CrapMons Ingame Run

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

Thank you to Litra for the Artwork!

So as some of you know, I have been working my way through and training a huge variety of Pokemon through multiple playthroughs of various Pokemon games. It has finally come to a head, and with Z not coming soon I have decided to do one of the craziest things I think I have ever done. I’ve trained some bad Pokemon (Dunsparce, Corsola, Kricketune etc) and I’ve trained some of the best (Torterra, Blaziken, Gyarados), but this team is the bad of the bad.

I have put together a “Shitmons” team. As you can see from the banner, this is a set of Pokemon unlike any other. I’ve always shied away from them when they pop up in conversation with friends because of how categorically bad these Pokemon are. We are covering a fair difference in types and designs here. These Pokemon have been on my shitlist for a long time and I have never had the compulsion to train them at all. I’m pretty sure this is possibly one of the worst teams you can put together from the worst Pokemon available. There are almost no redeemable qualities from this team. The most powerful attacker is Delibird… I am aware people have done runs of games using NFE’s, and I expect this to be as painful as some of those runs. Most of these Pokemon have bad abilities, movepool or stats... Most NFE's usually have a good choice from any of these.

Other strong shouts for the team were Unown, Male Combee, Illumise and Smeargle. I’m very surprised how few Pokemon actually fall under the guise of “almost not trainable at all”. Of the above 4, Illumise (and to a lesser extent, Volbeat) was also considered for this team, but Ledian by far took the cake having failings in typing, movepool, stats and ability. The only other “close” shouts are Farfetch’d (trained, was horrible), Shedinja, Tynamo (Only “bad” because only 4 moves until it evolves, after it’s pretty good), Minun and Audino.

Keeping this in mind, I have tried to breed down some moves which might help me out that the Pokemon get earlier than intended. For example, Ledyba will have Bug Buzz and Psybeam off the bat and Delibird will be sporting Ice Shard and Fake Out. Most of the mons have at least 2/3 31 IVs as well… Not that I think they are going to help me. Graph in the spoiler tags shows how bad the average stat is here…

Average Stat for the team is 77/43/57/49/70/76. This gives an average stat of just 62. That puts it near Nosepass for average stats.

Basically this run will end my involvement with ingame running until Z comes out. I was pretty disappointed with ORAS, and it is not convenient to do multiple playthroughs with due to a variety of factors. I’ve got some ideas for teams I want to try (Rain and Hail spring to mind) but I haven’t had the motivation to do them. I’ll likely do them when Z comes around assuming it’s as good as XY was.

I’m going to update this thread/post with complaints, ideas or maybe even good news about the mons I am training. OP will contain the team at any point and where I am up to. I’m not much of a comic drawer/artist, but if anyone wants to use some of this as inspiration go for it :) Hit me up on IRC if you want any other details!

Oh also: Please share your thoughts on horrible ingame Pokemon. I want to know horror stories of things you thought would be cool to train but just ended up not being good at all regardless of the amount of training you put into them!

Pachirisu Lv 50
Rash/Run Away
- Thunderbolt
- Dig
- Super Fang
- Nuzzle

Luvdisc Lv 51
Modest/Swift Swim
- Water Pulse
- Charm
- Surf
- Hydro Pump

Ledian Lv 52
Careful/Swam
- Bug Buzz
- Psybeam
- Strength
- Reflect

Wobbuffet Lv 52
Bold/Shadow Tag
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Delibird Lv 51
Adamant/Hustle
- Ice Shard
- Aerial Ace
- Fly
- Thief

Delcatty Lv 51
Quirky/Cute Charm
- Thunder Wave
- Return
- Assist
- Feint Attack

Team Log
Pachirisu Lv 4
Rash/Run Away
- Bite
- Bide
- Growl

Luvdisc Lv 5
Modest/Swift Swim
- Tackle
- Charm

Ledyba Lv 7
Careful/Swam
- Bug Buzz
- Psybeam
- Tackle
- Supersonic

Wynaut Lv 5
Bold/Shadow Tag
- Charm
- Encore
- Splash

Delibird Lv 5
Adamant/Hustle
- Ice Shard
- Fake Out
- Present
- Destiny Bond

Pachirisu Lv 14
Rash/Run Away
- Spark
- Bite
- Quick Attack
- Growl

Luvdisc Lv 15
Modest/Swift Swim
- Water Gun
- Charm
- Take Down
- Agility

Ledyba Lv 15
Careful/Swam
- Bug Buzz
- Psybeam
- Infestation
- Reflect

Wobbuffet Lv 15
Bold/Shadow Tag
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Delibird Lv 15
Adamant/Hustle
- Ice Shard
- Fake Out
- Return
- Destiny Bond

