Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
At 0:25 in the new Japanese trailer video, I believe that's Litten using Fire Fang (hopefully by learning it early). Here's hoping that means it becomes a strong physical sweeper like Blaziken =)
Doesn't Charizard get Fire Fang despite its shitty Attack stat?

(Yes I know Mega Charizard X is a thing, but Charizard has had Fire Fang since Gen IV.)

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This picture shows that Eevee is Pokedex Number 123 (I don't know what island's dex). Meaning that: Vaporeon has 124, Jolteon 125, Flareon, 126, till we get to Sylveon at 131.

Now, this image only shows us 8 Pokeball symbols, & since it was confirmed that the Pokeball symbols show a Pokemon's evolutions, this means that we will NOT get an Eeveelution for this gen. Sorry, no Dragon Eevee sadly.

An interesting "blink and you'll miss it" thing in the trailer. At 1:25, a player is seen blow-drying a Pikachu with a Porygon blow-dryer. After that, hearts pop up. It looks like Pokemon Amie is returning after all! Here's hoping the PSS and Super Training will return as well.
Fingers crossed they integrate some kind of DexNav function as well...

that strange ring , for me, is to make a single movement that can only be done in that way or to make an attack "mega evolve " gained more power from another effect

Man I just realized that the animations after the starters getting their move boosts are the actual moves themselves. Looking more and more likely there's one signature move for each type, a la ORAS contest moves. You know, the ones when you get 5 stars. Grass one used against Lillipup, and its flowery... Then a big fire attack, then a giant whirlpool. This is really cool and I am hyped about this Ultimate Move thing.

Well, the new Gimmick does seem to involve super powered attacks, BUT it does not appear to involve your pokemon transforming, so it isn't Synchro Evolution... So It looks like my major complaint in waiting fizzles out. Which is good, because this means that these super powered attacks have the possibility to be usable by ALL pokemon, although other requirements remain to be seen. I do wonder if they'll be mutually exclusive with Mega Evolution, as in a pokemon that holds a Mega Stone can't use that attack... It seems like the item is something the player has, so I doubt it is something the Pokemon holds.

Another question: We've seen the character riding on a Stoutland and a Tauros now... I wonder if that means no bike? I'm not really caring too much about Lapras and Sharpedo, since that is probably just an indication it'll act the same as ORAS, but riding on Pokemon wherever seems interesting. (I will totally go Gogoating around if that's the case.) I am intrigued by the implications of this. Also the Hatless confirmation is amusing.

Concerning the leak: The Super attack aspect and the video bit are the only things right, but they did also mention two pokemon that weren't shown... So i'mma chalk it up to coincidence. Especially because the image of the Pikachu with the lighting beam predates that particular leak, and the whole "wants to turn Alola into a tourist paradise" bit seems like a cliche a pokemon villain group would do.

So at 1:20 we see some sort of Ginyu-ass pose from the trainer, which evidently corresponds to Pikachu's move in the battle.

I doubt that this is some kind of synchro garbage since we can clearly see Pikachu in the frames before it, with no unusual features (as opposed to Ash-Grenjinja).

1:45-1:46 clearly shows a new type of mega bracelet/whatever with some kind of arrow thing instead of the mega evolution symbol. Wasn't there something about how this region's professor is studying pokemon moves? Seems relevant in this case. I can't remember for certain, so if anyone here can confirm this, please tag me if you post about it.

I personally have no clue what this could be, but as long as we don't get any cosplay/furbait shit I think it could be an interesting addition to the mechanics.

Either way...

get hyped fam

also, with everyone saying "hallelujah, no more hats!", I think this is in order:

Whoa... finally no stupid hat as I myself don't like wearing it.

And Talonflame confirmed to return. 0:21 shows someone using it in Battle Royale....

ALso, what kind of pose is this at 1:20? That Pikachu's Electric Beam shown in the official site seems to have more elaborate animation and if both are related, then this is the Synchro people had been talking about? Also, I don't remember Ash doing that pose when syncing with Greninja, nor any poses anyways in that matter, although he did some poses as Greninja attacks....

And looks like PokeAmie returns with more elaborate additions. I take back what I said. It seems like they revamped it with some feature reduced instead. If they don't add a way to increase playfulness when removing the minigames like Head It, then....

