Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pre-order bonus has been announced for America.

...As expected, no figurines. Just a lousy steelbook if you order the special double-pack off of amazon. Hopefully, the figurines will be able to be bought sometime soon.
If you're in America, we'll probably get "Figure Boxes" in the Pokemon TCG probably in March or April 2017. They'll cost $20 each, come with 4 booster packs, and a promo card of the legend.

The EU will instead get the figure replaced with a jumbo card because of some lame gambling laws. Maybe Brexit will change this in the future as the UK makes its own laws

Other than Grubbin, vikavolt and Rockruff, pretty much every new pokemon has at least 1 new and powerful ability so far. This shit is really crazy....

Yeah they're going ham with the introduction of new abilities. Makes me wonder how the distribution is going to be like.
It is a bit interesting.

For the last four generations there have been 3 ways to introduce new abilities to old pokemon:
Gen 4 - almost all pokemon get 2 abilities (when it used to be just one for most)
Gen 5 - almost all pokemon get a third hidden ability
Gen 6 - Mega evolution changes your ability

While new mega evolutions can still provide old 'mons with new abilities, there aren't many bridges left unburned to get them on older pokemon. So it looks like they are going to town on giving them out to the new guys.

An interesting "blink and you'll miss it" thing in the trailer. At 1:25, a player is seen blow-drying a Pikachu with a Porygon blow-dryer. After that, hearts pop up. It looks like Pokemon Amie is returning after all! Here's hoping the PSS and Super Training will return as well.

Loving Pikaboo's ghost/fairy typing. Ghost is my favorite type, and fairy could use some creepy looking pokemon (okay, well, it's still cute, but kinda in a creepy way.) I'm hoping it gets an evolution though. Something even creepier and powerful. The bear or red panda thing doesn't interest me at the moment, though maybe it'll grow on me and get some cool evolution.

I noticed some other things as well:
When the pikachu did the special move (i'm presuming it's synchro at this point) the trainer did a sort of lightning bolt shape with his arms. I wonder if that's a key thing for synchro?

Also, our first snippet of the 3d models of mimikkyu/mimicu and the bear (can't remember it's name).
Mimicu looks a lot more yellow than the pictures we got of the corocor leak, but it might just be how they filmed the screen.

Oh look at that. Some move power up thing there. The starters and Pikachu have some thing where the trainer makes some epic pose before they do a mega attack of some kind. Maybe that's the Synchros or something like that.

Proof to the leak. New trailer shows riding Tauros.
That is in no way proof. The leak said most Pokemon will be ridable, and the four confirmed Pokemon are in no way most. Keep in mind that XY and ORAS had five put together. Ridable Pokemon is also much easier to do now since in battle and overworld models are the same. Again "most Pokemon being ridable" could have been infered from previous information. The only not speculation based information the leaks gave were starter designs and "build your own league". Until we get either of those, the leaks seem really flimsy. (Sorry Cresselia~~ )

It seems mega evolution will be returning, as the trainer at one point raises his fist in the air and a burst of yellow light appears. However, the symbol is different and seems to be a triangle with a vaguely Pokemon looking shape under it.

I forgot to mention this in my last post, but in the battle royal, it looks like Rowlet uses razor leaf (? it could be leafage, although it looks a little different to me) so I'm not sure if it just learns both, or I'm remembering wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)