Skitty Lv 14
Quirky/Cute Charm
- Tackle
- Return
- Sing
- Attract

Pachirisu Lv 19
Rash/Run Away
- Spark
- Bite
- Quick Attack
- Nuzzle

Luvdisc Lv 20
Modest/Swift Swim
- Water Gun
- Charm
- Take Down
- Agility

Ledyba Lv 19
Careful/Swam
- Bug Buzz
- Psybeam
- Mach Punch
- Reflect

Wobbuffet Lv 19
Bold/Shadow Tag
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Delibird Lv 20
Adamant/Hustle
- Ice Shard
- Fake Out
- Return
- Thief

Skitty Lv 20
Quirky/Cute Charm
- Tackle
- Return
- Copycat
- Attract

Pachirisu Lv 21
Rash/Run Away
- Spark
- Bite
- Swift
- Nuzzle

Luvdisc Lv 21
Modest/Swift Swim
- Water Gun
- Charm
- Take Down
- Agility

Ledian Lv 21
Careful/Swam
- Bug Buzz
- Psybeam
- Mach Punch
- Reflect

Wobbuffet Lv 21
Bold/Shadow Tag
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Delibird Lv 22
Adamant/Hustle
- Ice Shard
- Fake Out
- Return
- Thief

Skitty Lv 22
Quirky/Cute Charm
- Tackle
- Return
- Assist
- Attract

Pachirisu Lv 30
Rash/Run Away
- Spark
- Bite
- Electro Ball
- Nuzzle

Luvdisc Lv 31
Modest/Swift Swim
- Water Pulse
- Charm
- Take Down
- Agility

Ledian Lv 31
Careful/Swam
- Bug Buzz
- Psybeam
- Strength
- Reflect

Wobbuffet Lv 30
Bold/Shadow Tag
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Delibird Lv 32
Adamant/Hustle
- Ice Shard
- Aerial Ace
- Return
- Thief

Skitty Lv 31
Quirky/Cute Charm
- Thunder Wave
- Return
- Assist
- Feint Attack

Pachirisu Lv 33
Rash/Run Away
- Spark
- Bite
- Electro Ball
- Nuzzle

Luvdisc Lv 33
Modest/Swift Swim
- Water Pulse
- Charm
- Surf
- Agility

Ledian Lv 35
Careful/Swam
- Bug Buzz
- Psybeam
- Strength
- Reflect

Wobbuffet Lv 33
Bold/Shadow Tag
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Delibird Lv 34
Adamant/Hustle
- Ice Shard
- Aerial Ace
- Return
- Thief

Skitty Lv 34
Quirky/Cute Charm
- Thunder Wave
- Return
- Assist
- Feint Attack

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've still got my current Soul Silver save from a few years ago now where I set out to do a shitmons run which I obviously never finished. I started with Chikorita and caught myself a Ledyba, Smeargle and Wobbuffet. I ended up having to make Sudowoodo and the in-game trade Onix do all the work! They could beat all the regular trainers ok, but my strat for the Gym Leaders / other bosses was to just CounterCoat with Wob and use the rest of the team as healing fodder for him, needless to say it was an expensive endeavour (the E4 took its toll on my bank account). Ledian was absolutely awful, Smeargle was too but I suspect that's because I made him learn Fly, Surf, Strength and Cut (lol). Chikorita is a horrid Pokemon, a sorry excuse for a starter and I'll never use it again ever. Crap stats and all Grass moves? Yeah nah....

I'm really interested to see where this goes. I've been looking for a reason to start over an old game, probably a gen V one, so maybe this will inspire me to go on a Trubbish / Garbodor solo or something!