Last edited:
Whoa... finally no stupid hat as I myself don't like wearing it.

And Talonflame confirmed to return. 0:21 shows someone using it in Battle Royale....

ALso, what kind of pose is this at 1:20? That Pikachu's Electric Beam shown in the official site seems to have more elaborate animation and if both are related, then this is the Synchro people had been talking about? Also, I don't remember Ash doing that pose when syncing with Greninja, nor any poses anyways in that matter, although he did some poses as Greninja attacks....

And looks like PokeAmie returns with more elaborate additions. I take back what I said. It seems like they revamped it with some feature reduced instead. If they don't add a way to increase playfulness when removing the minigames like Head It, then....
He did the kick with Greninja in the gym fight vs Wulfric.

As for Ash-greninja, maybe this is syncro, but only certain pokemon change appearence. would be very hard to do new models for every pokemon in the game. I think only starters, and some special pokemon, will change form slightly for these special attacks. And the ones that do change form get a unique attack, like ash greninja with Massive water shurican

I wonder if Synchro Evolution is the new Mega Evolution
Not new perhaps a spin on the mechanics that also destroys balance Ala primal, switching in procs it and it's independent of action whole being free to use with a mega evolution, or a itemless mega evolution.

It's not replacing it, but bring added on top as the fifth move or move replacing X.

Trailer looked great. I particularly liked the changes made to Pokemon Amie. It seems like there will be more to do this time around + the environment updates to match your current location. These are great changes. I think that these additions will help players connect better with their pokemon and the changing landscapes might help players feel that the Pokemon are coming along with them. Synchro attacks look pretty great as well. In addition to having a great animation, it helps create a bond between the player and Pokemon that wasn't really there before.

New Pokemon look pretty cool as well. Kiteruguma has a simple design that fits its typing pretty well. Reminds me of those fighting teddy bears from Phantom World. Really hope that it evolves into something more menacing however. Mimicyu is a pretty interesting ghost type. I really like its design. The doll that the mon wears in addition to the "eyes" on its stomach make it look both cute and menacing at the same time, representing both of its types pretty well. Like with Vikavolt, I'm definitely using this mon in my in-game team.

Trailer looked great. I particularly liked the changes made to Pokemon Amie. It seems like there will be more to do this time around + the environment updates to match your current location. These are great changes. I think that these additions will help players connect better with their pokemon and the changing landscapes might help players feel that the Pokemon are coming along with them. Synchro attacks look pretty great as well. In addition to having a great animation, it helps create a bond between the player and Pokemon that wasn't really there before.

New Pokemon look pretty cool as well. Kiteruguma has a simple design that fits its typing pretty well. Reminds me of those fighting teddy bears from Phantom World. Really hope that it evolves into something more menacing however. Mimicyu is a pretty interesting ghost type. I really like its design. The doll that the mon wears in addition to the "eyes" on its stomach make it look both cute and menacing at the same time, representing both of its types pretty well. Like with Vikavolt, I'm definitely using this mon in my in-game team.
Albrecht is going to be the name of mine after you mentioned "Kirby is best girl by kyoani : The animation".

Jokes aside that bear suffers hard from Lumineon syndrome, too standard for its own good.

As for Ash-greninja, maybe this is syncro, but only certain pokemon change appearence. would be very hard to do new models for every pokemon in the game. I think only starters, and some special pokemon, will change form slightly for these special attacks. And the ones that do change form get a unique attack, like ash greninja with Massive water shurican
I wonder if Synchro Evolution is the new Mega Evolution
Not new perhaps a spin on the mechanics that also destroys balance Ala primal, switching in procs it and it's independent of action whole being free to use with a mega evolution, or a itemless mega evolution.

It's not replacing it, but bring added on top as the fifth move or move replacing X.
How does the Ginyu pose thing equal something that needs the word Evolution attached to it?
Seriously, it amazes me how people keep parroting the term "Synchro Evolution" despite the fact it is 99.9% fan made. The only evidence is something that we've only seen in the anime, has only been applied to one Pokémon, and has yet to get a name. Hell, I think it got this fan nickname from an English dub title. Which is silly since the English title has nothing to do with the Japanese title:
English - "The Synchronicity Test!"
Japanese (Translated) - "Satoshi* vs. Alain! Gekkouga** vs Lizardon*** Once Again!"
There is no real evidence that Ash-Greninja will be a major mechanic in Generation VII nor that the Ginyu pose thing has anything to do with it.

