?

Last edited:
If the usage stats stay the same predicted next tier shifts are
| 54 | Gyarados-Mega | 2.708% | OU to UU
| 60 | Alakazam | 2.507% | OU to UU
| 66 | Cloyster | 3.354% | UU to RU
| 67 | Honchkrow | 3.277% | UU to RU
| 61 | Trevenant | 3.300% | RU to NU
| 62 | Smeargle | 3.285% | RU to NU
| 61 | Pinsir | 3.407% | NU to PU
| 64 | Cryogonal | 2.635% | NU to PU
| 63 | Crustle | 3.094% | NU to PU

close ones are(less than .2%)
| 52 | Celebi | 3.566% | OU to UU
| 53 | Alakazam-Mega | 3.445% | OU to UU
| 64 | Haxorus | 3.569% | UU to RU
| 65 | Hoopa | 3.530% | UU to RU
| 62 | Gourgeist-Super | 3.356% | PU to NU
| 59 | Regirock | 3.582% | NU to PU
| 60 | Prinplup | 3.420% | NU to PU
Am I missing any?
Mega Alakazam is banned in UU, so if the usage stays that way it will drop to BL. I think Celebi is also banned, but i'm not quite sure.

Also:
| 46 | Ambipom | 5.690% |
| 51 | Cinccino | 5.126% |
| 56 | Typhlosion | 4.388% |
Why
| 61 | Trevenant | 3.300% |
There's a silver lining. I'm looking forward to the next tier shift.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)