I've gone on about this before; but Snivy in BW was probably the worst Pokémon I've ever used on an in-game run. Only attacks are normal and grass, horrible matchup with most everything in the game, no redeemable stats aside from Speed... oy vey. Keep it away from anything that's not competitive with contrary. Even the grass monkey thing was better.
Did you forget to put Skitty on your Route 2 team thing or are you keeping it until later?

I've gone on about this before; but Snivy in BW was probably the worst Pokémon I've ever used on an in-game run. Only attacks are normal and grass, horrible matchup with most everything in the game, no redeemable stats aside from Speed... oy vey. Keep it away from anything that's not competitive with contrary. Even the grass monkey thing was better.
Did you forget to put Skitty on your Route 2 team thing or are you keeping it until later?
GSC Wobbuffet, GSC Unown, GSC Ledian, RSE Skitty and BW Purrloin say hi.

Definitely will try this later today during my Sacred Gold run.

However, I remember using Farfetched previously on Heartgold and he was pretty decent with stick attached to him.

Also, would Chickorita be considered a crapmon?

Also, side note; Snivy is a beast. Just need to know how to use him right!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hardly. A crapmon is a 'mon which both hits and takes hits like a wet paper tissue even when fully evolved, have few moves that are usable (if any at all, cough-cough-Wobbuffet), falls over in a light breeze, and is not redeemed by its ability. At least Meganium has offensive stats above 80, a fairly wide movepool, and solid defenses.

Wobbuffet and Unown battle for the title of being the ultimate crapmon. Unown having only one move is terribly bad, but at least it is able to deal consistent damage. On the other hand, Wobbuffet can deal tremendous damage to opponents under the right circumstances, whereas Unown is pitifully weak at all times and has to rely on super-effective hits to take out even weak opponents. That being said, Unown's base 72 offenses outperforms all the members of DHR's crapmon team in both Attack and Special Attack.

Some 'mons can be crapmons for part of the game, though that's stretching the definition. I trained a Ralts in XY, and it was not a very fun experience. Slower than everything, hits for very little damage, and is KO'd by everything. Kirlia is only marginally better. Gardevoir kicks butt, though, but getting there is quite a chore.

Wobbuffet is more gimmick than crapmon. It has actual bulk and can sometimes kill things, albeit in an inefficient manner dependent on the AI of your opponents. Unown wins hands-down because it's objectively worse with its one move of random typing (and power before Gen VI).
I agree Wobbuffet is really a gimmick that's a problem in-game making it a crap-mon. Wobbuffet deals damage based off the damage it took. Because you are looking to being a higher level than your opponent, Wobbuffet will be dealing a tiny bit of damage to every wild Pokemon in addition to having to deal with the randomness of their moves. Wobbuffet isn't SO much of a crap-mon but instead, like Wobbuffet is dex-wise, you have to be EXTREMELY patient if you want to use it in-game

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
At least you can reliably level up an Unown without having to rely on an Exp. Share... Seriously, Wobbuffet is the worst since it is nearly impossible to level up efficiently due to a lack of a direct damaging move and being prediction-reliant to deal damage in the first place (You could say Encore but that necessitates a Wynaut, something you cannot get without an egg). Heck Unown is actually semi-viable in DPPt since you get a free Choice Specs in Celestial Town which amps up the power of it's only attack. They are both bad but Wobbuffet is seriously worse ingame than Unown, even if it is a "gimmick". Unown is also better than Ditto who is reliant on its opponent to do much.

Yes Wobb can KO things thanks to gargantuan HP but you need to be good at predicting and you need a lot of items if it is going to get more than one KO. Yeah Destiny Bond exists but it is not going to gain exp from KOing something with that, isn't it?

As far as crapmons I have used, I have used Unown once ingame in HG and it was pretty bad (having HP Bug did not help) but it had its uses; just not against major battles. I have also used Pachirisu in Pearl once and it was actually quite beastly, especially once you got the aforementioned Choice Specs to really amp up the power of Discharge to respectable levels.

I agree with you on this one!