*Ash
** Greninja
*** Charizard

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Ooh boy! A new trailer on top of CoroCoro leaks and it has a load of information:

0:18: NO HAT! We now know Ken Sugimori ain't directly involved with the art direction.
0:27: So there will be moves that hit all opponents in Battle Royal. They'll probably become priority number one for the other opponents.
0:42: They changed around the menu. As always we have Pokemon in your part (top left), Rotom Dex (top right), Bag (middle left), and Save (middle right). However there are two there that's new with Name (your Trainer Card) and Options "gone". If I had to take a guess, maybe they combined your Trainer Card with the Options and that's the bottom left icon. But what's the bottom right icon then? It looks like a Pikachu head logo with a brush. Could it possible be this game's version of Pokemon-Amie?
0:54: No new Eeveelution. :(
1:20: SEE SUPER MOVE DISCUSSION BELOW
1:24-1:26: So Pokemon-Amie looks to be back (or Sun & Moon's version of it), and it's been expanded upon:

• Instead of teleporting into a rainbow field pocket dimension, your bond with your Pokemon in an environment resembling the one you're currently in.
  • You can groom your Pokemon (an option provided via the top right icon). In the trailer we see you can blow dry (with a Porygon 2 blow dryer) your Pokemon dry after getting wet (possibly by another grooming item? Maybe we can bathe our Pokemon and then dry them off).
  • There's a top left icon with something that looks like a malasada (the favorite treat of our rival, Hau), my guess they're replacing the Poke Puffs. Silly Hau, malasada (Pokasada?) are for Pokemon!
  • Bottom right icon looks like will let you switch to another Pokemon without needing to exit the interaction screen, a feature notably missing from Gen VI's Pokemon-Amie.

1:30-1:35: Well I guess that confirms the CoroCoro leaks if there was any doubt (Kiteruguma looks a bit better in its 3D model). You know, being how fast they showed them I wonder if the intent was to get you excited for seeing a glimpse of them in this trailer and THEN seeing more info about them from CoroCoro. If that's your intent GF I suggest releasing trailers at least a week before CoroCoro as you must know it leaks early.
1:36: Environments look great and I guess also confirm you can still find Poke Balls containing items on the ground.
1:42: SEE RIDING POKEMON DISCUSSION BELOW
1:45: SEE SUPER MOVE DISCUSSION BELOW
2:03: (Insert outdated meme about being on a water vehicle)
2:04-2:05: SEE RIDING POKEMON DISCUSSION BELOW
2:05-2:10: SEE SUPER MOVE DISCUSSION BELOW

Super Moves:
WOOT! So THAT'S what the bracelets are for! Can we finally put the Synchro stuff to rest now? Not until they say so? Fine.
But yes, looks like at least one of the new features of the new crystal/gem/diamond bracelets looks to be performing a super move. From what I can guess, you activate it (1:46 could be the symbol for the Super Moves), your trainer does an action associated with the element of the super move (1:20 is the Electric-type one where your trainer forms a lightning bolt symbol with their arms. 2:06-2:07 shows us a quick segment for the Grass-, Fire-, and Water-type), your Pokemon receives the energy and has the Super Move's type appear in front of them, and then they perform it. Electric is a super Thunderbolt, Grass is a rainbow leaf explosion, Fire is a huge fire ball, and Water is a huge whirlpool.
I could now start speculating about how the mechanics could work activating the Super Move but that would me making blind guesses. All I will say I doubt you can pull them off all the time, there must be something you need to do to get access to it like filling up a guage of some sort. Also do you just perform the Super Move of the Pokemon's primary type or, basing an idea off the fake Synchro gif, could there be multiple crystals/gems/diamonds you can collect of each type and you can only have one active at a time (either your locked into the one you choose before battle or you can maybe switch them out by giving up a turn). But I'm getting into speculation so I'll stop.
BUT WAIT! What does this mean for Mega Evolution? Hmm, well maybe this connects to it somehow. Maybe the bracelt is multi-functional, can both Mega Evolve and activate Super Moves. Maybe instead of filling up a guage you can use the Super Move anytime you want... by giving up use of Mega Evolving! Mega Moves! So many possibilities, yet so little information.