Ever since I got my first Pokemon game (Red version) and went with Venusaur, I have always had a proclivity for going with the grass-type starters. Chikorita > Bayleaf > Meganium was a blast to play through, so was Torterra. Snivy on the other hand, was an absolute struggle and really got me angry -- what were they thinking! http://i.imgur.com/GVhS4.gif

I can't recall many other 'crap' pokemon i've gone out of my way to train -- I mean, there are always those who can't really hold their weight which you suffer with but nothing comes to mind. Oh wait, when DHR-107 and I did a 'mystery egg' challenge the stunfisk and whiscash drove me nuts! http://25.media.tumblr.com/2751630731b100df178f0e6caf294ed8/tumblr_mzvk49PHe41t1zlo7o1_500.gif

How is the run-through going to far, DHR-107 -- any updates?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I've still got my current Soul Silver save from a few years ago now where I set out to do a shitmons run which I obviously never finished. I started with Chikorita and caught myself a Ledyba, Smeargle and Wobbuffet. I ended up having to make Sudowoodo and the in-game trade Onix do all the work! They could beat all the regular trainers ok, but my strat for the Gym Leaders / other bosses was to just CounterCoat with Wob and use the rest of the team as healing fodder for him, needless to say it was an expensive endeavour (the E4 took its toll on my bank account). Ledian was absolutely awful, Smeargle was too but I suspect that's because I made him learn Fly, Surf, Strength and Cut (lol). Chikorita is a horrid Pokemon, a sorry excuse for a starter and I'll never use it again ever. Crap stats and all Grass moves? Yeah nah....

I'm really interested to see where this goes. I've been looking for a reason to start over an old game, probably a gen V one, so maybe this will inspire me to go on a Trubbish / Garbodor solo or something!
There is a reason I bailed out of Smeargle... Too complicated/time consuming to get decent moves. Especially when you take into account the randomness the AI can sometimes have and you only get one shot. I'm having to feel that Wobby is going to help me out immeasurably against the gyms and Elite 4. Chikorita got a lot better in Gen 4 compared to Gen 2, and is even better again in 5/6. Gen 2 had a lot of mons which were terrible.

Snivy in BW was not all that fun no. Having 0 coverage really limited it's usage, but at least Gen 5 was not that unkind to Grass types in regards to playthroughs. You have a handful of gyms where it's usable and you gain another in BW2. Skitty is available from XY on Route 4, which I have now obtained. I wanted to have at least one thing from the game I was playing. Just have to find a Moon Stone somewhere...

GSC Wobbuffet, GSC Unown, GSC Ledian, RSE Skitty and BW Purrloin say hi.
Purrloin was considered, but looking over it again recently in deciding this team I decided in Gen 6 it gets enough upgrades to actually be usable. But yeah, Gen 5 it got nothing of use at all.

Definitely will try this later today during my Sacred Gold run.

However, I remember using Farfetched previously on Heartgold and he was pretty decent with stick attached to him.

Also, side note; Snivy is a beast. Just need to know how to use him right!
I tried training Farfy in a Soul Silver game and ended up giving up on it and replacing it with Lugia. He is the only Pokemon I have ever completely given up on training because it was just so awful compared to the rest of the team. I considered him again for this run, but having never trained 1 move Delibird, I had to go with that option.

I agree Wobbuffet is really a gimmick that's a problem in-game making it a crap-mon. Wobbuffet deals damage based off the damage it took. Because you are looking to being a higher level than your opponent, Wobbuffet will be dealing a tiny bit of damage to every wild Pokemon in addition to having to deal with the randomness of their moves. Wobbuffet isn't SO much of a crap-mon but instead, like Wobbuffet is dex-wise, you have to be EXTREMELY patient if you want to use it in-game
I did breed to Wynaut to at least get the usage of Encore to attempt to play against the AI's somewhat random move selection. Not so bad against Gym Leaders etc, but experience share is definitely going to be useful!

I agree with you on this one!

Ever since I got my first Pokemon game (Red version) and went with Venusaur, I have always had a proclivity for going with the grass-type starters. Chikorita > Bayleaf > Meganium was a blast to play through, so was Torterra. Snivy on the other hand, was an absolute struggle and really got me angry -- what were they thinking! http://i.imgur.com/GVhS4.gif

I can't recall many other 'crap' pokemon i've gone out of my way to train -- I mean, there are always those who can't really hold their weight which you suffer with but nothing comes to mind. Oh wait, when DHR-107 and I did a 'mystery egg' challenge the stunfisk and whiscash drove me nuts! http://25.media.tumblr.com/2751630731b100df178f0e6caf294ed8/tumblr_mzvk49PHe41t1zlo7o1_500.gif

How is the run-through going to far, DHR-107 -- any updates?
Stunfisk is incredibly usable, the one I gave you even had Earth Power! Whiscash I will agree could do with some tweaks, but alas, I do not think it's a terrible Pokemon, you just have high standards!

I have now updated as of Lumiose City and just starting to venture out onto Route 5. The Gym Match with Viola went pretty smoothly, with Pachirisu taking down Surskit and then Delibird beating Vivillon. Hustle Ice Shards hurt when they hit... I'm going to try and match Gym Leaders mons with my own (So if a leader has 3, I will use 3 too).

So a few other things I did not mention before; I will be using XP share, but not the boosts to XP from Amie. I might also negotiate trades to get particular TM moves for Pokemon if I need them, but I am going to try and use as much in game stuff as I can before I reach that point. So far... So good... But I only have one badge and I have no idea how I am going to deal with Clemont or Valerie as of yet. Half my team is weak to electric and none of them resist it. It might be a long match there.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
In my experience, Farfetch'd isn't that bad. Or, well, it is, but it usually comes via an in-game trade, netting it a pretty little exp. boost, which lets it stay ahead of the level curve. Its Attack breaks the magical barrier of Base 60 (it would tie for the strongest physical attacker on your team), it learns both Cut and Fly, and has decent (but not outstanding) power in Knock Off, Poison Jab, Acrobatics and STAB return. Carrying a Stick it will also get a crit 100 % of the time with Slash, Night Slash and Air Cutter (and Leaf Blade, but that is not compatible with the exp. boost from in-game trades. Well, neither is Stick, but you get the idea). It might not be the 'mon you bring to sweep the Elite Four, or the one that saves your team from what would otherwise be a certain loss, but it has got some quite nifty improvements over the generations.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
What Codraroll said is right. Farfetch'd is completely fine - despite the bad stats, it can set up and abuse crit changes in later gens as well as an expanded movepool and certainly beats most of the crap mons by virtue of its utility.

Unown / Wobbuffet are shit mons but they aren't limited to just one move or no attacks. Struggle isn't the best thing in the world but base 50 BP with slight recoil damage in early gens and no type resists / immunities makes it an okay option for Unown should it not have an effective Hidden Power at some point in the game or Wobbuffet should it just want to get past stuff it can't touch. It's actually completely possible to solo run GSC with Wobbuffet as time consuming and daunting as it may be.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
In my experience, Farfetch'd isn't that bad. Or, well, it is, but it usually comes via an in-game trade, netting it a pretty little exp. boost, which lets it stay ahead of the level curve. Its Attack breaks the magical barrier of Base 60 (it would tie for the strongest physical attacker on your team), it learns both Cut and Fly, and has decent (but not outstanding) power in Knock Off, Poison Jab, Acrobatics and STAB return. Carrying a Stick it will also get a crit 100 % of the time with Slash, Night Slash and Air Cutter (and Leaf Blade, but that is not compatible with the exp. boost from in-game trades. Well, neither is Stick, but you get the idea). It might not be the 'mon you bring to sweep the Elite Four, or the one that saves your team from what would otherwise be a certain loss, but it has got some quite nifty improvements over the generations.
I used it in Gen 4 and never wish to repeat it. Granted now it probably does have enough "goodness" to make it somewhat usable, but its defences are still utterly lacking and it dies to all sorts of random stuff.

What Codraroll said is right. Farfetch'd is completely fine - despite the bad stats, it can set up and abuse crit changes in later gens as well as an expanded movepool and certainly beats most of the crap mons by virtue of its utility.

Unown / Wobbuffet are shit mons but they aren't limited to just one move or no attacks. Struggle isn't the best thing in the world but base 50 BP with slight recoil damage in early gens and no type resists / immunities makes it an okay option for Unown should it not have an effective Hidden Power at some point in the game or Wobbuffet should it just want to get past stuff it can't touch. It's actually completely possible to solo run GSC with Wobbuffet as time consuming and daunting as it may be.
I am not going to grind out all the PP just to use struggle to hit everything. It's a giant waste of time, especially considering the newer recoil mechanics when it comes to Struggle itself. I cannot imagine the time it took him to complete this... That crosses over the line of fun and into repetitive and tedious extremely quickly haha.