Riding Pokemon:
So in addition to Stoutland you can ride a Tauros, Lapras, and Sharpedo. Now the latter two at first don't sound like anything new, but it is as they now had a device you can strap to them (Lapras gives the player a high seat while Sharpedo turns it into a sort of jet ski). Also Tauros look to have the special feature of charging while on it.
All this looks really cool... which makes me wonder if these are your Pokemon. When it was just a saddle for Stoutland and now Tauros I was willing to say yes... but then I saw the vastly different equipment attached to Lapras and Sharpedo. I can believe carrying around a saddle, and maybe special equipment for water Pokemon, but two? I'm beginning to wonder are these our Pokemon or Riding Pokemon like in XY where they're only for one area and not owned by us.
I'm hoping we can ride our Pokemon and they expanded on the idea so there's a lot of Pokemon we can ride on, but now I'm being a bit cautious as what I'm seeing is making me wonder how that would work in the game.

I am ambivalent towards the alleged "super moves".

On one hand, it seems like a really cool mechanic. If I may be allowed a bit of blind speculation (sorry!), I'd like it if the activation method is that a meter of some sort charges a bit every turn, and then when it's fully charged, you can use the move and it resets back to zero, with switching resetting it as well. Sort of like how the Wonder Launcher in Gen V (Assuming anyone actually remembers it existed). If there were also mechanics that worked with this (for example, moves that drain the opponent's charge or fill your own, or an ability that makes it charge faster in certain conditions), it could add an exciting layer of depth to strategic play.

However, I also fear that we're seeing quite a bit of complexity creep in these last two generations. Mega Evolution and now whatever this turns out to be are both extreme shifts in not only how Pokemon is played, but how the universe is set up. Heck, for Gen VI, they had to start an entirely new canon timeline to avoid conflicts with previous generations. Sure, adding a special mechanic for each generation as GF has been doing lately (V: Huge number of new Pokemon; VI: Mega; VII: whatever this turns out to be) is fun and certainly sells, but the long-term effect is that these gimmicks start to pile up. I'm just worried that eventually we may have a game that's near-unrecognizable to the relatively simple gameplay of gens I-IV. Then again, that's probably just nostalgia talking. At least we're *probably* not getting Synchro.

Honestly, now that Mega Evolution is no longer the "new toy" and was more the gimmick mechanic of Gen VI, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see it being very reduced, if not outright removed, in Sun/Moon. You could just give the explanation that when the Ultimate Weapon fired and had the side effect of making Mega Stones, Alola, being the remote island region that it is, was out of range. If not, I'm sure I can speak for a few VGC players when I say I wouldn't mind playing VGC 2017 without Megas (but probably having them back in 2018+).

So now the trainers intstead of going Ora(s) Ora(s) they pose like in Jojo Bizarre adventures?! This trainers are being stylish all over their pokeballs.

Sin título2.png I don't know how the image will look like but this seems like a special place it looks like it an altar because of the torch and a rock circle at the top as ground.

Honestly, now that Mega Evolution is no longer the "new toy" and was more the gimmick mechanic of Gen VI, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see it being very reduced, if not outright removed, in Sun/Moon. You could just give the explanation that when the Ultimate Weapon fired and had the side effect of making Mega Stones, Alola, being the remote island region that it is, was out of range. If not, I'm sure I can speak for a few VGC players when I say I wouldn't mind playing VGC 2017 without Megas (but probably having them back in 2018+).
Competitive desires aside, that's a pretty bold statement don'tcha think? Gamefreak, for all their faults, has rarely ever cut any introduced content. They add and add and add, but have never truly taken something away before in the span of a game generation. The only thing cut from a main series game I can think of are the elemental gems (besides the strangely kept normal gem).

While anything is possible, cutting Mega evolution would be taking entire pokemon out of the the game on a scale Gamefreak has never EVER done before. I really really really really REALLY doubt they would do that.

I find myself saying this every other post lately, but let's cool off the hype train, okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)