I have just gotten up to the end of Glittering Cave with the latest team in the above. Going to switch off the XP share until I get to grant to see if it makes things interesting. I'm not so worried about the early parts of the game, it's the latter stages when these Pokemon are going to be seriously underpowered compared to some of the other Pokemon I am going to be fighting. Fortunately having things like Nuzzle/Reflect might help me out in this regard...

Is Pachirisu considered a shitmon? Because I know for sure I used it on a Pokemon Diamond run. I used it along with Torterra so that in Double Battles using Discharge wouldn't hurt my partner. Now why use Pachirisu and not Raichu is something I can't answer. Probably didn't feel like getting a Pikachu since Pachirisu is easier to obtain

Is Pachirisu considered a shitmon? Because I know for sure I used it on a Pokemon Diamond run. I used it along with Torterra so that in Double Battles using Discharge wouldn't hurt my partner. Now why use Pachirisu and not Raichu is something I can't answer. Probably didn't feel like getting a Pikachu since Pachirisu is easier to obtain
At least Pachirisu had decent bulk and Speed. Try using unevolved Pikachu ( like Yellow which cannot evolve ) and it is worse

Nono see, your team is unacceptable. What you need to do is do the following:
  1. Remove one of the Pokemon from your team
  2. Replace it with a Flareon

EDIT: I have been informed that Flareon, despite being awful, can actually be forced to work half-decently in-game. Replace what I said with Leafeon.

EDIT EDIT: I have been informed that none of the Eeveelutions are awful enough to apply here. Oops.

Last edited:

EDIT: I have been informed that Flareon, despite being awful, can actually be forced to work half-decently in-game. Replace what I said with Leafeon.

EDIT EDIT: I have been informed that none of the Eeveelutions are awful enough to apply here. Oops.
How about Eevee himself?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Will you be replacing one of those with Spinda soon? I remembered it being utter crap in my Sapphire run and have never touched it since.
The team is unfortunately set in stone at this point. Spinda is actually not terrible, on par with Farfy and other mons around that level of badness. Bad yeah, but not this level of bad.

It won a World Champhionship with a very specific moveset, so it can't be all that bad. But ingame its movepool is... rather lacking until later levels and it struggles to deal damage.

Yeah, seeing your edit. Flareon is much much too good for this team. It's relatively usable apart form the glaring movepool holes it has.

How about Eevee himself?
Eevee evolves and I did not want to run with anything NFE. Just personal preference more than anything, otherwise I could have just used Sunkern/Ledyba/Wynaut etc and it would have been even more dull for me.

Okay, so I lost to Grant first time because he critted out of the wazoo after I had set up everything to deal with Tyrunt (Reflect + Charm etc). He critted Wobby down to low health with Amaura (Take Down hurts), KO'd it, but then Tyrunt just obliterated his way through the rest of the team with Crit Rock Tombs/Bites. Was not fun. I did learn a lot however about how to use my team more effectively for the next attempt.

Second attempt went a lot more smoothly, no random crits from Grant, but still Tyrunt was hard to take down. Paralyzing it with Nuzzle and then Charming it with Luvdisc got the job done eventually. Now have given Aerial Ace to Delibird (yay good STAB) and Ledian has had to learn Strength. Heading north now and onto Geosenge.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
I am so glad this isn't also a nuzlocke. That would screw even the best of players over.
Yeah... I'm not a huge fan of Nuzlocking for that exact reason. I've played some in the past, but at the end of the day unless you put other limitations on yourself there is no real challenge as you can grind to get past stuff.

The Gym Match with Korrina was simple enough. Delibird swept through Meinfoo and Machoke before being hit by a +1 crit Flying Press and being KO'd. However, Wobbuffet came out and Countered another Flying Press to seal the match. Luvdisc finally gets a big power upgrade by gaining Surf at this point, and now I am on my way to battle with Old Man Ramos for the 4th badge.

Sorry my updates are slow :( I will try and play more in the coming weeks to get this done before RBY Drops on VC :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)